Bands you no longer like

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
What are the Bands you once liked in the past but now you hate them in the current time.

For me I'd say Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Queen, They all suck!.

Old Man Whirly!
Rainbow, Def Leppard, most 80's metal tbh.

truejedi
Nickleback, creed, yellowcard, all-american rejects, Eminem (im going to go ahead and include artists)

dadudemon
Static X.

Used to listen to them a lot when I was 19-21. I listened to them again, recently. Can't stand them. WTF is wrong with me?

Eon Blue

BackFire
Slipknots latest album was really impressive imo.

Eon Blue

Scribble
For me it'd have to be some of that late 2000s emo, especially The Used, I tried listening to them again recently and they suck pretty bad.

The most egregious one though would probably be Richard Cheese. I thought he was funny I guess, now the very idea of his music repels me. It's just... shit. True hackery.

I've ended up listening to loads of other music I'd find cringe from my earlier days and finding that I actually still like it. I'd make cases for MCR, Fall Out Boy, Green Day... hell I even listened to some Avenged Sevenfold recently and it was so nostalgic that I enjoyed it. I used to be very dismissive of my old tastes but I've made peace with a lot of it now.

Insane Titan

Impediment
Slipknot quickly lost their appeal and became associated with MMA douchebags who wear Tapout shirts and wear their sunglasses backwards on their skulls.

Ditto Machine Head plus the fact that Rob Flynn became a whining SJW.

robotflug
I used to like Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Queen. These days I realized what steaming pile of garbage those bands are and just best to ignore them.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Impediment
Slipknot quickly lost their appeal and became associated with MMA douchebags who wear Tapout shirts and wear their sunglasses backwards on their skulls.

Ditto Machine Head plus the fact that Rob Flynn became a whining SJW. Didn't you just get mad at off-topic stuff in the GDF?...

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Impediment

Ditto Machine Head plus the fact that Rob Flynn became a whining SJW.

Burn My Eyes is still the best debut metal album ever. Absolutely outstanding.

robotflug
The Band Gorillaz mostly SUCKS!, they rarely even have any good songs.

Eon Blue

Mindship
Many bands/performers I just got tired of. Can't really say I 'no longer like' them, because sometimes I can still be in the mood for one.

Exception: Elton John. His work up to and including Captain Fantastic: fantastic. After Cap Fan: I couldn't stand it. When I'd hear him on the radio, I'd turn it off.

robotflug
I remember in the past, I used to think the movie Pink Floyd: The Wall was cool.

Nowadays when looking back at The Wall, its a very boring crappy movie thats not interesting. Plus Pink Floyd is a steaming pile of garbage.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by robotflug
I remember in the past, I used to think the movie Pink Floyd: The Wall was cool.

Nowadays when looking back at The Wall, its a very boring crappy movie thats not interesting. Plus Pink Floyd is a steaming pile of garbage. Pretty much.

Eon Blue
I love Pink Floyd. Animals is my favorite album by them.

Scribble
Originally posted by Eon Blue
I love Pink Floyd. Animals is my favorite album by them. Animals is excellent. I'm more of a 'Meddle' girl, but Animals is close.

The Wall is a masterpiece of an album, **** anyone who says otherwise. I love Pink's slow descent into narcissistic fascism, it's terrifying and powerful. Hey You is debatably my favourite Floyd song, other than Echoes.

Old Man Whirly!
Floyd are one of those bands who are considered cooler by people not old enough to remember them in their heyday tbh.

robotflug
As for Red Hot Chili Peppers, That was another band I used to enjoy in the past a long time ago. These days, I see them as a really lame funk rock band thats not entertaining in anyway. It's just full of unbearable douchebags.

Eon Blue

carthage
Mudvayne, Machine Head, Chimaira, Cradle of Filth, American Head Charge, God Forbid,

When I was younger I loved heavy music a lot more, and would frequently sample all styles of metal across the spectrum. Those bands just never stuck with me and I haven't listened to some of their songs for years on end. I also don't listen to anywhere near as much black/death metal as I did in my early twenties. I tend to just stick to the bands I loved from that era

Eon Blue

robotflug
Aside from trash like RHCP and Pink Floyd.

