Who is correct in this scenario?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Three real "characters' in this situation:

Gun Lady
Teenager
Mom

Before you watch the video, here is a break down of what happened before the video starts:

Here are the facts they agree on:
Both parties are at a shopping mall.
At some point, physical contact was made between the two parties.

Here's where they differ:
Gun Lady says the teenager invaded her personal space and bumped into her as she was walking passed her. Gun Lady then said, "Excuse you!" And the confrontation began. Teenager agrees that Gun Lady said "Excuse you!"

The teenager said they were both walking and as they passed, Gun Lady purposefully bumped into her. Then said "Excuse you!" and then the teeanger demanded an apology from Gun Lady.

Shortly after that argument began, the video begins.

A shortened version of the video is what is being passed around on the internet and in news articles. It's always best to watch the full video and never fall for sneakily edited video clips.

Here's the full video of the confrontation from what we have and not the sneaky 20 second edit:

iZhdMcrBuDU

FYI, I see no evidence that either the Teenager or the Gun lady are responsible for the sneaky edit. The sneaky edit is done by other people not involved who are pushing a certain narrative.

Some people are saying the Gun Lady was right to pull the gun when the Mom ran behind the van as they tried to pull out of the parking lot.

Some people, not in agreement with the above, are saying the mom was right to quickly get behind the Gun Lady's car as her husband was trying to drive away to stop the Gun Lady from leaving. These same people are also saying that the Mom and Teenager were right to confront Gun Lady and block her path to get in her car until the Gun Lady apologized because racism was behind Gun Lady's actions and they were not going to tolerate it.

What are your thoughts on this situation? Who was right? Who was wrong? Who do you think is lying about the "bump"?

Before you read this article, make sure you watch the whole video. And then read this article and tell me where you differ from WaPo's summary of the events:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/02/michigan-woman-gun-video/

Surtur
Ran out of free articles and WaPo is behind a firewall. So I can't read it, but I've heard about this.

Video shows the black women were in the wrong. Blocked her path, wouldn't let the situation go, threatened violence, etc.

And the black women are racist. At one point she says "I'll beat your white ass too" to the guy. She was leaving, why block her car?

And especially in today's climate, the woman with the gun is correct.

Old Man Whirly!
Ahh it's propaganda!

Surtur
WaPo is propaganda a lot of the time yeah.

DarthAloysius
It doesn't look as if the mother tries deliberately block the car but just walked behind it (at 1:25 she looks like she's walking off, disinterested) got angry when the car entered her path and hit the bonnet.

At which point the white woman responds by pulling a gun on her. Both are overreactions. The black mother & daughter shouldn't have forced a confrontation (as they were obviously trying to do) and the white woman shouldn't have pulled a gun on two unarmed civilans for *checks notes* banging their car. Stupid prizes all around.

Surtur
She just happened to do that with the car of the woman she harassed, etc. It's a coinky dink!

Right. Well, even if so, can't blame the other woman for thinking otherwise. No sane person would, at any rate.

Artol

Surtur
In normal times no, but these current times the left created with their pathetic violence?

Nah.

These folk don't get to burn and behave like animals and then expect the benefit of the doubt. Sorry.

Artol

Surtur
Yep I do. Cuz she doesn't know what they will do.

And in this violent atmosphere, there is to be no crying over this IMO.

Especially if these folk keep their mouths shut over blacks getting murdered in CHOP.

Don't start nothing? Won't be nothing.

Artol

Silent Master
I disagree with drawing a gun, but preventing someone from leaving is technically False imprisonment. should have just taken their picture and called the police and reported them for false imprisonment.

Surtur

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
I disagree with drawing a gun, but preventing someone from leaving is technically False imprisonment. should have just taken their picture and called the police and reported them for false imprisonment.

In normal times yes, but these aren't normal times. We have protesters randomly shooting people, etc.

Silent Master
All the more reason to practice CYA tactics.

Surtur
This reminds me of that couple in St. Louis who came out of their house armed protesters broke into their gated community on private property.

People need to think. Tensions are high.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
Ran out of free articles and WaPo is behind a firewall. So I can't read it, but I've heard about this.

Video shows the black women were in the wrong. Blocked her path, wouldn't let the situation go, threatened violence, etc.

