----------- !!! Herald [Low & Mid] Tourney !!!! -----------

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Rules:
1). Characters are assigned at random using a list randomizer
2). 1 mid-herald and 1 low-herald (separate, not merged)
3). If you're unsatisfied with one of your picks, you get one other randomized pick (you can only change once, from only one of the tiers, and you're stuck with the new one and can't revert the the old one)
4). 3 posts (opener, rebuttal, final)
5). We'll discuss prep, if needed. Leaning towards none.

Rules will be updated as we talk.

The tiers:

Who's in?

Martian_mind
If it happens, count me in.

MrMind
we don't deserve you phil

wouldn't it be more fun if we get to pick our own characters?

either way I'm in

JBL
A lot of those characters are High Herald. Who made your list?

McNasty996
I'd be interested

Stoic
Originally posted by JBL

They're going with a gut feeling is my guess. Kurse is apparently Mid Herald lol.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL

We all did , it was in the discussion thread.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
We all did , it was in the discussion thread.

How did Kurse ever become a mid Herald? He was able to beat up on two high Herald characters simultaneously. Beta Ray Bill can't possibly be mid Herald, if it comes up. Not if he broke even with Stardust who is a high Herald. I shudder at the thought of who you guys decided was actually high Herald? Thanos? Tyrant? Odin? Galactus himself? Lol

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
How did Kurse ever become a mid Herald? He was able to beat up on two high Herald characters simultaneously. Beta Ray Bill can't possibly be mid Herald, if it comes up. Not if he broke even with Stardust who is a high Herald. I shudder at the thought of who you guys decided was actually high Herald? Thanos? Tyrant? Odin? Galactus himself? Lol

Lol I do love how you A: act as if there isn't a tier list that ANYONE can simply look at, and B: only pass shade at the Marvel guys.

Thor is a HH, BRB is below him. Same way Bizarro/Shazam/BA are all mids. Same way Guy Gardner/John Stewart/Sodam/Kilowog are below Hal.

Stardust, incidentally, is ALSO a mid herald, so BRB breaking even with him is....consistent. Surfer is a High herald, and the other heralds are all below him in feats.

Put it this way. HHs are your Surfer, your Thor, your Supermen, your Hals. The others, good as they are, can't compare to them in feats.

Odin is Skyfather (so above trans). Thanos and depowered Tyrant are Trans. Galactus himself is above Skyfather.

Happy? Or do you want to cry some more over imagined slights?

HulkIsHulk
The tier.list has been around for years Stoic. Whether its right or wrong you didn't bother to.look at it untill now

Philosophía
Originally posted by Martian_mind
If it happens, count me in. thumb up

Originally posted by MrMind
we don't deserve you phil

wouldn't it be more fun if we get to pick our own characters?

either way I'm in I want to introduce luck into drafting, and also make people a bit uncomfortable in not having their desired characters.

Also, research is a fun part of tourneys, and it's more boring when you already know the characters.

Also, even if somebody isn't too good at it, they can win if, if they land somebody like Graviton against Juggernaut or whatnot.

Originally posted by McNasty996
I'd be interested
Hm, not to sound like a douche, but I don't know you. We usually don't risk tourneys with people that are not active on the forum, since it's a possibility it could go off rails.

Adam Grimes
How did Kurse ever become a mid Herald? He was able to beat up on two high Herald characters simultaneously. Beta Ray Bill can't possibly be mid Herald, if it comes up. Not if he broke even with Stardust who is a high Herald. I shudder at the thought of who you guys decided was actually high Herald? Thanos? Tyrant? Odin? Galactus himself? Lol So you're outright trolling now. erm

Parmaniac
https://media3.giphy.com/media/l0MYGVHg3tdtAn7y0/giphy.gif

Philosophía
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/038/866/1e0.gif

Smurph
I would lean towards no prep, besides possibly allowing for shields up.

Happy to judge, if you need.

DarkSaint85
You should be happy to join in, Smurph. Perhaps you may get that mid-herald crown...

Galan007
Phil: "I'm not trying to sound like a douche, but f*ck you."

thumb up

Smurph
You should be happy to join in, Smurph. Perhaps you may get that mid-herald crown... I would join if each round was a single post, and I could just make shit up about whichever shitty character I get in the draft. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Lol hey now, I only won my BZ with you cos you forfeited mid way stick out tongue

Philosophía
Originally posted by Smurph
I would lean towards no prep, besides possibly allowing for shields up.

