Is Trump to blame for Police violent attacks on msm journalists?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
'Denigrated and discredited': how American journalists became targets during protests

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jun/08/us-journalists-media-protests-donald-trump?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy

It's starting to look like it!

Artol
I don't think so. He's not helping of course. But the police system in the US has become more and more violent over the decades, before Trump. The shit we are seeing now is a long term, bipartisan project.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Artol
I don't think so. He's not helping of course. But the police system in the US has become more and more violent over the decades, before Trump. The shit we are seeing now is a long term, bipartisan project. I don't disagree, I do think the last 4 years have created a climate where these violence thugs in the Police feel further empowered.

Mindship
He is not responsible for police behavior. But he is responsible for his own, including what he says, and a 'president's' words do have impact.

#bestoftrumpyettocome

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Mindship
He is not responsible for police behavior. But he is responsible for his own, including what he says, and a 'president's' words do have impact.

#bestoftrumpyettocome thumb up 100% agreement

Silent Master
No, the people that committed the attacks are to blame.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Silent Master
No, the people that committed the attacks are to blame. personal responsibility doesn't thrive in a climate where you treat groups of people as above the law.

Silent Master
That's just an excuse and not a very good one.

Old Man Whirly!
That's just an excuse and not a very good one. Disagree.

Silent Master
You don't believe they had free will?

Old Man Whirly!
You don't believe they had free will? I don't believe freewill thrives against peer pressure and institutionalised problems.

People rarely go against "the group", rightists rely on this.

Silent Master
So, they didn't have free will?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I don't believe freewill thrives against peer pressure and institutionalised problems.

People rarely go against "the group", rightists rely on this.

Silent Master
So, they didn't have free will?

Old Man Whirly!
thumb up 100% agreement

Silent Master

#bestoftrumpyettocome

I'm glad you agree that the attackers are 100% to blame for the actions they choose to make of their own free will.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm glad you agree that the attackers are 100% to blame for the actions they choose to make of their own free will. Originally posted by Artol
I don't think so. He's not helping of course. But the police system in the US has become more and more violent over the decades, before Trump. The shit we are seeing now is a long term, bipartisan project.

quanchi112
No, the people that committed the attacks are to blame. Trump shares no responbility ever does he?

Robtard

#bestoftrumpyettocome

Yup, people still have to do it themselves, even if being lead that way.

As much as Trumpers pretend it doesn't now, the Presidents words do carry a lot of weight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Yup, people still have to do it themselves, even if being lead that way.

As much as Trumpers pretend it doesn't now, the Presidents words do carry a lot of weight. thumb up

Robtard
eg Remember when Trump told cops they should roughen up suspects. He's not forcing cops to act violently, but he is directly encouraging them.

quanchi112
eg Remember when Trump told cops they should roughen up suspects. He's not forcing cops to act violently, but he is directly encouraging them. According to Sm it does not matter what the president says. He could encourage arson and Sm would say hey the other guys lit the match.

eThneoLgrRnae
Of course he is to blame.

He is also to blame for cancer, the attack on Pearl Harbor, the holocaust, and the fall of the Roman empire.

Everything bad that happens is Trump's fault... duh.

But good stuff that happens? Nah, Obama somehow gets all the credit for that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Not everything but aggressive behavior and terrible actions he endorses at his rallys or on Twitter. You try to then like a child argue nonsensically to try to distract people from the specifics.

quanchi112
Haha, he brought up Obama. Obama will be judged favorably historically trump will be the loser he always has been. He is a fraud.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
According to Sm it does not matter what the president says. He could encourage arson and Sm would say hey the other guys lit the match.

If these Trumpers had that view across the board, it's still be a wrong view as the president's words do carry weight, but at least they'd be consistent. But they're not, everything Obama said was "fueling the racial divide" and similar. eg They threw a complete hissy fit when Obama commented "he could have been my son" in regards to Trayon Martin being murdered.

Don't worry though, when Biden wins, the president's words will once again carry weight and matter to them.

quanchi112
Trump made me view the president as a joke. He really devalues what he touches. I am shocked he still has people fooled. The man is as dumb as it gets.

Old Man Whirly!
If these Trumpers had that view across the board, it's still be a wrong view as the president's words do carry weight, but at least they'd be consistent. But they're not, everything Obama said was "fueling the racial divide" and similar. eg They threw a complete hissy fit when Obama commented "he could have been my son" in regards to Trayon Martin being murdered.

Don't worry though, when Biden wins, the president's words will once again carry weight and matter to them. If Biden wins, they will skulk off to their little box internationally.

