Wearing face mask....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell

eThneoLgrRnae
They're dangerous, imo, because it causes people to breathe in their own carbon dioxide which is toxic to humans in large amounts and they're certainly useless at protecting people against the virus so there is really no real medical/health reasons to justify people being forced to wear them.

Surtur
If a place requires a mask in order to enter...well, what else can I do?

I can't blame people for resenting being told to wear masks given all the conflicting information we were given at first.

On the other hand I don't understand these people who have public meltdowns over masks. Actually I don't understand public meltdowns over anything these days. All cell phones have cameras. Big Brother isn't the only one watching, literally all it's citizens are too. Yay!

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
They're dangerous, imo, because it causes people to breathe in their own carbon dioxide which is toxic to humans in large amounts and they're certainly useless at protecting people against the virus so there is really no real medical/health reasons to justify people being forced to wear them.

Imo, these governors and mayors who're mandating we wear them know these things. I think they are programming/training us to accept an ever increasing amount of government control over our lives and that is extremely dangerous.

The media is constantly putting out so much "omg, the world is ending!" BS propaganda and sadly too many people are swallowing it whole without questioning it. They wanna get us all so scared that when the vaccine inevitably comes out many will be begging for it and those same people (who tend to be the same ones who hypocritically call themselves "pro-choice"wink will be demanding that everyone else be forced to take it as well.

It won't matter to them that they and probably everyone in their own families have taken it which means they should all be safe if the vaccine truly works as they think. No, that won't be good enough for them; those "my body, my choice!" hypocrites will demand that everyone else not have a choice whether or not to have a vaccine put into their bodies.

Darth Thor
I mean people don't want to stay at home, and the same people don't want to wear masks when they are out facepalm

I would say just go catch Covid and die then, but problem is you risk spreading it to those of us being sensible.

As for the studies, it's really not that conflicted. Japan did not have a lockdown but kept numbers of Covid cases relatively low due to them having no issue at all wearing masks.

eThneoLgrRnae
Again, THE MASKS DON'T WORK!

They're useless as far as protecting people from getting the virus goes.

The mask is a symbol of being a willing, obedient slave to the tyrannical government.

If enough people put their foots down and refuse to obey the tyrannical order to wear a mask then the government would be powerless to stop them. They can't arrest such a huge number of people.

Darth Thor

That's not true at all.

Surtur

But how come surgeons aren't dropping dead whenever they have like a 12 hour long surgery? Cuz they wear masks for a long time. It's not like a quick 45 minute trip to the store.

eThneoLgrRnae

The mask is a symbol of being a willing, obedient slave to the tyrannical government.

If enough people put their foots down and refuse to obey the tyrannical order to wear a mask then the government would be powerless to stop them. They can't arrest such a huge number of people.

When the government fears the people there is liberty.

When the people fear the government there is tyrrany.-Thomas Jefferson

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
But how come surgeons aren't dropping dead whenever they have like a 12 hour long surgery? Cuz they wear masks for a long time. It's not like a quick 45 minute trip to the store.

Those aren't N95 masks though. The N95's are the most recommended as supposedly being "the safest" at protecting against the virus.

jaden_2.0
Nah this hasn't been discussed.

tru-marvell
There is a need for balance when listening to the "media" which is why I go largely by my personal experience. When my personal experience falls short then I try to take a wider objective view....

The purpose/argument for wearing mask is:

1) To stop you (person who has this virus) from spreading the virus as easily.

That's it...just that simple

Now wearing the typical mask that the vast majority of us are wearing will not protect the person wearing the mask from contracting said virus if they were to walk through an area recently "infected". But again, wearing a mask reduces the chance of said virus from being spread from an infected person. Pretty simple.

My co-worker, with whom I share an office is now home and presumed Covid-19 positive. He has all the symptoms and was tested this past Tuesday and will have the results this Saturday. I have not in anyway exhibited any signs of being infected. Should I attribute this to good fortune or preventive action by being required to mask while at work.

Would you in my situation wear a mask?

tru-marvell
This argument against using safety belts seems eerily familiar....

In this country, saving freedom is more important than trying to regulate lives through legislation.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1987-02-05-8701090791-story.html

cdtm
The problem is many don't use them correctly, and risk contamination on the inside of the mask.

Hospitals are especially prone to this problem, as they regularly reuse masks.

cdtm

Demonstrably untrue with K95's.

