Flyod Hoax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!

snowdragon
Shoulda just stuck this in the minneapolis thread, I posted on it.

BrolyBlack

Robtard
This has already been preemptively covered and this could have gone in that thread.

There was no reason for the cop to kneel on his neck for 8mins after he was handcuffed and lain down on the street.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by snowdragon
Shoulda just stuck this in the minneapolis thread, I posted on it.

Where is the video

BrolyBlack

Surtur
Shouldn't we be destroying all George Floyd murals using the same logic for statues of bad people being torn down?

Since you know, Floyd was a violent criminal who invaded a home and held a gun to a pregnant woman's belly.

jaden_2.0
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ConventionalWealthyCaudata-size_restricted.gif

Old Man Whirly!
because resisting arrest even if true means a guy can put that kind of pressure on a neck for that long as reasonable force. The Trumpers are determined to push their culture war... more power to them for alienating the majority of the US voters on this. thumb up

Surtur
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
because resisting arrest even if true means a guy can put that kind of pressure on a neck for that long as reasonable force. The Trumps are determined to push their culture war... more power to them for alienating the majority of the US voters on this. thumb up

All I'll say is this better not be another hands up don't shoot.

BrolyBlack

Robtard

snowdragon
Originally posted by Robtard
This has already been preemptively covered and this could have gone in that thread.

There was no reason for the cop to kneel on his neck for 8mins after he was handcuffed and lain down on the street.

I want a reformation of our police but let's be honest, the media narrated another hit job.

Choke holds and kneeling on folks necks is bad, probably not in the best interest of guarding the public.

Old Man Whirly!

BrolyBlack
No one said he needed to die that way stop putting words in my mouth.

Old Man Whirly!
because resisting arrest even if true means a guy can put that kind of pressure on a neck for that long as reasonable force. The Trumpers are determined to push their culture war... more power to them for alienating the majority of the US voters on this. thumb up Originally posted by snowdragon
I want a reformation of our police but let's be honest, the media narrated another hit job.

Choke holds and kneeling on folks necks is bad, probably not in the best interest of guarding the public. Originally posted by Robtard
If you agree, then why are you calling it a "hoax" now? You feeling okay?

I didn't know what happened beforehand, I wasn't there, I asked for proof. But it was covered that even if he had resisted arrest, there was no need to crush his neck after he had been cuffed and subdued. They should have put him in a police car. yup, the people who don't get this really are dim.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Surtur
Shouldn't we be destroying all George Floyd murals using the same logic for statues of bad people being torn down?

Since you know, Floyd was a violent criminal who invaded a home and held a gun to a pregnant woman's belly.

That irony is palpable

BrolyBlack
Who was the guy that beat was drunk, resisted arrest, beat two cops up, grabbed their taser gun and tried to shoot them and got shot in the process?

Surtur
That irony is palpable

None of them will see it.

snowdragon
yup, the people who don't get this really are dim.

I know for awhile in the US the police hired up ex-military and their training doesn't sit well for protecting/guarding, that's not a hit on them but it's a different job. tie that in with buying military gear etc we get something not meant to police in the sense we hope it to mean, imo.

Old Man Whirly!
I know for awhile in the US the police hired up ex-military and their training doesn't sit well for protecting/guarding, that's not a hit on them but it's a different job. tie that in with buying military gear etc we get something not meant to police in the sense we hope it to mean, imo. Same in the UK and no it doesn't.

Robtard
because resisting arrest even if true means a guy can put that kind of pressure on a neck for that long as reasonable force. The Trumpers are determined to push their culture war... more power to them for alienating the majority of the US voters on this. thumb up

These same people used the same logic when Rodney King was beaten down,"he had prior crimes", "he was a criminal", "he resisted arrest".

Great, sure King was criminal and maybe he did resist arrest that night. Doesn't mean the police get to act as judge, jury and possible executioner. Their job was to arrest King and take him in for his crimes that night.

