Steppenwolf vs. Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Spiderman has all of his movie feats (Into the Spiderverse, Raimi trilogy, ASM movies, and MCU)

Steppenwolf has his axe

Who wins

KingD19
Spidey with some effort, but Steppenwolf doesn't touch him once. He probably ends it by yanking his axe away, webbing him all to hell(since has infinite webbing as Raimi Spidey) and just going to town on his face. And if he has his strength from all the separate movies stacked, he is insanely strong.

NotAllThatEvil
Why would his strength stack?

KingD19
If he gets strength feats from all the movies, then one would assume that he has the proportionate strength of all the separate Spider-Men at the same time. As each of them have differing levels of strength and power. Not all Spidey's are created equal.

deft
Composite, you mean? Stepp still wins.

KingD19
Originally posted by deft

How?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by deft

lolololol

Spidey

h1a8
So the strongest and fastest spidey from all of his modern films?
I think Spidey can possibly win. He has to stay at the speed of AS (quick as lightning) and wear Step down over time. Spidey might get tired and get grabbed.

This can go either way. Leaning Spider-man though because of the speed.

riv6672
It seems weird but, Spidey might get the win here.

John Murdoch
Composite Spider-Man has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much going for him to lose to this "mother!"-lover. Super Peter Parker wins without Stepp touching him.

h1a8
It would be incredibly difficult for Spidey to hurt him though. If Spidey wins then it would be a long ass fight.

Eon Blue
Steppenwolf wins.

KingD19
Composite Spidey is far too fast, has his spidey sense, and has insane strength based on combined feats. Easily enough to hurt Stepp.

SquallX
SW would have no trouble keeping up with him. This is the same SW that casually moved underwater, and was casually fighting underwater.

riv6672
And?

h1a8
Originally posted by KingD19
Composite Spidey is far too fast, has his spidey sense, and has insane strength based on combined feats. Easily enough to hurt Stepp. Spidey doesn't get all the Spider-Men's strength combined. He is strong as the strongest ONE of them.

Steppenwolf has taken blows from Superman without being koed. Superman is many times stronger than any of the Spider-Men.

riv6672

SquallX

riv6672
So, your conjecture which you have no real proof of then, got it.

BrolyBlack
Zeus would one shot kill Spider-Man.

Zeus did not one shot kill Steppenwolf

Psychotron
Steppenwolf had no trouble keeping up with Wonder Woman, who is a legit bullet timer, and I really don't see how Spider-man can hurt him if WW and Aquaman were having trouble with him.

KingD19
Because Diana clearly used her speed at all times...except wait, she didn't use her bullet speed except against bullets and then never again.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Zeus would one shot kill Spider-Man.

Zeus did not one shot kill Steppenwolf

riv6672
Because Diana clearly used her speed at all times...except wait, she didn't use her bullet speed except against bullets and then never again.
Fact.

h1a8

riv6672

BrolyBlack
Amalgam means all feats together not multipled you moron

BrolyBlack

SquallX

riv6672

ShadowFyre
Steppenwolf easily

Surtur

Surtur
Oh and steppenwolf one shots him. He's in a different tier of power. If there is any speed difference at all it only delays the inevitable.

BrolyBlack
Agreed. Steppenwolf stomps.

The people here actually pushing this lie that Spideman beats him are Full of shit.

BrolyBlack

Arachnid1
I'm the biggest Spidey fanboy you'll every meet, but Jesus he gets slaughtered here.

BrolyBlack
^Someone with integrity which apparently everyone else is missingthumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
I actually agree with h1. I'm not sure why people assumed composite. Stacking strength is different than giving access to all feats.

I just think stacking is a very specific thing, it changes things. It's not just giving him all the feats.

I could be wrong, but I interpreted it as he just gets the best from whatever version each spiderman has to offer.
Fair enough.

