Crazed Lady in LA goes nuts over Mask in Trader Joes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Link

dadudemon
lol

It's really simple:

When I go out shopping, I read the door signs. If it says "masks are required", I don't walk in. Super easy!

No one fights. No one gets into trouble. And I don't get into a cringey argument with a retail worker making $8 an hour. Everyone wins!

BrolyBlack
This is a typical democrat in La

StyleTime
Nah, I've never seen that happen here in person at least. I carry a mask in my pocket, in case I need it.

I'm not in the Valley though, and there's likely more Karens there. The store employees are just doing their jobs. Some places require them to stop you if don't have a mask. I forgot to put mine on when entering a convenience store a month ago or so. Security walks me out the store, even though I pulled it out to put it on. I had to re-enter with it already on my face. I pointed out "It just slipped my mind man."

He told me he knows, but they're required to do it to everyone without a mask.

.....then I bought water or something and had no issue. That lady needs to chill. It's not that serious.

She claims she had a breathing problem in the video though. Not sure if that's just something she's saying in the moment to dispel criticism though.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
This is a typical democrat in La

This woman is a Trump supporter and QAnon conspiracy theorist. She wore a mask for the two hours she waited in line outside for her turn to enter the store. She took it off once she was inside, so she would be asked to leave. That is why there was someone waiting to film her anti-Democrat COVID-19 conspiracy rant. She staged this.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
This woman is a Trump supporter and QAnon conspiracy theorist. She wore a mask for the two hours she waited in line outside for her turn to enter the store. She took it off once she was inside, so she would be asked to leave. That is why there was someone waiting to film her anti-Democrat COVID-19 conspiracy rant. She staged this.

No proof thumb up

Mindship
Another one?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/woman-slams-starbucks-barista-over-mask-rule-then-he-gets-n1232213

If there a Karen Hive somewhere from which these self-absorbed snippets emerge? And are there no males to this species? How do they reproduce? Mitosis?

Old Man Whirly!
These radical Trump supporters are mental.

Mindship
My 2 cents:

For the last 500 years or so, due to reasons following the fall of the Roman Empire (eg, the militarization of gunpowder, the potato), a particular demographic has dominated history: the White Christian Heterosexual Male (hereafter referred to as the Vanilla male). And in the 1960s, a revolution was begun -- not just in the United States but throughout the First World -- initiating the end of this Hegemony.

50-60 years later the transition continues, and will likely continue well into this century. But it's necessary. Power should be shared*; that's the best way of countering the universal dynamic that Power Corrupts. The US Constitution, and how it splits up power, is a wonderful example of this. And if we are to realize its high ideals to the fullest -- that under the Law all are equal -- the era of the Vanilla Male Hegemony needs to pass, just like, say, the era of slavery and colonization (at least in the First World) passed.

Change is tough, but it's even tougher on those who resist it. As evolution shows, when the environment changes, adapt or perish, and right now there are people who refuse to adapt. This is why, "Trump," and the resurgence of white nationalist populism in the last few years. They're fighting back to keep their world going, though the tides of time and change are against them.

I'm gonna repeat a quote I put in another thread, because I think it's so apt: "The old world is dying, and a new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters."

/soapbox

*The Far Left needs to realize this too. Do not substitute one double-standard of hate and prejudice for another, especially given most white people believe in this equality. Revenge is not progress.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Mindship
My 2 cents:

For the last 500 years or so, due to reasons following the fall of the Roman Empire (eg, the militarization of gunpowder, the potato), a particular demographic has dominated history: the White Christian Heterosexual Male (hereafter referred to as the Vanilla male). And in the 1960s, a revolution was begun -- not just in the United States but throughout the First World -- initiating the end of this Hegemony.

50-60 years later the transition continues, and will likely continue well into this century. But it's necessary. Power should be shared*; that's the best way of countering the universal dynamic that Power Corrupts. The US Constitution, and how it splits up power, is a wonderful example of this. And if we are to realize its high ideals to the fullest -- that under the Law all are equal -- the era of the Vanilla Male Hegemony needs to pass, just like, say, the era of slavery and colonization (at least in the First World) passed.

Change is tough, but it's even tougher on those who resist it. As evolution shows, when the environment changes, adapt or perish, and right now there are people who refuse to adapt. This is why, "Trump," and the resurgence of white nationalist populism in the last few years. They're fighting back to keep their world going, though the tides of time and change are against them.

I'm gonna repeat a quote I put in another thread, because I think it's so apt: "The old world is dying, and a new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters."