Happy to judge, if you need. thumb up

----

McNasty996, it's ok if you want yo participate but do you have the resources besides respect threads? They're not reliable. Character appearances, where to read comics online etc. I can Pm them to you.

DarkSaint85
I may throw my hat into the ring.

Supermutant
I may throw my hat into the ring.

https://i.imgur.com/yPLOJKE.gif

If this is kept to marvel/dc characters then I am in, otherwise DS can breathe a sigh of relief.

MrMind
so this is still happening or...I just think it's better if we get it going quick

4 people is good enough

supermutant, mrmind, darksaint, martian mind ?

judges: phil, smurph, galan ?

Philosophía
Let's see if somebody else is willing for the remainder of the weekend.

abhilegend
I'm in

Philosophía
Awesome thumb up

---

Guys, there's 77 mid-heralds and 119 low-heralds.

Feel free to choose a number between 1-77 and 1-119 .

I will PM Galan if he's willing to help the list of characters and he'll put it through a randomizer, then assign the characters based on number.

Example:

11 - low

Randomized:

DarkSaint85
Mid: 33
Low: 69 (ayyyy!)

MrMind
mid 77

low 1

Galan007
As long as you guys are planning to start this pretty soon, I can help with whatever you need. thumb up

I'd rather not judge, but I can if you aren't able to get enough people.

abhilegend
Mid 26
Low 71

Supermutant
2 & 2

Philosophía
Since you're already four we can start and see where we fit in the rest as we go along.

Before I pm galan to give your picks...

when do you want to start? 1 week between beginning and end is ok?
any prep time?
these will be 1v1 matches. match ups will also be random.

abhilegend
Ok

MrMind
I prefer no prep, hopefully I can get the characters and matchup this weekend, so I can write my sexy opening

Martian_mind
Mid-18

Low-11

DarkSaint85
Yes to prep, 1-2 weeks for the match

Martian_mind
No to prep, 1 week for the match.

Philosophía
Darksaint mid = 33, low = 69
Abhi mid = 26, low = 71
Supermutant mid = 2, low = 2
Mr. Mind mid = 77, low = 1
Martian_Mind mid = 18, low = 11

Let's say 1v3 and 2v4. The one that's #5 in the list after the randomization will wait for other participants.

---
If there's prep, I'd say 5 seconds should be enough without having it a prep battle -- i.e. shields and shit.
1). supermutant and abhi, prep or no? If one of you says no, there's no prep.
2). Opening by tuesday is ok?

Martian_mind
thumb up

Philosophía
Also, no bfr.. laughing out loud

---

I'll throw my name in there just in case we're the only ones.

Mid 13
Low 13

I pmd Galan.

DarkSaint85
If there's prep, let it be an hour.

Philosophía
https://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

Supermutant
yes to prep shields otherwise thumb down

Galan007
*The Teams*

DarkSaint85: MH = John Stewart. LH = Madison Jeffries (BOX IV)abhilegend: MH = Hyperion. LH = KalibakSupermutant: MH= Ultron. LH = Ronan the AccuserMrMind: MH = Kid Omega. LH = Drax The DestroyerMartian_mind: MH = Apocalypse. LH = Atlas (DC)Philosophia: MH = Void (Wildstorm). LH = Dr. Polaris

*As requested, the lists were generated one time for each of you at random.

MrMind
my team is so gay, I request another randomized pick

DarkSaint85
Bear in mind if you do so, you're stuck with what you get

Philosophía
And you can also only randomize for only ONE of the tiers.

MrMind
that's fine, anything is better than that

I'll switch the mid, go mid 20

also for drax do I get classic drax feats, modern drax is by no mean low herald

MrMind
I swear if I get someone like citizen steel, I will literally punch my own balls

Galan007
I'll wait until everyone who's involved has weighed-in before I do a redraft.

Philosophía
So minimal prep solely for shields seems to be the consensus. Everybody in agreement?

that's fine, anything is better than that

I'll switch the mid, go mid 20

also for drax do I get classic drax feats, modern drax is by no mean low herald Yeah, you get Classic Drax.

