Are SJW winning...or are real injustices being addressed/corrected?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell

SquallX

tru-marvell
Your response is so off base and NOT on point. I'm at work right now, and I have a 10:30 to finish prepping for but I will retort later today when I have time to do so properly.

dadudemon
Originally posted by SquallX
The day young black men start taking responsibility for themselves, and stop blaming racist for everything wrong in their lives, they will rule any fields they put their minds and efforts into.

Damn good quote and I'm stealing it.

Never underestimate the momentum and power of a young black man who makes success his raison d'etre: an unstoppable force.

SquallX

Old Man Whirly!
My wife read you post Squall and sent it to her family in Wisconsin. They stated they all have experiences of racism and wondered why a black man might dismiss the concept of external racism. They asked if we had any evidence you were black. I replied I had never seen a picture of you but on forums you try and take people at face value. They said you had faceless value...

Robtard
George Floyd just didn't take responsibility for himself while being murdered, must be it.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
George Floyd just didn't take responsibility for himself while being murdered, must be it. That would seem the case, wouldn't it?

quanchi112
George Floyd just didn't take responsibility for himself while being murdered, must be it. The logic is so absurd you wonder about his education.

dadudemon
George Floyd just didn't take responsibility for himself while being murdered, must be it.

I agree. Probably shouldn't have lead a multi-decade life of crime including violent crime.

We shouldn't blame the victim. Not all people killed by police are violent criminals.

Such as Breonna Taylor.

Robtard
Your snide aside, his past crimes do not give the police the right to be judge, jury and executioner. Their job was to arrest and process him to the courts.

But you just did...

In regards to Taylor, at least some legal good seems to be coming out of her murder.

Old Man Whirly!
He did indeed blame the victim.

Surtur
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
My wife read you post Squall and sent it to her family in Wisconsin. They stated they all have experiences of racism and wondered why a black man might dismiss the concept of external racism. They asked if we had any evidence you were black. I replied I had never seen a picture of you but on forums you try and take people at face value. They said you had faceless value...

^This didn't happen

Surtur
Your snide aside, his past crimes do not give the police the right to be judge, jury and executioner. Their job was to arrest and process him to the courts.

But you just did...

In regards to Taylor, at least some legal good seems to be coming out of her murder.

His past crimes *do* make it so he should not be praised as a hero or martyr though thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
^This didn't happen How do you know?

Robtard
His past crimes *do* make it so he should not be praised as a hero or martyr though thumb up He was murdered by police while unarmed, it's about the overall message, hopefully this finally leads to positive police reform.

But you be you thumb up

Surtur
He was murdered by police while unarmed, it's about the overall message, hopefully this finally leads to positive police reform.

But you be you thumb up

And nothing you said changes the fact he should not be treated as a hero or martyr. Good talk thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
He was murdered by police while unarmed, it's about the overall message, hopefully this finally leads to positive police reform.

But you be you thumb up thumb up

Surtur
thumb up

^This is cheerleading

dadudemon

But you just did...

You didn't read my post. A violent, multi-decade, career criminal, with fentanyl and meth in his blood, was unjustly killed by police when being arrested for committing a crime.

Had he not be high and trying to use counterfeit money, he may not have died that day but he would have died soon with those kinds of health problems and drug use. His choices led to a terrible outcome. Multiple decades of terrible choices.

When you commit a crime and get caught, your chances of death skyrocket. When you do meth, your chances of death skyrocket. When you do fentanyl, your chances of death skyrocket.

George Floyd was shitty human being making terrible choices. He's the wrong person to prop-up.

In regards to Breonna Taylor, none of these things apply to her. And her boyfriend had every right to defend himself and his GF from the tyrannical police.

dadudemon
He did indeed blame the victim.

George Floyd and the police are at fault for George Floyd's death. thumb up

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
You didn't read my post. A violent, multi-decade, career criminal, with fentanyl and meth in his blood, was unjustly killed by police when being arrested for committing a crime.