Surtur
'Denigrated and discredited': how American journalists became targets during protests

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jun/08/us-journalists-media-protests-donald-trump?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy

No he's not. Trump hasn't turned anyone against the media, their own behavior did that for them.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
No he's not. Trump hasn't turned anyone against the media, their own behavior did that for them.

thumb up Pooty, robbie, and quanni all know this as well.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
thumb up Pooty, robbie, and quanni all know this as well. durwank

Surtur
durwank

Is this trolling or are you legitimately saying you're unaware the media did this to themselves? It is their behavior, especially over the last 3-4 years, that has caused the distrust and the hostility.

Bashar Teg
what do you expect to happen when trump channels stalin and labels the free press "enemy of the people"

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
what do you expect to happen when trump channels stalin and labels the free press "enemy of the people"

What do you expect to happen when the media behaves like the enemy of the people?

Old Man Whirly!
Rightists, so stupid...

Bashar Teg
What do you expect to happen when the media behaves like the enemy of the people?

we get it, ronnie. you hate the first amendment.

Surtur
Rightists, so stupid...

^side that thinks men can menstruate and that trump is the cause of all the worlds problems

Surtur

Ah now you're calling me Ronnie, you must be frustrated.

Nope I don't hate the first amendment.

Bashar Teg
Ah now you're calling me Ronnie, you must be frustrated.

Nope I don't hate the first amendment.

ronnie #projecting his fee-fees again

first amendment protects the free press and civilians (now corporations) from the government inciting violence and murder against them. that's why it was made in the first place. why do you hate freedom?

Surtur
ronnie #projecting his fee-fees again

first amendment protects the free press and civilians (now corporations) from the government inciting violence and murder against them. that's why it was made in the first place. why do you hate freedom?

Yikes whirly just come blindly agree.

Bashar Teg
ronnie, maybe you should move to north korea since you hate your freedom so much

Surtur
ronnie, maybe you should move to north korea since you hate your freedom so much

Calm yourself, someone will be along to pretend to agree with you shortly.

snowdragon

No

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by snowdragon
No All this shit going on was on his watch, he did nothing to curb it. You don't think he incited the mentally I'll then?

Surtur
All this shit going on was on his watch, he did nothing to curb it. You don't think he incited the mentally I'll then?

Did the behavior of the media play any role at all in the hostility people have towards them?

Bashar Teg
Did the behavior of the media play any role at all in the hostility people have towards them?

circular argument for the time-waster troll pretend victory

Old Man Whirly!
Did the behavior of the media play any role at all in the hostility people have towards them? far less than the gaslighting and rabbit hole of youtube and enablers from Shapiro to Milo.

snowdragon
circular argument for the time-waster troll pretend victory

Really, I mean the media is the riot machine, they have spent years spinning lies about russia.

Don't get me wrong, trump and twitter is a freakin nightmare for normal folks but the amount of time spent talking about his trash is epic.

Old Man Whirly!
Really, I mean the media is the riot machine, they have spent years spinning lies about russia.

Don't get me wrong, trump and twitter is a freakin nightmare for normal folks but the amount of time spent talking about his trash is epic. lies about Russia... that's an opinion. Russia interfered and to help Trump, evidence existed Trumps circle had contact, just not enough proof on him.

eThneoLgrRnae
All Trump has done is call them out on their constant lying bullshit. He has never threatened to jail them or silence them.

"Well, he calls them fake news, waah, waah, waah!"

Uh, yeah... when a so-called "news organization" gets caught lying time and again, he should call them fake news because that's what they clearly are.

"Shut up, you're just a dumb righty! Go to North Korea if you think Trump has a right to criticize the media! They're all angels, they never lie her derp!"

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
All Trump has done is call them out on their constant lying bullshit. He has never threatened to jail them or silence them.

"Well, he calls them fake news, waah, waah, waah!"

Uh, yeah... when a so-called "news organization" gets caught lying time and again, he should call them fake news because that's what they clearly are.

"Shut up, you're just a dumb righty! Go to North Korea if you think Trump has a right to criticize the media! They're all angels, they never lie her derp!" durhulk

Surtur
far less than the gaslighting and rabbit hole of youtube and enablers from Shapiro to Milo.

No

snowdragon
lies about Russia... that's an opinion. Russia interfered and to help Trump, evidence existed Trumps circle had contact, just not enough proof on him.

The trolls eek!

Old Man Whirly!
The trolls eek! this is what happened Snow.

Surtur
The vast majority of the blame for how they are treated comes down to how they conduct themselves.