Not so sure about the random masks made by tailors and retailers. There's so many different materials, copper infused in some, and from personal experience "machine washable" types get MUCH harder to breath through on a single washing.

I no longer use the copper infused mask I paid 30 bucks for, because when I inhale it actually collapses across my face, and I have great difficulty drawing a breath.

I had a similar problem with a KN95 I sprayed down with hydrogen peroxide (A recommended method of decontamination) and air stopped flowing freely through it.

Galan007
For the last 3-4 months I've had to wear an N95 mask for 12hrs at a time, every day I work. They can definitely get annoying and can often make communicating with people more difficult, but I've never experienced any adverse effects from wearing one for prolonged periods of time. It's just the way things are now, and I've accepted that.

People who get triggered by mask-wearing are just idiotic, though. Yes, you as an individual have the 'right' to not wear a mask, just like businesses have the 'right' to not let you enter their building if you choose not to wear one. You can't have it both ways.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Nah this hasn't been discussed. roll eyes (sarcastic) naughty, tsk tsk laughing out loud thumb up

dadudemon
Originally posted by Galan007
For the last 3-4 months I've had to wear an N95 mask for 12hrs at a time, every day I work.

Unfortunately, the only quality research out there, supports this being the only effective use of masks for combating VRIs. Quality research does not support the use of masks, even surgical masks, outside of strictly worn and properly fitted, continuous use of N95s. And that research specifically applies to the healthcare setting where you are exposed to VRIs.

Meaning, the science is on the side of healthcare workers needing to wear, with strict protocols, N95 masks all damn day.

People who get triggered by mask-wearing are just idiotic, though. Yes, you as an individual have the 'right' to not wear a mask, just like businesses have the 'right' to not let you enter their building if you choose not to wear one. You can't have it both ways.

Spot-on. thumb up

I object to wearing a face-mask in public based on the science. It doesn't support mask wearing, of any kind. It's just an irritating inconvenience. However, I'm not going to throw a fit because they require I wear a mask to shop. That's just asinine. How about I just order online and have it delivered? Or pull up and have the things put into my trunk with "contact-less pick-up"? No excuse to not wear a mask in public - don't go in public.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by tru-marvell

In this country, saving freedom is more important than trying to regulate lives through legislation.

Apples and oranges.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by cdtm
Demonstrably untrue with K95's.

Not so sure about the random masks made by tailors and retailers. There's so many different materials, copper infused in some, and from personal experience "machine washable" types get MUCH harder to breath through on a single washing.

I no longer use the copper infused mask I paid 30 bucks for, because when I inhale it actually collapses across my face, and I have great difficulty drawing a breath.

I had a similar problem with a KN95 I sprayed down with hydrogen peroxide (A recommended method of decontamination) and air stopped flowing freely through it.

No, it's not untrue. It's factual. I've seen people testing the N95 mask on screen on you Tube. The Owen Shroyer video I linked to in the other thread showed that you end up breathing in large amounts of your own Co2. Wake up.

eThneoLgrRnae
For the last 3-4 months I've had to wear an N95 mask for 12hrs at a time, every day I work. They can definitely get annoying and can often make communicating with people more difficult, but I've never experienced any adverse effects from wearing one for prolonged periods of time. It's just the way things are now, and I've accepted that.

You wore one for that long w/out ever taking a break from it for even a brief time? I suppose it's different for different people (those who have no underlying health problems can probably wear them a lot longer without suffering any immediate adverse effects) but they can and do cause increased respiration and headaches for some people. Also, I'm sure many of the negative effects of breathing back in your own Co2 would not be immediately apparent to the healthier people.

People with asthma would especially be vulnerable to experiencing problems with them. I agree that private businesses have a right to make you wear a mask if you come into their store. However, the government mandating people wear masks is wrong on so many levels.

People who can't tell the difference between businesses forcing people to wear masks and the government making you do so are the ones who're truly idiotic.

eThneoLgrRnae
In addition, to your comment about people can't have it both ways, I agree with that 100%.

Which is why it pisses me off when hypocrites who claim to be "pro-choice" want the government to force me to wear a mask or take a dangerous f***ing vaccine against my will.

I really hate hypocritical a-holes like that.

dadudemon
No, it's not untrue. It's factual. I've seen people testing the N95 mask on screen on you Tube. The Owen Shroyer video I linked to in the other thread showed that you end up breathing in large amounts of your own Co2. Wake up.

A Japanese study on masks covered this. Their healthcare workers reported lots of headaches likely from mild hypoxia.

