Rashad Brooks killed for falling asleep in a drive through line.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Rayshard Brooks, 27, was shot dead on Friday night after police were called to the restaurant over reports that he had fallen asleep in the drive-through line.

Darth Thor
Yep and more riots happening over this.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yep and more riots happening over this. But, you know, no racism in the US... say Trumpers.

Bashar Teg
"but he grabbed their non-lethal weapon and fled "

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
"but he grabbed their non-lethal weapon and fled " laughing out loud turns out 15 years ago he did such and such. Pos deserves it -KMC Trumper

BackFire

Old Man Whirly!

Darth Thor
The only thing you can use against him is that he resisted arrest.

But the guy was drunk... so like wth?! might as well kill him.

dadudemon
Here's the entire confrontation caught on video - we have the facts. No need to speculate:

https://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Atlanta-police-shoot-kill-DUI-suspect-after-struggle-571237391.html

Don't worry, it's not that graphic.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by dadudemon
Moronic black people do moronic black people things, again.

YvE414nNFyc

Black people: stop destroying black people's things! You will never rise up and make change if you keep harming each other.

fix your mask. it's slipping off again

dadudemon
fix your mask. it's slipping off again

You mean my pointy what hat?

SquallX
More on topic:

Stupid black people doing stupid black people things.

Walmart pledges $100 million to black charities/black action groups.

Walmart is raided and pillaged by 200 black people, anyway:

IqOyGIfXzmM

These black people represent a minority of a minority of black people. Almost no black people do this bullshit. Still sets back black issues when black people do this stupid shit.

Our ancestors/forefathers that were slaves, survived Jim Crow and so much more are now rolling in there graves for the way Black in this country have fallen.

We are the only race in this country that have become static as a whole.

Surtur
The title of the thread is a lie. He wasn't killed for falling asleep in a drive through line. He also didn't fall asleep. Passing out is not falling asleep, but he wasn't killed for passing out either.

He was killed for physically assaulting a cop and then firing a weapon at a cop. There is nothing that points to racism.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
The title of the thread is a lie. He wasn't killed for falling asleep in a drive through line. He also didn't fall asleep. Passing out is not falling asleep.

He was killed for physically assaulting a cop and then firing a weapon at a cop. There is nothing that points to racism.

While I agree that nothing points to racism, he shouldn't have been shot with a gun and bullets for pointing a taser at police. He gets one shot with the taser and then he's done. Then police can taze him or whatever and complete the arrest. At no point was a gun with bullets required to stop the confrontation.

Surtur
While I agree that nothing points to racism, he shouldn't have been shot with a gun and bullets for pointing a taser at police. He gets one shot with the taser and then he's done. Then police can taze him or whatever and complete the arrest. At no point was a gun with bullets required to stop the confrontation.

I've read that depending on the model it can be anywhere from 1-3 shots.

Either way if you assault a cop and then fire a weapon at them...chances are they will shoot you.

Eon Blue

Surtur
Moronic black people do moronic black people things, again.

YvE414nNFyc

Black people: stop destroying black people's things! You will never rise up and make change if you keep harming each other.

I missed this. Wow.

And even if Wendy's hadn't donated, they did nothing to deserve any destruction.

Surtur
It's just unfortunate someone felt the appropriate response to this was to burn something down.

And Wendy's frosties are excellent!

eThneoLgrRnae
The title of the thread is a lie. He wasn't killed for falling asleep in a drive through line. He also didn't fall asleep. Passing out is not falling asleep, but he wasn't killed for passing out either.

You expected anything other than blatant lies and gaslighting from pooty?

Surtur
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
You expected anything other than blatant lies and gaslighting from pooty?

Good point.

Darth Thor
It's just unfortunate someone felt the appropriate response to this was to burn something down.

And Wendy's frosties are excellent!

Also unfortunate cops feel the appropriate response to a drunk black guy resisting arrest is to shoot them.

Surtur
Also unfortunate cops feel the appropriate response to a drunk black guy resisting arrest is to shoot them.

Also unfortunate the guy felt the appropriate response to cops just doing their job was to resist arrest, physically beat them, and fire a weapon at them.

Just awful sad

Eon Blue
Who the heck falls asleep in a drive thru?

Silent Master
Usually, violent drunks.