Had he not be high and trying to use counterfeit money, he may not have died that day but he would have died soon with those kinds of health problems and drug use. His choices led to a terrible outcome. Multiple decades of terrible choices.

When you commit a crime and get caught, your chances of death skyrocket. When you do meth, your chances of death skyrocket. When you do fentanyl, your chances of death skyrocket.

George Floyd was shitty human being making terrible choices. He's the wrong person to prop-up.

In regards to Breonna Taylor, none of these things apply to her. And her boyfriend had every right to defend himself and his GF from the tyrannical police.

Oof these facts are going to impact some fee fee's.

Old Man Whirly!
George Floyd and the police are at fault for George Floyd's death. thumb up Nah, reasonable force was not applied.

Robtard

That's nice. If the police did their job in processing him correctly (ie not crushing his neck), he wouldn't have been murdered.

Edit Whirly beat me to it: Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Nah, reasonable force was not applied.

Robtard
Oof these facts are going to impact some fee fee's. Originally posted by Surtur
^This is cheerleading

Old Man Whirly!
That's nice. If the police did their job in processing him correctly (ie not crushing his neck), he wouldn't have been murdered.

Edit Whirly beat me to it: Bingo! thumb up

Surtur

I'm so sorry you can't be consistent.

One day you'll get there smile

dadudemon

Adam_PoE

His parents are Haitian immigrants, and he is a first generation American, so that may be a factor as well. Black people who are perceived as "foreign" are often treated differently than those who are perceived as "native" or natural citizens.

SquallX

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
His parents are Haitian immigrants, and he is a first generation American, so that may be a factor as well. Black people who are perceived as "foreign" are often treated differently than those who are perceived as "native" or natural citizens. I don't disagree, is the only explanation to use individual heritage and experiences of racism to gaslight the very real racism faced by black people and communities across US and World.

quanchi112
I'm so sorry you can't be consistent.

One day you'll get there smile Irony.

SquallX

Surtur

SquallX

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur

Old Man Whirly!
Yes, there was definitely a time when it was needed. These days it is more your class that nets you privilege and not your race. Class is always a factor, as is culture, but so is race. It is a combination and each person lives a different life. You can't work, not because you are lazy or stupid but because of circumstance. Many things conspire against people and weigh heavy alone or in combination. If you are poorly educated and white, you still are less likely to be killed if you have an interaction with the Police than a black man of the same socioeconomic demographic.

Surtur
Class is always a factor, as is culture, but so is race. It is a combination and each person lives a different life. You can't work, not because you are lazy or stupid but because of circumstance. Many things conspire against people and weigh heavy alone or in combination. If you are poorly educated and white, you still are less likely to be killed if you have an interaction with the Police than a black man of the same socioeconomic demographic.

If you're poorly educated and white you're also less likely to commit violent crime and murder than a black man.

SquallX

Old Man Whirly!

snowdragon
Whilst you have your opinion and it is yours, my wife says structural inequality, discrimination and racism is a problem in the US and she has experienced it there first hand. This comes from a woman who has a masters degree so is far from stupid or lazy.

This is a hard story to buy and I have lived in the USA my entire life now in the middle of the bible belt, I certainly can't explain what she fills but the story you built around your wife is one that is african, literally from africa so it makes a dodgey story.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/16/gypsy-travellers-discrimination-stigma-poster-campaign

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by snowdragon
This is a hard story to buy and I have lived in the USA my entire life now in the middle of the bible belt, I certainly can't explain what she fills but the story you built around your wife is one that is african, literally from africa so it makes a dodgey story. ahh but she visits family in Wisconsin and Houston Texas regularly and has her whole life. She spent almost 4 months there recently.

Robtard
Class is always a factor, as is culture, but so is race. It is a combination and each person lives a different life. You can't work, not because you are lazy or stupid but because of circumstance. Many things conspire against people and weigh heavy alone or in combination. If you are poorly educated and white, you still are less likely to be killed if you have an interaction with the Police than a black man of the same socioeconomic demographic.

