Godzilla (KotM) vs. Slattern (Pacific Rim) vs. Mega Kaiju (PR2)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx
Who is the strongest Kaiju?

ShadowFyre
Godzilla outweighs every single Kaiju and every single Jaeger that ever appeared in both Pacific Rim movies simultaneously while still being over 100 feet shorter than Slattern.

He tears through the paper monsters like they did not even exist.

Fun fact: Final Wars Godzilla (not this one)hammertossed the 33,000 ton Kumpnga out of orbit. He could literally spacetoss the 5k ton MegaKaiju with the utmost of ease

****ing Mothra outweighs Mega Kaiju and Slattern combined times 2

xPRIMEx

ShadowFyre
They are light but they are extremely strong and fairly durable for that weight.

Also this Gojir has tie in canon comics that put his durability at insane levels.

He survived an almost direct hit from the meteor that caused the Permian extinction and it knocked his ass halfway to the center of the Earth. They just can't replicate things like that.

Also in KOTM Godzilla took a nuke multiple times more powerful than the Tzar bomb straight to the face with his eyes open. Yeah he absorbs radiation but that does not negate the physical force he endured.

And before anyone questions the power of the nuke they used.
In the depths of the ocean, this nuke created a cavity bubble miles across that obliterated life sized solid stone statues of Godzilla. No nuke ever created is even remotely close to that.

riv6672
Godzilla, imo.

xPRIMEx
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
They are light but they are extremely strong and fairly durable for that weight.

Also this Gojir has tie in canon comics that put his durability at insane levels.

He survived an almost direct hit from the meteor that caused the Permian extinction and it knocked his ass halfway to the center of the Earth. They just can't replicate things like that.

Also in KOTM Godzilla took a nuke multiple times more powerful than the Tzar bomb straight to the face with his eyes open. Yeah he absorbs radiation but that does not negate the physical force he endured.

In the depths of the ocean, this nuke created a cavity bubble miles across that obliterated life sized solid stone statues of Godzilla. No nuke ever created is even remotely close to that.
Are u referring to the oxygen destroyer in KotM?

ShadowFyre
No, the nuke Serizawa used to heal him. Rewatch that scene, that nuke is insane.

KingD19
Does he get to use his "Nuke Mode" with the pulse?

SquallX

KingD19

ShadowFyre
The OD was more of a chemical/biological attack though it did have some impressive force it was definitely no more than a typical nuke

ShadowFyre
Yes, he used it to beat Muto Prime. It's like a directed nuclear pulse from how I looked at it. The sonic attack shattered the spines and then he flipped him on his back and blasted his ass You should make a Toho Kingdom account.

xPRIMEx
Originally posted by KingD19
That's why I was asking. It's basically a combo attack since he used Mothra to help him absorb the nukes energy and turn it into a powerup.

However, in a comic that's canon to the movies, he has a similar ability called "Radiation Stream" where he basically shoots a wave of energy from his dorsal plates, so it's a directed attack instead of omnidirectional pulses.
Pretty sure mothra just healed him, he was already going thermonuclear without her help.

ShadowFyre
Kinda, fire Godzilla was a Mothra amp, the director said so. But...he was already going thermonuclear.

Also, during the pulses you can clearly see and hear Mothra.

It's irrelevant since he won't be needing any of that for this fight. They effectively simply can't injure him.

Supermans, Supergirl, IW Thor, other Titans are the only movie characters physically strong enough to move or injure him

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

KingD19
If you watch the scene carefully, you can see that the pulses are in the shape of Mothra's wings, and every time one shoots out, you can hear her unique monster cry.

ShadowFyre
I can find the directors quote sure. Gimme a bit.

And would he have been destroyed? Uhh it would have gone two ways he would have given out weaker nuclear pulses that Ghidorah would have regenerated from and then Godzilla would have lost.

Or yes, he would have exploded killing Ghidorah and probably everything else in a large area

Fire Godzilla is based off of Burnjng Godzilla from vs. Destroyah in that, Godzilla was so powerful from a uranium deposit exploding and if he had gone full meltdown it would have destroyed the planet.

KingD19
Japan has been finding ways to make a dinosaur the most dangerous thing in the universe for decades.

ShadowFyre
Well, considering his origin comes from the deaths of a hundred thousand Japanese. It makes sense

xPRIMEx
Cool. So basically Mothra just enabled Godzilla to use the thermonuclear energy at will? But he still would have exploded eventually?

KingD19
Basically without Mothra, he more than likely would have self-destructed, and probably would have been the only one to survive, if he didn't blow up enough of Earth to destroy it.

Mothra fusing with him and sacrificing herself in the process lent enough of her energy to him to heal him enough that he could absorb all the remaining energy with no issues.

Khazra Reborn
Godzilla shreds them all like tissue paper, PR Kaiju are weak sauce.

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx
I can find the directors quote sure. Gimme a bit.

And would he have been destroyed? Uhh it would have gone two ways he would have given out weaker nuclear pulses that Ghidorah would have regenerated from and then Godzilla would have lost.

