3 stabbed dead in UK park

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Police are treating it as a terror incident, a Libyan man has been arrested.

Surtur
A Libyan?

Hmm, I wonder...

eThneoLgrRnae
That's racist and biggoted, Surtur.

How dare you wonder what his race or religion might've been. The media would've reported what is was if it was important, right? laughing

Oh, that's right... only if he was a "Christian" and/or white person.... otherwise, nah, details like that aren't important.

Scribble
Have you got a link for this? Was this today?

If so that's ****ing scary, I was in a UK park today

Insane Titan

Surtur
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-berkshire-53123975

Scribble
That's horrible. I hate what's happening to this country.

LordofBrooklyn
Guns are so prevalent here that the notion of multiple deaths at the hands of a stabbing seems so surreal.

Surtur
Originally posted by Scribble
That's horrible. I hate what's happening to this country.

your racism is noted

cdtm
Originally posted by Surtur
A Libyan?

Hmm, I wonder...

One of the victims:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/97/Doc_Brown.JPG

Scribble
Originally posted by Surtur
your racism is noted Although you're obviously joking, I should make clear that I will never kowtow to any position that tries to guilt me into thinking that my stance against mass immigration from homogeneously Muslim (but racially diverse) countries is racist.

Surtur
Although you're obviously joking, I should make clear that I will never kowtow to any position that tries to guilt me into thinking that my stance against mass immigration from homogeneously Muslim (but racially diverse) countries is racist.

I mean it's less racist and more common sense, buut some people these days will call that racist

Old Man Whirly!
He should have the full weight of the law thrown at him unless he is mentally Ill, then he should be charged as mentally Ill, and his sentence should reflect this.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by cdtm
One of the victims:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/97/Doc_Brown.JPG

laughing laughing

It's all good though. Good ol' Doc Brown will be saved by time travel.

jaden_2.0
What's really going to bake your noodle later on is "would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?"

Flyattractor
Its only a Hate Crime when committed by a White Man of Christian Belief right?

That is how the Law is written now , right?

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Flyattractor

That is how the Law is written now , right?

Correct, Fly.

Old Man Whirly!

That is how the Law is written now , right? this is probably a terrorist act which by default is triggered by hate and will likely be dealt with by terrorism legislation. What a weird post.

Flyattractor
But the Press and UK Legal System Won't See it that way.

I am sure this story will be swept under the rug...like So Many Others.

Old Man Whirly!

I am sure this story will be swept under the rug...like So Many Others. of course it won't.

Insane Titan

I am sure this story will be swept under the rug...like So Many Others. no doubt the press will play it down to a extant. I doubt it will get as big of a headline as the clashes at the memorials got.

eThneoLgrRnae
If the perpetrator was white or claimed to be a Christian I bet it would though.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
If the perpetrator was white or claimed to be a Christian I bet it would though. That agenda would be pushed to the maximum.

Darth Thor
Horrible. Poor guys just went to relax in the park during lockdown.

And who would expect a terrorist attack in Reading?

Im surprised they took him into custody though. They usually shoot these guys on the spot.

Insane Titan
Turns out he was a asylum seeker, no surprise then.

Darth Thor

I am sure this story will be swept under the rug...like So Many Others.

Its on the news right now and weve all been told its a terrorist attack.

Islamic Terrorists have always been highlighted as just that by the media and government. Theyre never downplayed.

Although granted they seem to have dropped the word “Islamic” in recent years. But we all know the kind of terrorism it is.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Turns out he was a asylum seeker, no surprise then.

Police say Reading stabbings now treated as a terrorist incident - live updates

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/jun/21/police-launch-inquiry-after-three-killed-in-reading-rampage?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy

Declared a terrorist incident.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Police say Reading stabbings now treated as a terrorist incident - live updates

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/jun/21/police-launch-inquiry-after-three-killed-in-reading-rampage?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy

Declared a terrorist incident. police have now said he was a asylum seeker too.

SquallX

Darth Thor

SquallX

Darth Thor

SquallX

Darth Thor
He has mental health issues:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8448703/amp/Police-stopped-Reading-terror-suspect-Khairi-Saadallah-day-attack.html

Artol

Insane Titan
Suspect was already know to MI5 because of suspected activities
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-53129046

Old Man Whirly!
He should have the full weight of the law thrown at him unless he is mentally Ill, then he should be charged as mentally Ill, and his sentence should reflect this.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He has mental health issues:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8448703/amp/Police-stopped-Reading-terror-suspect-Khairi-Saadallah-day-attack.html

Called it.

