Glasgow Attack 6 Injured.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur
Why did you begin by talking about Africa and the Middle East? What does that have to do with this attack?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Surtur
Why did you begin by talking about Africa and the Middle East? What does that have to do with this attack? Read the article.

Surtur
I clicked and it said page not found but the only reason I can guess as to why you would bring this up is you think the person who did this is black or middle eastern. Amirite?

Robtard
KMC broke the link. here: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2020/jun/26/glasgow-major-incident-city-centre

Old Man Whirly!
I clicked and it said page not found but the only reason I can guess as to why you would bring this up is you think the person who did this is black or middle eastern. Amirite? and the people who he attacked were the same.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
KMC broke the link. here: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2020/jun/26/glasgow-major-incident-city-centre Thanks Rob, now I gave a nuanced thread start, let the hijack begin.

Surtur
Okay so what does africa got to do with it? And the middle east?

Surtur
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Thanks Rob, now I gave a nuanced thread start, let the hijack begin.

Cut this shit out. I wanted to know why you were bringing it up. It's a valid question.

Old Man Whirly!
Cut this shit out. I wanted to know why you were bringing it up. It's a valid question. Ahh ok, we'll see, benefit of doubt given. It was in an Asylum seekers hostel created due to COVID 19

Surtur
It just really comes off like you're super defensive over who did this and needed to throw in a disclaimer. *shrugs*

Old Man Whirly!
It just really comes off like you're super defensive over who did this and needed to throw in a disclaimer. *shrugs* Is that how it comes off to you... hijack has started. laughing out loud

Surtur
Based on your posting history I feel it's a reasonable interpretation, but benefit of the doubt given thumb up

Scribble

Scribble
Ahem, when I say "this country" I mean Scotland... which isn't England, but whatever... you get what I mean.

Please don't stab me, Scottish people

(I know you won't, you're all lovely)

Old Man Whirly!

Old Man Whirly!
How much of Africa have you seen first hand?

jaden_2.0
You're gettin' stabbed.

Scribble
read my post again, no one suggested depopulating Africa... where to star? Really? "There are about a billion Africans in Africa and almost all of them would be better off economically and politically and in terms of personal safety in Europe"

This sounds very downbeat about Africa as a continent

Scribble
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
You're gettin' stabbed. oh god

jaden_2.0
Is that a Protestant God or a Catholic god?

Scribble
Is that a Protestant God or a Catholic god? ummmmmmm

leftright

the scottish one

jaden_2.0
Ah'll let ye aff, hen. Yer no a bad yin.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Scribble
"There are about a billion Africans in Africa and almost all of them would be better off economically and politically and in terms of personal safety in Europe"

This sounds very downbeat about Africa as a continent Where have you visited and lived in Africa? How many wars terrorists action and what I can only call genocides are you aware of going on right now? Tell me about the percentage of people in Nigeria in Poverty (clue it's proportionally higher than india). Yellow Fever and so many other diseases, dont get me started on Malaria and Boko haram, the slave trade in Niger, yes it still exists, I've stood in a slave market and watched etc etc etc... oh and drinking water.

Flyattractor
Guns are bad. You should tell your security forces to not act like Cops. Hugs Stop Violence. Not Guns.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Guns are bad. You should tell your security forces to not act like Cops. Hugs Stop Violence. Not Guns. Guns are far easier to kill with than knives. What's your point?

Scribble
Where have you visited and lived in Africa? How many wars terrorists action and what I can only call genocides are you aware of going on right now? Tell me about the percentage of people in Nigeria in Poverty (clue it's proportionally higher than india). Yellow Fever and so many other diseases, dont get me started on Malaria and Boko haram, the slave trade in Niger, yes it still exists, I've stood in a slave market and watched etc etc etc... oh and drinking water. Name the countries and cities (across the whole world) that you haven't been to or lived in, then every time you try to discuss politics relating to that place, I'll remind you that you shouldn't, as you've never been there.

Old Man Whirly!
Name the countries and cities (across the whole world) that you haven't been to or lived in, then every time you try to discuss politics relating to that place, I'll remind you that you shouldn't, as you've never been there. what are you talking about..? Somalia, Ethiopia, Rawanda, The Slaughter of Muslims by Christian's in CAR are recent stand outs. Seriously what is the point you are trying to make, someone in the North of Nigeria who is a survivor of a village attack from Boko Haram's dead family wouldn't have been safer in Guildford?

