Trigger warning: Journalist points out what Tim Pool is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://journalistsresource.org/tip-sheets/reporting/13-security-tips-journalists-hate-online/

Consider a case from my own experience, where my reporting triggered a harassment campaign. In February 2019, I published an investigation of an e-commerce operation that Gavin McInnes, founder of the far-right men’s group the Proud Boys, whose members have been charged with multiple counts of violence, described as the group’s legal defense fund. During the course of my reporting, multiple payment processors used by the e-commerce site pulled their services. In the days after the article published, I received some harassment on Twitter, but it quickly petered out. That changed in June, after the host of a popular channel on YouTube and far-right-adjacent blogger Tim Pool made a 25-minute video about my story, accusing me of being a “left-wing media activist.” The video has since been viewed hundreds of thousands of times.

Within minutes of Pool’s video going live, the harassment began again. A dozen tweets and emails per-minute lit up my phone — some included physical threats and anti-Semitic attacks directed at my family and myself. A slew of fringe-right websites, including Infowars, created segments and blog posts about Pool’s video. I received requests to reset my passwords, likely from trolls attempting to hack into my accounts. Users of the anonymous message board 4chan and anonymous Twitter accounts began posting information directing people to find where I live.

What follows is general safety advice for newsrooms and journalists who report on hate groups and the platforms where they congregate online.

Really good piece actually.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
That changed in June, after the host of a popular channel on YouTube and far-right-adjacent blogger Tim Pool made a 25-minute video about my story

Inb4 "he's not far right REEEEEEEEEEEEEE" gaslighting

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Inb4 "he's not far right REEEEEEEEEEEEEE" gaslighting laughing out loud why else would he enable harassment and why else would such toxic pro right people watch him... but the gaslighting will come.

eThneoLgrRnae
Aww, Tim Pool triggers poor Pooty something fierce because Pool is a sensible liberal unlike all of these far left wackjobs. Waah, waah, waah , cry me a river, Pooty.

Eon Blue

eThneoLgrRnae

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Aww, Tim Pool triggers poor Pooty something fierce because Pool is a sensible liberal unlike all of these far left wackjobs. Waah, waah, waah , cry me a river, Pooty. durwank

Adam_PoE

Eon Blue

Silent Master
Yep, the person that wrote that article is massively triggered.

BackFire
Tun Pool. The right wing not right wing Trump loving Bernie Sanders supporter. Did I get that right?

eThneoLgrRnae
No, ya didn't. He doesn't "love Trump" at all. He has criticized him on many occasions. Tim Pool actually says many things I disagree with. He is not right-wing and he sure as Hell isn't alt-right.

True, he thinks Trump is gonna win in a landslide (and he's probably right) but that doesn"t make him pro-Trump.

Old Man Whirly!
No, ya didn't. He doesn't "love Trump" at all. He has criticized him on many occasions. Tim Pool actually says many things I disagree with. He is not right-wing and he sure as Hell isn't alt-right.

True, he thinks Trump is gonna win in a landslide (and he's probably right) but that doesn"t make him pro-Trump. durwank

Robtard
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Just all of his friends are. That islike saying he is not gay, but his boyfriend is.

laughing

quanchi112

True, he thinks Trump is gonna win in a landslide (and he's probably right) but that doesn"t make him pro-Trump. Calm down.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
Yep, the person that wrote that article is massively triggered.

She is:

https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=60324

She tried to play the victim, but she isn't a victim.

snowdragon
Hilarious, he's not an alt righter.

Old Man Whirly!
Looking forward to Tim Pool trying to spin this vehicular homicide and shooting like he has other events... not an alt rightist... if he isn't he is very near!

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
Hilarious, he's not an alt righter.

Those that think he is expose they have no clue what the alt right even stands for.

Which shouldn't be too shocking given how many posters on this forum they've incorrectly slapped the label on too.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Surtur
Those that think he is expose they have no clue what the alt right even stands for.

Which shouldn't be too shocking given how many posters on this forum they've incorrectly slapped the label on too. I think we know full well how mainstream the alt right has become.

snowdragon
I think we know full well how mainstream the alt right has become.