Blaming Trump is a convenient way for the media and media apologists to avoid doing any reflection

snowdragon
this is what happened Snow.

Right, except you are the one with the multiple threadssmile It's ok I know your trolling.

Robtard

He doesn't hate it outright, he just wants to be able to pick and choose when and to whom it applies.

Surtur
He doesn't hate it outright, he just wants to be able to pick and choose when and to whom it applies.

Where did I say it shouldn't apply to journalists? Quote that back to me.

Robtard
HYG:

https://i.imgur.com/jKP0Vyo.jpg

Surtur
Ah so you don't have any evidence? Okay. The usual suspects will be along shortly to agree with you though thumb up

snowdragon
HYG:

https://i.imgur.com/EzV8EZY.jpg

That is amazing mostly because when the media did lie to us you defended them time and again, even now you do. Frankly its disgusting.

Surtur
That is amazing mostly because when the media did lie to us you defended them time and again, even now you do. Frankly its disgusting.

If a guy went up to another mans wife and said "you're a fat hog" and the husband punched him, I'd say "what did you expect to happen?". It wouldn't somehow translate into "you legally should be prohibited from saying that".

This is actual gas lighting. They didn't speak up about democrats allowing only certain kinds of protest, which seems to go against the 1st amendment. Then accuse me of selectively being in favor.

Robtard

*citations needed*

BrolyBlack
dur

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Made today
dur

pathetic

Adam_PoE
A police chief in Arkansas has resigned after he threatened to assault "Marxist Democrats" in posts he made on the social media platform Parler.

An active Parler user with the name and picture of Lang Holland, who was Marshall's Chief of Police, posted multiple derogatory posts about Democrats, transgender people, and supporters of Black Lives Matter.

One post from Friday told people that when they saw a "Marxist Democrat" in public, they should "get in their face," "throw water on them at restaurants," and "push them off sidewalks."

The mayor of Marshall confirmed on Saturday in a statement that the posts were made by the police chief.

In previous posts, which have now been taken down, Holland encouraged people to burn and smash Democrats' homes and run them out of the country.

In a comment from earlier this week, Lang said supporters of Black Lives Matter and Antifa should be shot in the face. He shared multiple posts from other users threatening the lives of Democratic politicians.

He also posted that transgender people have no rights, calling them "mentally defective" and "perverted freaks."

Several people have called for Arkansas senators, the attorney general, and the governor to comment on the posts, but they did not respond to requests for comment.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
A police chief in Arkansas has resigned after he threatened to assault "Marxist Democrats" in posts he made on the social media platform Parler.

An active Parler user with the name and picture of Lang Holland, who was Marshall's Chief of Police, posted multiple derogatory posts about Democrats, transgender people, and supporters of Black Lives Matter.

One post from Friday told people that when they saw a "Marxist Democrat" in public, they should "get in their face," "throw water on them at restaurants," and "push them off sidewalks."

The mayor of Marshall confirmed on Saturday in a statement that the posts were made by the police chief.

In previous posts, which have now been taken down, Holland encouraged people to burn and smash Democrats' homes and run them out of the country.

In a comment from earlier this week, Lang said supporters of Black Lives Matter and Antifa should be shot in the face. He shared multiple posts from other users threatening the lives of Democratic politicians.

He also posted that transgender people have no rights, calling them "mentally defective" and "perverted freaks."

Several people have called for Arkansas senators, the attorney general, and the governor to comment on the posts, but they did not respond to requests for comment.

I was reading about this.

This is totes not legal speech at all. He should be prosecuted.

Old Man Whirly!

Several people have called for Arkansas senators, the attorney general, and the governor to comment on the posts, but they did not respond to requests for comment. Disgusting.

Robtard
"Several people have called for Arkansas senators, the attorney general, and the governor to comment on the posts, but they did not respond to requests for comment." -snip

These Trumpers really should and get ahead of it.

Adam_PoE

Lestov16

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BBt1cCpoOGo/X6WXaVizwZI/AAAAAAAABAY/cauG6uwqECA9AlNMpS0HVwZjZK9g5E4AgCLcBGAsYHQ/s2048/IMG_20201106_061851745%257E2.jpg

Adam_PoE
A Republican who claimed he was on his way to Missouri to kill a former Democratic senator was arrested after UHP troopers caught him driving up to 130 mph in the snow while impaired.

George William Stahl, 36, of Cottonwood Heights, was booked into the Summit County Jail early Wednesday for investigation of making a threat of terrorism, failing to stop at the command of police, reckless driving, speeding, DUI, and drug possession.

