Should the Star Wars sequel trilogy be retconned?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2

playa1258
Yes it should. The new trilogy is absolute trash.

ares834
Obviously it should. No chance of it happening anytime soon however. I expect Disney will basically pretend it never happened and focus on movies (and TV series) completely divorced from the ST.

Ridley_Prime
So say it happens, then what? You still got Carrie Fisher whose dead, Harrison Ford who I can't imagine would still come back, and Mark Hamill whose name and legacy for the series was dragged through the mud. The maliciousness Disney has towards Luke Skywalker particularly goes beyond the sequels, for that matter. Even if you retconned the Disney ST, I would not expect there to be some proper dream sequel arc.

The people who still considered Return of the Jedi to be the end of the Skywalker saga had the right idea I guess. There never was a sequel series, it does not compute.

Khazra Reborn

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
There never was a sequel series, it does not compute.

Dark Empire says hello.

NemeBro
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Dark Empire says hello. Dark Empire blows cock for anything except versus threads though. thumb down

Flyattractor
Everything Disney Star Wars Should be SHIT Canned.

R1 to Pt9.

TRASH IT!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by NemeBro
Dark Empire blows cock for anything except versus threads though. thumb down

So at least it's good for something.

Unlike ST.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by NemeBro
Dark Empire blows cock for anything except versus threads though. thumb down

It sucks for versus, too, since it's so far removed from everything else. To its credit, though, Dark Empire introduced a ton of characters, locations, and ideas that would be expanded upon later in other, better works.

roughrider
Short of a complete reboot of all things Star Wars, it's not going to get retconned and never will be. Movies aren't comics, where constant retconning becomes tiresome.

Kazenji
Had a look at the idea where they want to go with it if they did reboot it using the Veil of mirrors angle..... it could work.

But no i don't think the sequel trilogy should be retconned, It would be a big slap in the face of everyone that has worked on the current film sequels.

Ridley_Prime
Kinda agree. Retconning in mediums like comics is one thing, but I wouldnt really want any actors/production crew/etc to feel like shit by having what films they took part in to be simply erased from continuity... For what is worth too, I like most of the ST cast. They didnt write the shit story for the sequels, they just played a character.

I guess John Boyega would have nothing to lose though if the ST was retconned, since he got done dirty after he was promised to be a main character.

Kazenji
Not just the sequel films....All the various novels that have been released for them too over the last few years. It just won't work out just retconning the films.

riv6672

ares834
Originally posted by Kazenji
It would be a big slap in the face of everyone that has worked on the current film sequels.

They deserve it.

Kazenji
Figured you would say that, Being a **** and what not.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Kazenji
Figured you would say that, Being a **** and what not.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar117852_22.gif

ares834

steverules_2

Flyattractor
yeah. Disney has F-Up this Franchise BAD! Sure Theme Park Ride stuff is Ok, but the rest.. Bargain Bin Trash.

Old Man Whirly!
the sequels were great. All of the series are kids films and I gry and watch them as I did as a 10 year old when a new hope came out in 77.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Flyattractor
yeah. Disney has F-Up this Franchise BAD! Sure Theme Park Ride stuff is Ok, but the rest.. Bargain Bin Trash.

thumb up

Other than the first six films, SW no longer exists to me. I will just watch episodes 1-6 over again on Blu-ray (which I own) if I ever get a SW itch again.

Flyattractor
I am still at the There are only # Stage..

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
the sequels were great. All of the series are kids films and I gry and watch them as I did as a 10 year old when a new hope came out in 77.

You just like to wank to Natalie Portman.

Jmanghan
It's already retconned in my eyes.

I don't count it and don't really care to.

Disney hasn't given us enough reason to see Kylo as a Vader-level bad-ass.

His most bad-ass scene to this day is stopping that blaster bolt, nothing else comes close.

StiltmanFTW
True about the blaster bolt scene.

ares834
Yep. It was the beginning of a great introduction to the villain... And then they ruined it and all the tension they built up with a Marvel quip.

SquallX

Jmanghan
"I wanna be free of this pain."

roughrider
Removed Kylo's helmet too early? It was in the beginning of the third act they removed it. And holding it over until the end or into another film would serve no purpose, since by removing his helmet in the first film we don't see a scarred monster, but a normal looking young man. It upended our expectations, seeing he is actually monstrous on the inside.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.