John Bolton urged to elaborate on Trump-Erdog;an claims

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
John Bolton urged to elaborate on Trump-Erdoğan claims

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/18/john-bolton-urged-to-elaborate-on-trump-erdogan-claims?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy

John Bolton urged to elaborate on Trump-Erdoğan claims
New book claims US president agreed to intervene in federal investigation into Turkish bank

The former US national security adviser John Bolton is facing calls to elaborate on a claim in his new book that Donald Trump agreed to help Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdoğan by intervening in a federal investigation into a Turkish state-owned bank.

In excerpts of the memoir seen by US media, Bolton said Trump appeared to “give personal favours to dictators he liked”, and claimed that during a 2018 phone call Erdoğan sent Trump a memo insisting that the scandal-hit Halkbank was innocent.

“Trump then told Erdoğan he would take care of things, explaining that the southern district prosecutors were not his people but were Obama people, a problem that would be fixed when they were replaced by his people,” Bolton wrote. Erdoğan continued to lobby on behalf of Halkbank during phone calls and in-person conversations throughout 2018 and 2019, he said.

This is the big one.

Surtur
I'm sure they finally have trump now

Old Man Whirly!
He's a slippery one. Let's hope you're right Surt.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm sure they finally have trump now

Lol yeah I doubt it too.

REXXXX
I absolutely want Trump gone, but at this point, the only thing will be the vote him out. I'm not expecting anything else.

Stringer
Originally posted by REXXXX
I absolutely want Trump gone, but at this point, the only thing will be the vote him out. I'm not expecting anything else.

Hey long time! How are you doing?

Ban me for old time sakes. Just for shits and giggles

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Stringer
Hey long time! How are you doing?

Ban me for old time sakes. Just for shits and giggles thumb up laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.