Classic Thor vs Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
No stips, no bfr, who wins?

StiltmanFTW
Blue Marvel eats him

KingD19
Adam violently explains to Thor why he's non-religious.

celeyhyga17
Hrodr's Foeman

Booya_69
Good sparring match for Thor. Hard fight for Adam. Thor 8/10

KingD19
Originally posted by Booya_69
Good sparring match for Thor. Hard fight for Adam. Thor 8/10

Any particular reason you think Adam can only get 2 after a hard fight?

Booya_69

celeyhyga17
Hey new guy.

Welcome to the Thorcorp

StiltmanFTW
Celey, stop making sock accounts!

Adam Grimes
Thor one-shots.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Thor one-shots.

Himself?

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Himself? Probably, but BM would end up dying from the shockwave anyway, me thinks. 🤔

MrMind
I love you Grimes, will you fondle my balls love

CosmicComet
Only after Adam bends him over and sodomizes thor

celeyhyga17
Celey, stop making sock accounts!
laughing

Booya_69
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Hey new guy.

Welcome to the Thorcorp

🍻 *roaring thunder*

lawest9
Blue Marvel eats him Oh boy here we go...........🙄

Parmaniac
laughing out loud

deft
Blue Marvel eats him

Stoic
They both fougnt Pagan. One beat him, the other couldn't.

DarkSaint85
BM uses energy antimatter blasts a lot more than Pagan though.

And Classic Thor is pretty good against energy blasts with Mjolnir.

-K-M-

celeyhyga17
thumb up

Beat me to it.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
BM uses energy antimatter blasts a lot more than Pagan though.

And Classic Thor is pretty good against energy blasts with Mjolnir.

BM didn't punch Pagan who out-punched Thor? No matter how many panels were shown, Pagan's defeat was one of several of BM's achievements. Kind of like the pyramid lift, and the Navy assist. He took Pagan solo, while an entire powerful team of Avengers were unable to do so.

DarkSaint85
But they are not just punching, it's not a slugfest.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Stoic
He took Pagan solo There is no reason to assume this.

DarkSaint85
Lol just had a look because it's been a while since I read it.

Age of Heroes #3.

It's literally one panel of him punching Pagan. THAT'S it.

Adam Grimes
Is it at least stated that BM beat him or it's just wishful thinking?

DarkSaint85
It just shows him being a punched.

That's what being Blue Marvel is all about.

Stoic
It shows him doing damage control, and Pagan was part of that damage control. It's like the labors of Hercules. Do we see Hercules from start to end cleaning the stalls? Do we see him defeating the Nemean Lion? We just know that he completed his labors. Pagan was defeated, just like the pyramid was lifted, and the Navy was successfully aided.

DarkSaint85
It shows him doing damage control, and Pagan was part of that damage control. It's like the labors of Hercules. Do we see Hercules from start to end cleaning the stalls? Do we see him defeating the Nemean Lion? We just know that he completed his labors. Pagan was defeated, just like the pyramid was lifted, and the Navy was successfully aided.
We are told that Herc cleaned the stables.

We are told he defeated the Nemean Lion, even wearing it's pelt after.

Were we told Pagan was outpunched? Because that is what your thesis is hinging on.

Stoic
We are told that Herc cleaned the stables.

We are told he defeated the Nemean Lion, even wearing it's pelt after.

Were we told Pagan was outpunched? Because that is what your thesis is hinging on.

Did I say that BM out-punched Pagan, or did I say that Pagan out-punched Thor? Read what I said. BM completed all of those trials, but I guess we should make believe that Pagan wasn't part of those trials, and that he was the only one out of those trials that he didn't complete. He kicked his ass in my book, see it how you want. Free world.

DarkSaint85
Did I say that BM out-punched Pagan, or did I say that Pagan out-punched Thor? Read what I said. BM completed all of those trials, but I guess we should make believe that Pagan wasn't part of those trials, and that he was the only one out of those trials that he didn't complete. He kicked his ass in my book, see it how you want. Free world.

Ah ok, so you're now moving from 'BM defeated Pagan' to 'BM punched Pagan'.

Cool. Agree with you 100%. BM did indeed punch Pagan. But that's it.

Stoic
Moving from. No. Do you have difficulty comprehending what you read? Do you? BM beat Pagan which was another trial completed of a string of trials that he completed. That's what I'm saying. You don't have to agree.

DarkSaint85
Ok. Post the scan showing he beat Pagan solo, or even HOW he beat him.

Then we can see if it is even remotely applicable and analagous to Thor's fight.

Stoic
Ok, go back to what I wrote and understand that Pagan's defeat was one of several trials that BM overcame. Yeah, and no I'm not posting scans. I have no way of doing that currently. So if you'd like to post all of the trials that he completed, knock yourself out. Either way it won't change my mind on the subject.

DarkSaint85
Pagan is not in this thread, so you shouldn't mention him. As per your other post, lol.

Stoic
They both fought him. One was unable to beat him, while the other was. That's my honest opinion. You should try it some time. Honesty I mean.

DarkSaint85
You're weird, lol.

-K-M-

TheHulkster
If Pagan is a common opponent of the two combatants, why wouldn't he be mentionable?

DarkSaint85
Nice to see that's what you latched on.

Because Stoic in another thread told me off for using Sue's showings against Sentry...... because Sentry wasn't in that thread.

Yet is perfectly happy to use BM's showings against Pagan.....despite Pagan not being in the thread.

TheHulkster
Nice to see that's what you latched on.

Because Stoic in another thread told me off for using Sue's showings against Sentry...... because Sentry wasn't in that thread.