It's one of the tradoffs with the N95 masks - if you wear it really well and follow great protocoo, you WILL protect yourself from VRIs. Sure, it's not a guarantee, but there is a benefit.

You gotta wear it all day, though, and properly, and not touch your face, and watch out for people coughing and sneezing (even if they are wearing a mask).

Galan007
You wore one for that long w/out ever taking a break from it for even a brief time? I suppose it's different for different people (those who have no underlying health problems can probably wear them a lot longer without suffering any immediate adverse effects) but they can and do cause increased respiration and headaches for some people. Also, I'm sure many of the negative effects of breathing back in your own Co2 would not be immediately apparent to the healthier people.

People with asthma would especially be vulnerable to experiencing problems with them. I agree that private businesses have a right to make you wear a mask if you come into their store. However, the government mandating people wear masks is wrong on so many levels.

People who can't tell the difference between businesses forcing people to wear masks and the government making you do so are the ones who're truly idiotic. The only time I don't have to wear a mask is during my lunch break -- so *maybe* 30mins. The other 11.5hrs of the day, I wear it constantly... As does every other hospital employee. It's just something we have to do.

Oh I'm not saying that it's impossible for people to have adverse effects from wearing a 'heavy filter' mask for prolonged periods of time, but it's a rarity based on what I've seen firsthand. Masks are definitely uncomfortable, and people who aren't used to having things draped over their face can find them very confining and restrictive at first... But those are petty gripes that are easy enough to get acclimated to. A lot of people are b*tching just a b*tch, with no sort of basis behind their complaints aside from just "I don't wanna."

Like I said earlier- people do have the right to not wear a mask(I get it), but businesses also have the right to deny you entry for not wearing a mask if that's what they're mandating. The concept works both ways, which is something that the triggered morons seem to conveniently forget.

Now, if you actually do have a legitimate medical condition that prevents you from safely wearing a mask, that's another story entirely.

KCJ506
The only time I don't have to wear a mask is during my lunch break -- so *maybe* 30mins. The other 11.5hrs of the day, I wear it constantly... As does every other hospital employee. It's just something we have to do.

Oh I'm not saying that it's impossible for people to have adverse effects from wearing a 'heavy filter' mask for prolonged periods of time, but it's a rarity based on what I've seen firsthand. Masks are definitely uncomfortable, and people who aren't used to having things draped over their face can find them very confining and restrictive at first... But those are petty gripes that are easy enough to get acclimated to. A lot of people are b*tching just a b*tch, with no sort of basis behind their complaints aside from just "I don't wanna."

Like I said earlier- people do have the right to not wear a mask(I get it), but businesses also have the right to deny you entry for not wearing a mask if that's what they're mandating. The concept works both ways, which is something that the triggered morons seem to conveniently forget.

Now, if you actually do have a legitimate medical condition that prevents you from safely wearing a mask, that's another story entirely.

Isn't it strange how surgeons and nurses can wear surgical masks for 5 to 6 hours while performing lengthy and complicated medical procedures, but suffer zero effects of oxygen-deprivation or carbon dioxide poisoning?

Yet people in the US can't wear them for more than 30 seconds without having breathing problems? Isn't that the strangest thing, yet nobody that gets so triggered by mask wearing so much will ever explain this oddity? Go figure.

KCJ506
Originally posted by Darth Thor

I would say just go catch Covid and die then, but problem is you risk spreading it to those of us being sensible.

As for the studies, it's really not that conflicted. Japan did not have a lockdown but kept numbers of Covid cases relatively low due to them having no issue at all wearing masks.

China as well. They also have people wearing masks in public and not complaining about it. Now, we're months into this and the US is worse off now than China was when the pandemic started and everything got locked down.

KCJ506
Originally posted by tru-marvell

Yeah, I mentioned this on several on internet forums, not even a few decades ago, there were people that refused to wear seat belts because they felt it violated their freedom. Even when it comes to their own safety, some people just aren't good people.

Old Man Whirly!
Coronavirus live news: US records world record 77,300 new infections in one day

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/jul/17/coronavirus-live-news-brazil-cases-near-2m-as-more-countries-re-introduce-restrictions?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy

tru-marvell
My office building is becoming Covid-19 central....
We just had 6 confirmed cases this week, not including my co-worker who has been confirmed positive with Covid-19.

This is a video my director has shared to us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tp0zB904Mc

Old Man Whirly!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.