Or yes, he would have exploded killing Ghidorah and probably everything else in a large area

Fire Godzilla is based off of Burnjng Godzilla from vs. Destroyah in that, Godzilla was so powerful from a uranium deposit exploding and if he had gone full meltdown it would have destroyed the planet.
After reading the novel, there's no indication that Mothra did anything other than revive him. These quotes are taken from the novel, right when they notice that Godzilla was amped from Serizawa's nuke:

"Godzilla seemed--brighter. The pulses from his spines grew more radiant every second, and his skin was shining, too."

"Godzilla was pulsating with a fiery orange light, the air around him distorted by heat waves"

So Godzilla was already glowing before Mothra's sacrifice.

Also, Godzilla appeared dead with no glow after being dropped from the sky, according to the novel:

"The giant reptile struck the ground like a bomb, and when the dust settled, Mark saw him lying motionless in the crater his body had carved into Boston. He looked dead, but Ghidorah didn't think so--or maybe he just wasn't taking chances."

Then once Mothra sacrificed her life and her dust settled on Godzilla, his glow returned:

"At this distance, it was hard to tell, but it looked like the fallen Titan was starting to take on a dull, reddish orange sheen, as if lava was welling up from beneath his skin. And suddenly Mark realized they still had a chance."

So it seems to me after reviewing the novel that Fire Godzilla was simply the result of Godzilla going thermonuclear, and Mothra's sacrifice only revived Godzilla restoring his radiation levels back to thermonuclear.

As for the director's quote you mentioned, the only one I could find just said that the power up was temporary, and could only be reached again under very specific circumstances. He didn't say anything about Mothra being the cause.

As for Mothra's shape being in the nuclear pulses, that can be explained simply as a visual homage to Mothra's sacrifice. It doesn't mean that he couldn't have used the nuclear pulse without her. Sure, she healed him and brought him back to his previous radiation levels so that he could reach his Fire Godzilla form, but Godzilla could have reached his Fire Godzilla form without her if he hadn't been nearly killed.

I guess another explanation could be that when Mothra healed Godzilla, she also advanced him further into his thermonuclear reaction as well/sped it up. Because each time it mentions Godzilla’s glow in the novel, it’s changed. The first time it’s a shine, then he’s pulsating with a fiery orange light, and then after Mothra heals him he has a reddish orange sheen like lava.

xPRIMEx
Also this quote shows that Godzilla did go thermonuclear: the final nuclear pulse resulted in a mushroom cloud ("exploding like an atom bomb"wink as Stanton originally said he would, meaning that the nuclear pulses weren't just a power that Mothra gave him to vent out the radiation but rather a result of the thermonuclear reaction:

"Ghidorah slumped to the ground, writhing, as Godzilla stepped on his chest, and as another pulse built within the great lizard, Ghidorah's remaining head shrieked.
When Mark opened his eyes, he saw a mushroom cloud lifting from Boston."

xPRIMEx

Rebel95

ShadowFyre
I promise there is a direct statement from Dougherty. I forgot to look it up. One sec

ShadowFyre
https://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/mike-dougherty-explains-fire-godzilla-king-the-monsters

Obviously that site is trash but the quotes are straight from the director

Let me break it down for you. Godzilla was on his deathbed due to the OD. Serizawa then detonated a Tzar +++ nuclear bomb about 3 feet away from his face. That brought him back to 100% with a power creep that was slowly going to make him go thermonuclear.

Keep in mind, the characters have zero clue that Godzilla can pulse so they think he is going to blow up. He could have released weaker ones and brought it down I imagine.

I don't think yall are really comprehending how hot Fire Godzilla was. Godzilla's regular nuclear pulse probably gets as hot as a nuke for that brief split second. Cool, both him and KG have taken everything in humans arsenal without a scratch. And nukes are powerful but they don't liquidate skyscrapers. And Gojira was instantly liquefying every single thing within like a mile of him.

That science guy on YouTube did the math and Godzillas body got core of the sun hot. The Mothra amp simply put Godzilla at like 150% and let him control it somewhat.

All you saw was 94 Burning Godzilla use a red spiral nuclear pulse instead of a ray lol. Since Ghidorah had just prior completely regenerated roughly 30,000 tons of neck and head in under 15 seconds ( several times faster than Deadpool or Logan can regenerate a 5lb hand. That's bonkers) he had to completely atomize him to a certain point.

And once again, both me and King have pointed out that Godzilla is able to nuclear pulse without an amp, it is simply an omnidirectional blast. He used it on Muto Prime though as King stated. More of a stream since his spines were shattered due to a sonic attack.

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

You really think that bomb was more powerful than the Tsar Bomba??

ShadowFyre
By math and science it was lol. I have zero way of telling but bro. That cavity bubble was as big as the explosion from a nuke above ground. And it obliterated mountains and an entire stone cities. Those Godzilla statues were multiple times more durable than a modern day skyscrapers. Solid stone compressed at the bottom of the ocean. A regular nuke wouldn scratch that and even the Tzar bomb wouldn't put a dent in Yucatan. That thing obliterated everything. Not even comparable really.

Disclaimer: I don't do math and cant pretend to be a learned scholar like everyone else but I know nukes can't destroy mountains

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.