Why these same types of people still want to end up on the wrong side of history is baffling. I believe it's their racism that's overriding their frontal lob.

Surtur
You know what I can be fair: put the George Floyd murals in a museum

Old Man Whirly!
These same people used the same logic when Rodney King was beaten down,"he had prior crimes", "he was a criminal", "he resisted arrest".

Great, sure King was criminal and maybe he did resist arrest that night. Doesn't mean the police get to act as judge, jury and possible executioner. Their job was to arrest King and take him in for his crimes that night.

Why these same types of people still want to end up on the wrong side of history is baffling. I believe it's their racism that's overriding their frontal lob. This people don't realise how their sickness turns moderates off totally. They are a bit dim.

Surtur
I'm so f*cking courteous, hot damn!

Robtard
@surt Your reasoning is flawed as usual. A criminal can still become a martyr if he/she is wrongly killed.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Who was the guy that was drunk at a drive through, resisted arrest, beat two cops up, grabbed their taser gun and tried to shoot them and got shot in the process?

Also did anyone know that officers takes to the guy for like 45 minutes before anything happened.

Surtur
@surt Your reasoning is flawed as usual. A criminal can still become a martyr if he/she is wrongly killed.

But they don't deserve murals if they did bad things.

Though yeah I knew you would lack the sac to acknowledge this and just do the special rules shtick. Noted, my child smile

snowdragon
You know what I can be fair: put the George Floyd murals in a museum

That did give me a bit of a laugh.

Old Man Whirly!
@surt Your reasoning is flawed as usual. A criminal can still become a martyr if he/she is wrongly killed. yup, people usually have empathy for other people in pain. I just cringe at how dim they are.

Surtur
yup, people usually have empathy for other people in pain. I just cringe at how dim they are.

I have empathy for the home he invaded and the pregnant woman whose belly he put a gun to more than I do for him.

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!
I have empathy for the home he invaded and the pregnant woman whose belly he put a gun to more than I do for him. Good thing most of the US sees it differently Surt. smile

Surtur
Good thing most of the US sees it differently Surt. smile

Prove it smile

Surtur
Actually wait that's predicated on the assumption most of the US were made aware of his violent criminal background.

Yo kiddo: how much attention do you feel CNN and MSNBC, etc. gave that?

Old Man Whirly!
Prove it smile Let's wait till November when we can properly assess everything. smile

Robtard
I have empathy for the home he invaded and the pregnant woman whose belly he put a gun to more than I do for him.

-That woman was a victim of George Floyd.

-Just as George Floyd became a victim himself when the cops violated his rights and murdered him.

You can have empathy for both, it's not a finite resource if your remove your racist goggles.

Old Man Whirly!

-Just as George Floyd became a victim himself when the cops violated his rights and murdered him.

You can have empathy for both, it's not a finite resource if your remove your racist goggles. This really is it... Trump has lost certain segments of the vote already... because Empathy.

Surtur

You can have empathy for both, it's not a finite resource if your remove your racist goggles.

But a violent thug doesn't deserve a mural if George Washington doesn't deserve a statue. Period.

BrolyBlack
Let's wait till November when we can properly assess everything. smile

So you can scream Russia like a buffoon for 4 more years?

snowdragon
Prove it smile

Good thing the media was able to create a racist narrative where there seems to be none.

It almost reminds me of a scene from american gods with anasi setting a tone but a tone that isn't in time, like a bad drummer killing rhythym or a piano player playing a flat vs major, putting a 1000lbs on a bench pretending what comes next is a victory but we know it doesn't.

Bad actors rehearsing their lines to prep for their money and poor faith goading with no operational end just to perpetuate a cycle.

dadudemon

Old Man Whirly!
So you can scream Russia like a buffoon for 4 more years? smile

Robtard
This really is it... Trump has lost certain segments of the vote already... because Empathy.
Yup.