Cops need better non-lethals

Darth Thor
Also unfortunate the guy felt the appropriate response to cops just doing their job was to resist arrest, physically beat them, and fire a weapon at them.

Just awful sad

Yeah drinking makes you do stupid things. Who would have thought?

Silent Master
Especially if the person drinking is already dumb and possibly violent.

Flyattractor
Haven't we just reached the point that we should just allow All Blacks to commit what ever crime they want with no worry of consequences?

Surtur
Yeah drinking makes you do stupid things. Who would have thought?

For normal people this is usually stuff like drunk dialing an ex or tripping and falling in front of a bunch of people. Not physically attacking and using weapons on people who are armed.

Old Man Whirly!
It will be interesting to see the initial interaction, if I was a black man in contact with the Police who are capable of killing me and in this case did. Prior to my death I might have reacted to protect myself.

Surtur
I still wanna say that I feel cops need more training. They need more money, not less.

Old Man Whirly!
I still wanna say that I feel cops need more training. They need more money, not less. They need to spend it differently, les on becoming an army and yes more on training, community programmes etc.

Darth Thor
For normal people this is usually stuff like drunk dialing an ex or tripping and falling in front of a bunch of people. Not physically attacking and using weapons on people who are armed.

Sure. And neither is falling asleep at a drive thru normal for drunks.

So they knew he was drunk. Like they literally tested him and knew that. And they knew he was a bit strange.

But when are you going to get Surt thats its not okay just to shoot people dead for a bit of social misconduct?

Surtur
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
They need to spend it differently, les on becoming an army and yes more on training, community programmes etc.

that's fair

Surtur
Sure. And neither is falling asleep at a drive thru normal for drunks.

So they knew he was drunk. Like they literally tested him and knew that. And they knew he was a bit strange.

But when are you going to get Surt thats its not okay just to shoot people dead for a bit of social misconduct?

It's definitely not okay to shoot people merely for being drunk, but that isn't what happened.

I also will say again what I have said before: I think there should be laws that all cars need to have breathalyzers and u need to pass the test to be able to start your car. These things exist, but are usually only given to people who repeatedly get caught driving drunk.

Flyattractor
But it IS ok to LIE and say that IS what Happened....because Muh Narrative.

BrolyBlack
Why do people care less about Rashad than Mr. Flyod?

StyleTime
Originally posted by SquallX

We are the only race in this country that have become static as a whole.
Depends on what you mean by static. Black income levels rose steadily from the late 60's up until the recession. Then they started rising again after the recession, which is great. https://www.census.gov/data/tables/time-series/demo/income-poverty/historical-income-people.html

Here's some graphical representations since spreadsheets are an eye sore. It's the first two.

https://blackdemographics.com/households/african-american-income/

The only concerning thing is the growth of the wealthy black class relative to the poorest black class. The fact that they were stable, even growing some years, during the recession compared to the poorer classes is unfortunate. It seems to mirror the class problems of general society. The goal wasn't to create a hyper rich black class and ignore the poor black class. Happy to see the growth though.

Regardless, the black community isn't a monolith. Saying black people are static undercuts the hard work going on in most segments. This board is mature enough to start talking intersectionality, no? Rich black experience not being the same as poor black experience and that kind of stuff?

Jmanghan
We should start a law that lets you defend yourself from an officer if you A. Don't have a warrant and they touch you first. B. Are doing something very obviously illegal right in front of the cop.

Jmanghan
In some ways I wish there'll be another civil war just to wake the racists up.

That said, this can all be avoided if they do one thing: Pass a law in all states that disallows the use of firearms on a person if shots aren't first fired. If a cop breaks this law, mandatory death penalty. If it's a proven accident; 30 years in prison. smile

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Jmanghan
We should start a law that lets you defend yourself from an officer if you don't have a warrant and they touch you first.

Silent Master
In some ways I wish there'll be another civil war just to wake the racists up.

That said, this can all be avoided if they do one thing: Pass a law in all states that disallows the use of firearms on a person if shots aren't first fired. If a cop breaks this law, mandatory death penalty. If it's a proven accident; 30 years in prison. smile

Why would you want all the Democrats to wake up?

All the cops would quit.

Old Man Whirly!
Shooting of Brooks declared homicide. Waits for reframing attempts.

