Hitman 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
_czeW1Re1EI

HELL yes. Hitman 2 was up there with MGSV as this gens best stealth game IMO. I can't wait to see what they do with the final entry. If you guys haven't played 2, I highly recommend it.

-Pr-
Of all the games announced, this is the one I really can't wait for. The first two are fantastic.

-Pr-
New location announced:

aSnqYzn2abc

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
Of all the games announced, this is the one I really can't wait for. The first two are fantastic.

First two.

Will abort Absolution then.

-Pr-
lol.

Absolution is all right. I do genuinely like some of the levels. Hitman 2016 and what came after is just far superior imo.

Now the bad news: Hitman 3 on PC will be an Epic store exclusive for a ****ing year before it comes to Steam.

cdtm
Would be funny if Epic gives it away for free just as the exclusive deal ends.

Arachnid1
Of all the games announced, this is the one I really can't wait for. The first two are fantastic. This and Demon Souls for me, but yeah I agree. I love this god damn series. It's the only surviving stealth titan. MGS is dead, Splinter Cell is dead, Thief is dead, Deus Ex is on hiatus after the last lame entry, and Dishonored is dead. Of all of them, Hitman is alive and thriving with the best entries the series has ever put out. It's fkn fantastic.

Smasandian
I don't think sneaking is dead...it's just moved to open world games.

Arachnid1
avAXhnbs69w

The final Hitman game comes out in 9 days. This one lets you import the previous two games to it, and they compressed it so it takes 70 gigs with all three games installed.

Too many people slept on this series this last gen. It's one of the greatest stealth titles of all time up there with Splinter Cell and Metal Gears best IMO. I'm sad to see it end.

-Pr-
It's easily the best stealth title of the last decade. 8 more days.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I don't think sneaking is dead...it's just moved to open world games.

I'd say it might as well be dead, given the implementation of it. stick out tongue

Arachnid1
If you're getting this on PC, don't (assuming you have Hitman 1 and 2).

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

If you already own the prior games in Steam, you have to repurchase it on the Epic Games Store (which Hitman 3 is exclusive to for the first year) to upgrade it. People have been asking about Hitman 1/2 Steam-EGS compatibility since they announced the game would load both into the H3 launcher. This info should have been put out months ago. Not a few days before release. People owning the games on Steam but not being allowed to upgrade them because of a difference in launcher on a ****ing PC is ridiculous, and is one of the many reasons people have been against EGS since the beginning. Those who want to link their games without rebuying the game are going to have to wait a year for it to come out on Steam. I wonder how many people who own them all on PC preordered and have no idea they're about to be hit with this in 5 days.

Also, to be clear, this is on IOI. Plenty of people have pointed out that IOI tracks the games you own and your progression on it's servers. They know you own the game and know of any DLC levels you bought since ownership is tied to your IOI account. If they can use the servers to bring your progression over from Hitman 2>3, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to tie it to some Legacy DLC unlock or something. Also, even if Epic somehow forced this dynamic as part of their H3 deal (entirely possible), it's still shitty of IOI to not tell anyone about it until 5 days before launch.

EDIT:
https://i.imgur.com/M3qXlNK.png

So much for that.

Arachnid1
https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1350899132966318084

They've updated so the above is no longer the case. PC players may re-board the hype train

Arachnid1
f8VGkXnFycc

-Pr-
Almost Wednesday. Almost Wednesday. Almost Wednesday.

Arachnid1
Reviews are out. 36 reviews so far and it's sitting at an 88.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/hitman-3/critic-reviews

Almost Wednesday. Almost Wednesday. Almost Wednesday. LMAO same.

Too bad they released this right at the start of a new semester for me.

-Pr-
lol, I know that feeling.

At least the time of day it releases at (around midday in most countries it seems), is pretty cool.

-Pr-
lol, IOI servers shit the bed at launch, and many, many people can't carry their progress over. Fun times.

cdtm
Originally posted by Arachnid1
If you're getting this on PC, don't (assuming you have Hitman 1 and 2).

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

If you already own the prior games in Steam, you have to repurchase it on the Epic Games Store (which Hitman 3 is exclusive to for the first year) to upgrade it. People have been asking about Hitman 1/2 Steam-EGS compatibility since they announced the game would load both into the H3 launcher. This info should have been put out months ago. Not a few days before release. People owning the games on Steam but not being allowed to upgrade them because of a difference in launcher on a ****ing PC is ridiculous, and is one of the many reasons people have been against EGS since the beginning. Those who want to link their games without rebuying the game are going to have to wait a year for it to come out on Steam. I wonder how many people who own them all on PC preordered and have no idea they're about to be hit with this in 5 days.

Also, to be clear, this is on IOI. Plenty of people have pointed out that IOI tracks the games you own and your progression on it's servers. They know you own the game and know of any DLC levels you bought since ownership is tied to your IOI account. If they can use the servers to bring your progression over from Hitman 2>3, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to tie it to some Legacy DLC unlock or something. Also, even if Epic somehow forced this dynamic as part of their H3 deal (entirely possible), it's still shitty of IOI to not tell anyone about it until 5 days before launch.

EDIT:
https://i.imgur.com/M3qXlNK.png

So much for that.

I'm playing the Epic free version, so no concerns on Epic/Steam link ups here.

Not that I'd ever buy a game on Epic. smile

-Pr-
So after we finally got my sister's progress in the first two games carried across, and our access to the previous games within Hitman 3, we finally sat down to play it.

It's fantastic. Could already be the GOTY for me as I don't know what will come out that will beat it.

Arachnid1
So after we finally got my sister's progress in the first two games carried across, and our access to the previous games within Hitman 3, we finally sat down to play it.

It's fantastic. Could already be the GOTY for me as I don't know what will come out that will beat it. I'm still trying to get access to my H1 stuff. It says the transfer is completed but I can't download the Hitman 1 GOTY stuff which is annoying.

-Pr-
For us, we had to go to the PS store, and login on the account that originally bought the content. Then in the store you can find a "Hitman access pass" for each game. Once we installed those, it worked for us. The transfer only carried over our progress, not the games we owned. Once we went through the store though, it worked fine.

Arachnid1
For us, we had to go to the PS store, and login on the account that originally bought the content. Then in the store you can find a "Hitman access pass" for each game. Once we installed those, it worked for us. The transfer only carried over our progress, not the games we owned. Once we went through the store though, it worked fine. Yeah, I did the same. I have access to Hitman 2 through that but it prompts me to pay 30 for Hitman 1 despite having all the GOTY content. I sent IOI an email but it'll probably be a wait.

-Pr-
Damn. Sorry to hear that.

Arachnid1
Damn. Sorry to hear that. It's no big deal man. I'll get it fixed eventually.

-Pr-
Hitman 3 (finally) goes live in Steam today at 6pm utc (1pm eastern time). Hoping the launch is smoother than when the game came out.

Smasandian
Also available on Game Pass now.

-Pr-
Yeah. And the Game Pass launch wasn't a complete shit-show either.

The Steam one? Full price at launch, and the servers have been down since the game released for maintenance. It's last January all over again. Thanks IOI.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.