Worthy Cap vs Stepphenwolf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deft
Who wins?

NotAllThatEvil
Stepphenwolf

StiltmanFTW
Cap.

DC boys can't even spell "Steppenwolf" right.

NotAllThatEvil
How do you suppose cap could beat a guy who clowned wonderwom and aquaman at the same time?

deft
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Cap.

DC boys can't even spell "Steppenwolf" right.

I was trying invoce to h1. I didn't know that he appear in this forum.

Silent Master
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
How do you suppose cap could beat a guy who clowned wonderwom and aquaman at the same time?

Worthy cap. I.E. Cap w/Mjolnir. I.E. Cap w/the power of Thor.

NotAllThatEvil
Yeah, thor couldn't take step either

Silent Master
LOL. good one.

NotAllThatEvil
With stormbreaker, maybe. But you honestly think the thor from age of Ultron could handle stepp?

riv6672
Cap.
C-A-P. Cap.

carthage
Cap in an extremely good fight.

BruceSkywalker
Steppenwolf loses here

riv6672
Originally posted by carthage
Cap in an extremely good fight.
Fight.
F-I-T-E. Fight.

playa1258
SW

Silent Master
LOL!!!

steverules_2
Stepp gets knocked down and cap places Mjolnir on Stepps chest

NotAllThatEvil
I don't imagine how, considering he's leagues stronger than him

HulkIsHulk
Wait for an opening via blocking hits with shield, and then smash Step's face in. Rinse and repeat.

NotAllThatEvil
He tried that with thanos. Didn't work so well

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by deft
I was trying invoce to h1. I didn't know that he appear in this forum.

Yeah, it's his territory.

He is as "loved" here as he was in CBvF back in the day.

KingD19

Except Thanos is an insanely skilled warrior with matching speed/agility/etc... He was bobbing and weaving around Hulk, matching Cap in his feints, blocks, dodges, etc... He was skilled enough to jab him in the leg with his blade from a locked position. And could spin his sword fast enough to reflect energy. He's in a completely different league from Steph who is just big and strong and uses nothing but wide swings and trying to overpower whoever he fights.

NotAllThatEvil
Stepp still was skilled enough to clown wonder woman, who is also insanely fast and skilled

KingD19
Stepp still was skilled enough to clown wonder woman, who is also insanely fast and skilled

You mean when he was so much stronger he just bullied her? Because that's what he did. He never outskilled or outsped her. He'd do stuff like hit her so hard that even though she's blocking with her shield, she got sent flying. I'll admit for such a big slow guy, his reflexes were pretty amazing, but his fighting style was evade/tank, leading into him overpowering you. He did it to everyone but Superman.

Thanos on the other hand showed his skill as well as his strength like vs Hulk and Cap where not only did he physically dominate them, he would use tactics and actual moves and technique.

riv6672

NotAllThatEvil
And cap is supposed to stop that?

tkitna
And cap is supposed to stop that?

Pretty much

https://media.tenor.com/images/a40d811d69d366b39c762f6ac289a4ae/tenor.gif

riv6672

KingD19
Yeah, keep in mind Thanos is simply insane. Thor, Iron Man and Cap couldn't touch him at first, and he's fast enough to block repulsors, catch Stormbreaker before it reaches Thor, and most impressively, catch Cap's arm when he summons Mjolnir since he can't actually pick the hammer up. And even after Cap's entire shield/Mjolnir combo, Thanos almost immediately overwhelms him with skills, speed, and strength. Steph just isn't that good of a fighter, and is a lot slower. Shield+Mjolnir+Lightning blasts = a bad time for Apoc-Lite.

h1a8

Silent Master
Originally posted by tkitna
Pretty much

https://media.tenor.com/images/a40d811d69d366b39c762f6ac289a4ae/tenor.gif

HulkIsHulk
Well Thanos is more powerful than Steppenwolf so there's that. Even not taking that into consideration, Steppy is is not getting through his shield when he has problems cutting apart simple rock, can't cut into the Knightcrawler to do serious damage and does only minimal damage to cyborg.

h1a8
Step is definitely going to knock Cap for a loop when he strikes the shield. Cap definitely hits step more times than the other way around. But step only needs one good hit. Chances are Step gets that hit considering his superhuman speed (caught arrows at point blank range and scaled to WW)

riv6672
Cap is definitely going to knock Step for a loop when he strikes w. the Hammer. Cap definitely hits step more times than the other way around, and Cap only needs one good hit regardless. Chances are Cap gets that hit quickly, considering his superhuman speed (When Captain America went for a relaxed run around Washington DC in Captain America: The Winter Soldier Sam remarks that he "ran 13 miles in 30 minutes" that equates to a 26 mile an hour relaxed running speed, w. reflexes and reaction time to match.)

tkitna
Originally posted by h1a8
That's not a good feat.

https://tv-fanatic-res.cloudinary.com/iu/s--94_jpfPs--/t_full/cs_srgb,f_auto,fl_strip_profile.lossy,q_auto:420/v1553754378/energy-vampire-what-we-do-in-the-shadows-s1e1.jpg

Silent Master
Step is definitely going to knock Cap for a loop when he strikes the shield. Cap definitely hits step more times than the other way around. But step only needs one good hit. Chances are Step gets that hit considering his superhuman speed (caught arrows at point blank range and scaled to WW)

Post the vid w/timestamp where WW was shown using superspeed during her fight with SW.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Post the vid w/timestamp where WW was shown using superspeed during her fight with SW.