It's almost like there's a privilege of sorts in play?

Old Man Whirly!
It's almost like there's a privilege of sorts in play? It is thumb up

Surtur
It's almost like there's a privilege of sorts in play?

Yeah, a class privilege. Glad you recognized it too thumb up

snowdragon
ahh but she visits family in Wisconsin and Houston Texas regularly and has her whole life. She spent almost 4 months there recently.

So explain the racism, it's always a battle asking for data to show racism........but I saw it so its systemic............

Robtard
Yeah, a class privilege. Glad you recognized it too thumb up

You didn't comprehend what Whirl's said then. That's your failing.

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, a class privilege. Glad you recognized it too thumb up it is simplistic to take a single factor as the end of an equation, it is also simplistic to take a majority factor out of a sum and expect the correct result.

dadudemon

Yup. This is correct.

Despite me being born into very poor circumstances, doing extremely well in school through all levels, and working hard and smart for years, my circumstances have kept me down.

If I was born into a wealthy family that had the money to invest in a start-up software company, I would be a billionaire, obviously. But because of my white dis-privilege, and low-class birth, I have to settle for upper-middle class until I have enough capital to start my own software company in my mid 40s where I may be far too late to the market to actually make anything but paltry earnings because I'm 2 decades too late.

Old Man Whirly!
So explain the racism, it's always a battle asking for data to show racism........but I saw it so its systemic............ she had as a girl a number of incidents in both Wisconsin and Houston where she suffered unpleasant verbal abuse in predominantly wealthy white suburbs. Just one example.

tru-marvell
To SquallX.....I know it's been all day, but here's my quick retort to your original response to this thread. I thank you for your patience...

The problem with your response is:

1) It doesn't address the subject I'm addressing.

2) It seems you only read the quote I posted with this, which was to emphasize how even one of the most conservative politicians in the US recognizes how police interaction is very biased. But you failed to click any of the links provided.

3) To suggest that being chocked to death is an unavoidable consequence of a person using a fake 20 dollar bill suggest you are demented.

4) To paint a broad picture of black men as being irresponsible shows you to be small minded and self loathing (if you are black) and lack any sense of empathy.

The subject I'm looking to address is simply are "whiners" starting to win or are real issues being addressed and corrected...Not talking about any one persons personal experience.

If you believe that there's no such thing as "systemic injustice" then I can understand why you responded the way you did otherwise I think you simply wanted to derail the conversation.

Robtard
So explain the racism, it's always a battle asking for data to show racism........but I saw it so its systemic............

Or penal system and sentencing is both racist (and sexist). Black men are more likely to get a harsher sentence for the same/similar crime as opposed to a White man. Hispanics tend to fall somewhere in the middle, iirc.

Wealth does factor in too, but it's still slanted.

Just as males are compared to females.

Surtur
it is simplistic to take a single factor as the end of an equation, it is also simplistic to take a majority factor out of a sum and expect the correct result.

Neat, we can consider multiple factors, but the biggest factor is not race thumb up

snowdragon
she had as a girl a number of incidents in both Wisconsin and Houston where she suffered unpleasant verbal abuse in predominantly wealthy white suburbs. Just one example.

WTF dude, all ancedotal and not systemic.

Old Man Whirly!
Yup. This is correct.

Despite me being born into very poor circumstances, doing extremely well in school through all levels, and working hard and smart for years, my circumstances have kept me down.

If I was born into a wealthy family that had the money to invest in a start-up software company, I would be a billionaire, obviously. But because of my white dis-privilege, and low-class birth, I have to settle for upper-middle class until I have enough capital to start my own software company in my mid 40s where I may be far too late to the market to actually make anything but paltry earnings because I'm 2 decades too late. My dad chose to send me to the local comprehensive schools, he could have afforded to send me to a good Private school like he attended. At Primary school very few white students were in my class. Despite the school demographic when I got home I had two educated parents to help me with my homework. I've always been a big friendly guy and I have older big friendly cousins who also had an aggressive streak so I was never bullied. Factors the positive outweighed the negative.

snowdragon
Or penal system and sentencing is both racist (and sexist). Black men are more likely to get a harsher sentence for the same/similar crime as opposed to a White man. Hispanics tend to fall somewhere in the middle, iirc.

