Anyone else get forum nostalgia?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ilikecomics
Every time i log into kmc i click on a few of the birthdays and notice most of them havent been on since 2003 or so.
It feels like i showed up late to a party and it's almost over and the only people left is a table of drunk stragglers.

Does anyone ever just want to send a bunch of random defunct accounts an email to see how theyre doing? Or to get to know them at all.

Ive had this account since 2011 and ive only ever pm'd with squall, mind-set, and galan and all were brief conversations.

Does anyone else feel like theyre alone in a crowded room?

How do people deal with cyber nostalgia?

Could kmc ever get the kind of traffic it used to?

Flyattractor
Forums are on Full Life Support. Just waiting for a bean counter accountant to walk in and pull the plug.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Forums are on Full Life Support. Just waiting for a bean counter accountant to walk in and pull the plug.

Is it because facebook made things like this redundant?

Eon Blue

eThneoLgrRnae
Nope, never get forum nostalgia. At least not for KMC. Only forum nostalgia I ever get is for 2k games forum. Don't think that particular forum exists anymore, unfortunately.

ilikecomics

ilikecomics
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Nope, never get forum nostalgia. At least not for KMC. Only forum nostalgia I ever get is for 2k games forum. Don't think that particular forum exists anymore, unfortunately.

What was the first 2k game you played?

Tzeentch
Sometimes. Most of the people that I have the closest bonds to I managed to stay on top of via Facebook and discord though, so it's not too bad.

I do miss good folks like Omega vision, symmetric chaos and inimalist though.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by ilikecomics
What was the first 2k game you played?

Civilization Revolution, I believe. Was addicted to that game for years on the PS3. Then, about 5 or 6 years ago, the online MP server for the game (Gamespy, I believe it was called) went offline and so I bought an XBOX 360 just so I could keep playing Civ Rev MP.. . That was how good that game was.

The 2kgames forum is where all of us elite players held all of our Civ Rev tournaments...XCOM tournaments as well. Which is an even better game , imo, than Civ Rev was.

Flyattractor
I've been a member of so many Forums I can't remember a 10th of them.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Sometimes. Most of the people that I have the closest bonds to I managed to stay on top of via Facebook and discord though, so it's not too bad.

I know omega visions real name and i specifically remember galan making a joke about how it sounded rich or something like that. He was smart and i said i missed his posts in a thread not too long ago. Im afraid i missed the age of symmetric chaos.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Civilization Revolution, I believe. Was addicted to that game for years on the PS3. Then, about 5 or 6 years ago, the online MP server for the game (Gamespy, I believe it was called) went offline and so I bought an XBOX 360 just so I could keep playing Civ Rev MP.. . That was how good that game was.

The 2kgames forum is where all of us elite players held all of our Civ Rev tournaments...XCOM tournaments as well. Which is an even better game , imo, than Civ Rev was.

I really like all of the resource based point and click games. Civ rev is definitely one of the best i played but i only played it for a little bit when they had it on ps now.

Ive never played xcom but ill check it out on you saying it's good

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I've been a member of so many Forums I can't remember a 10th of them.

I worry the disposability of digital identities erodes some integral part of the human experience.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Tzeentch

I liked most of the above of mentioned posters, though Symmetric Chaos and I disagreed on a bulk of subjects and oftentimes his demeanor was very childish. Omega Vision was truly a great poster and a talented poet, much like myself.

eThneoLgrRnae
I really like all of the resource based point and click games. Civ rev is definitely one of the best i played but i only played it for a little bit when they had it on ps now.

Ive never played xcom but ill check it out on you saying it's good

Keep in mind, when I say XCOM I'm not talking about the most recent game: XCOM 2. The game I loved so much on PS3, and still do, is XCOM: Enemy Within which is basically an expansion game of XCOM:Enemy Unknown.

If you do decide to get it on console, make sure you get the disc and not the DL'able digital game which has a huge problem with a certain important mission in the game.

Don't want to spoil the mission for you but on the digital version it crashed every single time on my PS3 during that mission. I bought the disc though and there was no problems with the mission then.

Flyattractor
I worry the disposability of digital identities erodes some integral part of the human experience.

I don't change my name on any of them. Been Flyattractor since the Dawn of the InterWebs!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.