I gave two arguments to his superhuman speed. Attacking one doesn't destroy the argument itself. You have to attack both.

KingD19
Cap has reacted to bullets on multiple occasions, which are faster than arrows. And you still haven't shown when Diana actually used her speed in combat against Stepp, and the reason why is encase she didn't. Scaling to someone who is fighting at normal speed means nothing.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by KingD19
Cap has reacted to bullets on multiple occasions, which are faster than arrows. And you still haven't shown when Diana actually used her speed in combat against Stepp, and the reason why is encase she didn't. Scaling to someone who is fighting at normal speed means nothing.

She tried her best to beat him but couldnt, so its only logical to assume he could handle her speed.

In any case SW was leaping around Hulk style, so he has displayed better speed/agility than Cap.

As for who wins, IF Cap has Thors strength, then he wins. Otherwise SW stomps.

KingD19
She couldn't beat him because he was just stronger than her. He bats her across a room through her shield at one point. And him Hulk jumping is because he's so strong. It has nothing to do with his speed.

riv6672
Yeah, no shit! stick out tongue

Silent Master
I gave two arguments to his superhuman speed. Attacking one doesn't destroy the argument itself. You have to attack both.

I don't care about your biased opinion, either provide a video clip that actually shows him using superspeed or it never happened.

h1a8
I don't care about your biased opinion, either provide a video clip that actually shows him using superspeed or it never happened.

I said, he caught an arrow at point blank range. Did you see the movie?

Silent Master
Catching an arrow doesn't prove super speed, let alone high-end super speed

h1a8
Catching an arrow doesn't prove super speed, let alone high-end super speed

Casually blocking an arrow shot by a superhuman at point blank range does prove super speed. Stepp didn't even fully look at the arrow when he just gestured and blocked it.

Why did you leave out
1. Point blank range
2. Fact it was shot from someone with superhuman strength and hundreds (or thousands) of years experience?

Silent Master
Prove the arrow was moving at superspeed.

h1a8
Prove the arrow was moving at superspeed.

What's superspeed? Faster than a human moves?
Prove that the bullets that hit Hulk in avengers were traveling at superspeed (since we clearly see them flying through the air).

Silent Master
Faster than a movie peak human could catch.

h1a8
Faster than a movie peak human could catch.

A peak movie human isn't necessarily superfast. They could be peak human for strength or durability or both. You are using incorrect terms.

Silent Master
A peak movie human isn't necessarily superfast. They could be peak human for strength or durability or both. You are using incorrect terms.

We are talking about speed though, so it should be obvious that I'm referring to peak human speed. now if you're done trolling. either provide proof that the arrow was traveling fast enough to require superspeed in order to catch. or you massively biased claim will be ignored.

riv6672

h1a8
We are talking about speed though, so it should be obvious that I'm referring to peak human speed. now if you're done trolling. either provide proof that the arrow was traveling fast enough to require superspeed in order to catch. or you massively biased claim will be ignored. It wasn't obvious since you like to troll so much and like to be slick and twist words.

Why does peak human speed matter here? Cap is slower than peak human speed. You are creating red herrings.

Silent Master
We are talking about speed though, so it should be obvious that I'm referring to peak human speed. now if you're done trolling. either provide proof that the arrow was traveling fast enough to require superspeed in order to catch. or you massively biased claim will be ignored.

HulkIsHulk
She blitzed him once during the opening of the tunnel fight and he was able to do nothing. She then proceeded to avoid usung her speed at all 🤷‍♂️

KingD19
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
She blitzed him once during the opening of the tunnel fight and he was able to do nothing. She then proceeded to avoid usung her speed at all 🤷‍♂️

Exactly! For the rest of the movie she fought without any speed at all. Like she easily could have avoided that uppercut axe swing that launched her across the room. It was slow, telegraphed, and all she had to do was sidestep, but instead she just stood there and held up her shield so she could get hit.

h1a8
Troll post. I win.

h1a8
Exactly! For the rest of the movie she fought without any speed at all. Like she easily could have avoided that uppercut axe swing that launched her across the room. It was slow, telegraphed, and all she had to do was sidestep, but instead she just stood there and held up her shield so she could get hit. It's the definition of PLOT INDUCED STUPIDY. Unless the writer's meant for Steppenwolf to scale to WW and the action is meant to be slowed down for the audience. If not, the PIS like I just mentioned.