SquallX
what are you talking about..? Somalia, Ethiopia, Rawanda, The Slaughter of Muslims by Christian's in CAR are recent stand outs. Seriously what is the point you are trying to make, someone in the North of Nigeria who is a survivor of a village attack from Boko Haram's dead family wouldn't have been safer in Guildford.

Because Muslims has never slaughtered Christians?

jaden_2.0
Malaria and Boko haram.

Pretty sure I seen them open for Elton & The Johns in 2008.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by SquallX
Because Muslims has never slaughtered Christians?

Lets just all kill each other. Except Atheists. They get to avoid the slaughter fest.

Old Man Whirly!
Because Muslims has never slaughtered Christians? I even mention Boko Haram, what a myopic individual you are.

SquallX
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lets just all kill each other. Except Atheists. They get to avoid the slaughter fest.

We should just nuke everything and go back to might controls everything.

SquallX

Old Man Whirly!

Artol
I'm also glad that things are getting better in Africa. I hope they will continue, and I think that the US and Europe should both aid developments there. I'd say that the subjugation and exploitation of the African continent did not stop with the end of colonial rule. Cambridge economist Ha-Joon Chang lays out this argument very well in his book Bad Samaritans. In short he says that the western countries were able to implement beneficial trade agreements to themselves as well loosening or destroying protections of local businesses and people through usage of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Bank and the World Trade Organization (WTO). He shows how generally fast growth in the countries falling victim to these impositions significantly slowed, often to half what it was before. So the successes in the third world are great, but they could have come much earlier if it wasn't for a covert form of economic colonialism implemented.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Artol
I'm also glad that things are getting better in Africa. I hope they will continue, and I think that the US and Europe should both aid developments there. I'd say that the subjugation and exploitation of the African continent did not stop with the end of colonial rule. Cambridge economist Ha-Joon Chang lays out this argument very well in his book Bad Samaritans. In short he says that the western countries were able to implement beneficial trade agreements to themselves as well loosening or destroying protections of local businesses and people through usage of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Bank and the World Trade Organization (WTO). He shows how generally fast growth in the countries falling victim to these impositions significantly slowed, often to half what it was before. So the successes in the third world are great, but they could have come much earlier if it wasn't for a covert form of economic colonialism implemented. 422 million people live below the global poverty line in Africa. Or 70% of the continent. 15 countries are involved in some kind of war, dont get me started on disease and corruption. The grids in multiple countries have got worse even and inflation in Nigeria was through the roof before covid 19, then you have minor things like the south african xenophobia attacks and the Niger slave trade.

Artol
422 million people live below the global poverty line in Africa. Or 70% of the continent. 15 countries are involved in some kind of war, dont get me started on disease and corruption. The grids in multiple countries have got worse even and inflation in Nigeria was through the roof before covid 19, then you have minor things like the south african xenophobia attacks and the Niger slave trade.

Yeah. And global warming will hit many regions in Africa most significantly as well. I am pretty worried that even the gains that have been made will be lost.

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah. And global warming will hit many regions in Africa most significantly as well. I am pretty worried that even the gains that have been made will be lost. Trust me the gains are not what people outside Africa think, honestly. And yes desertification is going to be a huge issue.

Artol
Trust me the gains are not what people outside Africa think, honestly. And yes desertification is going to be a huge issue.
I totally agree with that as well. I believe that a lot of the improvements are vastly overstated for ideological reasons.

Not just in Africa either, people in the west are constantly being told how much better everything is now, how the economy is so great, and all the gains that have been made, and yet they work zero hour contracts always being afraid to not be able to afford their next meal, or they get thrown out of their homes by council cuts or landlords taking advantage of runaway real estate prices. Or they work jobs they suspect are complete bullshit and don't understand why, never achieving any fulfillment. Or they have no more human connections in their life, only work and consumption, the public spheres having been mainly eliminated. Or they see their companies sponsor pride events, but then also contribute money to politicians that would just as well criminalize gay sex again.