About 12:45 a.m. Wednesday, Stahl was spotted by a Utah Highway Patrol trooper traveling 115 mph on I-80 in Summit County, according to a police affidavit.

After another trooper spiked the vehicle's tires, Stahl was arrested.

"Stahl was belligerent and appeared heavily intoxicated. He smelled of an alcoholic beverage and his eyes were glassy and bloodshot. There was an empty 12 pack of Budweiser beer in his vehicle as well as a partially consumed other 12 pack. Stahl stated that he was on Adderall and LSD and beer."

Stahl was taken to the North Summit Fire Station to be medically evaluated and then to the Summit County Jail, and continued to be belligerent while being transported.

"He stated that he was on his way to Missouri to kill former Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill. Stahl made several real threats to her, and stated several times that he was on his way to Missouri to kill her."

Bashar Teg
*cringe* another cult45 lunatic

maybe he's psychotic and the lsd+booze+adderall agitated his condition....if not, he must be a special kind of deranged pos if he could contemplate murder while tripping.

Adam_PoE
*cringe* another cult45 lunatic

maybe he's psychotic and the lsd+booze+adderall agitated his condition....if not, he must be a special kind of deranged pos if he could contemplate murder while tripping.

It is strange, because certain gaslighting retards keep asserting how dangerous and violent liberals are, but so far, the only people with a body count, and foiled plans to murder people are Trumpers.

Bashar Teg
It is strange, because certain gaslighting retards keep asserting how dangerous and violent liberals are, but so far, the only people with a body count, and foiled plans to murder people are Trumpers.

very strange indeed, although expected

Silent Master

Try reading the news some time, dozens of people have died during the far-left riots of the last 100+ days.

Bashar Teg
^^more expected deflection and gaslighting.

deplorable

Silent Master
^
Can't handle the truth.

Adam_PoE

Try reading the news some time, dozens of people have died during the far-left riots of the last 100+ days.

He comes when he is called. laughing

dadudemon

Are you lying on purpose or is this a word game about the word "liberal"?

https://www.kimt.com/content/news/One-dead-as-Trump-supporters-clash-with-protesters-in-Portland-572266851.html

https://www.courttv.com/title/8-10-20-black-trump-supporter-killed-in-milwaukee/

https://apnews.com/article/california-race-and-ethnicity-los-angeles-police-archive-d4add785288abaf89449006d0bbe3eee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Violence_and_controversies_during_the_George_Floyd
_protests

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/31/americans-killed-protests-political-unrest-acled

https://www.mediaite.com/tag/aaron-alexis/

etc, etc. etc.

But if you want to claim it wasn't liberals, I agree for the most part. These folks are almost always Auth-Left. Which makes them not liberals.

Silent Master
Adam is mad that I corrected him.

Bashar Teg
Me wait till long after Adam leave before posting pretend-win. Then me have last word and are winner! Me silly troll.

facepalm

Silent Master
Quote editing, a sure sign that me being correct made you mad.

Try and calm down.

Bashar Teg
Quote editing, a sure sign that me being correct made you mad.

Try and calm down.

let it all out now and then slink off again, before adam returns and triggers you all over again, effortlessly

Silent Master
Wow, me being correct really has triggered you. now, prove it by posting more retarded nonsense.

Bashar Teg
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

laughing

Silent Master
Quote editing, thanks for proving how triggered you are.

Old Man Whirly!
reeeeeeeeeeeee

Silent Master
Quote editing, thanks for proving how triggered you are.

Old Man Whirly!
Quote editing, thanks for proving how triggered you are. laughing out loud nobody cares.

Silent Master
You care that bash is so triggered, that's why you're here.

Adam_PoE
facepalm

He got a page flip too. It does not change that when I called for "gaslighting Trumper retards," he heard his name, and came running. laughing

Silent Master
He got a page flip too. It does not change that when I called for "gaslighting Trumper retards," he heard his name, and came running. laughing

So you're saying that insult was aimed at me, that means you broke bada's rules on personal insults.

But since I'm a far better person than you, I won't report your rule breaking.

Surtur
Nope Trump is not to blame, glad nobody here was dumb enough to suggest otherwise thumb up

Surtur
Can you imagine if someone did? It would be embarrassing.

eThneoLgrRnae
Of course he is to blame, Surtur. He is also to blame for the fall of the Roman Empire which caused the Dark Ages and he is also to blame for the Bubonic plague.... oh, and he is to blame for Jesus being crucified as well.

Orange man bad.