After years of literal lies from "left" swinging media you should be more concerned with that.

Bashar Teg

their whole game is to never self-identify, but rather signal covertly to their brethren.

Old Man Whirly!
After years of literal lies from "left" swinging media you should be more concerned with that. nope the left don't drive cars into people and shoot them.

Old Man Whirly!
their whole game is to never self-identify, but rather signal covertly to their brethren. OK symbol thumb up it's who and what they are.

snowdragon
nope the left don't drive cars into people and shoot them.

Ahh boredome has you.

Old Man Whirly!
Ahh boredome has you. But they don't Snow...

Robtard
their whole game is to never self-identify, but rather signal covertly to their brethren.

They play some version of this game:

https://i.imgur.com/lTQOt4I.jpg

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
They play some version of this game:

https://i.imgur.com/lTQOt4I.jpg even down to most rightists here.

Adam_PoE

snowdragon
I suppose when the point is to make a meme, perhaps.

Adam_PoE
I suppose when the point is to make a meme, perhaps.

Why is he so afraid to photographed with his Alt-Right friends?

snowdragon

More then likely because it would be taken out of context, hence the meme.

Adam_PoE
More then likely because it would be taken out of context, hence the meme.

People with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

Robtard

https://i.imgur.com/rqCMMiZ.png

Just a bunch of "liberals" or something

snowdragon
People with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

A meme inside a meme, just something for simpletons to rest their laurels on.

Eon Blue

Robtard

Eon Blue

Robtard

eThneoLgrRnae
"Duh, he's not making eye contact with the camera! That proves he's alt-right her deerrrrp!"

Adam_PoE
A meme inside a meme, just something for simpletons to rest their laurels on.

Here is another one: birds of a feather flock together.

Robtard
"Duh, he's not making eye contact with the camera! That proves he's alt-right her deerrrrp!"

^Strawman argument

Eon Blue
A meme inside a meme, just something for simpletons to rest their laurels on. thumb up

snowdragon
^This is gaslighting.

So retardedsmile If the position you take is one that denies your other persons that isn't gaslighting, unless your position is to always be that someone that doesn't believe your position is to gaslght.

Robtard
So retardedsmile If the position you take is one that denies your other persons that isn't gaslighting, unless your position is to always be that someone that doesn't believe your position is to gaslght.

Ummm.... the comment was that Tim Pool was totally relaxed and candid in the photo. He's clearly not with the camera avoidance and the body language, look for yourself and don't believe your lying eyes:

snowdragon
Ummm.... the comment was that Tim Pool was totally relaxed and candid in the photo. He's clearly not with the camera avoidance and the body language, look for yourself and don't believe your lying eyes:

ZOMG, gaslighting <lulz.> listen man, you clearly come to your own conclusions but let's be real, this is a meme. Like it, love it whatever, this dude has done some crazy ass reporting on the ground, in the dirt and he isn't alt right imo based off my watching his reporting from vice.......please someone say vice is a right wing news organzation.

Old Man Whirly!
ZOMG, gaslighting <lulz.> listen man, you clearly come to your own conclusions but let's be real, this is a meme. Like it, love it whatever, this dude has done some crazy ass reporting on the ground, in the dirt and he isn't alt right imo based off my watching his reporting from vice.......please someone say vice is a right wing news organzation. it's not a meme snow...

snowdragon
it's not a meme snow...

Oh the gaslighting wink

Old Man Whirly!
Oh the gaslighting wink It's not.

snowdragon
It's not.

Based on your rules, it issmile

More to the point during the 08 breakdown, tim was on it

Surtur

Yep: not very mainstream.

Old Man Whirly!
Yep: not very mainstream. https://i.imgur.com/GPsdLVo.jpg very...

Robtard

Their shadow-defenders will swear up and down it's just a "fringe" movement in America with just a couple of guys...

https://i.imgur.com/0mdOyNI.jpg

Old Man Whirly!
Their shadow-defenders will swear up and down it's just a "fringe" movement in America with just a couple of guys...

https://i.imgur.com/0mdOyNI.jpg they are many and when we know most of them dream of driving cars into protesters.