Data is showing that Trump is losing ground with the 65+ aged voters, who are favoring Biden more and more and it's because of Trump's disastrous response and clown-like attitude towards the pandemic "We'll have zero cases in a few days", "We got it contained". In 2016, Trump absolutely killed it with this age group.

Seems lying about something that kills the elderly more than other groups was a poor choice.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/15/us/george-floyd-video-killing.html

From the sound of things the body cam footage is pretty damning for the cops when looked at by reasonable people. But nut jobs got to push nutty narratives. laughing out loud

Old Man Whirly!
Yup.

Data is showing that Trump is losing ground with the 65+ aged voters, who are favoring Biden more and more and it's because of Trump's disastrous response and clown-like attitude towards the pandemic "We'll have zero cases in a few days", "We got it contained". In 2016, Trump absolutely killed it with this age group.

Seems lying about something that kills the elderly more than other groups was a poor choice. yeah, nut jobs can push wacko interpretations, but the only people they will fool now is other wacko's. It's true, you can't fool all of the people all of the time. smile

roughrider
The title of this thread proves the OP is just here to provoke. Not interested.

BackFire

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by roughrider
The title of this thread proves the OP is just here to provoke. Not interested.

Get back in the underage boys thread

Trocity
While it doesn't surprise me that footage of him resisting arrest was omitted (very likely intentionally) it really doesn't change anything. Like Robtard said, they should have just put him in a police car after he was arrested and subdued. Whatever resisting he did was obviously overcome as he was face down and in cuffs.

If you are using this as evidence to further the idea that the media does this often in order to skew people's opinions and leave out details that change situations entirely then I will not argue against that. That definitely happens.

This case is cut and dry, though.

Eon Blue
George Floyd was a the equivalent of a sainted criminal - an unintentional martyr, if you will.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Trocity
While it doesn't surprise me that footage of him resisting arrest was omitted (very likely intentionally) it really doesn't change anything. Like Robtard said, they should have just put him in a police car after he was arrested and subdued. Whatever resisting he did was obviously overcome as he was face down and in cuffs.

If you are using this as evidence to further the idea that the media does this often in order to skew people's opinions and leave out details that change situations entirely then I will not argue against that. That definitely happens.

This case is cut and dry, though.

Great post. I agree with most of it.

From the transcripts of the bodycam footage (how convenient), he refused to get into the car and say he would just get on the ground.

He was still killed. And my opinion is he was killed from the dudes on his back, not the knee to his neck.

Raptor22

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur

Old Man Whirly!
I guess I'm just wondering...none of these are "new". These videos all were taken the same day. So why did some find the light of day right away and some not?

It's valid to point out that the media wasn't given access to the new videos until recently. So it begs the question: why was this? Who decided that?

If the reasons have anything to do with not wanting to stir up emotions, etc. of the citizens then the video of the cops kneeling on him should have never been released either. So why did they selectively release these videos? What was the agenda behind it?

I feel like it should have been an all or nothing thing, you release all the footage from all angles or you release none. Give people the full picture. you'd have to ask the police department i guess.

dadudemon
I feel like it should have been an all or nothing thing, you release all the footage from all angles or you release none. Give people the full picture.

There are a few countries with less militant police who blur out faces and redact names who are pending trial because of "innocent until proven guilty." However, due to the information age, facial recognition, AI, machine learning, etc. redacting names and blurring faces is not as much of an option as it used to be.

Basically, I think it should be a "freedom of information act" thing. Just make it publicly accessible as soon as it is uploaded into the system from a court records perspective.

But wait a minute...

Remember the Trayvon Martin case? They subpoenaed all of his mobile phone records. Because he was on the phone at the time he confronted George. HOWEVER!!!

Trayvon was a player: he talked to, banged, and/or flirted with multiple women. Almost all were underage. They sexted. If courts put that type of stuff out there, that means people could get access to illegal content like videos and photos of minors.

