What computer is best for editing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

preston mullins
I've used AVID in college, but that was five years ago. Are Macs still the bomb for editing? Here's what I want.

1) I want enough memory to edit a feature film.

2) I don't want to pay an arm and a leg.

3) I want user friendly editing software.

Do I want a Mac, a PC? I don't know, you tell me. I need to know how much this will all run me as well. Please help.

Fire
lol no idea
if I have to edit something I do it at my dad's work

yerssot
from what I know, mac is most widely used for that

preston mullins
Prices? Any idea how much a mac that can edit costs these days?

Fire
again no idea sorry dude smile
tho find someone that works in a tv station smile
like my dad as an editor infact smile

yerssot
lots of smilies there smile
and guess whatsmile

according to his profile smile
he is working there smile

Dexx
don't know anything about macs.
But you can get some good stuff in a PC. I figure 512Mb DDR should do it....a good graphics card.....120 HDD.....deppends. How much do you have to spend

Bad Boy
Using iMovie on a Mac is dead easy! The effects are not exactly amazing, but it has the basics to edit a feature film!

The thing is, with the amount of footage that would needed to be shot for a feature film, the space would be immense! I don't think a Mac would be that good.

diegocala
MAC is good, but nothing beats an AVID for editing/recording etc...

Fire
then why not do it there?

narcil
yeah, i've heard mac is the bomb for that kinda stuff. (i know they're good computers...all of mine are macs. big grin)

preston mullins
Yes, I work at a TV station. No, I am not aloud to use the Avids in the Graphics Room because I am a camera man, not a graphics person. I wish they'd give me the key to the building, but, security is pretty tight around here.

Thanx for the useful info everyone! You will be blessed with good luck.

yerssot
my sis is doing a "movie", from what I understand
though it's not a professional movie, if that's ok?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.