As a former fan of Queen, I just can't stand them and they are just terrible.

Eon Blue
The Beatles are trash.

Scribble
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Floyd are one of those bands who are considered cooler by people not old enough to remember them in their heyday tbh. People who judge a band's merits by whether they are 'cool' or not are morons.

I judge music by how it sounds, not whether the band or artist has a certain status.

But even then, all the older people I know like Floyd to varying degrees. My dad and his brother are huge Floyd fans, even though they pretended to hate them through the punk era. Same with Genesis. But they got over that stage of anti-intellectual pretension a long time ago, because they are smart and honest people.
The Beatles are trash. How dare you! haermm

robotflug
Nothing wrong with people moving on and just hating bands they once liked in the past.

Impediment
ICP.

I was a hardcore Juggalo when I was a teenager and I proudly wore my clown makeup.

I haven't listened to ICP in years but I still respect them for achieving such success and their accomplishments.

Haters can hate all they want. ICP built an empire out of literally nothing.

I do, however, still jam Twiztid. Those guys are seriously talented and rap about straight up horror core.

robotflug
People like to think the Red Hot Chili Peppers never done anything bad before but they did corrupt things like sexual battery.

Old Man Whirly!
Aside from trash like RHCP and Pink Floyd.

As a former fan of Queen, I just can't stand them and they are just terrible. Saw Queen live, were great but yeah, shit to listen to know. Floyd are just shite.

gold slorg
honestly i wonder what drives people to hate bands they liked before when they didn't even change the taste much (i mean - they still like mostly the same genres)

i don't mean being "meh, not really my thing" or "yeah they were good bot nothing next to stuff i listen to now" but legit considering bands you liked before terrible shit, never really got that

myself, i abandoned rock mostly (listened to it when i was 12-20) and went full onto classical music, and most of the stuff I listened to when I was more into rock now pretty much bores me, but I can't say I dislike any of them, I just got bored after years

Eon Blue

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by gold slorg
honestly i wonder what drives people to hate bands they liked before when they didn't even change the taste much (i mean - they still like mostly the same genres)

i don't mean being "meh, not really my thing" or "yeah they were good bot nothing next to stuff i listen to now" but legit considering bands you liked before terrible shit, never really got that

myself, i abandoned rock mostly (listened to it when i was 12-20) and went full onto classical music, and most of the stuff I listened to when I was more into rock now pretty much bores me, but I can't say I dislike any of them, I just got bored after years i think the thread is dislike rather than hate. Interesting you have abandoned rock, is that because you find beats more interesting than melody and lyrics.

I also thin your taste changes as your stages of like change and as the time many bands belong to wanes. I was a little young for true punk, I didn't enter my teens till 1980. The moment for punk was short lived and caused by a variety of socio economic issues. Does that stop me enjoying it in hindsight? No, does it reduce its personal relevance... sure. A lot of what we liked becomes Nostalgia, who we were with, what we were doing and that in itself is viewed through a distorting lens.

Eon Blue
I was a total goth kid growing up.

gold slorg
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
i think the thread is dislike rather than hate. Interesting you have abandoned rock, is that because you find beats more interesting than melody and lyrics.

I also thin your taste changes as your stages of like change and as the time many bands belong to wanes. I was a little young for true punk, I didn't enter my teens till 1980. The moment for punk was short lived and caused by a variety of socio economic issues. Does that stop me enjoying it in hindsight? No, does it reduce its personal relevance... sure. A lot of what we liked becomes Nostalgia, who we were with, what we were doing and that in itself is viewed through a distorting lens.

yeah i mean the posts that say "now i think they're utter shity garbage" not just "don't really like them now"

and well classical music just feels insanely more emotional, way more raw emotions for me, has more beauty for me, is far broader, rock feels insanely simple compared to the scale of old symphonies

Eon Blue
I can appreciate classical and rock music equally, along with electronic, ambient, folk, metal, etc.

Old Man Whirly!
I was a total goth kid growing up. Me too, the cure, bauhuas etc.

