Baki vs Tekken

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Henry_Pym
Where would you place the Baki cast in terms of the Tekken cast?

I started getting into Baki and the whole genetic super warrior thing really reminds me of the Demon Gene from Tekken so I wondered where people would place them in terms of the Tekken Canon.

Jmanghan
Jin would beat the dogshit out of Baki, lmfao.

That's just in base, in Devil form he would pulverize him, he defeated a being called the "Rectifier of All Things", Azazel, nullfied all his attacks, and one-shotted him.

ULnGZdF8BzE
sfyQnTnbeaE

You can see in the second clip how powerful and fast Devil Jin is. I'd put the Tekken-verse over the Street Fighter-verse in power, with Mortal Kombat very obviously at the top.

KingD19
Yujiro outclasses pretty much everybody in Tekken aside from the bosses and Jin/Kazuya. The higher ups of Baki like Miyamoto Musashi and Pickle also outclass mostly everyone in Tekken.

Also pretty sure Blood Vengeance isn't canon to the main games so not sure how many feats from that can be counted unless its specifically allowed for the thread.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KingD19
Yujiro outclasses pretty much everybody in Tekken aside from the bosses and Jin/Kazuya. The higher ups of Baki like Miyamoto Musashi and Pickle also outclass mostly everyone in Tekken.

Also pretty sure Blood Vengeance isn't canon to the main games so not sure how many feats from that can be counted unless its specifically allowed for the thread.

https://twitter.com/harada_tekken/status/445188729070567424?lang=en

Jmanghan

Also pretty sure Blood Vengeance isn't canon to the main games so not sure how many feats from that can be counted unless its specifically allowed for the thread. I thought it was just Baki.

Yeah Yujiro poses a pretty big threat but I'd still say he's outclassed by the Mishima's.

Jin beats him solidly in base form and curbs him in Devil Form. There's no one who can really take Jin (he's the strongest of the verse which is why I'm using him).

VTRHme0GQPk

KingD19
I said he's beaten by Jin and Kazuya. Heihachi can't beat him though imo. He's good but he's got no Devil Gene as it was his Kazumi who had the gene in her blood so her son and grandson had it but not her husband.

Jmanghan
I said he's beaten by Jin and Kazuya. Heihachi can't beat him though imo. He's good but he's got no Devil Gene as it was his Kazumi who had the gene in her blood so her son and grandson had it but not her husband. Remind me, how often does Yujiro mess with bullets?

Heihachi caught one with his mouth, Kazuya and Jin are able to punch at the speed of sound.

They don't need the Devil Gene to beat him, they're all superior in every way except arguably strength.

Heihachi tanked a bomb point-blank and survived:
yU3NKqO_LP4

KingD19
Yujiro is bulletproof and has tanked missiles to the face. He has stopped an earthquake, Fallen 50 stories and walked it off, shaken skyscrapers by flexing and was 16 when he and his dad took down a large group of soldiers with guns and vehicles during Vietnam. He can stomp on the ground so hard people mistook it for a terrorist bombing. A fighting illusion of him hit Baki so hard people thought an earthquake happened. He even got hit by lightning and ignored it, but is also capable of dodging it if he feels like it and is also capable of punching and kicking faster than sound. He's the most ppwerful person in the Bakiverse.

Jmanghan
Yujiro is bulletproof and has tanked missiles to the face. He has stopped an earthquake, Fallen 50 stories and walked it off, shaken skyscrapers by flexing and was 16 when he and his dad took down a large group of soldiers with guns and vehicles during Vietnam. He can stomp on the ground so hard people mistook it for a terrorist bombing. A fighting illusion of him hit Baki so hard people thought an earthquake happened. He even got hit by lightning and ignored it, but is also capable of dodging it if he feels like it and is also capable of punching and kicking faster than sound. He's the most ppwerful person in the Bakiverse.

Show me him tanking missiles.

KingD19
My bad. He isn't shown tanking missiles. It's just been confirmed by several sources that they wouldn't work, nor would any military weapon or technology.

https://imgur.com/a/B6HXHZG - People talking about how he's better than any military methods.
https://imgur.com/a/SRCMaaD - They can only think of using a nuke.
https://imgur.com/a/IA7q1zm - He himself explaining how he's more powerful than anything.

He has a full respect thread, but needless to say he is no joke and has some simply ridiculous stuff, like the lightning strike feat, as well as dodging lightning without looking, and punching the ground to stop an earthquake.

And that "Half-Canon" statement means nothing. He didn't even say what part of the movie was pertaining to that "half". Didn't say if it was story, feats, character relationships, etc... And Jin nor Kazuya have ever had any Devil modes in the games like in the movie so I don't count those. There's more than 10 games that reliably show what they're capable of. It seemed like a joke more than anything, and that's what the comments look at it as as well.

Jmanghan
My bad. He isn't shown tanking missiles. It's just been confirmed by several sources that they wouldn't work, nor would any military weapon or technology.

https://imgur.com/a/B6HXHZG - People talking about how he's better than any military methods.
https://imgur.com/a/SRCMaaD - They can only think of using a nuke.
https://imgur.com/a/IA7q1zm - He himself explaining how he's more powerful than anything.