Mr. Mind, since you're a Wildstorm guy, how good is the Void? shifty

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
*The Teams*

DarkSaint85: MH = John Stewart. LH = Madison Jeffries (BOX IV)abhilegend: MH = Hyperion. LH = KalibakSupermutant: MH= Ultron. LH = Ronan the AccuserMrMind: MH = Kid Omega. LH = Drax The DestroyerMartian_mind: MH = Apocalypse. LH = Atlas (DC)Philosophia: MH = Void (Wildstorm). LH = Dr. Polaris

*As requested, the lists were generated one time for each of you at random.
I want redraft for Low Herald.

abhilegend

MrMind

MrMind
Originally posted by abhilegend
I want redraft for Low Herald.

I swear if you get someone like vulcan to pair up with hyperion abhi I will jump out of the window

DarkSaint85

abhilegend
Alpha Flight member.

DarkSaint85
Oh great. So some shitty Avengers knock off.

MrMind

Also, I get the weakest Lantern

don't be racist DS, #blacklivesmatter

DarkSaint85
Wait Madison is black? She sounds like a white girl. Maybe I can swap her for Kalibak

Galan007
So far MrMind wants a MH redraft, and abhi wants a LH redraft. We'll see if Martian and Supermutant want to redraft.

@Phil and DS: I assume you guys are okay with your initial drafts?

Martian_mind
I'll take a redraft on Apocalypse, please.

Supermutant
Bye Bye Ronan, let's role the dice on LH, cmon Grundy!!

Philosophía
I have to do a bit of research and I'm not at home. I will probably change Void but I will be back with an answer in 3h.
Supermutant, classic Ultron? Abhi which Hyperion?

abhilegend

Galan007
So Just to make sure I've got this right...

MrMind- redraft for MH.
abhi- redraft for LH.
Martian- redraft for MH
Supermutant- redraft for LH.
Phil- potential redraft for MH.
DS- still waiting to see if he wants a redraft.

MrMind
So Just to make sure I've got this right...

MrMind- redraft for MH.
abhi- redraft for LH.
Martian- redraft for MH
Phil- potential redraft for MH.
DS- still waiting to see if he wants a redraft.

thumb up

Galan is like the dad handling bunch of chaotic kids

Galan007
laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
I have no idea who my guys and girls are, but phuck it

Philosophía
Does the Void mean Spartan, or the chick(s)?

MrMind

Philosophía
Ok. Well, f*ck this.

I want a mid-herald change.

#66.

So I guess the finally tally, Galan:

MrMind- redraft for MH.
abhi- redraft for LH.
Martian- redraft for MH
Phil- redraft for MH
DS- ok

Galan007
*The Teams (Mk. II)*

DarkSaint85: MH = John Stewart. LH = Madison Jeffries (BOX IV)abhilegend: MH = Hyperion. LH = Weapon HSupermutant: MH = Ultron. LH = The AtomMrMind: MH = Supreme (original). LH = Drax The DestroyerMartian_mind: MH = Loki. LH = Atlas (DC)Philosophia: MH = O.M.A.C. LH = Dr. Polaris

Philosophía
https://i.giphy.com/media/l1IY7Lv6WKcX6DdFm/giphy.webp

F*ck.

Congrats in advance Martian Mind or Supermutant.

MrMind
and abhi holy shit stacked

are we still doing the prep thing? loki and ultron with prep holy fuk

Philosophía
I legit think I'd lose to everybody here. My low herald is more powerful than my mid herald, that's how bad this is.

Darksaint is the wildcard with John.

---

The prep was agreed to consist in only raising shields.

MrMind
I see, I'll start reading up on both supreme and drax since I know nothing about them.

and wait for who my first opponent is

Philosophía
Supreme is the shit. Ask Galan, lol. Drax is...eh. But he ll do good in a slugfest against anybody here.

I guess he can now randomize and tell us the matches.

Since we are 6, 1v3 and 2v4 doesn't apply anymore. Feel free Galan to choose.

Galan007

Supermutant
What version of Ultron is mid herald? I thought I had Vision for some reason.lol

Galan007
Alright, so here are the randomized matches:

*Philosophia (O.M.A.C./Dr. Polaris) vs. MrMind (Supreme (original)/Drax The Destroyer)

*DarkSaint85 (John Stewart/Madison Jeffries (BOX IV)) vs. Supermutant (Ultron/The Atom)

*Martian_mind (Loki/Atlas(DC)) vs. abhilegend (Hyperion/Weapon H)

Philosophía
Good luck to everybody and have fun. thumb up And thanks for the help, Galan.

