Man fired for doing "racist" hand sign. Claims he was just cracking his knuckles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Wrongful termination lawsuit should be following.

SDG&E Worker Fired Over Alleged Racist Gesture Says He Was Cracking Knuckles

"NBC 7 spoke to the man who originally posted the picture on Twitter. He has since deleted his account and said he may have gotten "spun up" about the interaction and misinterpreted it. He says he never intended for Cafferty to lose his job."

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked...

snowdragon
Yeah, I'm sure they "investigated in good faith," how do you even investigate something like that?

BrolyBlack

Surtur
Lol "multiple interviews".

With who? The guy they fired? The guy who posted the tweet?

And for those who don't click the link: this white supremacist is hispanic

So he's like the George Zimmerman type of hispanic right, where he's white under the right circumstances?

Surtur

BrolyBlack
George Zimmerman was white bro. They even changed his face to make him look whitethumb up

SquallX
All I see are dollar signs, and all I hear are Ching Ching in that mans future.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
Wrongful termination lawsuit should be following.

SDG&E Worker Fired Over Alleged Racist Gesture Says He Was Cracking Knuckles

"NBC 7 spoke to the man who originally posted the picture on Twitter. He has since deleted his account and said he may have gotten "spun up" about the interaction and misinterpreted it. He says he never intended for Cafferty to lose his job."

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked...

So a Latino dude who also comes from a multi-race mixed family, is fired for stretching his tendons, just like I did a couple of seconds okay, because his retarded HR department fell for the OK sign WP hoax?

Amazing.

He's better off without them.

Surtur
The guy who took the pic said he didn't intend for the man to get fired, but I don't know. Either he's lying or he's awfully naive.

I think if it turned out this guy was some sort of latino white supremacist and he got fired the guy would be taking a bow over it.

Either way he might have ruined this guys life. I hope he gets his job back or sues and gets a lot of money. Surely the company won't be dumb enough to keep him fired?

cdtm
My hands have pretty bad arthritis. Especially the right, where I smashed my palm as a kid and it never healed right, growing a lot of thick callus like stuff between the thumb and pointer finger.

This results in my pointer and thumb closing up involuntary. Anyone taking a picture could easily argue it as an intentional hand sign.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.