So, no, some information would have to be redacted from court records to protect minors. Probably some passwords and usersnames would have to be redacted a well. Who is going to do that? Some people communicate those things. Or code speak during undercover investigations - those things would have to be redacted.

Who will do it? And who can we trust to redact data/info that won't make the cases biased or corrupt?

This is a pretty hefty ask, Surtur. I don't know what the right answer is.

Surtur
The phone record case does require nuance when it comes to underage people, privacy, etc.

But George Floyd was killed out in public.

And also, the cops would have every reason to want the full picture out there so did someone above them prevent it? Could someone other than the police department decide which videos are released?

Unless there were some SJW cops that were in charge of making these choices? This just feels like it has the mayors greasy hands all over it.

Raptor22
I guess I'm just wondering...none of these are "new". These videos all were taken the same day. So why did some find the light of day right away and some not?

It's valid to point out that the media wasn't given access to the new videos until recently. So it begs the question: why was this? Who decided that?

If the reasons have anything to do with not wanting to stir up emotions, etc. of the citizens then the video of the cops kneeling on him should have never been released either. So why did they selectively release these videos? What was the agenda behind it?

I feel like it should have been an all or nothing thing, you release all the footage from all angles or you release none. Give people the full picture. im all for giving the public as much info as possible, with obvious exceptions such as keeping a minors identity private or protecting a witness etc...

As to the question of who decides. I think the answer is clear

https://youtu.be/77jQkrAuTIE

dadudemon
The phone record case does require nuance when it comes to underage people, privacy, etc.

But George Floyd was killed out in public.

You know what? Fair.

I was wrong in this particular case. You're right. The public should have had full access to the information from the beginning: no excuses.

And since we both agree about the sensitive information/situations, not much left to discuss.

And also, the cops would have every reason to want the full picture out there so did someone above them prevent it? Could someone other than the police department decide which videos are released?

Unless there were some SJW cops that were in charge of making these choices? This just feels like it has the mayors greasy hands all over it.

In this case, the accused cops would have full access to that information to help build their defense. It's how it works. The prosecutor and the defendants get access to the same evidence when it goes to jury trial. It's part of the "fair trial" clause of the 6th Amendment.

Originally posted by Raptor22
As to the question of who decides. I think the answer is clear

https://youtu.be/77jQkrAuTIE

Dammit. facepalm

You got me before I realized what it was.

samhain
Who was the guy that beat was drunk, resisted arrest, beat two cops up, grabbed their taser gun and tried to shoot them and got shot in the process?

Shaft?

samhain

I feel like it should have been an all or nothing thing, you release all the footage from all angles or you release none. Give people the full picture.

Agreed. Oversight is needed for this kind of thing.

Surtur
I gotta say I love how nobody has been able to provide a valid argument for why George Washington should not have statues, but violent home invading gun to the abdomen of pregnant women George Floyd should.

I accept the concessions smile

jaden_2.0
I gotta say I love how nobody has been able to provide a valid argument for why George Washington should not have statues, but violent home invading gun to the abdomen of pregnant women George Floyd should.

They should just have 1 for "George" and it'd be for all the Georges

Surtur
George Foreman is all "this is good, if any of my sons die...this is good".

Raptor22

I accept the concessions smile agreed. Whats fair for one side has to be fair for the other.

Thats why im sure anyone who values fairness and supports George Washington statues will also support the George Floyd Monument Project who are building a monument 2 Floyd as a tribute to BLM.

"Set to be built using black marble, the George Floyd Monument will mirror the design of the George Washington Monument and is also planned to stand alongside it, showcasing the pair of black and white Twin George Monuments standing forever equal, even though their shades may be different."

"As the George Washington Monument stands for the revolution of our country, the George Floyd Monument will stand for the revolution of our equality."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-george-floyd-monument-project-seeks-to-build-a-symbol-of-equality-never-before-seen-by-african-americans-301079923.html

SquallX

snowdragon
Opportunity and a power vaccum, another shit narrative told by media outlets that lied by omission.

