Star Wars: Dark Legends

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/QEdFKwtl.jpg

Currently set for release on July 28.

Galan007
I thought this painting/teaser was...eh...Interesting...

http://i.imgur.com/ZtDxgLOl.jpg

xPRIMEx
Curved saber lmao

StiltmanFTW
Curved saber and a gollum.

So much win in a single pic.

ares834
"win"

I wish they would put out compelling novels rather than this drivel. But I suppose that's too much to ask for since the Disney buyout.

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
"win"

I wish they would put out compelling novels rather than this drivel. But I suppose that's too much to ask for since the Disney buyout. Apparently there's also going to be werewolves and shit in this, lol. It's like a novelized version of Tales From Vaders Castle. ermm

Sadly we probably won't get anything in the way of legitimate quality until Zahn's next Thrawn novel drops.

Total Warrior
The curved lightsabers kinda bothers me, wtf is that, why...

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Total Warrior
The curved lightsabers kinda bothers me, wtf is that, why...

I mean there were some crazy lightsaber designs prior Canon too.

I dunno though if horror really fits within SW however. I mean....I guess it can, I mean we had Abeloth who looks like some Lovecraft horror and then there's the Death Troopers, along with some beasts who come off as horrorish.

But this strange delving into releasing more of this horror themed stuff seems kinda..off.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I mean there were some crazy lightsaber designs prior Canon too.

I dunno though if horror really fits within SW however. I mean....I guess it can, I mean we had Abeloth who looks like some Lovecraft horror and then there's the Death Troopers, along with some beasts who come off as horrorish.

But this strange delving into releasing more of this horror themed stuff seems kinda..off.

Star Wars has never settled for one type of genre. Star Wars is basically the universe filled with supernatural entities and beings. Star Wars can be any genre a writer wants it to be.

Galan007
Yeah, I mean look at the Bedlam Spirits... Doesn't get anymore random than that.

That being said, I'm also not a huge fan of the horror genre in SW, though it can be decent if done right.

Zenwolf

Freedon Nadd
Death Troopers on Dead Space engine. wink

S_W_LeGenD

Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/AG4c02Al.jpg

Excerpt from the chapter:

Zenwolf

Galan007
The one about Lord Nyax?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
The one about Lord Nyax?

Ah yes! That's the one.

Eli Vanto
I know it's just prelim art, but GI appears to have a different saber there.

Tzeentch
Saber Scimitar is retarded but not as retarded as the saber staff and Lumiya's saber whip.

Eli Vanto
I don't even understand the mechanics of a scimitar style blade. How the hell does it curve like that?

Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/ZtDxgLOl.jpg *spoilers*

Total Warrior
Neat

Galan007
Noctyss herself was evidently quite powerful as well:

"Noctyss's capacity for channeling the dark side of the Force seemed almost limitless, and all who stood in her way soon wilted It was said that, in those early days, Darth Noctyss might have conquered the entire galaxy, forging a brutal realm of the Sith that would have dominated for eons--if only she had had a mind to do it."

But like Plagueis and Palpatine, her undoing was ultimately in her lust for immortality.

Eli Vanto
Hmm. So does that mean this Darth Noctyss and Darth Sanguis also discovered the key to immortality?

And I assume this is set in the Old Republic right?

Galan007
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Hmm. So does that mean this Darth Noctyss and Darth Sanguis also discovered the key to immortality? Well *A* version of immortality, at least -- one that mutated Sanguis and Noctyss into Gollum-esque creatures and trapped them in a perpetual state of agony:
"It was nothing but a wretch, the very dregs of life, a thing so broken that it barely clung to its existence."

Still a far cry from the immortality(via essence transfer) that Plagueis discovered and taught to Palpatine, or the immortality(via temporal resurrection) that Momin was capable of.

And I assume this is set in the Old Republic right?
Yeah, it's set in ancient times: "Long ago, when the galaxy was young and the stars burned bright and new."

There was also a reference to an immense order of Sith who lived during the reign of Noctyss:
"She would take her place at the head of a vast realm of the Sith, and all her many subjects would be shown their place, would kneel before her in gratitude for their enlightenment."

So it definitely takes place in the pre-Bane era.

Galan007
Gotta say... This was actually a fun read for the most part, and introduces several new characters/concepts(mostly on the dark side of things.)

-There's Jedi purge survivor named Kira Vantala, who actually bests the Grand Inquisitor in combat after he began stealing Force-sensitive children and taking them to a Sith Temple.
-There's a skull-like Sith mask purchased from Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities on Batuu, which essentially possesses the current wearer, and allows them to see the experiences of previous wearers.
-There's the entire "Blood Moon" chapter, which is honestly really good and highly recommended. A star that once held the purest heart of kyber galaxy has fractured as a result of wars during the Old Republic. As such, the star began 'bleeding', which wiped out the orbiting planet and said energies also have very...strange residual effects on the crews who visit the planet afterward.
-There's a story that is seemingly set in the Old Republic era, which introduces a Jedi named Nil Idyth(who is revered as a high-level Master with perfect control over his emotions.) However, Nil wears a kyber amulet that he's been using to transfer all of his dark emotions into... And when he is killed, his Padawan(named Sol Mogra) begins wearing the amulet, and is corrupted by the dark emotions within it.
-Darth Caldoth makes another appearance, and ends up mind-raping a Nightsister into oblivion(Caldoth is the same guy who turned his apprentice into stone with a Sith ritual during Myths & Fables.)
-And then of course there's the faux-immortality story of Darth Sanguis and Darth Noctyss.