Bashar Teg
Shooting of Brooks declared homicide. Waits for reframing attempts.

or the same old:

"yeah i knew that, no surprise. the cops were clearly in the wrong, as I clearly stated. If any attempts are made to quote my recent and directly contradicting posts on the matter, I'll screech loudly in PM/zoom/voicemail, and my boys'll bust up in here and c-walk up in your face. this is not systemic racism, something something all we need is better training".

Yet isn't it odd how so many american right wing terrorists are captured alive. white terrorists likely have a greater survival rate when being apprehend by law enforcement, when compared to a black man selling loose cigarettes. maybe cops just need to be trained how to treat all suspects as they would treat a white suspect

Old Man Whirly!
or the same old:

"yeah i knew that, no surprise. the cops were clearly in the wrong, as I clearly stated. If any attempts are made to quote my recent and directly contradicting posts on the matter, I'll screech loudly in PM/zoom/voicemail, and my boys'll bust up in here and c-walk up in your face. this is not systemic racism, something something all we need is better training".

Yet isn't it odd how so many american right wing terrorists are captured alive. white terrorists likely have a greater survival rate when being apprehend by law enforcement, when compared to a black man selling loose cigarettes. You make a very compelling point thumb up

dadudemon
this is not systemic racism, is better training

Correct. thumb up

Bashar Teg
You make a very compelling point thumb up

which is of course why it will be swiftly dodged...oh...seems I was a bit late with that prediction smile

SquallX

Bashar Teg

so if someone points a loaded firearm at a cop, the cop would have to wait till he got shot? if he's charged with a knife he/she has to wait for the blade to puncture their flesh? wow that's extreme, especially since the 2nd amendment also applies to an officer's right to defend him/herself from an imminent threat of lethal attack with lethal force.

keep in mind i said "imminent threat of lethal attack", which most of these cop-on-black killings seem to lack. like in this case of "i was scared because he pointed a lon-lethal taser at me for a 16th of a second, as he was running away with his back to me. omg so terrified. had no choice but to execute him"

Surtur
Guy attacked and then fired a weapon at a cop.

No reframing attempts required smile

Surtur
Correct. thumb up

The funny thing is the idea that there is a problem with systemic racism among cops has already been debunked. They just ignored the data, and notice the posts here about people dodging their "points", adorable. But yeah the cops do need better training.

I'm not sure why the fact they need better training is twisted into some sort of victory here by certain people. It's strange, but ah well.

Bashar Teg
Guy attacked and then fired a weapon at a cop.

No reframing attempts required smile

no lethal threat. the prosecution fortunately does not agree with your anti-law anti-reality feefees. oh wellllll smile

Surtur
Your opinion is noted, your pretend win is denied smile

Bashar Teg
Your opinion is noted smile

you mean the opinion of the prosecutor, right? your fee-fees just don't factor into it. once again reality wins and voltron loses. oh wellllll smile

Surtur
I feel bad I had to snatch another pretend win from you. This is beginning to be a thing.

Whirly needs to come calm you down, there there son:

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/there-is-no-need-to-be-upset-gif-6.gif

Old Man Whirly!
no lethal threat. the prosecution fortunately does not agree with your anti-law anti-reality feefees. oh wellllll smile thumb up

Bashar Teg
meanwhile the cop was still charged. your special fee-fees aren't so special after all. reality wins again. voltron pretend games will not get the charges dropped. oh wellllll smile

Robtard
Surt, this is happening, the persecutor is pushing forth. Denying it and spazzying out won't help.

If you want to help this cop start a GoFundMe for him, he's going to need a good lawyer, preferably a firm behind him.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Surt, this is happening, the persecutor is pushing forth. Denying it won't help.

If you want to help this cop start a GoFundMe for him, he's going to need a good lawyer, preferably a firm behind him.

Kiddo, I didn't deny anything. I simply said the guy attacked and then fired a weapon at a cop. Now he is dead. Play stupid games, get stupid prizes.

dadudemon
Surt, I can't defend your position. I cannot save you from the big mean Democrat-mother-cuckers.

Bashar Teg
I should correct myself: the officer was only fired as of yet. my clairvoyance got ahead of me as the autopsy result of homicide is very new. charges will be officially filed shortly, however. tick tock

Surtur
It could happen, people are sadly gonna be overreacting to stuff now in order to show they are on the case.