This migh be an opportunity to review police and their tatics and strategies, gear etc but those things aren't going to being significant change to what many of these protesters (rioters) really want.

Surtur
Originally posted by Raptor22
agreed. Whats fair for one side has to be fair for the other.

Thats why im sure anyone who values fairness and supports George Washington statues will also support the George Floyd Monument Project who are building a monument 2 Floyd as a tribute to BLM.

"Set to be built using black marble, the George Floyd Monument will mirror the design of the George Washington Monument and is also planned to stand alongside it, showcasing the pair of black and white Twin George Monuments standing forever equal, even though their shades may be different."

"As the George Washington Monument stands for the revolution of our country, the George Floyd Monument will stand for the revolution of our equality."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-george-floyd-monument-project-seeks-to-build-a-symbol-of-equality-never-before-seen-by-african-americans-301079923.html

Looks like for once they used a bit of common sense. Put up monuments, don't rip them down.

Which is why I am positive all who support this will be calling on NYC to spend tax payer funds on a blue lives matter mural to be put in front the NYT building.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by samhain
Shaft? laughing out loud zinger!

Surtur
*shaft theme plays*

Old Man Whirly!
The best Blacploitation movie has to be Blackenstein.

socool8520
Nope. Black Dynamite all day everyday.

samhain
I know it's a spoof but 12 year old me loved I'm Gonna Git You Sucka.

socool8520
I enjoyed that film as well. I also liked Don't be a Menace if we are talking spoofs.

snowdragon
I know it's a spoof but 12 year old me loved I'm Gonna Git You Sucka.

I just rewatched that last night, Pimp of the year poem, masterpiece laughing

The Wayans family produced alot of comedy throughout the years.....In Living Color

Don't leave out Pooty Tang eitherwink

Old Man Whirly!
Liked all three of them, it's just the black Vietnam vet riff on Frankenstein makes me lol. So bad it's badly good.

socool8520
I just rewatched that last night, Pimp of the year poem, masterpiece laughing

The Wayans family produced alot of comedy throughout the years.....In Living Color

Don't leave out Pooty Tang eitherwink

Well, when there is like seven of them. lol.

They did have some good stuff though.

Surtur
The best Blacploitation movie has to be Blackenstein.

Blacula

socool8520
How about a Vampire in Brooklyn?

Surtur
https://media2.giphy.com/media/2uIfsZZPYnXh7MKrUH/giphy.gif

Eon Blue

SquallX

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by socool8520
How about a Vampire in Brooklyn?

Is his name Julius Jones?

Adam_PoE

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
If you can glorify people who owned slaves, and people who fought to own slaves, then you should be fine with this.

And if u think we can't glorify those types: you should be coming out against any Floyd murals.

And I know you agree with that, you wouldn't be so blatantly hypocritical thumb up

Adam_PoE
And if u think we can't glorify those types: you should be coming out against any Floyd murals.

And I know you agree with that, you wouldn't be so blatantly hypocritical thumb up

Who is being hypocritical besides Eon? Have I come out in favor or against any particular murals or statues?

gold slorg
who is floyd

Eon Blue
Who is being hypocritical besides Eon? Have I come out in favor or against any particular murals or statues?

Conversely, have I come out in favor or against particular murals or statues?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Conversely, have I come out in favor or against particular murals or statues? I think he means doubling down with rightists who have many negative comments on record about trans people.

SquallX

snowdragon
I'm waiting for the SJW folks to start to eat themsevles when it comes to statues and murals. Going back into the 1800's and before it was a much crueler time and many leaders back then did things that today would be considered horrendous.

All those native americans that raided each others tribes and killed women, kids, babies etc is just one easy to pick example. Tear those baby killing leaders statues down!

SquallX
I'm waiting for the SJW folks to start to eat themsevles when it comes to statues and murals. Going back into the 1800's and before it was a much crueler time and many leaders back then did things that today would be considered horrendous.