Darth Thor
Oh, that's right... only if he was a "Christian" and/or white person.... otherwise, nah, details like that aren't important.

Out of curiosity, did somebody confirm he wasnt Christian?

Old Man Whirly!
Out of curiosity, did somebody confirm he wasnt Christian? nope, but likely he isn't that said Libya does have a Coptic chapter. I think they are Syrian orthodox off shoot but I can't swear to it.

Darth Thor
nope, but likely he isn't that said Libya does have a Coptic chapter. I think they are Syrian orthodox off shoot but I can't swear to it.

Well apparently he converted to Christianity 3 years ago:

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/22/reading-attack-terrorism-tragedy

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11916094/reading-terror-suspect-khairi-saadallah-prison-violence-libya-killer/amp/

^ Its a single line on the Sun and Daily Mail articles.

Granted could have been part of some big plan to get Asylum. But doesnt look like this was a plot years in the making.

But go back now and read this thread just to laugh at the immediate assumptions based on his racial profile.

Insane Titan

ilikecomics
The right wingers probably think that because stuff like this happens in the uk quite frequently

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7901731/Police-chief-admitted-force-ignored-sex-abuse-grooming-gangs-30-years.html

ilikecomics
Squall killin it tho woof woof

Darth Thor

eThneoLgrRnae
Convert to Christianity , my ass. I bet you're one of those idiots who also buys into the blatant lie that Adolf Hitler was a "Christian" as well lol.

Insane Titan

Darth Thor
Convert to Christianity , my ass. I bet you're one of those idiots who also buys into the blatant lie that Adolf Hitler was a "Christian" as well lol.

Butthurt much?

You have proof he wasnt Christian. Please provide it.

Darth Thor

Scribble
But go back now and read this thread just to laugh at the immediate assumptions based on his racial profile. It's a completely warranted assumption based on previous similar attacks.

Darth Thor
It's a completely warranted assumption based on previous similar attacks.

Not really, no. Facts matter.

And if you're going to decide motives based on racial profiles, then you might as well just come out and admit that it's not muslims you're against or afraid of, but people of a particular race.

Or just admit it was wrong of you to jump to conclusions without the full facts.

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

cdtm
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Guns are so prevalent here that the notion of multiple deaths at the hands of a stabbing seems so surreal.

This is also why gun rights are defended.

Because a single gun can protect you against three knives.

Or one OJ Simpson.

If a pro level athlete in the same room as you wants you dead, you're dead, unless you have a gun.

Old Man Whirly!
It's a completely warranted assumption based on previous similar attacks. no assumption is warranted in these incidents except mental illness, which I made and proved correct.

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

Old Man Whirly!
Lol he was Christian. It's frankly retarded asking me for proof it wasn't a deceit. But unlike you my mind isn't made up, and I already acknowledged IT COULD BE A RUSE. But I doubt it given it wasn't a very thought out attack.

The 3 victims were also gay. All you are proving is that the attack could potentially have been a racist or homophobic attack. But you have zero proof it was an Islamist attack.

It's not a moot point at all since you're the one claiming his conversion must have been a sham, presumably because you don't think a Christian Libyan could do such a thing.

There have been killings by Far Right groups. There's plenty of stabbings in the UK.

But your point is still moot given they still haven't confirmed the motive, but they are convinced there's no one else to find.

It's also moot because you jumped on this story as soon as we found out the perpetrator was Libyan, and began ranting how the bias media will downplay his true agenda (you clearly meant an Islamist agenda).

I didn't ignore it at all. I acknowledged it by countering with the fact that Christians also kill in the name of Religion. That's very different however to practising the religion.

And of course I condemn his killing you f***ing moron. Why the f*** should I even need to say I condemn it?! The Central African Republic has a lot of Cristians murdering right now. Hell, one reasons for the issues in Northern Ireland was Protestant/Catholic divide. Although it's a lot more complicated than that. As you allude this Alt-right dog whistling is a very big problem amongst a section of individuals online.

eThneoLgrRnae
@DarthThor: Yes, I agree that many atrocities throughout history have been committed in the name of Christ but I highly doubt those who carried them out truly were saved/filled with the Holy Spirit. Jesus Himself certainly never would've condoned any of those horrible acts.