Cuz I'm a nice guy? I'll even allow you a pretend victory if it happens Bash smile

Bashar Teg
poor pidge, battling reality and always losing. make sure you hold your breath at the tulsa rally

dadudemon
I should correct myself: the officer was only fired as of yet. my clairvoyance got ahead of me as the autopsy result of homicide is very new. charges will be officially filed shortly, however. tick tock

You should get your clairvoyance meter checked because it's BROKEN AND SMELLS LIKE SHAME!

mad mad mad

I fell for it, too. I thought he was already charged with homicide. If you're tricking me, I won't send you any gifts this Christmas.

Surtur
poor pidge, battling reality and always losing. make sure you hold your breath at the tulsa rally

Yeah you def need a pretend win, and soon. It's clearly getting to you.

Chin up, you aren't so upset that you're calling me Ronnie, so you still have lower you can fall thumb up

Robtard

Go easy on him, it's been an especially rough three weeks now.

Surtur
Go easy on him, it's been an especially rough three weeks now.

You projecting stuff from Bash onto me? Good friending aside, is this even possible?!

Robtard
Black Lives Matter, Surt. Just going to have to accept the reality and move on.

Surtur
All Lives Matter

smile

Bashar Teg
You should get your clairvoyance meter checked because it's BROKEN AND SMELLS LIKE SHAME!

mad mad mad

I fell for it, too. I thought he was already charged with homicide. If you're tricking me, I won't send you any gifts this Christmas.

the autopsy report of homicide will no doubt lead to official charges. sometimes past/present/future get jumbled when living with prescience. for a moment I thought it was 5 days from now.

Old Man Whirly!
All Lives Matter

smile They do, but all but the most stupid can see the gaslighting in that phrase.

dadudemon
the autopsy report of homicide will no doubt lead to official charges. sometimes past/present/future get jumbled when living with prescience. for a moment I thought it was 5 days from now.

I know your arms are getting tired from patting yourself on the back this long.

Take a break for a bit. I'll pat your back for you until you're well rested. Who knows how many predictions you're going to get right in 2020.

If you hear sniffing sounds while I'm patting you on the back, it's Biden. He's sniffing my hair.

Silent Master
They do, but all but the most stupid can see the gaslighting in that phrase.

Why are you being so mean to PVS?

Bashar Teg
sure ddm. anyway, you might as well keep formulating whatever gaslight tactic you were planning on using for when said charges are inevitably filed. no need to thank me for the head-start

dadudemon
Originally posted by Silent Master
Why are you being so mean to PVS?

https://i.imgur.com/xMRMsT1.png

dadudemon
sure ddm. anyway, you might as well keep formulating whatever gaslight tactic you were planning on using for when said charges are inevitably filed. no need to thank me for the head-start

I'll be the judge of that.

Thank you for the head-start.

Robtard
They do, but all but the most stupid can see the gaslighting in that phrase.

Bingo

Why they choose to be on the wrong side of history on this...

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/xMRMsT1.png

laughing

Bashar Teg
Bingo

Why they choose to be on the wrong side of history on this...

at least they're consistent in that

Robtard

Such a bad look though.

Old Man Whirly!
Bingo

Why they choose to be on the wrong side of history on this... That is something I'm finding really disturbing, it's like people have forgotten.

Surtur
Hypocrisy overload, love it

dadudemon

Get in here!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=669252&from=thread&pagenumber=2#post17200867

Am I doing it?

Bashar Teg
Hypocrisy overload, love it

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE", etc. kindathumb up

Robtard
That is something I'm finding really disturbing, it's like people have forgotten.

Hopefully it's just this below and not legit sentiments, cos I feel bad for them:

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
You can't allow pathetic and inconsequential things such as the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness get in the way of important stuff like pwning duh libz.

Then again, you are who you pretend to be, to paraphrase Kurt Vonnegut

Old Man Whirly!
"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE", etc. kindathumb up thumb up smile

Surtur
https://media1.giphy.com/media/RHiD0K65NxxLO/giphy.gif

Old Man Whirly!
Hopefully it's just this below and not legit sentiments, cos I feel bad for them:

Then again, you are who you pretend to be, to paraphrase Kurt Vonnegut yes, the sad thing is owners always end up looking like their dogs and dogs like their owners.

