Is the 'real' world real or not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
As requested, an attempt to gather opinion on the controversial subject on whether the real world in The Matrix is actually real or false (whether being part of a greater Matrix, or there being more than one Matrix, or whatever).

NO replies in this thread please; the debate itself is here:

http://forums.killermovies.com/f42/t6208.html

BTW, please no tiresome discussion on 'what is real?'- you KNOW what the question means.

Tomkat
DON'T FORGET TO POST HOW YOU VOTED!

I voted No.
See thread for reasons.

turin
the real world is real in my opinion and any intelligent person would agree, hehehehe, j/k

Skittles19
it IS real

brownie
Yes I do think there is a real world.

Member.
it's really hard to say. i'd say it is real. but who knows. maybe it's all part of a super-intelligence mainframe that just likes playing games with humans. a matrix inside a matrix. wonder how much memory that would take up...hm...

Telemicus
Real

Wauzer
I think is very real in the context of the story. I had my doubts when I saw what Neo could do in the then "Real World" at the end of Reloaded, but after seeing the part where the Oracle confesses that Neo's mind is trapped inside the matrix as well in the now official(to me anyway) Real World when he came in contact with the source in Enter the Matrix. I was convinced by that. This idea of a Matrix in another Matrix seems a rip off of the movie : Thirteenth Floor if it does eventually happen to be like that. If the Real World does exist as a backup Matrix that the 1% that do reject it can go to, who is to say that there might not be hundreds of others as fail safe. cool

MemphisG1
I agree with Wauzer...saying that the "real world " is part of the matrix sems to easy of an assumption to make...The real world is indeed real...and the difference between Neo and the rest of his past anomoles...is the link he has with Smith...I believe this link is key to the matrix demise...

Tomkat
JUST A REMINDER:

Please only post how you voted.
Explain why in this thread:

http://forums.killermovies.com/f42/t6208.html

Dexx
real..i can't belive you guyz actually have to make a poll for this

Celsius
maybe maybe not, but then again, possibly.
if the world we live in wasnt real then there would not be a matrix move. Why? you ask. because of THIS, speculation.

Member.
the matrix is just a movie, why is so many people making such a big deal out of a stupid movie.

Celsius
what i meant is that AGENTS or other matrix athoraties would not allow a film to be made if it got people talking about rebellion and being free and crap like that.

Belgarion Irongrip
false

EDITED

Ushgarak
Keep your ARGUMENTS about your decision in the relevant thread please.

HeIsTheOne
What is real, how do define real, if your talking about what you can see, taste, touch, then real is just electrical signals inturpeted by your brain.

I vote REAL smokin'

Celsius
i cant say.

EDITED

Ushgarak
Seriously, folks, keep your discourse on this subject in the thread discussing it. This is strictly a yes or no job.

Celsius
EDITED

bogmac
I voted real

Celsius
EDITED

princess leia
*coughs*
real.

Celsius
EDITED

princess leia
EDITED

Ushgarak
Celsius, are you unable to read? I have stated several times VERY clearly that I do not want your arguments about WHY you voted HERE. Keep such comments in the thread I linked to in the first page. That being the case you have no cause for complaint.

Kes
Real smile

In_cite
Not Real

chico23
real world is REAL!!

AliasNeo15
I believe every time Zion is destroyed, The "Real World" is deleted and The Matrix takes over as the new "Real World". Not really but I just wanted somethin different other then: YES its real.

AliasNeo15
It's Real

The Omega
It is real.

jimbo3
I now think the real world is real. After thinking it wasn't for a while.
So I voted Yes.

trav6612
I would have to agree, it is real

LindsIsTightK
I think that anyone who thinks that we might be living in a matrix, gets WAYYYYYY too into those movies, and may need to rethink their priorities.~

EnderWiggen
Real, in a manner of speaking. What if God is just like the Architect? Then what is real, a world made of atoms and molecules following rules that God made, such as death, or a world where a man-made sentient being "god" created an almost exact replica of those same rules?

chica16
I think it's NOT REAL... i don't know why i guess it just seems too normal if it is real

trav6612
I think you misunderstood the thread. It's about whether the real world in the matrix is real or unreal, not our world.

nopy
There is a thread here that is discussing if the matrix is real in our world !!!

Celsius
OH!
OK!
no wonder!
they should have made it clearer. sad

Mr. Anderson
i agree with wauzer
but what does this mean-"Thirteenth Floor if it does eventually happen to be like that."

dekeNEWS
it`s real.

lordnikon
You are missing the point ... the "real world" the one with zion and the santinels is NOT real ... it is another matrix, another method of control.

So ... NO the "real world" is not real

bigbadbike2
Real smile

chica16
i don't know i think it might be real

Slybaghouse
I think my headache's real!

CrazyShady
ITS FUKKIN REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(4 all the retards who think it's all another matrix)

penaeidae
The clue to the answer to this question is found in the fake book Neo removed the software disk from in the beginning of the first movie;(simulacra and simulacrums by Jean Baudrillard). This book discusses the concept of a copy "WITHOUT", an original.

santiago79
if we were in the "matrix", then the agents or whoever controls it would know that the movie would be percieved by all as fiction, except for a small percent and even then those who believed wouldn't have a way to get out of the matrix....so a movie about something hidden from public eye doesn't mean that it will enlighten people because it's percented in a fictional format....does the men in black movies prove that there's no aliens in this world????

Ushgarak
A reminder, people, no debate here, just yes or no answers; there is a thread for debating this.

Korri
i think that the so called real world is just another matrix

Crash_Overload
At fist I beleived in the MWAM theorie. Then i did not beacsue of this thread. Then i did. Now I ma just plain dumbfounded.

Korri
yup i keep saying it

Crash_Overload
Yeah I know, but these are diff threads and Diff people come to them.

Korri
oook

Blue Angel_08
I dont really care but if it is real, COOL!!!
ok it could be

Korri
im unsure now

A Talking Dog
Its so obviously a back-up unit of the greater Matrix somehow explaining why Neo could destroy those sentinals at the end of Reloaded

JavX
I forgot how i voted confused

Sifer
It's the REAL world smile

General Kaliero
I think Neo using his abilities in the "real world" is a sure sign that the "real world" is a back-up Matrix.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.