I believe neoliberal capitalism has fundamentally failed humanity. And there is a happiness industry trying to tell us that the ruling classes pissing on us is actually sweet rain.

eThneoLgrRnae
Double post.

eThneoLgrRnae

Artol
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
You hope for the day Europeans move to Africa for opportunities? You mean "opportunities" like being killed, having their land wrongly taken away from them with no compensation, and just overall experiencing widespread racial discrimination like what's going on in South Africa for white people and has been for years? Yet it is all basically ignored by our media?

Thanks, but no thanks. Suppose it's not nearly as bad in other African countries but I'd never personally take the chance. I have all the opportunities I need right here in America.

I think you are misunderstanding what Scribble meant. He's saying it would be nice if Africa was a place that had similar opportunities and similar safety to Europe and the United States.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Atheist dictators are responsible for far more bloodshed than all religions combined.

eThneoLgrRnae
We should just nuke everything and go back to might controls everything.

"Might makes right" is basically the law of Darwinian evolution anyway. Not that I believe in that Darwin nonsense of course.

eThneoLgrRnae
Is that a Protestant God or a Catholic god?

There is only the Christian God. That is the God of the Bible.

Scribble
I think you are misunderstanding what Scribble meant. He's saying it would be nice if Africa was a place that had similar opportunities and similar safety to Europe and the United States. thumb up

And it is improving, especially in recent times.

Yes, as Whirly says (and has seen), there is a hell of a lot of work ahead and there are still many atrocities, but that's not to say that it will always be like that. Plenty of other parts of the world have improved substantially and become vastly safer in recent decades.

Old Man Whirly!
thumb up

And it is improving, especially in recent times.

Yes, as Whirly says (and has seen), there is a hell of a lot of work ahead and there are still many atrocities, but that's not to say that it will always be like that. Plenty of other parts of the world have improved substantially and become vastly safer in recent decades. But the Governments are less corrupt, most countries do not have enough mineral wealth to support everyone, but they have enough for the political class to live like kings.

Scribble
But the Governments are less corrupt, most countries do not have enough mineral wealth to support everyone, but they have enough for the political class to live like kings. I agree, I just think there's hope for things to change, and I think there are plenty of signs that things are already changing. Things will never be perfect, but Africa as a whole is safer and less entrenched in poverty than it was 50 years ago, hell even 20 years ago, so even if progress is slow, it's happening, right?

Old Man Whirly!
I agree, I just think there's hope for things to change, and I think there are plenty of signs that things are already changing. Things will never be perfect, but Africa as a whole is safer and less entrenched in poverty than it was 50 years ago, hell even 20 years ago, so even if progress is slow, it's happening, right? the problem is the tribal nature in many of these countries stops progress when you have as many die as in the Igbo uprising it takes generations for things to fully settle. Also, in some countries the wealthy enjoy have for want if a better word "slaves".

Scribble
the problem is the tribal nature in many of these countries stops progress when you have as many die as in the Igbo uprising it takes generations for things to fully settle. Also, in some countries the wealthy enjoy have for want if a better word "slaves". There's not 'want of a better word', man, slavery still exists in Africa. It's really sad.

Again though, I agree and these kinds of histories are hard to overcome, I just have hope that it is possible. Colonialism set Africa back, and then capitalist / corporatist colonialism has hit it pretty hard too; but if the wealth divide and poverty levels are already dropping, it is possible.

I think there are things that the west could do to help, too. That's its own topic tho, I guess

Old Man Whirly!
There's not 'want of a better word', man, slavery still exists in Africa. It's really sad.

Again though, I agree and these kinds of histories are hard to overcome, I just have hope that it is possible. Colonialism set Africa back, and then capitalist / corporatist colonialism has hit it pretty hard too; but if the wealth divide and poverty levels are already dropping, it is possible.

I think there are things that the west could do to help, too. That's its own topic tho, I guess there is full on slavery, then there is wage slavery, mostly the latter. I've seen full on and wage slavery in other places too. Both the middle east and India particularly. I saw girls in cages being sold in India twenty five years ago. Young and pretty, not out of my price range either. Sickening, clean a couple of them up and they would have looked like Bollywood actresses... people are not nice generally.

SquallX

Darth Thor
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Atheist dictators are responsible for far more bloodshed than all religions combined.

Secular dictators yeah. We dont need religion to be violent.

eThneoLgrRnae
I disagree, squall. It has everything to do with it. "Might makes right" has always been at the core of Darwinian evolution nonsense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.