Were Buu saga Goku and Vegeta much more powerful than Cell Games Gohan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
Would you say there was a large difference in power between Buu saga Goku and Vegeta, and Cell Games Gohan? All in their SS2 forms obviously.

And how does SS2 Gohan from the beginning of the Buu saga compare to them?

DaltonChance
No like a fraction of a percent better. The strongest super saiyan so far was Super Broly. Majin Vegeta and SS2 goku post ss3 were like slightly better than Gohan as a kid because Gohan might not have had as many s cells but increasing human really is a lot better. Gohan would have only been weaker because he's a kid. Unlike Moro normal gains aren't worth a lot, it doesn't take a lot to be a lot stronger in that mythos unlike Marvel where if you're able to get a W you must be a googolplex times better and forever untouchable in DBS it's more like you need to be slightly better and you're eternally untouchable like never in a million years

Galan007
Goku and Vegeta were stronger, but I'd say the difference between them and Cell Games Gohan was marginal at best. That is to say, they'd each beat Gohan, but it would almost certainly be a long, grueling fight.

As for Gohan at the start of the Boo saga: he was significantly weaker than he was during the Cell Games, as Goku/Vegeta noted a few different times. However, Vegeta did imply that even though Gohan was weaker, he was still just one rage-moment away from his power becoming relevant again. I know DBS has majorly gimped Gohan(along with kid Trunks/Goten), but just try to remember that back in Z, his potential was always massively beyond everyone else.

DaltonChance
Originally posted by Galan007
DBS has majorly gimped Gohan Not in the Manga.

Gohan beat Kefla, who was an LSSJ potara fused with a stronger super saiyan. That's like Gohan beating SS3 Vegito during Buu saga. And in the manga that's described as the result of Gohan using his human half rather than his Saiyan half, which DBS finally explaining the Mystic transformation.

Ridley_Prime
*stalemated Kefla. She knocked him out of the tournament too technically.

Still preferable to how he sacrificed himself just to take out Dyspo though.

Galan007
Originally posted by DaltonChance
Not in the Manga. I was referring to the anime when I said that.

But yeah, at least the manga hasn't completely forgotten him. thumb up

Inedian
He was a little weaker, which is a great compliment how much did Goku and Vegeta need to come to that level.

No doubt Gohan is still potentialy above other mortals. And Gohan would be a beast and brutal if to become a fighter like Goku and Vegeta. He would be the most brutal and dangerous, but still righteous of course. I think he would surpass when all said and done even a trained Broly. I always thought that Gohan inside is the biggest beast.

Galan007
Gohan's growth during the Cell saga was immense.

At the start of the saga he wasn't even a Super Saiyan, and his base power was significantly below the likes of Goku/Vegeta.

Then he trains in the RoSaT for less than a day/year, and in that time not only became a Super Saiyan, but became a full power Super Saiyan, whose power was =/> FPSS Goku's(which puts him FAR beyond Trunks and Vegeta.) Then a few days later, he ascends to SS2 and completely eclipses even Goku.

It took 7 additional years of training for Goku and Vegeta to reach Gohan's tier of SS2 power... And mind you, Goku had been training constantly in Otherworld over that entire time, and Vegeta needed the Majin amp to match him. Yet like I said earlier: even with all of that time/training betweens sagas, I still don't believe their SS2 power was significantly beyond that of Gohan during the Cell Games. Pretty crazy, tbh.

NotAllThatEvil
Goku did pick up super saiyan 3 in that seven year period, and we don't know how long it took him to pick that up

Galan007
Right. I'm just comparing their SS2 power.

Jmanghan
Why would SSJ3 not provide an astronomical power boost?

Galan007
SS3 is 4x SS2.

Just saying that after 7 years of constant training in Otherworld, Goku's SS2 was likely not much stronger than SS2 Gohan during the Cell Games.

Mendax
So how large do you think the gap was between SS2 gohan at the beginning of the Buu saga and SS2 Goku and Vegeta during the Buu saga?

juggerman
Originally posted by Mendax
So how large do you think the gap was between SS2 gohan at the beginning of the Buu saga and SS2 Goku and Vegeta during the Buu saga?

He answered this already:

Goku's SS2 was likely not much stronger than SS2 Gohan during the Cell Games.

Goku and Vegeta were stronger, but I'd say the difference between them and Cell Games Gohan was marginal at best. That is to say, they'd each beat Gohan, but it would almost certainly be a long, grueling fight.

Galan007
Yeah, I can't really give you a percentage, if that's what you're looking for.

All we know is that SS2 Gohan started off the Boo saga noticeably weaker than he was during the Cell Games.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.