Just as males are compared to females.

Far enough, kill the war on drugs then lets look at the numbers.

Old Man Whirly!
WTF dude, all ancedotal and not systemic. anecdotal is all I have, it is her experience not mine.

Robtard
Far enough, kill the war on drugs then lets look at the numbers.

While I agree and it would likely help some, it wouldn't get ride of the institutional racism.

Old Man Whirly!

Wealth does factor in too, but it's still slanted.

Just as males are compared to females. exactly a black guy's word against a white woman...

Surtur
I agree our penal system needs improvement. For example men receive 63% longer sentences on average than women do for the same crime. It's wrong.

snowdragon
While I agree and it would likely help some, it wouldn't get ride of the institutional racism.

Probably because racism is individual. Again show some numbers, I mean just facts not your feefee's.

Robtard
I agree our penal system needs improvement. For example men receive 63% longer sentences on average than women do for the same crime. It's wrong.

Funny how you'll openly acknowledge the gender disparity in sentencing(and there is one as I noted last page), but you won't with the racial disparity. It's almost like you're a bigot with an MRA agenda?

Old Man Whirly!
Probably because racism is individual. Again show some numbers, I mean just facts not your feefee's. this debate is now in the realm of concepts mate. What numbers are you looking for?

Surtur
Funny how you'll openly acknowledge the gender disparity in sentencing(and there is one as I noted last page), but you won't with the racial disparity. It's almost like you're a bigot with an MRA agenda?

^I'm gonna allow someone unintelligent to come agree smile

Can't wait to see the inferior soul who goes first.

https://media.giphy.com/media/DM9n9fNry8tq0/giphy.gif

Robtard
Probably because racism is individual. Again show some numbers, I mean just facts not your feefee's.

Decent read with a bunch of graphs showing the differences in race vs sentening in regards to same and similar crimes.

https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2413&context=articles

dadudemon

We (not you and I, the GDF) had this argument on KMC, before. I guess I could find some data.

Robtard
^I'm gonna allow someone unintelligent to come agree smile

Can't wait to see the inferior soul who goes first.

https://media.giphy.com/media/DM9nvvv9fNry8tq0/giphy.gif

It's literally what you just did with your comment and I was just asking the question that needed to be asked.

Old Man Whirly!
I agree our penal system needs improvement. For example men receive 63% longer sentences on average than women do for the same crime. It's wrong. Yeah they do, we all have stories of guys we know getting shafted in a divorce or custody case. I got off relatively lightly both times in comparison.That said trust me if you or I were accused of something we would have a better chance in a jury trial in the UK or US than a black guy regardless of similar histories.

Surtur
It's literally what you just did with your comment and I was just asking the question that needed to be asked.

It's not, but like I said I'm allowing an e-gang member to come agree with you.

SquallX

tru-marvell
Again not the conversation I'm looking to have, nonetheless would you not agree the these two practices are in fact systemic injustice?

1. Redlining

2. GI bill not given to black veterans

I'd hate to have to explain how just these two practices has had great adverse effects to the black community.

And as someone sorta pointed out it was government programs which helped to devastate the black family. Again systemic-deliberate programs. Government assistance given to minorities required that the man/father/husband of the family be absent from the household. Families receiving assistance were not allowed to have a savings account. These coupled with many overt practices of denying qualified applicants employment has had generational impacts.

I could site how these things has impacted me personally as my father and two of his brothers along with my maternal uncles all served in the military and how to man they were denied the same benefits that their white counterparts received and were able to build generational wealth through simply owning a home in the early 50's and 60's.

I challenge you and anyone else to do a 2 hour study into the origin and early movement of the Black Panther Party

Silent Master
GI Bill not given to Black veterans, what are you talking about?