Yet is perfectly happy to use BM's showings against Pagan.....despite Pagan not being in the thread.

IIs Sentry the subject of that thread and is Sue a common opponent for whomever Sentry is putted against?

And were you using that showing to low-ball?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheHulkster
IIs Sentry the subject of that thread and is Sue a common opponent for whomever Sentry is putted against?

And were you using that showing to low-ball?

No, it's a Sue thread. I was not using it to low ball - I do like to see how you keep trying to be on his side hehe.

Not that it matters, lol, because that wasn't the reason Stoic was throwing it out! Stoic specifically said it was besides the point because Sentry wasn't in the thread.

Pagan isn't the subject of THIS thread, either.

celeyhyga17
I dont mind Pagan being mentioned here. I just disagree with what was said about Pagan.

Thor fought Pagan while explicitly holding back. He never got the chance to continue the fight becuz Lord Templar bfred Pagan. Fight ended ubruptly with no clear winner. In fact, Thor was pretty much the only one who was even able to hurt and stagger Pagan (iirc) at that time. And he was still measuring Pagan.

Now BM vs Pagan is a bit ambiguous. Its implied that he may have beaten him, but it was literally only one panel. So at best, one can say BM did well or can match foes at that level. Not surprising because Pagan is pretty high end brick and BM's feats speak for themselves.

DarkSaint85
I don't mind Pagan being mentioned either, just to be clear.

I was merely pointing out that Stoic was a bit hypocritical in his refusal to use Sue's showings against Sentry, when he was perfectly happy to use BM's showings againt Pagan. Whilst giving the reasoning that it was because Sentry wasn't in that thread....

But yeah. A single issue - and it's not as if Classic Thor doesn't have a bajillion other, better fights.

Adam Grimes
Hulkster trying to knight one of his e-buddies without really understanding the conversation is cute, though.

Your bravery will not go unnoticed, son.

StiltmanFTW
Blue Marvel also had a similar one panel feat in a What if comic, showing him punching Rulk.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Hulkster trying to knight one of his e-buddies without really understanding the conversation is cute, though.

Your bravery will not go unnoticed, son.

Aren't you my e-buddy?

Adam Grimes
I'm not your e-buddy, e-pal.

MrMind
I'm not your e-pal, e-friend.

StiltmanFTW
I'm not your e-friend, e-guy.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by MrMind
I'm not your e-pal, e-friend.

I'm not your e-friend, e-hombre.

DarkSaint85
I'm not your e-friend, e-hombre.

You're just jumping in without knowing the facts of the matter.

So same as usual I guess.

TheHulkster
You're just jumping in without knowing the facts of the matter.

So same as usual I guess.

Do I need to post scans?

DarkSaint85
Do I need to post scans?

Of you not knowing anything? No need, I trust you on that.

ShadowFyre
So BM has almost no low showings, but Thor has a shitload more feats to go on and can hit out of his weight class by a large margin.

And any energy blasts BM uses will be useless

TheHulkster
Of you not knowing anything? No need, I trust you on that.

So why did this light-hearted joke session bring down your period?

DarkSaint85
So why did this light-hearted joke session bring down your period?

Wow someone's short tempered today....

TheHulkster
Wow someone's short tempered today....

Stop projecting. Why did the e-pal jokes offend you? I'm not taking your little friends away from you.

DarkSaint85
Erm....you're the one projecting lol.

But ok, whatever you say mate thumb up

TheHulkster
Anyhow, I think that BM and Thor would have a good fight that could go either way. And BM's creator believes Thor is stronger for what it's worth.

NemeBro
Anyhow, I think that BM and Thor would have a good fight that could go either way. And BM's creator believes Thor is stronger for what it's worth.

Did he? Because this is the quote I remember reading.

"As long as I'm writing the character, he won't be so strong that he makes other characters look foolish. He is just in the same league as the Hulk, Thor, Superman, Sentry, Orion, J'onn J'onzz, etc. He's NOT above them."

I do think he's doing this thing a lot of people do by equivocating cross-company powerhouse characters as well as ignoring differences in power between those in the same company, but per his intent Blue Marvel is "merely" meant to be on par with other high-powered comic heroes, like Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^He said that Thor > BM in an interview once. Tbf, I think strength is a wash. When Adam punched Namor, he pointed out that only Hulk and Thor had ever hit him as hard.

Anyways, Thor wins. Classic Thor is AT LEAST as strong as BM. Adam's other advantage is that he's an Anti-Matter living reactor. Whipping out energy powers against Mjolnir is just a bad idea and that's he's only trump card.

Honestly, I think Adam would probably fair worse than Gladiator because of the obvious energy powers. Kevin will always have a special place in my heart for writing the short-story of Thor whipping the shit out of Hulk and this:
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11/110794/2411961-what_if___secret_invasion_020.jpg

TheHulkster
Originally posted by NemeBro
Did he? Because this is the quote I remember reading.

"As long as I'm writing the character, he won't be so strong that he makes other characters look foolish. He is just in the same league as the Hulk, Thor, Superman, Sentry, Orion, J'onn J'onzz, etc. He's NOT above them."

I do think he's doing this thing a lot of people do by equivocating cross-company powerhouse characters as well as ignoring differences in power between those in the same company, but per his intent Blue Marvel is "merely" meant to be on par with other high-powered comic heroes, like Thor.

See below:

https://www.cbr.com/cci-mondo-marvel/

https://imgur.com/a/2ilWn0y

When later explaining his statement, it's predominantly a case of a very inflated opinion of how gods should be portrayed.

DarkSaint85
Yeah.... BM's trump card (the anti matter) isn't something you'd want to use against Mjolnir.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.