Maul's statement about Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
In Rebels S2, Maul stated that he could not defeat Vader alone. Do you think this implies that they may have fought at some point before Rebels, and Vader stomped him?

How else would Maul know he couldn't hold a candle to Vader?

Scizard
I doubt they've fully planned out whether Vader has fought Maul yet. But it could've easily been Maul just sensing Vader through the force. The reaction Ezra/Kanan has to Vader compared to Maul seems like proof enough.

xPRIMEx
Yeah, he could probably just sense how powerful he was.

ozz81
Some reckon that he said that to state/or pretend that he was on their side the same side meaning that they fight together etc, but in actuality he wasnt etc?! i noticed when he says that his back is turned towards them...
The legends fight of a clone of him fighting Vader was a pretty awesome duel..

Darth Thor
Well he knows Vader is Anakin Skywalker. That should give him a clue.

But yeah he might have fought him at some point and barely escaped with his life. Would be cool to see that confrontation from a visual perspective.

ozz81
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well he knows Vader is Anakin Skywalker. That should give him a clue.

But yeah he might have fought him at some point and barely escaped with his life. Would be cool to see that confrontation from a visual perspective.

Yeah true that good point i can imagine it being like the legends duel where maul sort of gets the upper hand initially maybe doing a bit of damage to vader like ahsoka did ie taking of part of his helmet or suite etc and gloats for a while thinking hes defeated vader: but then vader gets up and attacks him by surprise/catching him off guard (maybe taking of one of mauls robotic legs or both ) and force pushing him away etc..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.