BrolyBlack

ilikecomics
1.) america had a black president, let's not move the goal post here. Discrediting this discredits the civil rights movement, no one is claiming america is perfect, just that progress has been made.
2.) america was one of the first places in the world to legally make slavery illegal, as opposed to some African and middle eastern countries still practicing it.
3.) red lining is a problem, but so are f.b.i. crime statistics that show young black men's biggest threat when they step out of their door isnt cops it's other black men.
4.)if you control for racial outward appearance by comparing african americans to second generation people from the west indies i.e. jamaica, Barbados, etc. Youll find that on average they make 58% more than there african american counterparts.
5.) 1000 people a year are shot by police, the majority being white, while blacks are slightly disproportionately represented, however this is largely due to the fact blacks often live in urban areas, which are policed more, and have different behavior when driving and being pulled over.
6.) our country exploding in protest has always seemed like a farce when north korea exists. The average north korean is 3.8 inches shorter than his south korean counterpart due to malnutrition due to poor and corrupt centralized planning, they live in constant terror of actual repression from the government, which is simultaneously a cult of personality, meaning it dominates every waking second of every day.

tru-marvell
It's simple....MANY black men who sought to purchase homes were denied these low interest loans, esp it they were looking to buy in any "new suburban areas"

BB you're the idiot for not simply doing a little research to verify a statement. I'm not Trump...I don't make statements which are veritably false and then expect/demand people to believe it.

Silent Master
Wait, you're talking shit from just after WWII. yeah, New York and New Jersey were racist as hell. they still are IMO.

SquallX
SW61CeB3nLY

tru-marvell
Talking about systemic injustice....the impact is generational. But it's you guys who insist on talking about this.
I was asking about the current trend of "apologist' happening now across the country and internationally. For reference please simply follow the links provided in the op

Silent Master
Who are "you guys"?

tru-marvell
Anyone who is persistent in this nearly exhausted conversation of past injustice.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by tru-marvell
Anyone who is persistent in this nearly exhausted conversation of past injustice. thumb upOriginally posted by Silent Master
Who are "you guys"? The Voltron collective.

Silent Master
Originally posted by tru-marvell
Anyone who is persistent in this nearly exhausted conversation of past injustice.

Which is who?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Silent Master
Which is who? The KMC Alt-right hate machine.

ilikecomics
https://youtu.be/5daNMXer2UQ

Thomas sowell, on why systemic racism is bullshit

https://youtu.be/zgUjCK2jMp0

Larry elder on why systemic racism is bullshit

https://youtu.be/ggk5JglQskU

A dialouge between glen lowry and john mcwhorter about race and policing

https://youtu.be/1sV5qU6e-YY

Coleman hughes on why systemic racism is bullshit.

https://youtu.be/UPiNiTwf5bM

John mcwhorter and coleman hughes talk about how white guilt anti racism is analogous to religious structuring.

Old Man Whirly!
I don know if it's my perception, but in the more stable and less racist 2021 world, a lot of posts in this thread seem on reflection race-baiting at best and racist or worse, perhaps not even at most unpleasant.

Thoughts?

Bashar Teg
mentally ill and deranged, as well.

poor voltron no

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
mentally ill and deranged, as well.

poor voltron no Certainly unpalatably odd imo.

cdtm

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by cdtm
Tip of the iceberg.

Blacks still get priced out of apartment complexes. They still have trouble getting loans. They still suffer a two tier justice system.

Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, and Louis Farrakhan all pointed this out. No one listened because of the "anti-semetic" charges.

Since Jews are factually overrepresented in many institutions and services that negatively impact blacks, and these black leaders were trying to shame the Jewish community into policing their own (Which never works. You can recognize systemic problems in many things, but never the Jewish community. Even if it's true.) Antisemitism isn't an answer for systemic racism. Your post is a bit of bait and a bit of red herring on the end of the hook, pal.

Klaw
SJWs are winning unfortunately.

Anything that criticizes their "protected groups" is automatically labeled as sexist, racist etc.

cdtm

Eon Blue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.