All those native americans that raided each others tribes and killed women, kids, babies etc is just one easy to pick example. Tear those baby killing leaders statues down!

Exactly. Alexander the Great was one of the best war leader of all time, he conquered so much shit, him and his army slaughtered millions in his conquest, do we now remove him from history?

But I do see a trends with liberals, they only go after white individuals, never do they talk about Genghis, Attila, Mohammed, or any other non white rulers of those times.

These morons stays in the West, become fat fin the West, then do they *****. None of them would ever give up their western life stules

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by SquallX
Exactly. Alexander the Great was one of the best war leader of all time, he conquered so much shit, him and his army slaughtered millions in his conquest, do we now remove him from history?

But I do see a trends with liberals, they only go after white individuals, never do they talk about Genghis, Attila, Mohammed, or any other non white rulers of those times.

These morons stays in the West, become fat fin the West, then do they *****. None of them would ever give up their western life stules

OwUIDNYwZRY

eThneoLgrRnae
^member of the cult of anti-Trumpers, "progressiveism" and cancel culture lecturing others about cults lol.

Oh leftists...

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by SquallX

Actually they've torn down Ghandi statues as well. He wasn't white.

Surtur
OwUIDNYwZRY

Oh me oh my it's a yootubah!

eThneoLgrRnae

I'm sure pooty will be consistent and say that YouTube videos don't count or some such similar shit lol.

Adam_PoE

We are just trying to speak your language.

Surtur
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I'm sure pooty will be consistent and say that YouTube videos don't count or some such similar shit lol.

Oh I guarantee he'll be consistent. I'll see to it smile

Adam_PoE
Oh I guarantee he'll be consistent. I'll see to it smile

The only way you could see to it, is by practicing what you preach. Are YouTube videos acceptable responses: Yes or No? If so, then watch the video and engage with the ideas presented. If not, never post another YouTube video again. Those are your choices.

Surtur
The only way you could see to it, is by practicing what you preach. Are YouTube videos acceptable responses: Yes or No? If so, then watch the video and engage with the ideas presented. If not, never post another YouTube video again. Those are your choices.

Oh I have no problem with youtube videos, in case you didn't get it: i was mocking the way some of your pathetic little friends react to youtube videos and enjoying how I know they won't be consistent in their reactions to the video you posted.

ArtificialGlory

Adam_PoE
Oh I have no problem with youtube videos, in case you didn't get it: i was mocking the way some of your pathetic little friends react to youtube videos and enjoying how I know they won't be consistent in their reactions to the video you posted.

Cool. Since you have no problem with YouTube videos, then watch the one I posted and engage with the ideas presented therein.

Surtur
Yeah within the next 24 hours or so I indeed might give it a gander

dadudemon
OwUIDNYwZRY

tradition = conservatism

Super glad we got rid of the ol' Victorian tradition of the new mother-in-law visually ensuring the marriage consummation was completed.

I don't care about any statues on public property - let the locals vote it away if they don't want it. Private property is where they should go if the locals vote it out.

Local decision like this are tailor-made for democracy.

Adam_PoE
Yeah within the next 24 hours or so I indeed might give it a gander

thumb up

dadudemon
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
While the author of that video is almost certainly a Marxist shitbag, his video is not without merit.

Ehhhh! Something I think we can all agree on.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
tradition = conservatism

Super glad we got rid of the ol' Victorian tradition of the new mother-in-law visual ensuring the marriage consummation was completed.

I don't care about any statues on public property - let the locals vote it away if they don't want it. Private property is where they should go if the locals vote it out.

While I'll probably watch the video in the morning, for now I will speak a little on tradition. It can be good sometimes, other times it cannot. Sometimes "tradition" is just another word for "religion".

dadudemon
While I'll probably watch the video in the morning, for now I will speak a little on tradition. It can be good sometimes, other times it cannot. Sometimes "tradition" is just another word for "religion".

