Rightists have made Anger part of American political discourse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Ben Shapiro is not someone I had heard of until I watched Andrew Neil destroy him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PRF3r3zUGqk&feature=youtu.be#dialog

Andrew Neil uses Shapiro's own hate filled rhetoric on issues like abortion and Arabs to undermine his position. Shapiro had been gaslighting about how all he wanted was to discuss ideas.

Beyond this interview it raises many salient points about the polarisation going on in Trumps America and the wider world and how these right wing talking heads promote hate and spread intolerance.

eThneoLgrRnae
LoL. Yet another example of leftists projecting.

Oh pooty.... smh. no

Scribble
H47ow4_Cmk0

ilikecomics
Ben shapiro simultaneously says he's an observing jew and an american who adheres to america ideas, but also talks about aristotelian philosophy. Either one of these would be fine to talk about on it's own but he just smashes them together, without pointing out inconsistencies.

I like that he believes in freedom of speech, as i think it's a master value, but he uses his freedom to sound like a swarmy manlet and it drives me crazy because he's been grouped in with public intellectuals that i like.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by ilikecomics
Ben shapiro simultaneously says he's an observing jew and an american who adheres to america ideas, but also talks about aristotelian philosophy. Either one of these would be fine to talk about on it's own but he just smashes them together, without pointing out inconsistencies.

I like that he believes in freedom of speech, as i think it's a master value, but he uses his freedom to sound like a swarmy manlet and it drives me crazy because he's been grouped in with public intellectuals that i like. Like I said, I had no idea who he was till this incident. He really does seem like a little *****.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Like I said, I had no idea who he was till this incident. He really does seem like a little *****.

Picture him with ventriloquist dummy mouth lines... Youre welcome.

Surtur
Ben is amusing cuz he's a jew who always wears a yarmulke and yet is deemed a white supremacist by some on the left

Robtard
Like I said, I had no idea who he was till this incident. He really does seem like a little *****.

Ben Shapiro is very popular here with KMC's Trumper Squad.

He's the one who said "people will just sell their beach homes" as a way to hand-wave away real concerns with climate change and rising sea levels.

jaden_2.0
In fairness to Shapiro, he fully admitted how terrible he came across in that interview. I like how Andrew Neil laughed at being called a leftist.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Surtur
Ben is amusing cuz he's a jew who always wears a yarmulke and yet is deemed a white supremacist by some on the left

Zionism isnt that different from white nationalism

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
Ben Shapiro is very popular here with KMC's Trumper Squad.

He's the one who said "people will just sell their beach homes" as a way to hand-wave away real concerns with climate change and rising sea levels. He just seemed another youtube **** when Neil a conservative and quite right of centre destroyed him.

Robtard
He just seemed another youtube **** when Neil a conservative and quite right of centre destroyed him.

He is essentially little more than a Rightist YT ranter and gasligher, except he has a website too. He's the "cool kids philosopher".

But you see what happens when he debates someone who knows what they're talking about, they smash right through his house-of-cards positions and Shapiro rage-quits as his only defense.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
He is essentially little more than a Rightist YT ranter and gasligher, except he has a website too. He's the "cool kids philosopher".

But you see what happens when he debates someone who knows what they're talking about, they smash right through his house-of-cards positions and Shapiro rage-quits as his only defense. It was humiliating, tbh, he wanted the kind of youtube shit and Neil wanted a discourse.

Sad tbh.

MSM 4 da win!

jaden_2.0
I can only imagine how it would've went if Jeremy Paxman was still doing his thing.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I can only imagine how it would've went if Jeremy Paxman was still doing his thing. that would have been a bloodbath. I would love to see a fully researched Paxman vs Peterson... the entertainment would be hilarious.

wxyz
Where was the destruction?

cdtm
In fairness to Shapiro, he fully admitted how terrible he came across in that interview. I like how Andrew Neil laughed at being called a leftist.

Yes, he did.

I don't watch shapiro, at all, but I did see a little of this embarrassing debate.

I don't know, to me it looked like he was overly defensive, as though he expected an avalanche of mud slinging.

Which, to be fair, is kind of how debate IS on this side of the pond.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by cdtm
Yes, he did.

I don't watch shapiro, at all, but I did see a little of this embarrassing debate.

I don't know, to me it looked like he was overly defensive, as though he expected an avalanche of mud slinging.

Which, to be fair, is kind of how debate IS on this side of the pond.

Yeah that was my thinking. When you're used to nothing but confrontational partisan hackery it's not immediately obvious when you're in front of someone with probing questions but without an agenda.

Andrew Neil, in his personal political beliefs, is as conservative as they come but he questions people on either side of the spectrum with equal vigour. There's many videos of him challenging those on the left equally as hard as he did with Shapiro.

eThneoLgrRnae
I'm not surprised Shapiro triggers snowflake leftists.He's smarter than all you snowflakes put together.

Oh, and Zionism is nothing like white nationalism. Disappointing to see we have yet another Israel-hating bigot on this board who probably thinks (as the Palestinians do) that Israel has no right to exist as a nation.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I'm not surprised Shapiro triggers snowflake leftists.He's smarter than all you snowflakes put together.