KingD19
It's the definition of PLOT INDUCED STUPIDY. Unless the writer's meant for Steppenwolf to scale to WW and the action is meant to be slowed down for the audience. If not, the PIS like I just mentioned.

When it happens in BvS, Wonder Woman, and Justice League, its not PIS. Its straight up canon.

Diana does not fight at the same speeds she uses to react to bullets. Because that super speed she had when Steve died would have sure helped out a lot when she fought Ares 5 whole minutes later.

h1a8
When it happens in BvS, Wonder Woman, and Justice League, its not PIS. Its straight up canon.

Diana does not fight at the same speeds she uses to react to bullets. Because that super speed she had when Steve died would have sure helped out a lot when she fought Ares 5 whole minutes later.

It's stupid to not use your speed when you need it to win.

Silent Master
Troll post. I win.

h1a8
We are talking about speed though, so it should be obvious that I'm referring to peak human speed. now if you're done trolling. either provide proof that the arrow was traveling fast enough to require superspeed in order to catch. or you massively biased claim will be ignored. Cap doesn't have peak human speed though. So again you are trolling.

Silent Master
Cap doesn't have peak human speed though. So again you are trolling.

That is another claim you haven't proven.

h1a8
That is another claim you haven't proven.

I don't have to prove a negative. Special attributes for characters must be proven.

Silent Master
I don't have to prove a negative. Special attributes for characters must be proven.

Like your claim that SW has superspeed and his speed being scaled to WW. get to it.

h1a8
Like your claim that SW has superspeed and his speed being scaled to WW. get to it. I gave the arrow feat. confused

Silent Master
Which doesn't prove even low-end superspeed, let alone that he can match WW's level of superspeed.

h1a8
Which doesn't prove even low-end superspeed, let alone that he can match WW's level of superspeed.

The arrow feat proves superspeed and reactions. No human could do that feat.

Adam Grimes
Which doesn't prove even low-end superspeed, let alone that he can match WW's level of superspeed. Ok.

That Arrow feat still puts him above Thanos speed-wise. Do you agree with that statement?

KingD19
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Ok.

That Arrow feat still puts him above Thanos speed-wise. Do you agree with that statement?

No it doesn't. Thanos has blocked supercharged repulsors with a sword by spinning it like a buzzsaw. Thats far superior to reacting to an arrow.

He was also able to take on Cap, Thir, and Tony all at the same time for an extended period without being touched. Stepp was looking worse against Diana and Aquaman.

h1a8
No it doesn't. Thanos has blocked supercharged repulsors with a sword by spinning it like a buzzsaw. Thats far superior to reacting to an arrow.

He was also able to take on Cap, Thir, and Tony all at the same time for an extended period without being touched. Stepp was looking worse against Diana and Aquaman.

The attack was telegraphed. Thor shot IM and IM then pointed his hands and weapons at Thanos and fired.
There could be a spinning function on the blade as to why it was spinning. There is a video somewhere explaining it I think.

So it's not superior to reacting to an arrow at point blank range.

tkitna

There could be a spinning function on the blade as to why it was spinning.

This is what we have to deal with in every thread.

https://television-b26f.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Screen-Shot-2019-05-07-at-11.26.57-PM.png

Silent Master
The arrow feat proves superspeed and reactions. No human could do that feat.

Prove that no movie human would replicate it.

Ok.

Thanos isn't a part of this fight. if you want to discuss SW vs Thanos. make a thread.

h1a8
Prove that no movie human would replicate it.

You are moving the goalposts. The question is can Cap replicate it.

Silent Master
You claimed that no human could replicate it, so prove it

h1a8
You claimed that no human could replicate it, so prove it No real human as in the definition of superhuman.

Silent Master
You made the claim, prove it

h1a8

I don't have to prove a negative. Characters assumed with Special attributes need to be proven.

And you are still moving the goalposts.

Silent Master

riv6672
Ok.

No.

h1a8

I don't have to prove a negative. Characters assumed with Special attributes need to be proven.

And you are still moving the goalposts.

Silent Master
Like your claim that SW has superspeed and it scales to WW's. which you haven't proven.

Get to it.

Darth Thor

The Sword spinned itself by the way. He didn't spin it around.

Can be seen in slow motion.

This is what we have to deal with in every thread.

He's actually right about the spinning. It can be clearly seen in slow motion.

Silent Master
So, you're saying that Thanos' hands didn't move. even though he was holding a moving sword?

Darth Thor
Yes. At 3:40:

https://youtu.be/uSmMyvljisc

Silent Master
Interesting design. I guess even someone that's never seen the movie and just makes things up was bound to get something right, even if it was by accident.

Darth Thor
^ Lol true.

tkitna
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yes. At 3:40:

https://youtu.be/uSmMyvljisc

I'll be damned. Sorry H1, I owe you an apology.

riv6672
I'll be damned. Sorry H1, I owe you an apology.
Just take it out of all the ones he owes you. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.