Pretty sure Carthage makes his OPs purposely ambiguous so as to give ppl here something to argue over for multiple pages. stick out tongue

BrolyBlack

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Surtur
I actually agree with h1. I'm not sure why people assumed composite. Stacking strength is different than giving access to all feats.

I just think stacking is a very specific thing, it changes things. It's not just giving him all the feats.

I could be wrong, but I interpreted it as he just gets the best from whatever version each spiderman has to offer.
But composite means acess to all feats. They are same right?

BrolyBlack
Yea dummy

Psychotron

Right. Of course. People stop using their speed in fights because it's convenient for your argument. How silly of me to forget.

Diana has been a bullet timer in her own movie and JL. If Steppenwolf can hang with her then he's fast enough to hang with her. That's how feats work.

KingD19
Originally posted by Psychotron
Right. Of course. People stop using their speed in fights because it's convenient for your argument. How silly of me to forget.

Diana has been a bullet timer in her own movie and JL. If Steppenwolf can hang with her then he's fast enough to hang with her. That's how feats work.

Nope, plenty of people use their speed in fights. Yu Law for example makes extreme use of the fact that he has superspeed and hits people while they're frozen in his eyes. Neo has done it as well. Superman in Justice League, Faora in Superman. Quicksilver. Etc...

Diana however, who is fast enough to run and catch individual assault rifle bullets on her bracers as the shooter just moves the gun in a row, and block bullets from behind her, doesn't ever move that fast in a fight. Not against Ares, not against Doomsday, not against Steppenwolf.

Because Steppenwolf was fighting Cyborg, Batman, and Aquaman at the same speed he was fighting everybody else(including Diana) and none of them are speedsters or anywhere close. We also never saw any Diana level speed from him int he past when he fought normal Amazons and the Gods. He simply overpowered them.

Now as I pointed out before, Steppenwolf is surprisingly agile and has good reflexes for his size, but he's never fought anyone at above normal speed like what Spidey can move at and does. He even caught a missile at one point, which is insane. But he, nor anyone else in that movie aside from Superman and Flash actually used superspeed in a fight.

Psychotron
People fighting Diana scale up to her, she doesn't get scaled down. That's just not how it works. You should have learned this in all of the years you have polluted this forum with your opinions.

You may as well argue that Spider-man doesn't have super speed because humans like Doc Ock and Vulture were keeping up with him.

KingD19
Originally posted by Psychotron
People fighting Diana scale up to her, she doesn't get scaled down. That's just not how it works. You should have learned this in all of the years you have polluted this forum with your opinions.

You may as well argue that Spider-man doesn't have super speed because humans like Doc Ock and Vulture were keeping up with him.

So if he scales to Diana, that means that despite being fast enough to fight her at her bullet time speeds, which she apparently always fights at even against people with no speed themselves and takes hits. And despite seeing her actually moving at superspeed when she blocks bullets, she never goes that fast in fights. But despite that, he's also simultaneously slow enough to get hit and have to block hits from Aquaman and Cyborg and normal Amazonians who are nowhere close to Diana's speed? That's what you're saying?

Raimi Spidey showcased his speed, and so did Doc Ock like dodging that clock hand and dodging subway overhangs without looking. MCU Spidey never showcased his speed before he unlocked his tingle, which is why he got hit all the time. But he'll definitely have better speed/reflex feats going forward.

BrolyBlack
Get back to your argument about how his strength is stacked because reasons

KingD19
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Get back to your argument about how his strength is stacked because reasons

Not just strength. Speed, agility, durability, reflexes, all of it. OP says he gets all feat from all movies. Since that means that's 4 different Spider-Men(Raimi, Spiderverse, Amazing, MCU), seems to me personally(AKA my opinion) that it's a composite. You can be a little b*tch and try to attack me because I hurt you in a past life or something instead of actually finding out, but you throwing hissy fits won't change my opinion just like my opinion won't change yours. Nor will you acting like a pre-teen having his first brush with puberty hurt my feelings. If Carthage says different, then I have no problem changing my stance. But until the guy who made the thread gives me facts and tells me what his decision is for this particular question, you yelling and saying your opinion is right and mine isn't means f*ck all to me, bud. eek!