Surtur
Lol, Kurt Vonnegut! laughing

dadudemon
https://media1.giphy.com/media/RHiD0K65NxxLO/giphy.gif

He looks adorable munching on that popcorn. Good for him.

dadudemon
yes, the sad thing is owners always end up looking like their dogs and dogs like their owners.

And their ducks. They look like their ducks, too. Especially the way they walk.*

*It's the diapers.

Surtur
She had dumps like a duck, duck, duck

thighs like what, what, what

dadudemon
She had dumps like a duck, duck, duck

thighs like what, what, what

Poops with her butt, butt, butt.

dadudemon
Poops with her butt, butt, butt.

crylaugh

https://i.imgur.com/OzHX4fG.gif

Surtur
and ducks do poop a lot

if u see a lot of ducks somewhere there gonna be a lot of poo poo too

dadudemon
and ducks do poop a lot

if u see a lot of ducks somewhere there gonna be a lot of poo poo too

🦆 💩💩💩

Surtur
Is it racist we turned this topic into one about duck poop?

*ponders it for a microsecond*

Nah

Bashar Teg
super-fun coping party. I brought some crab dip and triscuts

dadudemon

I'm STARVING.

Wait, am I in the coping party?

Because I think the cop should be prosecuted and he be charged with manslaughter. He didn't need to shot anyone. He had a taser.

Robtard

Can't stand crab dip. Anyhow.

I've not read the whole thread, did we do the "But he wasn't a saint..." part yet for Brooks?

Bashar Teg
pidge went for a deceptively worded justification for the murder on page one:

because in his world, non-lethal taser justifies lethal-force.

Robtard
Aww, bless.

I could see that argument if the cop was alone, because if he got incapacitated by a taser, his life could be in danger. There is an argument to be made in that scenario. But he wasn't alone.

BrolyBlack
Rayshard Brooks, 27, was shot dead on Friday night after police were called to the restaurant over reports that he had fallen asleep in the drive-through line.

Does resisting arrest, beating up some cops, stealing their taser and trying to use it on them sounds like he was shot because he fell asleep drunk?

snowdragon
Aww, bless.

I could see that argument if the cop was alone, because if he got incapacitated by a taser, his life could be in danger. There is an argument to be made in that scenario. But he wasn't alone.

Pretty much.

This is one of those times it would have been decent of the police to say, call a family member/friend to pick you up however I think in that location when someone is found intoxicated and behind the wheel of the car they have to arrest.

I also wonder if this guy freaked out like that because he had a past arrest history (that doesn't justify the shooting.) Cuz everything was going fine prior to the arrest.

Robtard
Brook's was clearly drunk driving and arresting him was the correct response. Shooting him twice in the back, not the right solution.

Similar with King, he was driving recklessly under the influence, he should have been arrested, not beaten almost to death while prone and then arrested.

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
Pretty much.

This is one of those times it would have been decent of the police to say, call a family member/friend to pick you up however I think in that location when someone is found intoxicated and behind the wheel of the car they have to arrest.

I also wonder if this guy freaked out like that because he had a past arrest history (that doesn't justify the shooting.) Cuz everything was going fine prior to the arrest.

But they did their jobs. Sometimes it would be decent for a cop to let you off for a warning if he catches you speeding. I've had it happen. But if it doesn't happen I can't complain if I get pulled over for speeding and get a ticket(unless I wasn't actually speeding).

I don't think we can complain the cops decided to arrest a dude who endangered lives by driving drunk and then passed out in the car in a Wendy's drive thru.

What happened next was unfortunate, but the cops got attacked. He took one of their tasers and ran. At this point they could have shot him in the back, but didn't. Not that they should have, but if they were racist cops who hate blacks they could have pulled the trigger. But the cop didn't fire until the guy turned and fired a weapon.

Yes it was a taser, yes there was another cop there too. However, I understand that in the heat of the altercation he reacted and fired. He reacted pretty much immediately one the weapon was used. In the heat of the moment, does the cop know exactly how close his partner is? Does he know that if this guy does take him down with a taser, there is no chance the guy could grab his firearm before the other cop gets there? I don't think he knows all these things, but in that split second all he knew is a weapon had just been fired at him. So IMO he should not have been fired and I hope he doesn't get charged and if he does then I hope he gets found not guilty.

