Trump was willing to halt criminal investigations as 'favor' to dictators

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

Surtur
And I'm glad you've acknowledged we need more proof than Bolton saying it happened.

Adam_PoE

ilikecomics
I TOLD YOU GUYS THERE WERE MUSLIM CONCENTRATION CAMPS

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by ilikecomics
I TOLD YOU GUYS THERE WERE MUSLIM CONCENTRATION CAMPS yeah and we agreed, where muslims are in concentration camps.

Old Man Whirly!

dadudemon
Can we stop creating threads like these and put them into their master threads?

All racism threads into one thread.

All pro-anti Trump stuff in the Trump thread.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by dadudemon

All pro-anti Trump stuff in the Trump thread. That is not really going to help nuanced discussion is it?

Scribble
If Bolton can corroborate these claims then holy shit, Trump is probably done. Can't say I'd be surprised, but then again, Bolton is a complete nut.

BrolyBlack

dadudemon
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
That is not really going to help nuanced discussion is it?

Because of all the high-quality nuanced discussion taking place?

Originally posted by Scribble
If Bolton can corroborate these claims then holy shit, Trump is probably done. Can't say I'd be surprised, but then again, Bolton is a complete nut.

thumb up

Some of it would be impeachable offenses. The GOP should get behind impeaching Trump if some of the uglier things are true.

Old Man Whirly!
The Government are worried much of his corroboration uses classified documents and are trying to block release on these grounds Friday.

-Nuanced Discussion.

dadudemon
The Government are worried much of his corroboration uses classified documents and are trying to block release on these grounds Friday.

Then he should just release his book and then Bolton gets charged and executed for high-crimes.

Seems simple enough, right?

Old Man Whirly!
Then he should just release his book and then Bolton gets charged and executed for high-crimes.

Seems simple enough, right? agreed and he gets impeached, win win!

Scribble

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur
I think the fact the US Government is going the official secrets way to stop it gives it credence.

It really doesn't though

Scribble
I think the fact the US Government is going the official secrets way to stop it gives it credence. Could end up being a bit of the Streisand effect? The more they try to hide it, the more it spreads?

Surtur
The problem is Bolton is a disgruntled ex employee who clearly held out to make money. If he was truly the honest person he claims to be he'd be like "yeah, I sat on this info for financial reasons".

Scribble

Surtur

Robtard
A valid point. These silly "tell all" books tend to be very short and written by a ghost writer who juice shit it with input from the person for a quick buck.

Surtur
Not valid in the face of the opportunity to testify and refusal to do so though, sorry Rob

BrolyBlack

Robtard

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Are you forgetting that Trump blocked Bolton in the Senate? Then all but two Republican Senators voted against Bolton testifying? How are you forgetting this?

Honestly, Trump and the Senate Republicans set themselves up to only make Bolton's claims now seem legit.

Are you forgetting he could have testified in the House? How are you forgetting this? Where is that legendary memory?

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Are you forgetting he could have testified in the House? How are you forgetting this? Where is that legendary memory?

Trump blocked Bolton using the powers of the POTUS. The House Democrats would have had to subpoena, then Trump would have sued and it would have gone on forever. Keep imagining though.

Surtur
Ah so that is the excuse you're gonna use now. Okay, I'll allow it.

After all, there was no rush...(unless u wanted to cash in on a book and didn't feel like waiting)

Scribble
How is it not a cash grab when he could have come and testified but chose not to do so? But is willing to spill it all in a book? I don't know, all that legal stuff goes right over my head. It all seems pretty strange, we'll have to see how it turns out, I guess. It's surprising how many enemies Trump has made in the ranks of the GOP though, like everyone seems to have a Trump book now.

Robtard
@surtur How you conveniently forget: Trump falsely claims House Democrats 'never' asked Bolton to testify

House investigators did ask Bolton to testify during the impeachment inquiry last fall, but he declined to testify on instructions from the White House and said he would only testify pursuant to a subpoena if a court weighed in on the issue. The House never subpoenaed Bolton, likely to avoid a drawn-out court battle. -snip

Trump blocked Bolton using the powers of the POTUS

Surtur
I don't know, all that legal stuff goes right over my head. It all seems pretty strange, we'll have to see how it turns out, I guess. It's surprising how many enemies Trump has made in the ranks of the GOP though, like everyone seems to have a Trump book now.