/soapbox

*The Far Left needs to realize this too. Do not substitute one double-standard of hate and prejudice for another, especially given most white people believe in this equality. Revenge is not progress. I hope you are right old pal, I am not as optimistic as you.

snowdragon
/agreed

In addition we need to further change our system of capitalism in the USA to further spread that power as well, it's not just social equility that's needed to bring things back to balance. happy

Mindship
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I am not as optimistic as you. I need to be optimistic. My overall opinion of humanity has been near the bottom of the barrel for a long time ... and I don't like it there.

Originally posted by snowdragon
In addition we need to further change our system of capitalism in the USA to further spread that power as well, it's not just social equility that's needed to bring things back to balance. happy I've always found the idea of a wealth cap worth considering.

Scribble
I need to be optimistic. My overall opinion of humanity has been near the bottom of the barrel for a long time ... and I don't like it there. This is basically the crux of all of my beliefs.

dadudemon
Another one?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/woman-slams-starbucks-barista-over-mask-rule-then-he-gets-n1232213

If there a Karen Hive somewhere from which these self-absorbed snippets emerge? And are there no males to this species? How do they reproduce? Mitosis?

It's what happens when you have a society built around female privilege. Women are deified and can never be wrong in the US. So many women are toxic in the US after decades of female privilege that they feel like no one can ever contradict them or tell them they are wrong. So they turn into Karens by the time they reach their 30s. It's like no one ever taught their daughters how to be wrong in the US after 1975.

The youngins give me hope - they seem to have better attitudes. But they are far more racist. Guess real life is like an RPG and they put perks in "self-accountability" but had to take away points from the "ethnic tolerance" category.

Old Man Whirly!
I need to be optimistic. My overall opinion of humanity has been near the bottom of the barrel for a long time ... and I don't like it there.

I've always found the idea of a wealth cap worth considering. you know, I think it's our age we keep hoping people will be nicer to each other generation after generation and people keep getting to 30 and carry the same bigoted and corrupt ideas with them. I need optimism too, I just cant find it.

Scribble
you know, I think it's our age we keep hoping people will be nicer to each other generation after generation and people keep getting to 30 and carry the same bigoted and corrupt ideas with them. I need optimism too, I just cant find it. Idk man, things have improved over time. It may not seem that way, but you have to adjust your view a bit to see the clear patches in amongst the rain. I was bitter and jaded by the time I was a teenager so I was used to having a dim view of everything, and a couple of years ago I taught myself to embrace a cautious optimism. It's hard keeping it up at times, as things do often take a turn for the bleak, but persistence is key: there is good out there in the world, and when you accept that human history is a story of suffering, you realise that things these days really aren't all that bad overall. Things are better than they've ever been, even through all the hardship.

If you look for the bad, you'll find it, and likewise the good. I say always seek the good, even when it must be found in amongst the dirt of this frequently painful existence.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Scribble
Idk man, things have improved over time. It may not seem that way, but you have to adjust your view a bit to see the clear patches in amongst the rain. I was bitter and jaded by the time I was a teenager so I was used to having a dim view of everything, and a couple of years ago I taught myself to embrace a cautious optimism. It's hard keeping it up at times, as things do often take a turn for the bleak, but persistence is key: there is good out there in the world, and when you accept that human history is a story of suffering, you realise that things these days really aren't all that bad overall. Things are better than they've ever been, even through all the hardship.

If you look for the bad, you'll find it, and likewise the good. I say always seek the good, even when it must be found in amongst the dirt of this frequently painful existence. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, oil fields on fire in Kuwait, I have watched diamonds glitter in South Africa as the miners struggle to buy food. All these moments will be lost in time like southern Europe to desertification.

Scribble
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, oil fields on fire in Kuwait, I have watched diamonds glitter in South Africa as the miners struggle to buy food. All these moments will be lost in time like southern Europe to desertification. This is too perfect to add anything more

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/17/2a/24/172a2464319c494df07a3f36adf86205.gif

Mindship
Originally posted by dadudemon
It's what happens when you have a society built around female privilege. Women are deified and can never be wrong in the US. So many women are toxic in the US after decades of female privilege that they feel like no one can ever contradict them or tell them they are wrong. So they turn into Karens by the time they reach their 30s. It's like no one ever taught their daughters how to be wrong in the US after 1975. Too much emphasis on "Rights" without equal weight on "Responsibilities." And I've ranted about that often enough.

One thing I definitely taught my daughter was how to say, "I'm sorry," when wrong, and I did it by example. I've made my share of errors, and it's never easy to admit when you're wrong. But a society can not grow in healthy fashion without humility, honesty, and mutual respect.