He has a full respect thread, but needless to say he is no joke and has some simply ridiculous stuff, like the lightning strike feat, as well as dodging lightning without looking, and punching the ground to stop an earthquake.

And that "Half-Canon" statement means nothing. He didn't even say what part of the movie was pertaining to that "half". Didn't say if it was story, feats, character relationships, etc... And Jin nor Kazuya have ever had any Devil modes in the games like in the movie so I don't count those. There's more than 10 games that reliably show what they're capable of. It seemed like a joke more than anything, and that's what the comments look at it as as well.

It's difficult to use character statements as "feats", that's probably a massive exaggeration.

KingD19
Except when literally the entire world is in 100% agreement. The last scan even has the narration statement that his back spoke the truth of his claims. Thats the author himself stating its a fact as no one said that, it was a direct explanation to the reader.

His feats speak for themselves.

Jmanghan
Except when literally the entire world is in 100% agreement. The last scan even has the narration statement that his back spoke the truth of his claims. Thats the author himself stating its a fact as no one said that, it was a direct explanation to the reader.

His feats speak for themselves. Fair enough, Yujiro seems a lot more op then what I've seen apparently, should read more of the manga.

KingD19
If you can get used to the extremely weird body dimensions, its actually a good series.

And yes, he's called the most powerful creature on earth for good reason. When he was born, multiple world powers seriously considered stockpiling nukes...because he was born.

Jmanghan
If you can get used to the extremely weird body dimensions, its actually a good series.

And yes, he's called the most powerful creature on earth for good reason. When he was born, multiple world powers seriously considered stockpiling nukes...because he was born. Looking at the other feats it seems rather outlandish for the series that he dodged lightning, I think it could be an outlier.

KingD19
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Looking at the other feats it seems rather outlandish for the series that he dodged lightning, I think it could be an outlier.

You don't need to dodge lightning more than once when you can just as easily stand there and be struck without a problem.

But manga don't really suffer from outlier feats like comics do. It might not show up much if at all again, but he did it, so he can do it whenever.

Jmanghan
You don't need to dodge lightning more than once when you can just as easily stand there and be struck without a problem.

But manga don't really suffer from outlier feats like comics do. It might not show up much if at all again, but he did it, so he can do it whenever. Er no.

Would you say that Guts and Serpico can dodge lightning casually then, even when they've shown nothing else even coming close to rivalling it?

Even though Yujiro gets hit by techniques much, MUCH slower then that?

It seems like Baki just tends to adjust the power-levels to whatever the threat is in that moment, like the creators are just sitting there like "oh shit Goku did that new thing, uh... Look at what Yujiro did though guys!"

Why does he have trouble with stuff thats vastly inferior to a lightning strike, then according to Musashi he's moving 10 feet in 0.0001 seconds, which is not even close enough to dodge lightning.

"But he didn't say 0.0001, he said 0.000..........???"

Yeah thats great but if moved 10 feet at the speed of those dots in 0's he'd be faster then ****ing Goku, so yeah, we can't go by that either.

So either he's fast enough to compete with Goku or he's too slow to dodge lightning. Lemme be clear, that's 5 times the speed of light.

KingD19
What happens is what happened. Manga don't need continuity because they are usually done by a single creator and their team. No contradictions or other writers to add or detract from their work. So what they wrote is what it is. Highs and lows exist by comparison, but outliers don't really exist in that genre.

And Yujiro probably allows himself to get hit. A fight wouldn't be fun if he dodged everything.

Jmanghan
What happens is what happened. Manga don't need continuity because they are usually done by a single creator and their team. No contradictions or other writers to add or detract from their work. So what they wrote is what it is. Highs and lows exist by comparison, but outliers don't really exist in that genre.

And Yujiro probably allows himself to get hit. A fight wouldn't be fun if he dodged everything. If we can't realistically measure him as a combatant then he beats everyone in fiction that punches stuff.

They aren't "highs" and "lows", there's "dodging lightning" and "being too slow to dodge a tackle by a person thats grounded in reality".

It doesn't matter if its one person or a hundred people, outliers are outliers, either he's limited or he's limitless, you need to pick one, or else he's moot as a combatant. You can't use a characters highest highs when they're doing shit like punching a hole in the sun when normally their best feat is dodging gunfire at best.

If thats the case why not give him a shot at Goku or Superman? Because if we can't accurately measure him, he can take everyone.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Jmanghan
If we can't realistically measure him as a combatant then he beats everyone in fiction that punches stuff.

They aren't "highs" and "lows", there's "dodging lightning" and "being too slow to dodge a tackle by a person thats grounded in reality".

It doesn't matter if its one person or a hundred people, outliers are outliers, either he's limited or he's limitless, you need to pick one, or else he's moot as a combatant. You can't use a characters highest highs when they're doing shit like punching a hole in the sun when normally their best feat is dodging gunfire at best.

If thats the case why not give him a shot at Goku or Superman? Because if we can't accurately measure him, he can take everyone.

Also if you wanna get real, Yujiro got taken out by a tranquilizer, so if there's no outliers it means anything more of a threat then a tranquilizer can take him out, like I said, there are limits to every verse. There's an average power level to every verse regardless of writer/author or the series it's covering.

Yujiro has been given hard fights many times by tons of people including his son Baki, Pickle, Kaku Kaioh, etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.