I'm not happy this man is dead, but I just feel like if you punch a cop repeatedly, then you fire a weapon of ANY kind at him, there is a high probability you will get shot. I don't think this was racism. I think better training is needed.

Adam_PoE
Man Arrested After Shooting at Deputies Outside Spalding County Home

Good thing he did not do something criminal like fall asleep in the drive-through at Wendy's.

Man Arrested After Stealing Officer's Gun

Good thing he did not do something dangerous like try to pay for something with a $20 bill that was suspected to be counterfit.

Silent Master
Cry some more.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Good thing he did not do something criminal like fall asleep in the drive-through at Wendy's: Man Arrested After Shooting at Deputies Outside Spalding County Home

Good thing he did not do something dangerous like try to pay for something with a $20 bill that was suspected to be counterfit: Man Arrested After Stealing Officer's Gun

amazing how he was brought in alive, like every other white terrorist. good thing for him that he wasn't black and just selling loose cigarettes

Silent Master
Good job

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Silent Master
Cry some more. Originally posted by Silent Master
Good job

you don't like the facts so you're going to act like a phaggot and derail the thread? good for you s&m

Silent Master
angel

BrolyBlack
It was 10 posts down..

dadudemon

Good thing he did not do something criminal like fall asleep in the drive-through at Wendy's.

Good thing he did not do something dangerous like try to pay for something with a $20 bill that was suspected to be counterfit.

Sounds look great and proper policing to me. No need for them to die. Great outcomes for everyone.

But, there may be more to the stories than a superficial reading makes it seem. Were both of these caught on video, full encounter?

Adam_PoE

dadudemon

Sorry, can't visit those sites.

Do you or anyone else want to provide a yes/no to my question?

Surtur

So sorry this happened to you

Surtur
Cop has been charged with murder. I hope he is found not guilty.

carthage
Did anyone hear about this??

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-17/far-right-boogaloo-boys-linked-to-killing-of-california-lawmen-other-violence

Old Man Whirly!
Cop has been charged with murder. I hope he is found not guilty. of course you do.

Bashar Teg

murder charge. of course i was right. commence gaslighting and autistic screeching wink

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-shooting-wednesday/index.html

Surtur
murder charge. of course i was right. commence gaslighting and autistic screeching wink

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-shooting-wednesday/index.html

No lying, you were correct on what would happen.

Old Man Whirly!
No lying, you were correct on what would happen. reeeeeeeeeeeee

dadudemon

You should have quoted your original post where you predicted this. smile

BrolyBlack
Why is no one talking about Flyod anymore, awful really

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Why is no one talking about Flyod anymore, awful really events move on, we have so many Police and racist events happening, he is still in our minds. BLM!

Adam_PoE
So sorry this happened to you

And just like that, your arguments disappeared in a puff of logic.

Bashar Teg
reeeeeeeeeeeee

indeed.

delicious. smile

Surtur
How is that a reeeeee tho?

Robtard

KMC really is circular. I forget which Black-Man-Murdered-By-Police story it was that was being excused away by the usual archtypes cos there's been so many an this is going back many years, but I posted a story of how a known ex-convict White supremacist who was armed and shot at police out in public while fleeing and the police still managed to case him down and arrest him without a single bullet put into his body. They tasered his ass, iirc.

Adam_PoE
KMC really is circular. I forget which Black-Man-Murdered-By-Police story it was that was being excused away by the usual archtypes cos there's been so many an this is going back many years, but I posted a story of how a known ex-convict White supremacist who was armed and shot at police out in public while fleeing and the police still managed to case him down and arrest him with a single bullet put into his body. They tasered his ass, iirc.

The argument was that these black men deserved to be extrajudiciously executed because they stole an officer's gun, or shot at officers. Yet, here are two examples of white suspects doing the exact same things, and being arrested without incident. I wonder what is different about these two groups of men and how they are treated.

Silent Master
Sounds look great and proper policing to me. No need for them to die. Great outcomes for everyone.

But, there may be more to the stories than a superficial reading makes it seem. Were both of these caught on video, full encounter?

The police didn't do their job properly. Far left-wackos cry.
The police do their job properly. Far left-wackos cry harder.

Bashar Teg
I wonder what is different about these two groups of men and how they are treated.

