Sidious, Tarkin, Vader vs. Thrawn, Grievous, Trench

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
As with my other thread, this is a battle of tacticians.

Each team has control of identical resources (lets say 3 fleets each), and have 6 hours to prepare for the battle.

None of the characters can directly partake in the conflict. They are basically standing back, commanding their resources like chess pieces.

Which team would win?

Total Warrior
Team 2 wins

Bergmar
^ Agree

relentless1
Are the Force users allowed to use their abilities in the war room though? Because Sidious' ability to forsee the future could be a problem for team 2 however Thrawn and Trench are far better field commanders so id say team 2 depending on

Eli Vanto
Lets say two scenarios. One where they can use the Force in the war room, and another where they cannot.

relentless1
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Lets say two scenarios. One where they can use the Force in the war room, and another where they cannot.

well if they can use foresight then id say Team 1 for the win

ares834
Not a chance. When have any of these characters used foresight in such a way?

I suppose they could win if they are allowed to use offensive powers. Open a line of communication with Thrawn and then crush him with the Force. But I'd image that's against the spirit of the thread.

Total Warrior
Yeah, Sid and Vader could likely also pull Star Destroyers from the sky

relentless1
Originally posted by ares834
Not a chance. When have any of these characters used foresight in such a way?

I suppose they could win if they are allowed to use offensive powers. Open a line of communication with Thrawn and then crush him with the Force. But I'd image that's against the spirit of the thread.

The Emperor foresaw everything that happened up until the unexpected interference of the Ewoks, id say that's a handy skill to have in your military leadership

Galan007
It was also implied that Palpatine foresaw pretty much everything that happened in Lords of the Sith as well.

But I'm not really sure how effective it would be here. /shrug

relentless1
Originally posted by Galan007
It was also implied that Palpatine foresaw pretty much everything that happened in Lords of the Sith as well.

But I'm not really sure how effective it would be here. /shrug

Thrawn or trench can be as sneaky with their maneuvering as they want but its all moot if Sidious anticipates it all

ares834
Sidious is far from omniscient. He may claim that he foresaw everything, but it's just that, a claim. He wasn't able to sense Luke's presence. Nor was he able to predict the battle turning out as it did. So, yeah, acting as if he would be able to do so here seems quite silly and unfounded to me.

relentless1
Sidious is far from omniscient. He may claim that he foresaw everything, but it's just that, a claim. He wasn't able to sense Luke's presence. Nor was he able to predict the battle turning out as it did. So, yeah, acting as if he would be able to do so here seems quite silly and unfounded to me.

everything that happened up until episode 4 went as he had planned and predicted, when the dark side was in full sway; sounds like a pretty good track record to me

ares834
Yes, things ultimately went as he planned but that was due to his masterful manipulations rather than foresight. However, many things did nor progress as he anticipated some obvious ones are Yoda and Kenobi's survival and Maul's defeat in TPM.

relentless1
Yes, things ultimately went as he planned but that was due to his masterful manipulations rather than foresight. However, many things did nor progress as he anticipated some obvious ones are Yoda and Kenobi's survival and Maul's defeat in TPM.

the things that his strategy didn't cover his tactics did

Galan007
Palpatine's precog/foresight can often allow him to perceive the 'gist' of certain situations, but it hardly makes him infallible. There is still plenty that he didn't foresee.

For all we know, the only thing he might be able to accurately predict here is his own defeat. /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.