Adam_PoE
https://i.imgur.com/GPsdLVo.jpg very...

Look, it's Tim Pool!

Old Man Whirly!
Look, it's Tim Pool! it is thumb up

Surtur
Proof he is alt right? Any yet? Surely somebody can provide it...

eThneoLgrRnae
Proof he is alt right? Any yet? Surely somebody can provide it...

He avoided eye contact with a camera, Surt! What more proof do you need, ffs?! LoL.

Old Man Whirly!
Proof he is alt right? Any yet? Surely somebody can provide it... https://i.imgur.com/GPsdLVo.jpgOriginally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
He avoided eye contact with a camera, Surt! What more proof do you need, ffs?! LoL. durwank

Surtur
So not one person here can man up and provide proof Tim Pool is alt right?

Silent Master
Seeing lefties turn on their own is rather sad and yet amusing.

eThneoLgrRnae
It's never sad... but it's always amusing and a pleasure to watch.

Old Man Whirly!
Seeing lefties turn on their own is rather sad and yet amusing. https://i.imgur.com/GPsdLVo.jpg and there goes the mask as S and M reveals his not so secret identity.

Old Man Whirly!
It's never sad... but it's always amusing and a pleasure to watch. durwank

Surtur
Seeing lefties turn on their own is rather sad and yet amusing.

You'd think by now they could come up with actual proof he is alt right.

Tim puts out 4-6 videos per day. There should ample proof he is alt right instead of the same lone picture they constantly post.

eThneoLgrRnae
Anyone who doesn't hate Trump as much as they do must be alt-right in their simple, delusional minds lol.

Robtard
So not one person here can man up and provide proof Tim Pool is alt right?

^Surt's doing the thing where he ignores proof and demands proof.

Anyhow, remember when Tim Pool was caught referring to Hitler as a "World War II Hero" and all the Poolites had to scrap the barrel to defend it. Was funny.

Surtur
^Surt's doing the thing where he ignores proof and demands proof.

Anyhow, remember when Tim Pool was caught referring to Hitler as a "World War II Hero" and all the Poolites had to scrap the barrel to defend it. Was funny.

You posted no actual proof. Why not show it? Too afraid?

Robtard
Why do you think Tim Pool referred to Hitler as a "hero"?

Surt dance in 3-2-1...

eThneoLgrRnae
As usual, robbie, like most leftists, likes taking things people say out-of-context.

Surtur
Why do you think Tim Pool referred to Hitler as a "hero"?

Surt dance in 3-2-1...

Go down the list of actual arguments he has made that show his views align with the alt right.

Burden of proof is on the one making the claim. So far you have no solid evidence.

Surtur
As usual, robbie, like most leftists, likes taking things people say out-of-context.

if Tim was actually alt right they would be able to point to multiple examples showing this. It shouldn't be difficult.

Robtard

The context was that Tim Pool referred to Hitler as a "hero" and he doesn't think Trump is the reincarnation of Hitler.

There's literally a video link for you to see: https://twitter.com/moavideos/status/1162900179734810625?lang=en

Surtur
Dude makes 4-6 videos per day. 365 days in a year, so 4 X 365 is 1,460. Lets subtract some and assume holidays he doesn't put any out. Hell let us drop the number to 1,000 videos per year.

I'm asking for 5 solid examples of him being alt right. This should not be hard.

Surtur
The context was that Tim Pool referred to Hitler as a "hero" and he doesn't think Trump is the reincarnation of Hitler.

There's literally a video link for you to see: https://twitter.com/moavideos/status/1162900179734810625?lang=en

Tim flubbed it is true. He doesn't actually feel Hitler is a hero. I am willing to allow you to provide supporting evidence to show he does tho, to show it was just the mask slipping.

Robtard
^Excuses for Pool as usual and also notice how that counts as proof and Surt hand-waves it away as predicted

Surtur
But you didn't show proof lol. By all means, show proof of alt right views.

You can't be so inferior as to be unable to come up with 5 examples?