BrolyBlack
That does not mean his strength is multiplied.

I have no opinion here, no where does it say his strength is stacked or multiplied.

Also, your opinion does not matterthumb up

Kiss my assthumb up

NemeBro
Nope, plenty of people use their speed in fights. Yu Law for example makes extreme use of the fact that he has superspeed and hits people while they're frozen in his eyes. Neo has done it as well. Superman in Justice League, Faora in Superman. Quicksilver. Etc...

Diana however, who is fast enough to run and catch individual assault rifle bullets on her bracers as the shooter just moves the gun in a row, and block bullets from behind her, doesn't ever move that fast in a fight. Not against Ares, not against Doomsday, not against Steppenwolf.

So what? Hulk never, not once, showcased his Leviathan punch strength while fighting Thor or pretty much any character other than maybe Hulkbuster IIRC. Does that mean he can't utilize that strength in his fights iyo and that Thor doesn't scale to it considering he's caught punches from Hulk?

Steppenwolf fought Aquaman underwater where he's fast enough to easily kick off and swim at supersonic speeds with precise maneuverability.

I also don't recall Batman doing anything other than surviving by the skin of his plot armour.

And Steppenwolf easily swatted away an arrow fired by Hippolyta, who in the same movie fired an arrow all the way from Themscyra to a temple in Greece. He has reflex feats of his own at least approaching Diana's.

Nah, Steppenwolf and one character he had no problems fighting to her fullest have feats showing they could at least handle Spidey's speed.

That Steppenwolf is so strong and durable Spidey would be more liable to shatter every bone in his arm punching him than doing any damage clinches it. Steppenwolf stomps.

BrolyBlack
Not just strength. Speed, agility, durability, reflexes, all of it. OP says he gets all feat from all movies. Since that means that's 4 different Spider-Men(Raimi, Spiderverse, Amazing, MCU), seems to me personally(AKA my opinion) that it's a composite. You can be a little b*tch and try to attack me because I hurt you in a past life or something instead of actually finding out, but you throwing hissy fits won't change my opinion just like my opinion won't change yours. Nor will you acting like a pre-teen having his first brush with puberty hurt my feelings. If Carthage says different, then I have no problem changing my stance. But until the guy who made the thread gives me facts and tells me what his decision is for this particular question, you yelling and saying your opinion is right and mine isn't means f*ck all to me, bud. eek!

Honestly After reading this again, it sounds like you are the being a little ***** and throwing hissy fits.

h1a8
So if he scales to Diana, that means that despite being fast enough to fight her at her bullet time speeds, which she apparently always fights at even against people with no speed themselves and takes hits. And despite seeing her actually moving at superspeed when she blocks bullets, she never goes that fast in fights. But despite that, he's also simultaneously slow enough to get hit and have to block hits from Aquaman and Cyborg and normal Amazonians who are nowhere close to Diana's speed? That's what you're saying?

Raimi Spidey showcased his speed, and so did Doc Ock like dodging that clock hand and dodging subway overhangs without looking. MCU Spidey never showcased his speed before he unlocked his tingle, which is why he got hit all the time. But he'll definitely have better speed/reflex feats going forward. Although WW did at least once use her speed in battle, you are not understanding the point of plot induced stupidly.

Is it stupid for a character to not use their speed and perception in a fight where they have a lot at stake?

h1a8
Not just strength. Speed, agility, durability, reflexes, all of it. OP says he gets all feat from all movies. Since that means that's 4 different Spider-Men(Raimi, Spiderverse, Amazing, MCU), seems to me personally(AKA my opinion) that it's a composite. You can be a little b*tch and try to attack me because I hurt you in a past life or something instead of actually finding out, but you throwing hissy fits won't change my opinion just like my opinion won't change yours. Nor will you acting like a pre-teen having his first brush with puberty hurt my feelings. If Carthage says different, then I have no problem changing my stance. But until the guy who made the thread gives me facts and tells me what his decision is for this particular question, you yelling and saying your opinion is right and mine isn't means f*ck all to me, bud. eek! But it doesn't say powers are stacked. None of the words mean stacked either. So you have no leg to stand on.