I also agree with that.

As long as you traditions don't include obvious evil stuff like murdering and raping my people (AKA: Manifest Destiny), I want you to keep and maintain your traditions.

eThneoLgrRnae
@AG: Sorry, couldn't quote you.

The problem is that I disagree with the left that all of the people they claim were bad were actually totally bad. Like everyone else, they had their faults but they have also done good things.

Like the founding fathers, for example. The fact that they were slave owners doesn't negate that they were instrumental in creating our great country, our Republican form of government (Constitution article 4 section 4), and the Bill of Rights and the rest of the Constitution. As Americans, we owe so much to the great wisdom of our founding fathers. IMO, they're faults are far outweighed by the great things they did. They fully deserve their own statues and to be on Mount Rushmore.

In the end though, as dadudemon pointed out, the locals of a certain area should have the final say on whether or not certain statues should come down. Not communist thugs who think they have a right to dictate to other people what is acceptable and what isn't. If a community votes to keep a statue up that the commies don't like then the commies are free to move elsewhere. No one is stopping them.

snowdragon
tradition = conservatism

Super glad we got rid of the ol' Victorian tradition of the new mother-in-law visually ensuring the marriage consummation was completed.

Yes, vote it out, the mob rule and destruction is my only problem.

Put some in a museum tell the story good and bad.

Everyone is going to pick winners and losers and the current selection process makes it very difficult to hold any historic person to public display, unless it meets the standards of intersectionalitysmile

dadudemon
Yes, vote it out, the mob rule and destruction is my only problem.

Put some in a museum tell the story good and bad.

Everyone is going to pick winners and losers and the current selection process makes it very difficult to hold any historic person to public display, unless it meets the standards of intersectionalitysmile

The only thing I'd say about the museum idea is it would have to be private to work.

Everything else, A++.

If a community votes to keep a statue up that the commies don't like then the commies are free to move elsewhere. No one is stopping them.

Yup. That's what happened in Charlottesville. Damn statue arguments, city council votes, etc.

samhain

For all your talk about consistency, why has George Floyd been renamed to describe his actions and yet Washington remains George Washington and not Slave-Owning George Washington? Seems a bit disingenuous.

Old Man Whirly!
For all your talk about consistency, why has George Floyd been renamed to describe his actions and yet Washington remains George Washington and not Slave-Owning George Washington? Seems a bit disingenuous. thumb up So true laughing out loud

dadudemon
For all your talk about consistency, why has George Floyd been renamed to describe his actions and yet Washington remains George Washington and not Slave-Owning George Washington? Seems a bit disingenuous.

Slave-Owning-War-Hero Washington sounds more accurate.

Robtard
dp

Robtard

eThneoLgrRnae
Slave-Owning-War-Hero Washington sounds more accurate.

Yep, it is. But it is to be expected from those on the left to magnify the faults while downplaying or even outright ignoring the great accomplishments of true American heroes.

And, let's be real, as far as American heroes go, there are none greater than George friggin' Washington. He's right up there with Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin. Actually, greater than those two, imho, as great as they were. If not for GW, the USA probably wouldn't exist right now or even ever have existed.

George Washington was a true hero despite his faults. Floyd was a thug despite the fact that what happened to him was very wrong. Wrongly being killed by the police doesn't elevate one to hero or martyr status unless the person being killed was doing something heroic when it happened.

dadudemon

Old Man Whirly!

Old Man Whirly!
These rightists are despicable scumbags. Just get your news secondhand here from people who are on Facebook and Twitter or on YouTube by similar people with "channels" am I right?