Old Man Whirly!
yeah i mean the posts that say "now i think they're utter shity garbage" not just "don't really like them now"

and well classical music just feels insanely more emotional, way more raw emotions for me, has more beauty for me, is far broader, rock feels insanely simple compared to the scale of old symphonies Originally posted by Eon Blue
I can appreciate classical and rock music equally, along with electronic, ambient, folk, metal, etc. yeah, i like some classical too. No all, but then I don't like all of any genre, but I like some of most.

Eon Blue

Jmanghan
Anything emo, stuff like Sleeping With Sirens, Black Veil Brides, Pierce the Veil, Never Shout Never, The Ready Set, etc.

It was all my generation listened to as teenagers and now I find it repulsive.

Old Man Whirly!

Old Man Whirly!
Defford and Tilbrook

robotflug

and well classical music just feels insanely more emotional, way more raw emotions for me, has more beauty for me, is far broader, rock feels insanely simple compared to the scale of old symphonies

Why the hell does that matter?, nothing wrong with anyone losing interest in bands and just hating them.

Old Man Whirly!
difford ffs

gold slorg
Why the hell does that matter?, nothing wrong with anyone losing interest in bands and just hating them.

i'm not saying anything's wrong with that, lol, i'm just saying what i explicitly did - that i don't really understand that; talking about not understanding things is as far from judging as possible imo

but yeah, i can imagine loving music because of specific culture attached to it, and then, well, you decide this culture actually sucks and is messed up so things affiliated to it suddenly start to stink

probably part of me having a problem understanding how largely can things change here (i.e. going from "man i love this"->"this is shit it's ****ing terrible kill me pls" not just "man i love this"->"meh it's actually boring next to new stuff"wink is that I pretty much never cared for things attached to the music, just liked music itself

in Poland the only kinds of music that had specific culture attached to them were the types I didn't like from the start, and music I liked in here my entire life was as culture-neutral as possible actually laughing

Old Man Whirly!
This thread is good and deserves resurrection. Oasis.

Blakemore
I hate Oasis. Some of their songs when I first heard them and saw everyone singing along, I thought, hey these are catchy, but now that I've heard them played constantly in every nightclub pretending to be a student bar or a rock bar just makes me want to cut my ears off.

R.E.M. are a good group that I genuinely loved listening to, but after hearing them so much and how everyone states an opinion on them they obviously heard from a boring T.V. show like you've never heard it before just makes me want to vomit.

"Everybody hurts is the saddest song and the happiest song!"
"Losing my religion was offensive when it was first released"
"End of the world has so many random words in it, no other song had done that before"

**** OFF!

Impediment

Old Man Whirly!
Status Quo, apart from one or two like living on an island and dirty water.

Blakemore
But of a weird one, but when I got Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance in 2002 it had a song from Adema called "Immortal" which was awesome.

I became a big fanboy as Nu Metal was the big thing back then, but I stopped listening to them and Nu Metal completely by about 2008.

Now it's simply just for nostalgia reasons, but all of them, Korn, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, System of a Down, (I never listened to Slipknot) I just can't stand their whiny lyrics. P.O.D. is an odd one because they were more upbeat with religious undertones.

Adam_PoE
A good example of this is P!nk. Her first album is R&B, and her subsequent albums are pop-rock. If you got on board with her as an artist, because you liked her debut album, then you are probably going to jump ship once the subsequent albums come out, and are nothing like the first one.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
A good example of this is P!nk. Her first album is R&B, and her subsequent albums are pop-rock. If you got on board with her as an artist, because you liked her debut album, then you are probably going to jump ship once the subsequent albums come out, and are nothing like the first one. I remember at university I was in a pub with a colleague and his teammates/friends from basketball and they kept trying to out macho each other by making weird pervy comments on pinks music video where she stretches her legs and shit.

Honestly, I never really cared for Pink. Her fans seemed low IQ and don't have any critical thought other than "what's the popular opinion? Oh, seeing a woman's legs"

Blakemore
I liked Cold Play when they were new, fresh, soft and ridiculed for being too mellow.

Then they changed their sound and and the creativity in the lyrics have just gone so low it's like they're not the same band.

ColinGrimes
I think 5-6 years ago I was in love with Nickleback, but I can't listen to them now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.