I wonder

Old Man Whirly!
I wonder it really is quite perplexing. Hang on, no it isn't thumb up How do these far right gaslighters look at themselves in the mirror, I guess it's like Candy man but with the Nazi salute hoping they invoke Hitler.

Adam_PoE
I wonder

Do not wonder too hard or the mask will slip. Remember, you are not providing cover for racists, you are just asking questions.

Robtard
The argument was that these black men deserved to be extrajudiciously executed because they stole an officer's gun, or shot at officers. Yet, here are two examples of white suspects doing the exact same things, and being arrested without incident. I wonder what is different about these two groups of men and how they are treated.

To state the obvious: Institutional racism where Black people (especially Black men) are profiled** and immediately perceived as a threat, regardless if they're a violent convict or someone who has no criminal record.

**It should also be noted that not all police practice this, but the ones that do, we get these instances of cops going to their guns and leaving behind bodies.

Adam_PoE
To state the obvious: Institutional racism where Black people (especially Black men) are profiled** and immediately perceived as a threat, regardless if they're a violent convict or someone who has no criminal record.

**It should also be noted that not all police practice this, but the ones that do, we get these instances of cops going to their guns and leaving behind bodies.

In 2019, there were 200,000 incidents of misconduct by 85,000 police officers, including 22,924 incidents of excessive force; 3,145 incidents of child molestation, rape, and sexual misconduct; 2,307 incidents of domestic violence; 2,227 incidents of perjury, tampering with evidence, and falsifying reports; and 418 incidents of obstructing investigations into themselvers or people they knew, among others.

That is a lot of "bad apples," not counting the so-called "good apples" turning a blind-eye or covering for them.

Bashar Teg
Do not wonder too hard or the mask will slip. Remember, you are not providing cover for racists, you are just asking questions.

why do you think it's wrong to ask questions

*edit* sorry, I was reading s&m's line in the screenplay

Robtard
In 2019, there were 200,000 incidents of misconduct by 85,000 police officers, including 22,924 incidents of excessive force; 3,145 incidents of child molestation, rape, and sexual misconduct; 2,307 incidents of domestic violence; 2,227 incidents of perjury, tampering with evidence, and falsifying reports; and 418 incidents of obstructing investigations into themselvers or people they knew, among others.

That is a lot of "bad apples," not counting the so-called "good apples" turning a blind-eye or covering for them.

The "Blue Shield of Silence" is a major problem, no doubt.

snowdragon
Maybe we should bust up the police union racket:

https://reason.com/2020/05/30/police-unions-and-the-problem-of-police-misconduct/

Sounds like a good start to me....

Bashar Teg
busting up a union? surely this is something the right and "enlightened centrists" can get behind. solidarity at last!

...yes?

Old Man Whirly!
busting up a union? surely this is something the right and "enlightened centrists" can get behind. solidarity at last!

...yes? thumb up they will love this... those commie unions and their rights and stuff!

dadudemon
The argument was that these black men deserved to be extrajudiciously executed...

Who on KMC made that argument when it came to Floyd?

Or are you referring to Brooks?

Old Man Whirly!
Who on KMC made that argument when it came to Floyd?

Or are you referring to Brooks? Don't act like you don't remember DDM... ffs.

dadudemon
Don't act like you don't remember DDM... ffs.

You may be shocked but...

I don't read every single post from every single person. About 80% of the time, most threads beyond 2 pages are just back-forth wastes of time.

Edit - You could contribute and just quote someone.

Surtur
So apparently charges were announced against the cop before the independent investigation had even concluded

Surtur
Georgia Bureau of Investigation blindsided by charges against Atlanta officers in Rayshard Brooks case

*smh*

Surtur
Reports claim Atlanta police officers are walking out en masse over Rayshard Brooks charges; APD admits to 'higher than usual number of call outs'

Given they didn't even wait for the investigation to conclude before charging the cop...I can't blame these cops for thinking the city doesn't have their backs anymore.

They bowed to public pressure.

Bashar Teg
^conclusion hunting

BrolyBlack
When you kept saying Trump conspired with Russia without evidence what is that called?

Surtur
Just crazy that they wouldn't even wait for the investigation to conclude.

How many cops are gonna be thrown to the wolves now cuz of what some truly bad cops did?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>