Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!

snowdragon
Why do you continue to use bad faith actors in news description? The clear narrative there is obvious to anyone looking to read information....... trump is anti-semitic? That's the opposite of his actions throughout his presidency.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by snowdragon
Why do you continue to use bad faith actors in news description? The clear narrative there is obvious to anyone looking to read information....... trump is anti-semitic? That's the opposite of his actions throughout his presidency. it's the papers headline.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
it's the papers headline.

It's obviously click bait oriented garbage, the irony is that Trump does enough to castigate him without trash. Don't use trash, don't clickbait, it's not hard with Trump.

The purpose of that article was to paint him as anti-semitic, it's clear as day. It doesn't match what he has done.

Scribble
Trump is very pro-Israel, if anything he gets criticised for supporting Israel over Palestine (such as with him relocating the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem)

Trump is the worst literal Hitler ever tbh

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Scribble
Trump is very pro-Israel, if anything he gets criticised for supporting Israel over Palestine (such as with him relocating the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem)

Trump is the worst literal Hitler ever tbh

Jerusalem is where the embassy rightly belongs though. Trump did the right thing.

Yes, he's very pro-Israel which is one of the reasons I like him so much. Obama, otoh, seemed to hate Israel and several current day democrats definitely do.

Old Man Whirly!
It's obviously click bait oriented garbage, the irony is that Trump does enough to castigate him without trash. Don't use trash, don't clickbait, it's not hard with Trump.

The purpose of that article was to paint him as anti-semitic, it's clear as day. It doesn't match what he has done. it's actually not mainly about Trump and it's quite a nuanced article imo.

Scribble
it's actually not mainly about Trump and it's quite a nuanced article imo. It was an interesting if highly biased article. I think their point is quite fair, but it bordered on propaganda for the Bilderberg group. I really do think the Guardian has lost all credibility in terms of being the guardians of truth.

But the general stance of antisemitism hidden within European populism is legitimate and something that does need to be recognised and exposed; populists of all shades have been heightening their antisemitism, whether hidden in right-wing rhetoric (such as in the Polish candidate in the article) or paraded out in the open by left-wing parties (such as in the example of the institutionally antisemitic Labour party in the UK, perfectly encapsulated in their previous leader, Jeremy Corbyn).

snowdragon
it's actually not mainly about Trump and it's quite a nuanced article imo.

Sure but your posting tends to be thematic so addressing the big bad is the first/easiest thing to do. The point of the article still stands even if you erase Trump, it's that it is anti-sematic. It's just a simple conclusion drawn from your numerous posts and lack of dialogue after said posts.

Old Man Whirly!
Sure but your posting tends to be thematic so addressing the big bad is the first/easiest thing to do. The point of the article still stands even if you erase Trump, it's that it is anti-sematic. It's just a simple conclusion drawn from your numerous posts and lack of dialogue after said posts. I engage in dialogue. I state my opinion then I reply to others. I see little point in replying if the persons post is little more than flame bait and/or really take the debate no further

snowdragon
I engage in dialogue. I state my opinion then I reply to others. I see little point in replying if the persons post is little more than flame bait and/or really take the debate no further

Ironicaly, while you state that as you position you have not posted anything to direct conversation to your point other then a guardian "news" piece. Bingo/bang on wink

Old Man Whirly!
Ironicaly, while you state that as you position you have not posted anything to direct conversation to your point other then a guardian "news" piece. Bingo/bang on wink Bingo! Do I have too? I agree 100% with the articles opinions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.