Supermutant, I don't know how to answer your question. The 'main' versions that actually have enough feats to count are above MH, and the ones that are not don't really seem to have many feats. Somebody an Ultron connoisseur here?

Smurph
Femtron was strong but still safely mid herald, off the top of my head.

But lots of Ultron versions are super durable but not otherwise powerful enough to be HH.

LordofBrooklyn
I SEE YOU COWARDS STARTED WITHOUT ME THE LORD OF THE BATTLEZONE!!!

abhilegend
I'm against Loki and Atlas?

laughing out loud

abhilegend
When is the first post due?

MrMind
next tuesday

DarkSaint85
Yeah, which version of Ultron am I facing?

Philosophía
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I SEE YOU COWARDS STARTED WITHOUT ME THE LORD OF THE BATTLEZONE!!! Be a judge. Or wait to see if somebody else comes and we can be 8.

Galan007
Too bad leo died. I feel like this would have been right up his alley.

celeyhyga17
Too bad leo died. I feel like this would have been right up his alley.
Wut the?!?!

Philosophía
You guys really need to narrow down Ultron otherwise neither can write his post.

Philosophía
Supermutant, given how the character is hard to narrow down to a specific version/storyline -- it'd be ok if you want to redraft to streamline the pick. Your choice.

Supermutant
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I SEE YOU COWARDS STARTED WITHOUT ME THE LORD OF THE BATTLEZONE!!!

krypto is still available.

For Ultron none of his his newer stuff like Pymtron, Age of Ultron, Phalanxtron or the one that lost to DD. eek!

Supermutant

Supermutant
How about I just take Vision who is Ultron lite and 1 tier down?

Philosophía
Originally posted by Supermutant
Yeah redraft is cool. Originally posted by Supermutant
How about I just take Vision who is Ultron lite and 1 tier down? thumb up

I'd rather we keep it random to be with the theme. But I'm ok with whatever Galan/Darksaint is ok.

Supermutant
Redraft it is then

DarkSaint85
I say randomise. Else I can ask for someone specific like Hal and literally anyone else besides Madhur Jaffrey

Philosophía
https://media.tenor.com/images/c0dc2d892c76ef0802f57cfdd5ac8415/tenor.gif

Pick, Supermutant!

Galan007
Any particular number you want to go with, Supermutant, or is your original draft number good?

Supermutant
What was the number of days for Alberto must recent ban? I'll go with 14.

Galan007
*The Teams (Mk. III)*

DarkSaint85: MH = John Stewart. LH = Madison Jeffries (BOX IV)abhilegend: MH = Hyperion. LH = Weapon HSupermutant: MH = Stardust. LH = The AtomMrMind: MH = Supreme (original). LH = Drax The DestroyerMartian_mind: MH = Loki. LH = Atlas (DC)Philosophia: MH = O.M.A.C. LH = Dr. Polaris

{edit}
And again, here are the opening matches:
Philosophia (O.M.A.C./Dr. Polaris) vs. MrMind (Supreme (original)/Drax The Destroyer) DarkSaint85 (John Stewart/Madison Jeffries (BOX IV)) vs. Supermutant (Stardust/The Atom) Martian_mind (Loki/Atlas(DC)) vs. abhilegend (Hyperion/Weapon H)

DarkSaint85
So some questions.

Prep time. Is it limited to five seconds, or is it limited to shields raised? Like, wtf can Abhi do lmao - although I guess he wouldn't want Loki getting free reign to do whatever he wants in five secs.

I assume the characters are in control, i.e. as a GL, I can't do what Hal or Kyle does, for example, but am limited to John and his failure to prevent Xanthi or whatever that yellow planet was from blowing up?

Philosophía
We agreed on shields.

Yeah, you are limited to solely John's feats obv. I wish I'd use Magneto's versatility, too...

DarkSaint85
Ok.

As John, I assume I have control of the UV spectrum etc too, obv?

Philosophía
laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
What are the battle locales?

MrMind
I need to start writing about supreme,I'm almost done with drax part. Feeling confident about my team's abilities, not my debating skills or concentration though

Philosophía
What are the battle locales? Earth but indestructible would be a good bet.
I need to start writing about supreme,I'm almost done with drax part. Feeling confident about my team's abilities, not my debating skills or concentration though I haven't started yet but i know my team and you're good lmao.