Robtard
So you can just dismiss it as usual. Why would anyone play your game when you've already shown your shit antics.

Surtur
The hypocrisy of that statement aside: can you come up with 5 examples of tim pool espousing alt right beliefs?

I'll do you a kindness and reduce it to 3.

Robtard
Do wonder if Surt got his "I don't want Trump to win again in 2020. I will not be voting for Trump." angle right out of Pool's mouth.

Surtur
So after all the shit talking you can't even provide 3 concrete examples? Holy shit your argument really does boil down to a picture and a flub, doesn't it?

That's bleak.

Robtard
Pretend wins + plus a new page. Double bonus for surt.

Surtur
Gonna be nice and allow you one last shot, I suggest you take it smile

Old Man Whirly!

https://i.imgur.com/rqCMMiZ.png Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
https://i.imgur.com/GPsdLVo.jpg very... Originally posted by Robtard
Do wonder if Surt got his "I don't want Trump to win again in 2020. I will not be voting for Trump." angle right out of Pool's mouth. Almost certainly thumb up

Surtur
So essentially there is no proof Tim Pool is alt right. Understood.

eThneoLgrRnae
So essentially there is no proof Tim Pool is alt right. Understood.

Anyone who even hints at the suggestion he may be is clearly retarded.

Surtur
Anyone who even hints at the suggestion he may be is clearly retarded.

Guy puts out 4-6 videos a day and they can't even find 3 concrete examples of him expressing alt right views.

cdtm
From the original article:

Holy crap, reporters actually monitor online chat rooms?? eek!

YEAH they're gonna find hate speech. They're full of pre-pubescent kids, they tend to say stuff without the filters.

I've seen a friends kids in action, goes right to Mirc and says "Such and such is a *British word for cigarette*.

No buildup, just spamming stuff like that

I bet you can filter for race and find its the same, kids acting out because they're kids.

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
From the original article:

Holy crap, reporters actually monitor online chat rooms?? eek!

YEAH they're gonna find hate speech. They're full of pre-pubescent kids, they tend to say stuff without the filters.

I've seen a friends kids in action, goes right to Mirc and says "Such and such is a *British word for cigarette*.

No buildup, just spamming stuff like that

I bet you can filter for race and find its the same, kids acting out because they're kids.

Remember this same person essentially threatened Chase Bank with negative coverage if they didn't deplatform the proud boys.

Old Man Whirly!
https://i.imgur.com/GPsdLVo.jpg very...

Surtur

Still awaiting the evidence he is alt right.

Let me stop you from looking silly and say: the picture doesn't prove it.

BrolyBlack
Bump

Adam_PoE
Apparently, Tim Pool's brother let the cat out of the bag. He said that Tim was a Trump supporter before the election in 2016. When asked why Pool "pretends to be a centrist" when "most of his base are Trump supporters," he replied that "a liberal who gets red-pilled is a story Trump supporters want to hear. That way, they can reaffirm their biases with what they consider to be opposing views."

L-O-L

dadudemon
Just like Obama's brother said Obama is not a US citizen and openly supported Trump for President in 2016 and 2020.

Darn brothers: ruining their famous brothers talking points.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Just like Obama's brother said Obama is not a US citizen and openly supported Trump for President in 2016 and 2020.

Darn brothers: ruining their famous brothers talking points.

Yeah I hope they have more evidence then some disgruntled family members word.

EDIT: Also, I'd forgotten about this thread. Lol always funny here how much Tim Pool triggers people.

Surtur
You also have to appreciate the "reaffirm their biases" part given that those believing this without evidence are doing the same lol.

That is good stuff.

Old Man Whirly!
Apparently, Tim Pool's brother let the cat out of the bag. He said that Tim was a Trump supporter before the election in 2016. When asked why Pool "pretends to be a centrist" when "most of his base are Trump supporters," he replied that "a liberal who gets red-pilled is a story Trump supporters want to hear. That way, they can reaffirm their biases with what they consider to be opposing views."

L-O-L laughing out loud Haha, the only people he fooled were his own fans! thumb up

Surtur
Called it smile

Old Man Whirly!
Called it smile of course you did, because it's obvious and valid. Spin won't change that.