Oh, and Zionism is nothing like white nationalism. Disappointing to see we have yet another Israel-hating bigot on this board who probably thinks (as the Palestinians do) that Israel has no right to exist as a nation.

I dont hate israel, i was saying jewish nationalism is similar to white nationalism. Nationalism is nationalism. Israel are our boys and we share intelligence.

Old Man Whirly!

Oh, and Zionism is nothing like white nationalism. Disappointing to see we have yet another Israel-hating bigot on this board who probably thinks (as the Palestinians do) that Israel has no right to exist as a nation. durwank

Mindship
How does it go?

If you know the facts, pound the facts.
If you know the law, pound the law.
If you have neither, pound the table.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Mindship
How does it go?

If you have neither, pound the table. That's clearly an American saying as I have never heard it, but it's so goog I will be using it from now on.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mindship
How does it go?

If you have neither, pound the table.

I love it.

I'd add a fourth line that says:

"If you are single, pound your meat."

Mindship
That's clearly an American saying as I have never heard it, but it's so goog I will be using it from now on. I think it's American Legalese, as initially I heard a lawyer on TV put it this way:

If you know the facts, argue the facts.
If you know the law, argue the law.
If you have neither, just argue.

I like the "pound" version better. It fosters insightful modification:

Originally posted by dadudemon
"If you are single, pound your meat." laughing That dropped me.

SquallX
Originally posted by dadudemon
I love it.

I'd add a fourth line that says:

"If you are single, pound your meat."

Nah, find a chick and let her pound it for you instead.

Surtur
Yeah that was my thinking. When you're used to nothing but confrontational partisan hackery it's not immediately obvious when you're in front of someone with probing questions but without an agenda.

Andrew Neil, in his personal political beliefs, is as conservative as they come but he questions people on either side of the spectrum with equal vigour. There's many videos of him challenging those on the left equally as hard as he did with Shapiro.

I could be wrong, but I thought part of the reason Ben said he assumed the guy was being partisan is because the interview was supposed to be about his book and he ended up asking him things that had nothing to do with it.

Not saying that is actually the case, but I seem to recall Ben giving that as an explanation.

Old Man Whirly!
I could be wrong, but I thought part of the reason Ben said he assumed the guy was being partisan is because the interview was supposed to be about his book and he ended up asking him things that had nothing to do with it.

Not saying that is actually the case, but I seem to recall Ben giving that as an explanation. Andrew Neil shreds this youtube guy.

Surtur
Andrew Neil shreds this youtube guy.

It's okay, Ben Shapiro would shred you or any of your e-gang in a debate.

Same goes for Tim Pool, he'd demolish you smile

Old Man Whirly!

Same goes for Tim Pool, he'd demolish you smile your fee fees. laughing out loud

Surtur
your fee fees. laughing out loud

^Is emotional and projecting that onto others.

I'll allow it smile

Old Man Whirly!
^Is emotional and projecting that onto others.

I'll allow it smile well I was talking about neil and shapiro... fee fees.

Surtur
You mean you were ignoring the point I made about their exchange because it clashed with your fee fee's?

I know smile

Scribble
Even Shapiro admitted his performance in that interview was terrible. Everyone has their bad days. I think he should have done some research on Andrew Neil before going in, because he really did make a fool of himself by calling him a leftist.

That being said, I enjoy Shapiro's work generally. He's more right-wing than me, so I frequently disagree with him, but he's generally been a welcome voice of reason in the past few years.

eThneoLgrRnae

Same goes for Tim Pool, he'd demolish you smile

Oh yeah, Shapiro would wipe the floor with pooty, robbie, or bashy. That goes without sayin'.

And nah, Ben didn't lose that debate. He never loses.In that respect, he's like Kent Hovind and Matt Powell, both of whom also never lose.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Scribble
Even Shapiro admitted his performance in that interview was terrible. Everyone has their bad days. I think he should have done some research on Andrew Neil before going in, because he really did make a fool of himself by calling him a leftist.

That being said, I enjoy Shapiro's work generally. He's more right-wing than me, so I frequently disagree with him, but he's generally been a welcome voice of reason in the past few years.

Nah, his performance was fine. Pointing out how someone is overtly biased is not "performing badly".

I don't agree with Ben on everything either. He didn't actually support Trump in 2016 election but he does now I believe.

Old Man Whirly!
Nah, his performance was fine. Pointing out how someone is overtly biased is not "performing badly".

I don't agree with Ben on everything either. He didn't actually support Trump in 2016 election but he does now I believe. durwank

Eon Blue

Old Man Whirly!
He never loses.In that respect, he's like Kent Hovind laughing durwank

eThneoLgrRnae
Shapiro is really smart so he should've known better than to go on the BBC. They're all liars at that network. They're the British version of CNN lol.

BrolyBlack
Bump

Bashar Teg
try maturing, just a little bit

dadudemon
Great thread. My favorite post was from page 2 where I extended Mindship's really good post into something PG and perverted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.