Adam_PoE
So you're saying that insult was aimed at me, that means you broke bada's rules on personal insults.

But since I'm a far better person than you, I won't report your rule breaking.

Learn to read. I said I called for "gaslighting Trumper retards." If you heard that and heard your name, that is your own conscience speaking. I did not call you that, you called yourself that.

Surtur
Learn to read. I said I called for "gaslighting Trumper retards." If you heard that and heard your name, that is your own conscience speaking. I did not call you that, you called yourself that.

So you don't think SM is a gaslighting Trumper retard, correct?

Adam_PoE
So you don't think SM is a gaslighting Trumper retard, correct?

If that is how he identifies, who am I to argue?

Silent Master

You're the one claiming that I heard my name, thus be glad that I'm better than you.

You're welcome for not reporting your blatant rule breaking.

Surtur
If that is how he identifies, who am I to argue?

Just looking for a yes or no here, we can move on if you're too cowardly to answer.

dadudemon
I identity as Adam_PoE's personal life boss.

Adam_PoE should respect my identity.

Adam_PoE, as your personal life boss, I am issue orders for you to go to church this Sunday and ask for forgiveness for you years of lying. Then you must pray to God in earnest to be a better person. Also, you must disavow the racist and murderous political party known as the Democrats. And don't let me catch you slipping by signing up for the Republican party. That's like quitting crack to take up meth.

dadudemon's identity politics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adam_PoE.

Surtur
He's gay so you just committed some sort of hate crime.

dadudemon
He's gay so you just committed some sort of hate crime.

And I identity as his personal life coach. So he if defies me, he will be committing a hate crime.

That's on him.

Adam_PoE
You're the one claiming that I heard my name, thus be glad that I'm better than you.

You're welcome for not reporting your blatant rule breaking.

You are the one who heard "gaslighting Trumper retards" and automatically assumed it was about you. I did not make that claim, you jumped at the opportunity to tell on yourself.

Adam_PoE
Just looking for a yes or no here, we can move on if you're too cowardly to answer.

Unlike you and your friends, I respect how people identify. If he identifies himself that way, then who am I to argue?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by dadudemon
I identity as Adam_PoE's personal life boss.

Adam_PoE should respect my identity.

Adam_PoE, as your personal life boss, I am issue orders for you to go to church this Sunday and ask for forgiveness for you years of lying. Then you must pray to God in earnest to be a better person. Also, you must disavow the racist and murderous political party known as the Democrats. And don't let me catch you slipping by signing up for the Republican party. That's like quitting crack to take up meth.

dadudemon's identity politics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adam_PoE.

Boss me, daddy.

Silent Master
You are the one who heard "gaslighting Trumper retards" and automatically assumed it was about you. I did not make that claim, you jumped at the opportunity to tell on yourself.

Nope, I'm the one that saw you make an incorrect statement and corrected you. You're welcome

Adam_PoE
Nope, I'm the one that saw you make an incorrect statement and corrected you. You're welcome

Nope:

laughing

Silent Master
Thanks for proving that I saw you make an incorrect statement and then corrected you.

Bashar Teg
Nope:

laughing

awwwww he's too dumb to understand what he stepped in, there. poor s&m no

BrolyBlack
Unlike you and your friends, I respect how people identify. If he identifies himself that way, then who am I to argue?

Shifting from identity issues to social civility.

Do you respect two people having a conversation in public regardless of political ideology regardless of what you think about them politically?

cdtm

David Smith is about as credible to the Left as Bretbart is to the Right. All he does is sling mud at Republicans in general, and Trump in particular.

Silent Master
Shifting from identity issues to social civility.

Do you respect two people having a conversation in public regardless of political ideology regardless of what you think about them politically?

Adam is just mad that I corrected him.

Blakemore

It's starting to look like it! err yes

Silent Master
Why are leftists so violent?

Trocity
I don't really think Trump denigrated the media - that would imply it was unfair criticism.

My friend group wasn't particularly happy back in 2016 when he was elected but most of them said "well, he's now the President, so let's give him a chance." The media very clearly did not do that.

For example: How many times did he condemn white supremacy only to have the media continuously say he has never condemned it? The MSM is a joke, right or left, CNN or Fox, they're absolute trash.

Love him or hate him, I am glad someone called them out.

"We have been biased and untrustworthy for a long time now and someone is criticizing us, how dare they!"

F*** MSM, tbh.

Bashar Teg
how was the march? smile

Trocity
...what?

Bashar Teg
just havin a giggle m8
no h8
only a wee bit of b8
wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.