Surtur
It is obvious you guys would believe it despite zero evidence. That's how much Tim triggers you lol.

The best part is that you guys can't accept the fact he leans left because you can't fathom that anyone on the left would dare call out the bullshit.

Oh that is delicious smile

Old Man Whirly!
It is obvious you guys would believe it despite zero evidence. That's how much Tim triggers you lol.

The best part is that you guys can't accept the fact he leans left because you can't fathom that anyone on the left would dare call out the bullshit.

Oh that is delicious smile we see him for what his brother validates our observations. The only people who care what he says are his right wing fanbase, to the rest of us he is another right wing gaslighter thinking he is clever only preaching to an echo chamber but in his case making money off it.

Surtur
we see him for what his brother validates our observations. The only people who care what he says are his right wing fanbase, to the rest of us he is another right wing gaslighter thinking he is clever only preaching to an echo chamber but in his case making money off it.

No, you see him for what you believe he must be because he triggers you guys.

smile

Old Man Whirly!
No, you see him for what you believe he must be because he triggers you guys.

smile Nope, I actually admire how he is making money, Pool is no fool, however fools are his tools.

Surtur
Now I get why you're believing the brother: Tim's becoming more successful and it triggers you. So you've had to convince yourself that success was only possible by duping right wingers.

Lmao, absolutely delicious.

Old Man Whirly!
Now I get why you're believing the brother: Tim's becoming more successful and it triggers you. So you've had to convince yourself that success was only possible by duping right wingers.

Lmao, absolutely delicious. not at all, he is not really duping right wingers, I suspect most of them know he is lying but he is making money, he has a niche. I suspect if Trump loses, the alt lite will moderate themselves more.

Surtur
Calm down bro, dont let his ever increasing reach bother you.

Old Man Whirly!
Calm down bro, dont let his ever increasing reach bother you. oh Zurt you and ze projecktion laughing out loud

Surtur
Nice "no you "

Just try harder to stop tim from emotionally impacting you.

Surtur
Democratic State House candidate suggests Minnesota suburb be burned down: 'I didn't come here to be peaceful'

lol

dadudemon
Democratic State House candidate suggests Minnesota suburb be burned down: 'I didn't come here to be peaceful'

lol

Interesting. So we've now gone into government sanctioning of crime and violence?

I thought incels and far right people were the biggest threat to America?

Now elected officials are the biggest threat to America?

Surtur
Lol damn wrong thread. Lets take this convo out of here.

Silent Master

L-O-L

Why are you so scared of Tim?

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by dadudemon
Interesting. So we've now gone into government sanctioning of crime and violence?

I thought incels and far right people were the biggest threat to America?

Now elected officials are the biggest threat to America?

"Candidate"

Old Man Whirly!
Why are you so scared of Tim? roll eyes (sarcastic) T.W.A.T.

Silent Master
^
Another attempt at poisoning the well. since you can't refute any of the points being made.

Old Man Whirly!
^
Another attempt at poisoning the well. since you can't refute any of the points being made. roll eyes (sarcastic) T.W.A.T.

Adam_PoE
Why are you so scared of Tim?

No one is afraid of Pool, but only conservatives are dumb enough to be fooled by his grift.

Silent Master
You are.

Old Man Whirly!
No one is afraid of Pool, but only conservatives are dumb enough to be fooled by his grift. thumb up Bingo!

Silent Master
You are.

Robtard
not at all, he is not really duping right wingers, I suspect most of them know he is lying but he is making money, he has a niche. I suspect if Trump loses, the alt lite will moderate themselves more.

He's not stupid, he'll rebrand himself the moment he realizes his market has shifted.

Silent Master
oU3Q1XXyJzI

Old Man Whirly!
He's not stupid, he'll rebrand himself the moment he realizes his market has shifted. Yeah, I agree Rob. Good to see you back.

Silent Master
1B2z13jA8HI

Robtard
Yeah, I agree Rob. Good to see you back.

Will be interesting to see how it starts to shift with these people after the election should Biden take it.

