Hellpoint

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
A sci-fi Soulsbourne game

Fdub_c0Ml0I

o6Fj5wBqPfY

Arachnid1
God damn. Demon Souls, Mortal Shell, Elden Ring, and Hellpoint? The Soulsborne genre is firing on all cylinders right now.

Also, this comes out July 30, 2020. I hope this and Mortal Shell don't end up being sh*t.

Kazenji
I've only tried out The Surge games and Lords of the Fallen for the The Soulsborne games

The Surge games i really liked. I have Code Vein too haven't played it.

Arachnid1
I'm in the middle of Surge 1 right now. Great game, so I agree. Probably the only other soulslike I've enjoyed other than the actual soulsborne games. I'm in the same boat as you with Code Vein though. I just haven't gotten around to it, though I've heard good things. I gave Surge priority over it.

Lords of the Fallen was alright. Just average IMO

Sekiro was fkn badass.

Remnant: From the Ashes was ass (though everyone else seems to like it).

Nioh wasn't for me, so I haven't given 2 a chance.

There are so many god damn soulslikes, jesus.

cdtm
Looks a bit shit.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Arachnid1

Remnant: From the Ashes was ass (though everyone else seems to like it). Terrible taste, Remnant from the Ashes is possibly the best non-Fromsoft soulslike short of Hollow Knight. thumb down

Khazra Reborn

Kazenji
It's not a shooter in the sense it's a FPS or third person. It has Soulsborne elements to that game

Lords of the Fallen was alright. Just average IMO

I only played it up to just past the Commander boss, It was enough for me.

NemeBro

Khazra Reborn

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro
Terrible taste, Remnant from the Ashes is possibly the best non-Fromsoft soulslike short of Hollow Knight. thumb down

thumb up

Arachnid1
Terrible taste, Remnant from the Ashes is possibly the best non-Fromsoft soulslike short of Hollow Knight. thumb down Maybe. I just have a strong hate for procedurally generated levels. I had fun co-oping with a group of friends and with some of the bosses, but I just couldn't get past the levels.

You know I actually haven't played Hollow Knight yet? I bought it for my switch, but I haven't gotten around to it. I've heard good things, though I've never heard anyone classify it as a soulslike.

NemeBro
Maybe. I just have a strong hate for procedurally generated levels. I had fun co-oping with a group of friends and with some of the bosses, but I just couldn't get past the levels.

You know I actually haven't played Hollow Knight yet? I bought it for my switch, but I haven't gotten around to it. I've heard good things, though I've never heard anyone classify it as a soulslike. The procedural generation gives the game genuine replay value. Very few playthroughs are identical, and I still haven't fought every boss and done every dungeon because of it. The procedural generation is one of the more novel elements of the game, and despite being generated like that it still has some really cool setpieces:

c9DXIsqGmq0

As far Hollow Knight, it also deviates from the formula a lot, but the high difficulty, focus on combat, forboding setting, slight RPG mechanics, and those damn bonfire equivalents make it qualify.

Arachnid1
The procedural generation gives the game genuine replay value. Very few playthroughs are identical, and I still haven't fought every boss and done every dungeon because of it. The procedural generation is one of the more novel elements of the game, and despite being generated like that it still has some really cool setpieces:

c9DXIsqGmq0

As far Hollow Knight, it also deviates from the formula a lot, but the high difficulty, focus on combat, forboding setting, slight RPG mechanics, and those damn bonfire equivalents make it qualify. In that case, I'll start Hollow Knight when I get a break from school in three weeks. I've been needing an excuse to get back to my Switch anyways. Hopefully it compares well to Salt and Sanctuary.

BTW I got back to Remnant with a friend to give it another chance since you're hyping it. I'll try to look past the procedural levels for the quality and see if I enjoy it more the second time around. I got about 5 bosses deep the first time around. I'm having to relearn the game from the ground up rn, and I'm hardstuck on the winged fire dog. I remember him being a dick the first time too

NemeBro
In that case, I'll start Hollow Knight when I get a break from school in three weeks. I've been needing an excuse to get back to my Switch anyways. Hopefully it compares well to Salt and Sanctuary.

BTW I got back to Remnant with a friend to give it another chance since you're hyping it. I'll try to look past the procedural levels for the quality and see if I enjoy it more the second time around. I got about 5 bosses deep the first time around. I'm having to relearn the game from the ground up rn, and I'm hardstuck on the winged fire dog. I remember him being a dick the first time too Hollow Knight is better than Salt and Sanctuary, which isn't an indictment of Salt and Sanctuary which is a great game, but Hollow Knight is one of the best games ever made.

I hope you like it. thumb up

Kazenji
I got Remnant the other day, I saved the Root Mother and i'm in the next area after that.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
I got Remnant the other day, I saved the Root Mother and i'm in the next area after that.

Free on epic for next half hour.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
Free on epic for next half hour.

That's neat...but I don't need it, I have it on the PS4.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.