Planet Godzilla vs. Ragnarok Surtur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx
Godzilla (Planet of Monsters) vs. Giant Surtur (Thor: Ragnarok)

Who wins?

xPRIMEx
Starting distance is 5 miles

KingD19
Godzilla who got nuked like a billion times, then just sat and absorbed the radiation for 20,000 years while humanity abandoned Earth? He should win imo. He's over 300 Meters tall and never stopped growing, and weighs more than 100,000 tons. And that's just size. He can regenerate wounds in seconds if he happens to get injured, has a force field, atomic breath, is extremely strong and durable. He's even got crazy reflexes.

He's also just got more feats than Surtur.

xPRIMEx
Agreed. This version of Godzilla is an absolute beast

BruceSkywalker
Zilla stomps

carthage
Yeah that Netflix version is way too powerful he eats Surtur

riv6672
Godzilla, imo.

Nibedicus

h1a8
Surtur didn't appear to be 4000m when he plucked Hulk off his head or when he got stabbed by Hela. Surtur appeared to be less than 1000ft tall and not even 1000m.

If Hulk or Hela was that size we saw in relation to Surtur then Godzilla would match his height more or less.

Also human characters in movies still perform final actions after being stabbed multiple times or shot multiple times. Doesn't mean that they are not going to die. It's possible that that Surtur could have died from his wounds. We don't know. If I had to bet then I would say not. But again we don't know.

But knocking Surtur's crown off his head seems to work though.

I know your argument is based off what was meant to be (4000m) but the problem is that it contradicts comparative size to characters. I say movie feats >>>> outside movie explanation when both contradict each other.

Silent Master
Your biased opinion doesn't overrule the movie.

xPRIMEx

riv6672

Darth Thor
Originally posted by h1a8
Surtur didn't appear to be 4000m when he plucked Hulk off his head or when he got stabbed by Hela. Surtur appeared to be less than 1000ft tall and not even 1000m.

Actually read the article. He starts off at 800m when he first appears on Asgard, and ends up at 4000m when he destroys Asgard. Because he keeps growing.

Nibedicus

h1a8
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Actually read the article. He starts off at 800m when he first appears on Asgard, and ends up at 4000m when he destroys Asgard. Because he keeps growing.

I did. Surtur was the same height when he destroyed Asgard as he was when Hela stabbed him. He destroyed Asgard as she was stabbing him.

If you look at 2:20-2:23 you see she is kinda close to Surtur when she sends a spear in him. Also you see the size of the spears in relation to her size earlier in the clip when she initially fires them (2:09 to 2:11)

https://youtu.be/cqjW7ABiA2o

In no way does Surtur appear over 1000ft.

riv6672

Nibedicus

KingD19
Godzilla did tank 150 nukes dropping on him all at once with said force field. The damage was so great that the US ended up with craters so wide and deep you can see them from space. That would have easily been enough to wipe out Asgard from what we see it as in the MCU. He als tanked a Megaton Nuclear Plasma shot before he got as big and powerful as he was.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/6238603-godzilla%20ability%20emp%20shields%20%283%29.gif

And his atomic breath is simply insane. It puts out 3 terrawatts without him amping, which is equivalent to a 2.7 megaton nuke concentrated into a continuous beam. Also its powerful enough to destroy Ghidorahs force field which literally warps space-time around him. The beam also destroyed a black hole singularity.

So he's no pushover.

KingD19
Smaller beams thar got refracted from the main attack were also destroying mountain ranges.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by h1a8
I did. Surtur was the same height when he destroyed Asgard as he was when Hela stabbed him. He destroyed Asgard as she was stabbing him.

If you look at 2:20-2:23 you see she is kinda close to Surtur when she sends a spear in him. Also you see the size of the spears in relation to her size earlier in the clip when she initially fires them (2:09 to 2:11)

https://youtu.be/cqjW7ABiA2o

In no way does Surtur appear over 1000ft.

That wasn't a good shot to judge at 2:20-2:23.

You're always talking about "writers intentions", but when you get specifics from the animators you ignore it.

Nibedicus

KingD19
The only weakness of the shield was using a special counter interference wave that amplified the noise wavelength of the organ that generates the shield. This causes a fracture in the shield, and focusing on this fracture allows you to drop the shield for a very short time before it comes back up. And the organ only makes noise for 1/10,000th of a second.

So Surtur would have no way to bypass it.

xPRIMEx

KingD19
I was under the assumption Surtur was unbothered by Hela stabbing him because he was destined to bring about Ragnarok and once that process started, nothing could stop it.

Because before he started it, we can clearly see he feels pain as both Thor and Hulk fighting him caused him obvious discomfort. Imagine if Godzilla blasts him with a beam that can destroy a massive forcefield that actively warps space-time around Ghidorah to keep him safe, and simultaneously destroy a black hole/singularity.

Also Odin was able to take the Eternal Flame from Surtur after defeating him in a battle, so it's not like he's unbeatable.

Nibedicus

Nibedicus

NemeBro

Nibedicus

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by KingD19
The only weakness of the shield was using a special counter interference wave that amplified the noise wavelength of the organ that generates the shield. This causes a fracture in the shield, and focusing on this fracture allows you to drop the shield for a very short time before it comes back up. And the organ only makes noise for 1/10,000th of a second.

So Surtur would have no way to bypass it.

I didn't know we had any other well versed Godzilla scholars on this site 😍😍😍 I don't have much to add, you've listed most of it.

Nibedicus is just to ****ing good tho and a lot of great points for both sides. Surturs lack of feats somehow help him and he's pretty damn big but I just don't see him being able to get past that field very easily. I dunno

ares834
So Godzilla's atomic breath would be significantly more powerful if he blasted out 3 terawatts in a few seconds.

ShadowFyre
Ummm as far as math goes....I have no idea.....I simply go by people's track record of seeming honest and genuine...

I would most definitely accept anything Nib puts out at face value tho. From what I have seen he is rarely biased and just enjoys the debate so I'm just gonna assume that math is fairly accurate though Earth Godzilla is way past "town" level

ares834
Math is shit for this kinda stuff. It's almost always pointless IMO.

Nibedicus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.