I also tell her now and then that this is why the "Matriarchy," per se, is not gonna save the world. To her credit, and regarding many -- not all -- of her peers, she tends to agree.

you know, I think it's our age we keep hoping people will be nicer to each other generation after generation and people keep getting to 30 and carry the same bigoted and corrupt ideas with them. I need optimism too, I just cant find it. The death of hope? Is that why hippies became yuppies? stick out tongue

In the long arc of civilization, things have improved overall. But the tics of the clock of progress are sometimes spaced maddeningly far apart.

Old Man Whirly!
Too much emphasis on "Rights" without equal weight on "Responsibilities." And I've ranted about that often enough.

One thing I definitely taught my daughter was how to say, "I'm sorry," when wrong, and I did it by example. I've made my share of errors, and it's never easy to admit when you're wrong. But a society can not grow in healthy fashion without humility, honesty, and mutual respect.

I also tell her now and then that this is why the "Matriarchy," per se, is not gonna save the world. To her credit, and regarding many -- not all -- of her peers, she tends to agree.

The death of hope? Is that why hippies became yuppies? stick out tongue

In the long arc of civilization, things have improved overall. But the tics of the clock of progress are sometimes spaced maddeningly far apart. I'm always going to wonder about the things have improved overall metric. One of my happiest times was living on rice and a small amount of meat for 6 months training in Muay Thai in Thailand. Another was working for WHO in a village in India, eating locally produced food... we lost our freedom for fridges and cell phones somewhere.

Eon Blue

Mindship
I'm always going to wonder about the things have improved overall metric. One of my happiest times was living on rice and a small amount of meat for 6 months training in Muay Thai in Thailand. Another was working for WHO in a village in India, eating locally produced food... we lost our freedom for fridges and cell phones somewhere. Man I swear, if you ever post how you spent a year studying at a Shaolin temple, I'm gonna have to insist you write an autobiography. I would definitely read it.

Impediment
"I have a breathing problem!"

laughing out loud

Sounds like you have a personal and psychological problem, you tw@t.

dadudemon
Too much emphasis on "Rights" without equal weight on "Responsibilities." And I've ranted about that often enough.

Very succinctly put. And it is much kinder than the way I put it.

This is how you're supposed to raise kids properly. This is excellent.

The death of hope? Is that why hippies became yuppies? stick out tongue

In the long arc of civilization, things have improved overall. But the tics of the clock of progress are sometimes spaced maddeningly far apart.

I think you've captured it - people really really feel like they have to force their will on others. That they must force others to think, act, and say in exactly the way that they whimsically believe is correct, at that moment. When we progress to the point where two people can disagree and both go "Oh well, we disagree. I won't force you to think my way" we will have succeeded. Right now, we are stuck in the "everyone must think how I think and feel how I feel or they are the devil."

Surtur
did she have a letter from her doctor about her respiratory issues?!

steverules_2
Originally posted by Impediment

laughing out loud

You should do her in the butthole

Old Man Whirly!
Man I swear, if you ever post how you spent a year studying at a Shaolin temple, I'm gonna have to insist you write an autobiography. I would definitely read it. Haha, never did that and too old now, as soon as the Lockdown finishes I am hitting my 52 distinct country. Unfortunately as what's going on there will be newsworthy then. I had better not say.

Mindship
When we progress to the point where two people can disagree and both go "Oh well, we disagree. I won't force you to think my way" we will have succeeded. I wonder how goes it in the Kellyanne Conway household.

Old Man Whirly!
Very succinctly put. And it is much kinder than the way I put it.

This is how you're supposed to raise kids properly. This is excellent.

I think you've captured it - people really really feel like they have to force their will on others. That they must force others to think, act, and say in exactly the way that they whimsically believe is correct, at that moment. When we progress to the point where two people can disagree and both go "Oh well, we disagree. I won't force you to think my way" we will have succeeded. Right now, we are stuck in the "everyone must think how I think and feel how I feel or they are the devil." Not really, the acceptance of some views is unacceptable, the adoption of many far right views as people who would not have without Trump, Brexit and Boris engaged in the mainstream show a collapse of the cordon sanitaire. Some views as people found too late in the 1930's should be actively despised and quarantined. Lest we forget.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
No proof thumb up

It is on video. She called a store employee a "Democrat *****," and said COVID-19 is a hoax.

Eon Blue

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Impediment

laughing out loud

She has a breathing problem, except for all the yelling and histrionics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.