Is this reverse racism or white privilege?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
https://ibb.co/ngszX6k

StyleTime
It leaves too many questions to discuss with any credibility. Do we have details on this case or just the picture?

SquallX

Silent Master
Originally posted by StyleTime
It leaves too many questions to discuss with any credibility. Do we have details on this case or just the picture?

I thought kneeling on someone's neck was wrong, are you saying it's only wrong under certain circumstances?

Insane Titan

tru-marvell
It doesn't matter because he's still alive....

Silent Master
That's an interesting standard.

StyleTime

Insane Titan

tru-marvell
How many times have people protested after seeing such a tactic? If you're saying that people are upset over a knee on a persons neck, then you are the problem

Insane Titan

tru-marvell
Not saying what's pictured is ok....it isn't, in general, but it seems to me that you are trying to equate this to a man losing his life.
oh and you are the one injecting race here....

Old Man Whirly!
That's an assumption. Regardless, I'll adopt your line of thinking for a moment, and say they would. Why should we take a premature stance just because someone else did on some other issue? Someone else's mistake doesn't justify you making a mistake here.

I'm saying exactly what I said. Broly likes his clickbait, and made a thread intending to compare this photo with the George Floyd situation, with the implied question, "why isn't this being covered?"

Which we can't answer until we have details. Is the victim alive? Were they actually compressing his airway or pinning him? Were they wrestling a weapon away from him? What happened to the cops if he was injured or killed?

Neck restraints like that are actually allowed by many police departments, provided you stop once it's no longer necessary. We can debate the ethical implications of it, but again, need details before comparing these two cases. thumb up Bingo!

Insane Titan

dadudemon
That's an assumption. Regardless, I'll adopt your line of thinking for a moment, and say they would. Why should we take a premature stance just because someone else did on some other issue? Someone else's mistake doesn't justify you making a mistake here.

I'm saying exactly what I said. Broly likes his clickbait, and made a thread intending to compare this photo with the George Floyd situation, with the implied question, "why isn't this being covered?"

Which we can't answer until we have details. Is the victim alive? Were they actually compressing his airway or pinning him? Were they wrestling a weapon away from him? What happened to the cops if he was injured or killed?

Neck restraints like that are actually allowed by many police departments, provided you stop once it's no longer necessary. We can debate the ethical implications of it, but again, need details before comparing these two cases.

That dude has two knees on both the front and back of his neck: a far worse position to be in than Floyd's situation. There appears to be 4 cops on him instead of just 3.

How long did they stay on top of him and was it 8 minutes and 46 seconds (probably not)?

Did this white man recently take both Fentanyl and Meth? Did he have heart problems?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by dadudemon
That dude has two knees on both the front and back of his neck: a far worse position to be in than Floyd's situation. There appears to be 4 cops on him instead of just 3.

How long did they stay on top of him and was it 8 minutes and 46 seconds (probably not)?

Did this white man recently take both Fentanyl and Meth? Did he have heart problems? I think styletime summed things up perfectly and answered all these examples of reframing in his original post DDM.

Silent Master

Neck restraints like that are actually allowed by many police departments, provided you stop once it's no longer necessary. We can debate the ethical implications of it, but again, need details before comparing these two cases.

So, kneeling on someone's neck is a 100% valid and legit tactic. only GF dying made it wrong?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Silent Master
So, kneeling on someone's neck is a 100% valid and legit tactic. only GF dying made it wrong? not what he said, like with tapping out in BJj, you don't do what they did and ignore discomfort. Good attempt at reframing.

Silent Master
It's called a question.

Old Man Whirly!
So, kneeling on someone's neck is a 100% valid and legit tactic. only GF dying made it wrong? not what he said, like with tapping out in BJj, you don't do what they did and ignore discomfort. Good attempt at reframing.

Silent Master
It's called a question.

Old Man Whirly!
It's called a question. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Adam_PoE
It's called a question.

I am not saying you are a degenerate transparently trying to provide cover for police brutality, racism, or both. I am just asking questions.

Silent Master
Good for you, little buddy.

Robtard

^This solid and concise post will be ignored because it doesn't fit the narrative the apologist want to push.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
^This solid and concise post will be ignored because it doesn't fit the narrative the apologist want to push. Absolutely ST has been on fire the last few days. thumb up

jaden_2.0
It's quite clearly reverse negative anti-non-unracism.

socool8520
Originally posted by Robtard
^This solid and concise post will be ignored because it doesn't fit the narrative the apologist want to push.

I think it speaks to the much larger problem of poor policing in general. This is in my opinion the larger issue. As we can see, this takes the abuse from a racial issue to more a bad cop issue. If we bring light and cover this injustice, we can work toward eliminating police brutality, which would lessen Black deaths at the hands of police (a positive), and even better, lessen deaths of all races.

StyleTime
Originally posted by dadudemon

Did this white man recently take both Fentanyl and Meth? Did he have heart problems?
Those are also questions you can ask.

Is it a kink? Did he pay uniformed men to dominate him and take a picture for added humiliation he can revisit later? He could be having the orgasm of his life. It's like the guy on that Tosh.0 video who hires jacked dudes to kick his ass in his bedroom.

We just don't know enough about this.
So, kneeling on someone's neck is a 100% valid and legit tactic. only GF dying made it wrong?
The issue is more complicated than your question unfortunately. There is a point where it's clear excessive force, sometimes egregiously so. We can explore the nuance of that if someone finds the background on the image.

Until then, let's avoid this forum's usual quip war.

socool8520
Those are also questions you can ask.

Is it a kink? Did he pay uniformed men to dominate him and take a picture for added humiliation he can revisit later? He could be having the orgasm of his life. It's like the guy on that Tosh.0 video who hires jacked dudes to kick his ass in his bedroom.

We just don't know enough about this.

The issue is more complicated than your question unfortunately. There is a point where it's clear excessive force, sometimes egregiously so. We can explore the nuance of that if someone finds the background on the image.

Until then, let's avoid this forum's usual quip war.

Wouldn't lack of coverage be the reason why you don't know enough about this? which leads to the very question of why isn't it being covered?

It also seems that evidence and background knowledge is not needed all the time. Take that Empire actor's story for instance. People were jumping on the that train without having all the facts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.