Gotta look at the context, they can shove any insane claim they want into the book(probably why Bolton's is so long) and since it's Trump(and especially in the current atmosphere) you'll always have someone who will believe it and the media will dutifully give you a bunch of interviews, etc. if you have a trump bashing book. Left wing media will act like these stories are true even as they tiptoe around it by saying he "allegedly" did these things.

Scribble
Gotta look at the context, they can shove any insane claim they want into the book(probably why Bolton's is so long) and since it's Trump(and especially in the current atmosphere) you'll always have someone who will believe it and the media will dutifully give you a bunch of interviews, etc. if you have a trump bashing book. Left wing media will act like these stories are true even as they tiptoe around it by saying he "allegedly" did these things. Yeah, I mean tbf I've got to a point where I'm believing very little anymore. I'm trying to follow my intellectual instincts atm in the face of the overwhelming chaos of modern information exchange.

In this case, from what I know so far (which isn't all that much), I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of what's contained in Bolton's book is true.

But yeah, the left-wing MSM will eat it all up regardless of veracity.

Surtur
Yeah, I mean tbf I've got to a point where I'm believing very little anymore. I'm trying to follow my intellectual instincts atm in the face of the overwhelming chaos of modern information exchange.

In this case, from what I know so far (which isn't all that much), I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of what's contained in Bolton's book is true.

But yeah, the left-wing MSM will eat it all up regardless of veracity.

Some could be true, who knows. Problem is Bolton's actions have made it impossible to say what is true or not based on his word alone.

Robtard

All pro-anti Trump stuff in the Trump thread.

^ I agree with this sentiment. Unless it's something fairly huge which needs it's own thread so it can be focused on, we should stop buttfcking the GDF with new threads.

Scribble

All pro-anti Trump stuff in the Trump thread. Originally posted by Robtard
^ I agree with this sentiment. Unless it's something fairly huge which needs it's own thread so it can be focused on, we should stop buttfcking the GDF with new threads. I said this in that thread where I was called a deluded moron lmao

Old Man Whirly!
I am prepared to go along with this DDM, can you keep Broly and Ethneo in line?

Robtard
I said this in that thread where I was called a deluded moron lmao

-You were deluded for believing Broly's excuse/blame-shifting.

-You weren't deluded in saying we should cease with the new thread vomiting.

I'm going to do my part in regards to not making a new thread unless it's something new or something that has a similar thread but is huge.

Surtur
Hell Bolton could have gone on CNN and said these things. He could have written an op-ed and said these things.

He chose instead to write a tell all book. Tells us all we really need to know

Old Man Whirly!

I'm going to do my part in regards to not making a new thread unless it's something new or something that has a similar thread but is huge. I will go along with this as well for the sake of the forum if DDm can keep Broly and Flystar in line.

Scribble

I'm going to do my part in regards to not making a new thread unless it's something new or something that has a similar thread but is huge. And you were deluded for reporting only TI when Whirly was doing the exact same thing, something you have now correctly pointed out is annoying all-round. Does that sound fair?

Old Man Whirly!
And you were deluded for reporting only TI when Whirly was doing the exact same thing, something you have now correctly pointed out is annoying all-round. Does that sound fair? I am sorry you do not like my reaction to forum pollution, if DDM can keep Broly and Flystar inline I am willing to post less threads too.

Robtard
And you were deluded for reporting only TI when Whirly was doing the exact same thing, something you have now correctly pointed out is annoying all-round. Does that sound fair?

Whirly didn't make 20+ threads in a single day about the same subject nor did he necro 30+ threads.

Saying "reported" implies I was trying to get him in trouble, I was not, I was trying to avoid that. I know Imp and TI are friends or friendly so I sent Imp a PM seeing if he could have a nice convo in private because I felt TI was on the edge of reverting back to his old crazy self.

Anyhow, I'm going to send a PM and see if I can get this thread merged with the Bolton Book thread and keep all Bolton book talk in one thread

Scribble
I am sorry you do not like my reaction to forum pollution, if DDM can keep Broly and Flystar online I am willing to post less threads too. thumb up

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
Whirly didn't make 20+ threads in a single day about the same subject nor did he necro 30+ threads.