Anyone can call themselves a Christian but it doesn't mean they actually are one. The Bible says that we will know them by their fruit. People who callously slaughter other human beings in cold blood are not bearing good fruit.

For example, despite what those on the left try to get people to believe, Hitler was about as far from being a Christian as a person could possibly be. He actually secretly hated Christianity.

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

Darth Thor
@DarthThor: Yes, I agree that many atrocities throughout history have been committed in the name of Christ but I highly doubt those who carried them out truly were saved/filled with the Holy Spirit. Jesus Himself certainly never would've condoned any of those horrible acts.

Anyone can call themselves a Christian but it doesn't mean they actually are one. The Bible says that we will know them by their fruit. People who callously slaughter other human beings in cold blood are not bearing good fruit.

For example, despite what those on the left try to get people to believe, Hitler was about as far from being a Christian as a person could possibly be. He actually secretly hated Christianity.

I never said otherwise. But the exact same applies to Muslims who commit those kind of crimes.

Contrary to common belief amongst conservatives, Muhmmad did not allow the killing of women, children or the elderly during warfare. That's pretty clear.

Scribble
Not really, no. Facts matter.

And if you're going to decide motives based on racial profiles, then you might as well just come out and admit that it's not muslims you're against or afraid of, but people of a particular race.

Or just admit it was wrong of you to jump to conclusions without the full facts. We didn't have any facts at that point, it was speculation. There have been many Islamic terrorist attacks in the UK in the past few years. The attacker was Libyan.

"By far the predominant religion in Libya is Islam with 97% of the population associating with the faith." Source: http://muslimpopulation.com/africa/Libya/Religion%20in%20Libya.php

It was a completely warranted assumption based on previous similar attacks.

Old Man Whirly!
We didn't have any facts at that point, it was speculation. There have been many Islamic terrorist attacks in the UK in the past few years. The attacker was Libyan.

"By far the predominant religion in Libya is Islam with 97% of the population associating with the faith." Source: http://muslimpopulation.com/africa/Libya/Religion%20in%20Libya.php

It was a completely warranted assumption based on previous similar attacks. Mentally Ill people as I suggested do this sort of thing more often than any other group and cross racial/religious boundaries. To be honest most of the far right killers are also nutty, they are all as Bannon has stated easy to radicalise online.

Darth Thor

Scribble

Darth Thor

Darth Thor
We didn't have any facts at that point, it was speculation. There have been many Islamic terrorist attacks in the UK in the past few years. The attacker was Libyan.

It was a completely warranted assumption based on previous similar attacks.

There have been many stabbings every year by all sorts of individuals.

You guys were on this before it was even labelled a terror attack.

If you were to assume, yes more chance of him being Muslim. What you don't seem to get though is that you shouldn't have assumed. Still wouldn't mean he did it for Islam, and not because he was mentally ill.

You simply racially profiled him when you should have waited for the facts.

And your very argument here suggests you think it's perfectly okay for you to racially profile instead of waiting for the facts. You were going on about banning muslim immigration.

And that's where your being against muslims starts to get racist, whether you are aware of it or not.

Old Man Whirly!

Scribble
There have been many stabbings every year by all sorts of individuals.

You guys were on this before it was even labelled a terror attack.

If you were to assume, yes more chance of him being Muslim. What you don't seem to get though is that you shouldn't have assumed. Still wouldn't mean he did it for Islam, and not because he was mentally ill.

You simply racially profiled him when you should have waited for the facts.

And your very argument here suggests you think it's perfectly okay for you to racially profile instead of waiting for the facts. You were going on about banning muslim immigration.

And that's where your being against muslims starts to get racist, whether you are aware of it or not. Everybody assumes things about breaking stories. Everybody on this forum assumes things about breaking stories on a regular basis. Is it 'wrong'? It can be. But I highly doubt you're innocent of that. It's fine to be wrong once in a while, though.

There's nothing to learn from this. The next time something like this happens, I will assume it to be an Islamic terrorist attack, and the chances are that I'll be correct. Being wrong here is the exception, and a great many miles from the rule.

I still hate what's happening to my country with mass immigration, regardless of this event's impact on it; and, in fact, it doesn't matter what religion this man was, mass immigration was still the root cause of the innocent lives lost.

Scribble
Joe Cox wasn't or wasn't that a major one. Probably the biggest shooting spree was the guy up north with his list. Plenty of exceptions; none of them are the rule, though. The rule is Islamic terror attacks.