DarkSaint85

Stardust should be HH mad

Philosophía
Do I get the OMAC that has the Brother Eye A.I. or.....the dude who can just....hit...in the face?

Philosophía
I'm asking since OMAC has him in basically all of his appearances. He's like his Nova Mind.

Philosophía
Triple posting, but just to be clear:

I'm not having Brother Eye as a separate character fighting for me, I'm having the OMAC based abilities -- i.e. similar to how Midnighter has the Door technology but NOT the entire Hellcarrier.

MrMind
Phil you can just use composite feats

Philosophía
By Composite you mean new 52 OMAC + Brother Eye A.I., no? I assume you're not referring to composite OMACs from Infinite Crisis because they're overkill, lol.

Soooo....I'll use OMAC Kevin from New 52 and whatever abilities he has shown .

DarkSaint85
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/6/6d/OMAC_Buddy_Blank_002.jpg

MrMind

Philosophía
Unbeatable!

https://i.imgur.com/Lgb54W0.jpg

Supermutant
Stardust should be HH mad

You have 2 mid heralds, I think you'll be alright. OTOH I have a herald reject and a street leveler.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Supermutant
You have 2 mid heralds, I think you'll be alright. OTOH I have a herald reject and a street leveler.

Now now. I have pretty much every Ray Palmer comic, including the 90s ones where he's a dungeons and dragons type character.... he'll do alright.

Supermutant
In that case I'm open to suggestions.

DarkSaint85
I ASSUME you're using Ray, or are you using Ryan?

Smurph
I ASSUME you're using Ray, or are you using Ryan? I read that in Bazie voice.

DarkSaint85
I speak with many voices; when I type, it is with many hands.

Supermutant
I ASSUME you're using Ray, or are you using Ryan?

Reported for racism against Asians. mad

DarkSaint85
Well I just want to know which issues to PM you

abhilegend
Also which version of Loki are we using here?

DarkSaint85
Basically:

Which versions of:

Loki
Drax
Atom

It's confirmed that it's Hickman Hyperion, original Supreme and n52 OMAC (with Brother Eye).

Battle locale is an indestructible Earth, no BFR, prep-time limited to creating shields?

Martian_mind
I've been operating under the assumption that it's Loki prior to turning into a child again, as that was the incarnation around when we made the list.

Philosophía
Wanna move the opening post to Wednesday or later?
Question is for everybody.

DarkSaint85
Yup, reliant on people answering questions in a timely and serious manner mad

Philosophía
Friday to have the full weekend for rebuttal?

Mr Mind I assume you're composite drax -- smart original drax + post resurrection dumb drax.

abhilegend

Philosophía
I think it's classic Loki when the list was made. Same for Palmer as Atom.

MrMind

Philosophía
I just used classic drax

I didn't even bother with post resurrection drax's pathetic feats thumb up

I assume you mean you're ignoring the small Drax from his latest resurrection. The buff Drax(es) are your composite (dumb, smart etc.).

Martian_mind
Classic Loki it is. Also, who are we sending these write ups to?

Philosophía
Galan. Everybody ok on friday?

MrMind

Supermutant
And here I thought I got every comic character that has ever used ATOM in their name. Of course it's Ray. DS paranoia is more fun than the actual battle.

Galan007
Just to make sure I'm on the same page...

Opening posts should be submitted by this Friday (7/10/20), and the stips are: fight takes place on an indestructible Earth, no BFR, prep-time is limited solely to creating shields?

Philosophía
Yes thumb up

---

Do you all want the standard starting distance or scattered randomly on Earth? Or a different distance?

DarkSaint85
I want to be in Dr Doom's lair, with all his equipment available to me.

Galan007
Cool.

Since I'll be posting the openers, one request I have is for everyone to try and do their write-ups in a format that is 'KMC friendly'... Otherwise I may not be able to copy/paste things correctly.

I know Phil has used this site in the past for his write-ups, and it works perfectly on KMC:
https://justpaste.it/

DarkSaint85
thumb up thanks, Galan

Galan007
Got your post, DS.

Philosophía
I wrote it for him thumb up

Galan007
That explains a lot. ermm

Philosophía
https://media1.tenor.com/images/e1e8c4163394cd5947d023ac5fa80860/tenor.gif

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>