KingD19

Surtur
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
But composite means acess to all feats. They are same right?

Not necessarily. Lets say McGuire Spiderman has the best strength feats. Well, that's how strong this guy would be.

Stacking would mean he has the combined physical strength of every single version of Spiderman.

Surtur

Because Steppenwolf was fighting Cyborg, Batman, and Aquaman at the same speed he was fighting everybody else(including Diana) and none of them are speedsters or anywhere close. We also never saw any Diana level speed from him int he past when he fought normal Amazons and the Gods. He simply overpowered them.

Now as I pointed out before, Steppenwolf is surprisingly agile and has good reflexes for his size, but he's never fought anyone at above normal speed like what Spidey can move at and does. He even caught a missile at one point, which is insane. But he, nor anyone else in that movie aside from Superman and Flash actually used superspeed in a fight.

Plenty of characters do use their speed, but any of them that have more than a brief appearance usually also get hit by people that shouldn't be able to hit them sooner or later.

If Quicksilver was given his own tv show, we'd see him get hit. You can find instances of Spidermen in the movies getting hit too when they shouldn't be.

BrolyBlack

Psychotron

Raimi Spidey showcased his speed, and so did Doc Ock like dodging that clock hand and dodging subway overhangs without looking. MCU Spidey never showcased his speed before he unlocked his tingle, which is why he got hit all the time. But he'll definitely have better speed/reflex feats going forward.

Riami Spider-man has been clocked by regular human beings. He got tagged multiple times by an old, heavily roided up Macho Man even though we saw him use super speed to casually dodge Flash's punches a few scenes before that. So I guess that means Riami Spider-man doesn't have super speed, right? He only used it in that one instance and he fights at normal human speeds the rest of the time, right?

h1a8
https://i.imgur.com/qgD3i7r.jpg

I could have quoted all the posts aimed at me for "lying" and my opinion(personal opinion) being a lie and enough for guys like Broly to directly attack me, but going back 3 whole pages was a chore so I only got a few. Here we go. Proof from Carthage himself what he meant in the OP. It is a Composite Spidey, which is what I said in the first place.

Lol that isn't the Op. No where in the OP does it state anything that could mean stacking.

You know the forum rules. The op is clear.
If op wanted stacking he would've stated "stacking, merged, combined, etc." He merely stated that we can use all the feats from all the movies. If that means stacking to you then you are dumb.

That's like the op saying Superman uses an adamantium sword and I stupidly assume that means h2h. I pm the op and he changes his mind and says yes h2h.

And you know what? You know you were wrong since you didn't ask the op "is strength, speed, etc stacked. That means you didn't want him to say no so you rephrased the question where he says composite. Lmao

Darth Thor
All feats are applicable seems pretty clear to me. That you can use feats of any of the Spideys. Not that we give one Spidey all of the strength and speed of Holland, Maguire and Garfield combined. Just that you can use feats from any of the Spidey movies to make your case.

I wouldn't say she always fights at those speeds, but when she was clearly incapable of defeating SW, then it's only logical to assume he's fast enough to handle her super speed.

But in any case Nemebro has made a good case for SW's speed and reflexes.

BrolyBlack
Maybe King will listen to some reason_^

riv6672

BrolyBlack
The facts were posted in the OP. Nothing else is needed.

cdtm
Steppenwolf is a Thanos level threat. Spidey does worse then he did against him.

BrolyBlack
King has a huge (Out of touch) imagination. In his mind Spider-Man beats Steppenwolf but somehow loses to Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.