Surtur
Yeah he did participate in a violent home invasion and held a gun to a woman's belly, there is no need for folk to spread a fake picture, he already looks very very bad thumb up

EDIT: See by spreading a fake picture it gives people a way to deflect from his violent past and the fact he doesn't deserve a mural

snowdragon
Slave-Owning-War-Hero-President

But we need to do the right thing and burn it down 4 sho

dadudemon
Yeah he did participate in a violent home invasion and held a gun to a woman's belly, there is no need for folk to spread a fake picture, he already looks very very bad thumb up

EDIT: See by spreading a fake picture it gives people a way to deflect from his violent past and the fact he doesn't deserve a mural

Agreed.

Candace Owens should issue a correction because she spread the lie about the lady being pregnant.

dadudemon

I'd be okay with a Washington Monument on my property. If cities vote to remove their Jefferson and Washington statues, I'd put them on my property. It would raise my property value...maybe.

Robtard

Surtur
Washington DC should be razed to the ground, it's named after a slave owner(washington) and famous confederate general(columbus).

Surtur

eThneoLgrRnae
Agreed.

Candace Owens should issue a correction because she spread the lie about the lady being pregnant.

If Candace truly didn't realize that the lady was not actually pregnant then it wasn't really a lie. She was just mistaken.

Old Man Whirly!
Watching the racist lies from the far right on this forum is disgusting. November is coming, time to get back in your box.

eThneoLgrRnae
Washington DC should be razed to the ground, it's named after a slave owner(washington) and famous confederate general(columbus). Originally posted by Surtur
So he held a gun to her but didn't injure her, nice.

Just call him Saint George

ROFLMAO.
laughing laughing

dadudemon
If Candace truly didn't realize that the lady was not actually pregnant then it wasn't really a lie. She was just mistaken.

Since she spread the lie that the lady was pregnant, then she should issue a correction for being part of the influential people that spread that lie - intentional or not.

eThneoLgrRnae
Ok, yeah, I can agree with that.

Surtur
Watching the racist lies from the far right on this forum is disgusting. November is coming, time to get back in your box.

Watching you debase yourself just so Rob will throw a few crumbs your way is hilarious and cringe inducing at the same time.

Old Man Whirly!
The projection from the faf right is hilarious and so cringey.

eThneoLgrRnae
The projection from the faf right is hilarious and so cringey.

^Engages in projection everyday on KMC now accusing others of doing so... nice. thumb up

Surtur
No you!!!!

Lol

Old Man Whirly!
^Engages in projection everyday on KMC now accusing others of doing so... nice. thumb up Triggidy. November is coming little one.

Robtard
The projection from the far right is hilarious and so cringey.

They've always done it. The increase is likely due to desperation.

samhain

I remember reading somewhere that Washington actually freed his slaves as part of his will and testament.

Surtur
This means we can only have statues of his ghost

Old Man Whirly!
They've always done it. The increase is likely due to desperation. As November gets closer so will the rapid urgency of Trumpers, July is almost gone.

dadudemon
Ok, yeah, I can agree with that.

This kind of response caught me off guard.

I feel like you are growing as a man - less rigid than in the past.

Good on you for being open minded but still not compromising your morals.

thumb up

dadudemon
I remember reading somewhere that Washington actually freed his slaves as part of his will and testament.

Also studied in college that he was hesitant to break up the union based on his slave-related-actions.

If I get bored, I'll see if I can dig up an academic-level write-up from a mostly neutral historian (hard to find true neutral as they pretty much don't exist). Washington was calculated in his behaviors and words.

Not excusing his actions to enslave humans but he really did live in a different time.

eThneoLgrRnae
Eh, thanks for the compliment I guess, but the truth is I've always thought that when someone makes a mistake like that they should correct it. I still like CO. She just made an innocent mistake there. Don't think she knowingly put out false info.

Surtur
Also studied in college that he was hesitant to break up the union based on his slave-related-actions.

If I get bored, I'll see if I can dig up an academic-level write-up from a mostly neutral historian (hard to find true neutral as they pretty much don't exist). Washington was calculated in his behaviors and words.

Not excusing his actions to enslave humans but he really did live in a different time.

Spoiler alert: the cherry tree belonged to a black guy and you're racist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.