And the black women are racist. At one point she says "I'll beat your white ass too" to the guy. She was leaving, why block her car?

And especially in today's climate, the woman with the gun is correct.

Yes, of course she is. Especially, as you correctly pointed out in your later posts, in the current state our country is in where there is no assurance that the police will even have your back anymore if someone is threatening you. People are being forced to take the law into their own hands.

Idiotic leftists seem to think the only time pulling a gun on someone in self defense is ok is if you've already been hurt by them lol. What the woman in the car did is understandable and so is what the couple did who were defending their homes from BLM thugs who broke into a gated private community.

Thank God for the castle doctrine. Assuming the lawyer they got is even moderately decent they should have no problem being cleared of any wrongdoing.

The thugs who broke thru the private community gates should have their butts locked-up for a long time though. Those BLM f***s think they can do whatever the hell they want and get away with it simply because they know the left-wing media will cover for them. They all need a good dose of reality and growing up by spending a long time in jail for their illegal actions.

dadudemon
Originally posted by DarthAloysius
It doesn't look as if the mother tries deliberately block the car but just walked behind it (at 1:25 she looks like she's walking off, disinterested) got angry when the car entered her path and hit the bonnet.

At which point the white woman responds by pulling a gun on her. Both are overreactions. The black mother & daughter shouldn't have forced a confrontation (as they were obviously trying to do) and the white woman shouldn't have pulled a gun on two unarmed civilans for *checks notes* banging their car. Stupid prizes all around.

I need a better angle. I still cannot see the Mom walk behind the car. Or hit the car. Maybe I'm just dumb.

Regardless, if the vents are as you describe, I think I agree with your assessment.

I don't understand why the Mom would walk behind the car when it is pulling out, anyway. That just seems dumb or like she was trying to instigate the fight. The Gun Lady should not have gotten out of the car, as well. Just had her husband pull forward and reverse like Austin Powers until they were gone. Then again, I don't want to shoot anyone and I'd rather not kill someone who is clearly not a physical threat to my life.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Silent Master

I have no idea if you're right about the false imprisonment idea but I know better than to argue with you.

I also agree with your assessment.

dadudemon
Found more news on this situation.

Gun Lady was pregnant.

Both the Husband and the Wife were arrested.

https://apnews.com/a9a76dcc1b4a3d011d9c8278158154cd

Holy shit, this just got serious business.

vansonbee
Does being pregnant changes the situation or not? Was she in fear of her unborn child safety around these she-hulks?

dadudemon
Originally posted by vansonbee
Does being pregnant changes the situation or not? Was she in fear of her unborn child safety around these she-hulks?

Arguments like that would work for cops, honestly. They have much lower levels of danger requirements when they can pull the trigger.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Gun Lady was clearly pregnant (Probably 3-4 months in), and by the end of the video, you could tell she was just super emotional and protective.

It was 50/50 until she got into her car, apologized, and tried to leave. She genuinely tried to deescalate the situation. The mother was acting like a racist animal, threatening physical violence.

Being a shitty, tribal, and antagonistic POS is a Universally human trait. In the West, you have a serious obsession with it, and use it to justify all sorts of personal interactions as some sort of symbolic representation of broader issues. As someone who grow up in Africa, it's frankly very odd to me.

If I was Husband, and some loud-mouthed ******* got in my pregnant woman's face and threatened me, I would have back-handed the shit out of them, woman or male and gone on my way. Imo, the couple showed amazing restraint.

This POS is throwing around the racist card like its goddamn Uno and tbh, just turned a few hundred people that weren't racist or tried to be objective about race, a little further into the prejudice side.

For the couple, I dk why a pregnant woman has access to firearm so readily. Imo, the husband should have dealt with the situation more actively.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by dadudemon
Found more news on this situation.

Gun Lady was pregnant.

Both the Husband and the Wife were arrested.

https://apnews.com/a9a76dcc1b4a3d011d9c8278158154cd

Holy shit, this just got serious business.

4-year felony? Oh f*ck right off man. You're going to ruin a couples' lives and drag them through the mud for what reason?

I swear to god, this mob justice bullshit is POS. Excessive charging and over-jailing for shit that clearly is not worthwhile is what LED to most of the major problems like rampant single-parent children in black communities in the America.