Scribble
yeah, they racially profiled him. 'Libyan' isn't a race, it's not even necessarily an ethnicity (someone could come from Libya and not be ethnically Libyan, they could be ethnically Egyptian or Algerian, for example). 97% of people from Libya are Muslim.

The chances of the killer being Muslim were staggering high, and the attack was reminiscent of other recent attacks. It was fair and understandable, if ultimately incorrect, to assume he was Muslim.

It wasn't racial profiling, it was a case of incredibly simple common sense being wrong.

As I said before, I've assumed before and was almost always correct, I'll assume the same next time, and I'll probably be correct. I was correct when I lived through the 7/7 attacks, I was correct when I heard about the Manchester bombing, I was correct when I heard about the London Bridge attack, and I was correct countless of other times. Being wrong once doesn't shatter my basis of assumptions, nor should it: it's a reasonable and usually correct assumption to make in the current state of the UK.

Insane Titan

Old Man Whirly!
'Libyan' isn't a race, it's not even necessarily an ethnicity (someone could come from Libya and not be ethnically Libyan, they could be ethnically Egyptian or Algerian, for example). 97% of people from Libya are Muslim.

The chances of the killer being Muslim were staggering high, and the attack was reminiscent of other recent attacks. It was fair and understandable, if ultimately incorrect, to assume he was Muslim.

It wasn't racial profiling, it was a case of incredibly simple common sense being wrong.

As I said before, I've assumed before and was almost always correct, I'll assume the same next time, and I'll probably be correct. I was correct when I lived through the 7/7 attacks, I was correct when I heard about the Manchester bombing, I was correct when I heard about the London Bridge attack, and I was correct countless of other times. Being wrong once doesn't shatter my basis of assumptions, nor should it: it's a reasonable and usually correct assumption to make in the current state of the UK. its a nationality with a mainly african arabic muslim makeup. However I have stated they have orthodoxy there. Your splitting hairs, he wasn't in Libya. I've been there a few times btw.

Insane Titan

Scribble

Old Man Whirly!

Darth Thor

Scribble
You are splitting hairs mate. If you consider more detailed analysis to be 'splitting hairs' then fair enough, but I prefer more nuance in my life. I'm not letting people box me as a racist or racial profiler just because they don't like nuance.

I didn't racially profile the attacker as I came from a more rational perspective than that, which I have quite clearly explained, imo.

Darth Thor
Everybody assumes things about breaking stories. Everybody on this forum assumes things about breaking stories on a regular basis. Is it 'wrong'? It can be. But I highly doubt you're innocent of that. It's fine to be wrong once in a while, though.

There's nothing to learn from this. The next time something like this happens, I will assume it to be an Islamic terrorist attack, and the chances are that I'll be correct. Being wrong here is the exception, and a great many miles from the rule.

I still hate what's happening to my country with mass immigration, regardless of this event's impact on it; and, in fact, it doesn't matter what religion this man was, mass immigration was still the root cause of the innocent lives lost.

Then make it about mass immigration and not about muslim immigration. You got Brexit, you're getting the Australian based points system. But it's not enough. Will a muslim ban be enough? I doubt it.

But would be pretty hypocritical of us not to take on Libyan refugees after we go screw up their country by invading.

Unfortunately that can also give motivation to attack us.

Old Man Whirly!
Then make it about mass immigration and not about muslim immigration. You got Brexit, you're getting the Australian based points system. But it's not enough. Will a muslim ban be enough? I doubt it.

But would be pretty hypocritical of us not to take on Libyan refugees after we go screw up their country by invading.

Unfortunately that can also give motivation to attack us. to be honest, the split from Europe pushes the UK towards commonwealth nations in Africa and Asia meeting Muslim immigration will go up. The Brexiteers didn't think of that.

Scribble

Unfortunately that can also give motivation to attack us. Pray tell, what is my "true agenda"? Keep in mind, I voted 'Remain'.

Insane Titan

Darth Thor
Pray tell, what is my "true agenda"? Keep in mind, I voted 'Remain'.

You said you were against Immigration. Specifically muslim immigration.

Going by your own posts. Not just making up some conspiracy about you.

Interesting though you voted Remain. Most people against immigration voted Leave.

Darth Thor

Scribble

Insane Titan

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

Insane Titan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.