Definitely a very dark, horror-themed book. Enjoyable overall, imo. thumb up

Eli Vanto
Gotta say... This was actually a fun read for the most part, and introduces several new characters/concepts(mostly on the dark side of things.)

-There's Jedi purge survivor named Kira Vantala, who actually bests the Grand Inquisitor in combat after he began stealing Force-sensitive children and taking them to a Sith Temple.
-There's a skull-like Sith mask purchased from Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities on Batuu, which essentially possesses the current wearer, and allows them to see the experiences of previous wearers.
-There's the entire "Blood Moon" chapter, which is honestly really good and highly recommended. A star that once held the purest heart of kyber galaxy has fractured as a result of wars during the Old Republic. As such, the star began 'bleeding', which wiped out the orbiting planet and said energies also have very...strange residual effects on the crews who visit the planet afterward.
-There's a story that is seemingly set in the Old Republic era, which introduces a Jedi named Nil Idyth(who is revered as a high-level Master with perfect control over his emotions.) However, Nil wears a kyber amulet that he's been using to transfer all of his dark emotions into... And when he is killed, his Padawan(named Sol Mogra) begins wearing the amulet, and is corrupted by the dark emotions within it.
-Darth Caldoth makes another appearance, and ends up mind-raping a Nightsister into oblivion(Caldoth is the same guy who turned his apprentice into stone with a Sith ritual during Myths & Fables.)
-And then of course there's the faux-immortality story of Darth Sanguis and Darth Noctyss.

Definitely a very dark, horror-themed book. Enjoyable overall, imo. thumb up I wasnt planning on reading this book, but all this sounds pretty interesting. I might just read it afterall.

Total Warrior

Definitely a very dark, horror-themed book. Enjoyable overall, imo. thumb up Oh another Jedi Purge survivor, good. The GI would need some more wins though, he's the leader of the inquisitorius after all. Also Darth Caldoth really sound interesting, I just mentioned him some days ago in my thread about the strongest dark siders in canon. Is there a site in particular from which you read this book? Or you phisically bought it?

Galan007
I wasnt planning on reading this book, but all this sounds pretty interesting. I might just read it afterall. It's worth reading, imo.

Oh another Jedi Purge survivor, good. The GI would need some more wins though, he's the leader of the inquisitorius after all. Also Darth Caldoth really sound interesting, I just mentioned him some days ago in my thread about the strongest dark siders in canon. Is there a site in particular from which you read this book? Or you phisically bought it? I bought it a few days ago on Kindle. There are free links available for it now, though.

The more I see of Darth Caldoth, the more impressive he gets. The mind-f*ckery he pulled on the Nightsister was glorious:

Caldoth essentially isolated Zeldin's mind from her physical body, and kept her consciousness imprisoned in a perpetual state of torment within his own mind. Permanently.

...And mind you, Zeldin was also being amped by an entire coven of Nightsisters there.

Total Warrior
Caldoth sounds like one of those extremely powerful sith lords we have in the legends continuity, like ludo kressh, tulak hord, nadd etc

Total Warrior
Instead of wasting time on Doctor Aphra, they should start writing stories about the ancient jedi and sith

Galan007
Caldoth sounds like one of those extremely powerful sith lords we have in the legends continuity, like ludo kressh, tulak hord, nadd etc Caldoth and Noctyss both come off as immensely powerful Sith, tbh, and also seem to have very interesting backstories. Full-length novels centered around either of them could be really good, imo.

Instead of wasting time on Doctor Aphra, they should start writing stories about the ancient jedi and sith Doctor Aphra just won a GLAAD award(wish I were joking):
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/star-wars-doctor-aphra-wins-glaad-media-award-for-outstanding-comic-book

So Disney definitely isn't going to stop cramming her down our throats now. If anything, the Aphra series will just become even more #Woke than ever. ermm

Sheev
-There's a skull-like Sith mask purchased from Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities on Batuu, which essentially possesses the current wearer, and allows them to see the experiences of previous wearers. Haven't read this myself yet, but this sounds an awful lot like the mask of Lord Momin. mmm

And this Darth Caldoth sounds intriguing. What other stories has he been in?

Galan007
Originally posted by Sheev
Haven't read this myself yet, but this sounds an awful lot like the mask of Lord Momin. mmm

And this Darth Caldoth sounds intriguing. What other stories has he been in? It's definitely not Momin's mask:
https://i.imgur.com/y2MMKkn.jpg

Darth Caldoth made his debut in Myths & Fables(specifically the chapter "Gaze of Stone".) He was also mentioned briefly in Dooku: Jedi Lost.

Zenwolf

Doctor Aphra just won a GLAAD award(wish I were joking):
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/star-wars-doctor-aphra-wins-glaad-media-award-for-outstanding-comic-book

So Disney definitely isn't going to stop cramming her down our throats now. If anything, the Aphra series will just become even more #Woke than ever. ermm

......Riiiight...

Galan007
Great time to be a SW fan, amiright?

ermm

Eli Vanto
It's definitely not Momin's mask:
https://i.imgur.com/y2MMKkn.jpg

Darth Caldoth made his debut in Myths & Fables(specifically the chapter "Gaze of Stone".) He was also mentioned briefly in Dooku: Jedi Lost. I don't remember Caldoth being mentioned in Jedi Lost?? confused

Galan007
The "Bestiary of Darth Caldoth"(or something close to that) was referenced when Dooku was exploring the Jedi archives.

It was more of an easter egg than anything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.