Washing Post gets woman fired

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
The Washington Post's Halloween Costume Hit Job Is a New Low for Cancel Culture

This is getting out of control.

She wore a blackface halloween costume 2 years ago. It was mocking Megyn Kelly.

The most pathetic people in the world couldn't let it go, so brought it up 2 years later.

Now she has been fired.

dadudemon
Social Media, Faux-Self-Righteousness, and cancel culture strike again.

Garrett Brow
This is very strange!

samhain
Why did they wait 2 years? Couldn't she possibly sue due to the fact she was allowed to carry on working for 2 years after the incident? I mean, it's in poor taste and she should know better but I see no reason why she should be sacked 2 years after the fact.

Surtur
Originally posted by samhain
Why did they wait 2 years? Couldn't she possibly sue due to the fact she was allowed to carry on working for 2 years after the incident? I mean, it's in poor taste and she should know better but I see no reason why she should be sacked 2 years after the fact.

I doubt she informed her employer of the incident. Apparently she left in tears. She didn't work for the Washington Post, she attended a party hosted by someone who did. Some people are still so triggered they had to write an article about this in the WP 2 years later, I guess cuz...George Floyd?

Then when the women lets her own employer know about the upcoming Post article, they fire her.

Basically her crime was a joke costume done in poor taste in proximity to someone connected to the WP.

Surtur

Surtur
"Employees of The Washington Post, including a prominent host, were involved in this incident, which impelled us to tell the story ourselves thoroughly and accurately while allowing all involved to have their say," the Post spokesperson told Fox News. "The piece conveys with nuance and sensitivity the complex, emotionally fraught circumstances that unfolded at the party attended by media figures only two years ago where an individual in blackface was not told promptly to leave."

Translation: terrible people work at the washington post, and that terribleness has nothing to do with them failing to kick a woman in blackface out of a party

And I bet you they were bullied into this out of fear *they* would be called racist if they didn't write about it. So they used their paper to toss an innocent person under the bus.

dadudemon

Adam_PoE
Conservatives are supposed to support Right to Work. So why all the bellyaching about it?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Conservatives are supposed to support Right to Work. So why all the bellyaching about it?

Here are my thoughts on her firing:

Originally posted by dadudemon
Social Media, Faux-Self-Righteousness, and cancel culture strike again.

jaden_2.0
Shakes fist, gets angry when Justin Trudeau DOESN'T get fired for blackface.

Shakes fist, gets angry when someone else DOES get fired for blackface.

Peculiar.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden_2.0

Peculiar.

You messed up the Charlie Kirk meme. It should end in "curious." It's a pretty good meme, too:

https://i.imgur.com/18pn7s7.png

Old Man Whirly!

Peculiar. Did he really? Doesn't suprise me.

Surtur

Peculiar.

Dude is a public figure, that is the difference.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Surtur
Dude is a public figure, that is the difference. Actually not an untrue point, but is it worse than a President who incites violence against minorities?

Surtur
i honestly don't feel anyone should truly be canceled for blackface from years ago, i just loved pointing out the hypocrisy

Old Man Whirly!
i honestly don't feel anyone should truly be canceled for blackface from years ago, i just loved pointing out the hypocrisy fair enough, I don't feel it has a place in modern society, but that's me. I think certain things are mildly distasteful, but yes sacking is perhaps OTT. Wages docked, fine imo. No one should lose theirblively good for such stupidity.

Adam_PoE
i honestly don't feel anyone should truly be canceled for blackface from years ago, i just loved pointing out the hypocrisy

Where is the hypocrisy? Justin Trudeau is Prime Minister of Canada. The Washington Post is a Washington, D.C. newspaper. How is the HR department at the Washington Post supposed to fire Justin Trudeau exactly?

Surtur
I never said they could. The hypocrisy was from those who'd demand resignation, etc. of a republican did it.

Adam_PoE
I never said they could. The hypocrisy was from those who'd demand resignation, etc. of a republican did it.

People did demand that Trudeau resign. What is your point?

Trocity
Well, my black ass ain't moving from my bean bag chair until you all figure out my cut of the reparations going forward.

We got you crackas on the ropes! laughing out loud

SquallX
Originally posted by Trocity
Well, my black ass ain't moving from my bean bag chair until you all figure out my cut of the reparations going forward.

We got you crackas on the ropes! laughing out loud

So how much RESTITUTIONS do you think we truly deserve my brother?!

I personally will not be settling for less than a Million I say! A million!

truejedi
To be fair, the WP didnt fire her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.