DarthAloysius
Originally posted by dadudemon
I need a better angle. I still cannot see the Mom walk behind the car. Or hit the car. Maybe I'm just dumb.

Regardless, if the vents are as you describe, I think I agree with your assessment.

I don't understand why the Mom would walk behind the car when it is pulling out, anyway. That just seems dumb or like she was trying to instigate the fight. The Gun Lady should not have gotten out of the car, as well. Just had her husband pull forward and reverse like Austin Powers until they were gone. Then again, I don't want to shoot anyone and I'd rather not kill someone who is clearly not a physical threat to my life. Yeah its pretty difficulty to see but that was my take. You can see the mother walking away in the direction of the car rear in the window reflection. A few seconds later the daughter says "ma watch!" - I assume "watch out". Then when the camera pans back (1:33) it looks like the mother is looking at the car angrily and says something like "you tryna ****ing hit me?", car keeps reversing, she hits the bonnet.

Seems consistent with what the mother claimed, but I also think she deliberately tried to make a scene out of it/escalate the situation, she could have just moved out of the way.

DarthAloysius
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
4-year felony? Oh f*ck right off man. You're going to ruin a couples' lives and drag them through the mud for what reason?

I swear to god, this mob justice bullshit is POS. Excessive charging and over-jailing for shit that clearly is not worthwhile is what LED to most of the major problems like rampant single-parent children in black communities in the America. 4 years is the max charge, hopefully they don't get that. Not sure why the husband is getting charged though, what was his involvement?

Artol
I would hope that they don't get any prison time.

dadudemon
The Gun Lady was clearly pregnant (Probably 3-4 months in), and by the end of the video, you could tell she was just super emotional and protective.

It was 50/50 until she got into her car, apologized, and tried to leave. She genuinely tried to deescalate the situation. The mother was acting like a racist animal, threatening physical violence.

Being a shitty, tribal, and antagonistic POS is a Universally human trait. In the West, you have a serious obsession with it, and use it to justify all sorts of personal interactions as some sort of symbolic representation of broader issues. As someone who grow up in Africa, it's frankly very odd to me.

If I was Husband, and some loud-mouthed ******* got in my pregnant woman's face and threatened me, I would have back-handed the shit out of them, woman or male and gone on my way. Imo, the couple showed amazing restraint.

This POS is throwing around the racist card like its goddamn Uno and tbh, just turned a few hundred people that weren't racist or tried to be objective about race, a little further into the prejudice side.

For the couple, I dk why a pregnant woman has access to firearm so readily. Imo, the husband should have dealt with the situation more actively.

I swear to god, this mob justice bullshit is POS. Excessive charging and over-jailing for shit that clearly is not worthwhile is what LED to most of the major problems like rampant single-parent children in black communities in the America.

Damn, dude. You give no quarter for this race baiting shit. smile

Also, yes, I agree about the gun and a pregnant woman. A woman, who had 5 kids, told me she wouldn't want a gun around when those absurd mood swings struck when she was pregnant. It's pretty drastic for some women (I'm not knocking women: when you have a flood of hormones going up and down and you're very uncomfortable all the time, it can cause pregnancy psychosis or pregnancy depression). She is also pro gun rights. Goes to show responsible gun owners know how to use and store them.

But, yes, I largely agree with your take. My opinion is just not as strong.

Originally posted by DarthAloysius
Yeah its pretty difficulty to see but that was my take. You can see the mother walking away in the direction of the car rear in the window reflection. A few seconds later the daughter says "ma watch!" - I assume "watch out". Then when the camera pans back (1:33) it looks like the mother is looking at the car angrily and says something like "you tryna ****ing hit me?", car keeps reversing, she hits the bonnet.

Seems consistent with what the mother claimed, but I also think she deliberately tried to make a scene out of it/escalate the situation, she could have just moved out of the way.

I appreciate you breaking this down, play by play. I couldn't make out shit.

Also, agreed on the prison time/charges. I hope they are dropped. I hope the mom is actually charged with criminal mischief or disturbing the peace. And i hope the Gun Lady has her rights removed from carrying a gun for at least 1-3 years until she is deemed fit for carrying.

Adam_PoE
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.