Adam_PoE
You are.

Proof?

Adam_PoE
Will be interesting to see how it starts to shift with these people after the election should Biden take it.

The Cult-45 members will go down with his ship. The other Trumpers will fracture. There will be a contingent who becomes disaffected with politics; another that will claim they never liked Trump, but that he was better than any Democrat, and they did not have any choice; and another that will claim they never supported him at all. Then they will all suck Paul Ryan's dick, and pretend to care about small government and deficits again.

Silent Master
RicbnDvefS0

Old Man Whirly!
The Cult-45 members will go down with his ship. The other Trumpers will fracture. There will be a contingent who becomes disaffected with politics; another that will claim they never liked Trump, but that he was better than any Democrat, and they did not have any choice; and another that will claim they never supported him at all. Then they will all suck Paul Ryan's dick, and pretend to care about small government and deficits again. They are awful people (mostly)

Silent Master
pmyPeE3ZulA

Old Man Whirly!
pmyPeE3ZulA He has lied 20,000 times to the people of the US since coming to office.

Silent Master
RPAcgkI-Uzg

Robtard
The Cult-45 members will go down with his ship. The other Trumpers will fracture. There will be a contingent who becomes disaffected with politics; another that will claim they never liked Trump, but that he was better than any Democrat, and they did not have any choice; and another that will claim they never supported him at all. Then they will all suck Paul Ryan's dick, and pretend to care about small government and deficits again.
They are awful people (mostly)

This will turn out to be correct.

Old Man Whirly!
This will turn out to be correct. It will.

Silent Master
PGKiH0CW9Y0

Old Man Whirly!
S and M and Timmy sitting in a tree. smile

Silent Master
u_BTNL3HNEQ

Surtur
No one is afraid of Pool, but only conservatives are dumb enough to be fooled by his grift.

I missed the evidence you posted proving the brothers claims. Could you link that again?

Old Man Whirly!
I missed the evidence you posted proving the brothers claims. Could you link that again? Hi Surt, it's me, i know we don't talk much since DDM said you weren't to interact with me and all. wink

Surtur
For example: the brother claimed he had a video Tim sent him on facebook saying he voted for Trump in 2016. Did that ever materialize?

EDIT: Actually my bad, he says the video has Tim saying who he voted for. The implication is it shows him saying he voted for Trump.

Robtard
Hi Surt, it's me, i know we don't talk much since DDM said you weren't to interact with me and all. wink

LoLz? Is this a joke though?

Surtur
And the brother is a well known hoaxster too. And he said he'd only show the video if the tweet he was posting got 2000 retweets(it did not).

Seems like he is the one playing people. Why not just post it?

Old Man Whirly!
LoLz? Is this a joke though? Far from it DDM gave the order Surt complied, the belief is it will to quote surt "defang" me. smile Quite chuffed and chest puffed with myself, I have been particularly acerbic lately.

Robtard
Far from it DDM gave the order Surt complied, the belief is it will to quote surt "defang" me. smile Quite chuffed and chest puffed with myself, I have been particularly acerbic lately.

Oh lordy...

Old Man Whirly!
Oh lordy... Indeed laughing out loud I think it's my successfull "fact checking" campaign, which was the final straw. Something I intend to carry on with. I acually thought yesterday, everyone had got so bored with their echo chamber I had been deserted and was the only soul left not completely giving up on sanity returning to this place, glad you all are still here. Just me, being ignored by Voltron, as they used less and less coded and more and more far right language would have been surreal, although hilarious to random observers.

Robtard
They hate being fact-checked, this is very true

I don't do weekends on KMC and I often don't post on Friday's and/or Monday's as well.

Surtur
Gotta admit this made me laugh tho:

https://i.imgur.com/VESQEHY.jpg

Love being better than those believing this guy smile

Old Man Whirly!
They hate being fact-checked, this is very true

I don't do weekends on KMC and I often don't post on Friday's and/or Monday's as well. Yeah, I know all that Rob, it's just no one but me Blake and Adam making one post were here and all of Voltron obviously, where else would they be. It seemed like i was in Munich 1939.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.