Saying "reported" implies I was trying to get him in trouble, I was not, I was trying to avoid that. I know Imp and TI are friends or friendly so I sent Imp a PM seeing if he could have a nice convo in private because I felt TI was on the edge of reverting back to his old crazy self.

Anyhow, I'm going to send a PM and see if I can get this thread merged with the Bolton Book thread and keep all Bolton book talk in one thread

Actually he did, he made 20+ threads a day about racism.

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!

Old Man Whirly!
hmmmm as other's have mentioned your post count had been going up... I wasn't going to have all the leftists are this Pizzagate, Obama has a fake birth certificate shit again mate if I was wrong and you weren't buding to that my actions were unnecessary. for post count read thread count.

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!

BrolyBlack
Which is a lie because I Never posted anything about Pizzagate

Scribble
Regardless of anything, I think you guys are in a position to drop it all now, bury the hatchet for the time being?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Which is a lie because I Never posted anything about Pizzagate what about obama being Kenyan and a Muslim with a forged Birth Certificate?

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

Scribble

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!

BrolyBlack
Agreed

Stringer
Keep it up guys. Nothing wrong with gaslighting and trolling. All this debating stuff is for chumps and losers

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

Robtard

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

Robtard
That's not the benign narrative that was pushed though, it was that he still is a Muslim and was pushing to install Sharia law in the US, planning on extending his president indefinitely, supports ISIS. Anyhow, lets leave it, as I don't think you've actually forgotten your previous beliefs.

BrolyBlack
I think he still is Muslim, I have never conceded he's not.

The real question I always asked was why do people have a problem admitting he is, when its pretty well documented.

I dont care that he is, I care about the stupid people that want to deny it just to deny it, to either make themselves feel better or to gaslight.

Robtard

Old Man Whirly!

Robtard
I'm going to download a copy of the book, so I can verity when people start dropping quotes.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm going to download a copy of the book, so I can verity when people start dropping quotes. I'm going to read it if my new paperwhite arrives this week. My old one is not working well.

Mindship
If Bolton can corroborate these claims then holy shit, Trump is probably done.As much as I'd love to agree, I can't. His base will never relent, just like after 150 years you still have those chanting that the South will rise again.

Happened upon this quote the other day. Seems as relevant today as 100 years ago, and no doubt well before that:

"The old world is dying, and a new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters."
-- Antonio Gramsci

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindship
As much as I'd love to agree, I can't. His base will never relent, just like after 150 years you still have those chanting that the South will rise again.

Happened upon this quote the other day. Seems as relevant today as 100 years ago, and no doubt well before that:

"The old world is dying, and a new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters."
-- Antonia Gramsci

While I wholeheartedly agree that his base is a cult and they will never break away from him no matter what as long as he has power, it's not those people that need to be swayed in order for him to lose in 2020. It's the purple voters, the fringe voters, Blue voters who voted for the "anti-establishment outsider" (lol, how did that turn out) in 2016 and the moderate-Right who had have enough of this clownshow.

I forget which Republican election analyst said it, but the 2016 election come to down to something like 70-75k votes across a few states.

Mindship
While I wholeheartedly agree that his base is a cult and they will never break away from him no matter what as long as he has power, it's not those people that need to be swayed in order for him to lose in 2020. It's the purple voters, the fringe voters, Blue voters who voted for the "anti-establishment outsider" (lol, how did that turn out) in 2016 and the moderate-Right who had have enough of this clownshow.
I said to my daughter, who with her BF marched in some of the Brooklyn protests (following safety guidlines ofc), that I hope her generation realizes that protesting will only get you so much. You guys have to get out and vote. No sore-loser-I-didn't-get-Bernie crap.

She said that flyers were being handed out to remind people how important voting is.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindship
I said to my daughter, who with her BF marched in some of the Brooklyn protests (following safety guidlines ofc), that I hope her generation realizes that protesting will only get you so much. You guys have to get out and vote. No sore-loser-I-didn't-get-Bernie crap.

She said that flyers were being handed out to remind people how important voting is.

Agreed thumb up

I wanted Bernie too both in 2016 and 2020, I'm still voting even though I didn't get my wish.

Old Man Whirly!
I just dont get this cult of the "strong man" thing tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.