Sidious vs. Dooku + Vos (canon)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheev
ROTS Sidious.

vs.

ROTS Dooku and peak Vos.

Darth Thor
Sidious should still win.

Though this team should murder Mace, who overpowered Sidious which does confuse things.

qwertyuiop1998
Edit: Sorry, I thought it was using The Rise of Skywalker Sidious

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Sidious should still win.

Though this team should murder Mace, who overpowered Sidious which does confuse things. That's why I say team wins.

Total Warrior
I think in a saber only fight, team takes it. They both are pretty solid duelists, Dooku held his own against Yoda, and Vos is around that level, so neither of them is getting the Tiin or Kolar treatment here.

Force-wise, Sidious should take it though. He is solidly above Dooku, and Dooku looked stronger than Vos even as of their second fight, albeit not by much. Vos was able to use the force to take the lighsaber off the Count's hand, but then the Count force pushed him away. I think Sid would take it

All-out, it may depend on the setting tbh. If it's the chancellor office, duo should take it, since there the duel will likely be mostly about sabers. If it's the senate hall where Sid defeated Yoda, Sheev may be able to keep the distance and spam force powers

Scizard
If it's an all out Palpatine might just ragdoll Vos I'd give them lightsabers only though.

juggernaut74
Yes sabers they have it I think.

A exhausted Dooku held his own against Yoda and Yoda disarmed Sidious.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yes sabers they have it I think.

A exhausted Dooku held his own against Yoda and Yoda disarmed Sidious. I don't think Yoda disarmed in canon though

Eli Vanto
Team.

I honestly don't see Sidious ragdolling them with the Force. The one time he used TK to choke Dooku, Dooku wasn't prepared, and certainly wouldn't have tried to fight off his master's attack.

Scizard
Dooku managed to ragdoll Vos so I reckon Palpatine could do it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Team.

I honestly don't see Sidious ragdolling them with the Force. The one time he used TK to choke Dooku, Dooku wasn't prepared, and certainly wouldn't have tried to fight off his master's attack.

Ive never bought into that theory. I see no reason why Dooku wouldnt at least try to resist the choke.

Galan007
If a dog bites its owner, it usually gets put down. /shrug

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
If a dog bites its owner, it usually gets put down. /shrug

Put down how though? Hes on another planet and has his own army.

Actually army is understating it.

Scizard
Yeah there's no reason to piss off Sidious even more than he already was in that moment.

Galan007
Put down how though? Hes on another planet and has his own army.

Actually army is understating it. Do you really think Dooku would want to risk having Sidious(and his resources) as an enemy?

EmperorSidious2
With regards to Sabers I would give it to the team. Sidious is good, but Dooku and Vos combined based off their feats from Dark Disciple and the Clone Wars may prove more than Sidious can handle in a pure lightsaber duel.

In a force fight however Sidious I think can still take this. He has more powerful force lighting and is only matched in the force by Yoda at this point in time. Once Vos is out Dooku will also fall.

All out: Sidious, but narrowly. In the end he will turn this into a force fight and I see his advantage in the force as greater than the teams advantage with lightsabers.

Dominis
Dooku was trying to resist, hence all the clawing at his own neck. Those signs of panic were nothing short of primal intincts kicking in to survive.

Example, even if you allow someone to put your head under water, once your instints kick in you're going to fight and squirm to raise up for air.

Can Sidious ragdoll Dooku in a combat scenerio is another question. I'm going to assume that if he can slam/hold both Maul and Savage against a wall or pull them off a balcony against their will in combat, then he is more than cabable of doing the same to just Dooku.

Galan007
Dooku was definitely panicking in that moment(as anyone would when they're being strangled to death), but it's impossible to say if he was actively using the Force to defend himself there.

That was a 'teachable moment' for Dooku, after all, so him trying to block Palpatine's choke would have undermined the 'lesson' and more than likely enraged Palpatine even more. I really don't think Dooku would have risked incurring Palpatine's full wrath by using the Force against him. /shrug

**Not saying Palpatine couldn't dominate Dooku with the Force, btw.

Dominis
Dooku was definitely panicking in that moment(as anyone would when they're being strangled to death), but it's impossible to say if he was actively using the Force to defend himself there.

Yeah but Dooku went into panic mode because his instincts were telling him he was being choked to death. His panicking was a reflexive response, indicating he was fighting to survive. And being a force user, using the force would be as natural and as common for Dooku as using our hands and feet would be for us, and just as using our hands and feet to fight to survive would be automatic for us, using the force would have been automatic for Dooku.

**Not saying Palpatine couldn't dominate Dooku with the Force, btw.

I know.

All I'm saying is that I believe we have more than enough evidence to prove that Sidious can deal with Dooku with just the force in combat if he really wanted to. If he can attack Maul and Savage in a combat situation, then he should be able to attack just Dooku just as easily. And if Dooku isn't strong enough to fight off Sidious's force hold once he is in one (which I believe that being unable to break free during the transmission proves he isn't strong enough to), then he is as good as dead.

Galan007
Maybe Dooku was instinctively using the Force to keep his trachea from collapsing, but I still don't think he was using the Force to try and outright block/counter Palpatine's choke. As mentioned, I feel like undermining Palpatine in such a way would have enraged him even moreso... Which would have likely been a legitimate death sentence for Dooku(Sith masters don't typically appreciate their apprentices using the Force against them.)

Oh I agree that Palpatine > Dooku in the Force, and could ultimately trounce him in that respect. I just don't think the aforementioned choke scene is necessarily indicative of the gap that would exist between them in an all-out battle.

Darth Thor
Do you really think Dooku would want to risk having Sidious(and his resources) as an enemy?

No but think that would be a bit of an overreaction just because Dooku resisted an attack.

juggernaut74
In another thread people were putting Dooku and Vos around 80% as powerful as Sidious.

So why wouldn't these two combined be able to take Sidious down?

Galan007
No but think that would be a bit of an overreaction just because Dooku resisted an attack. Dunno, man. Palpatine could have very well perceived it as a challenge.

Scizard
Originally posted by juggernaut74
In another thread people were putting Dooku and Vos around 80% as powerful as Sidious.

So why wouldn't these two combined be able to take Sidious down?

Pretty sure they're referring to an all out not just force power no? And you can't be using your full all out abilities in a 2v1 situation when you have to be mindful of your other teammate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.