What DC villain that's viewed as a big deal would be just another Tuesday in Marvel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
IMO i'd say joker

-Pr-
I look forward to all the "hur dur someone would just shoot him" posts.

Like people haven't been ****ing trying for decades.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by -Pr-
I look forward to all the "hur dur someone would just shoot him" posts.

Like people haven't been ****ing trying for decades.

laughing out loud First time he meets Frank will be the last time he pisses off a Marvel character.

ShadowFyre
World Forget, Superman Prime, Imperiex, Entropy, Darkseid, HP doomsday.

Seriously though, kinda hard to say because Marvel will kill a mother****er but DC generally has more powerful characters.

Alberto is 100% correct on the Joker and Punisher tho

Sin I AM
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud First time he meets Frank will be the last time he pisses off a Marvel character.

Doubtful as Joker is more skilled in h2h and has just as good but arguably better damage soak

DarkSaint85
Plus, Frank will just become the next Joker.

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/Batman-Describes-The-Batman-Who-Laughs-1.jpg

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Doubtful as Joker is more skilled in h2h and has just as good but arguably better damage soak

Are you serious? In a fight punisher kills joker he isn't dealing with someone with a moral compass stuck on no killing the first opportunity that arises he's getting a bullet to his head and that's no joke.

SquallX

SquallX
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
World Forget, Superman Prime, Imperiex, Entropy, Darkseid, HP doomsday.

Seriously though, kinda hard to say because Marvel will kill a mother****er but DC generally has more powerful characters.

Alberto is 100% correct on the Joker and Punisher tho

Who in Marvel can casually take those guys out?

Sin I AM
Are you serious? In a fight punisher kills joker he isn't dealing with someone with a moral compass stuck on no killing the first opportunity that arises he's getting a bullet to his head and that's no joke.

Then you've never truly read anything objectively with Joker. He's more than capable with fighting h2h and like i said earlier his damage soak his just as great if not greater. He would also outprep him in any prep scenario. Castle isnt good enough

AlbertoJohnAvil
@squall

There's not really anyone like the punisher CONSISTENTLY used in DC comics though. Vigilante is probably the closest but when's the last time you seen vigilante consistently used?

MrMind
Joker takes punisher out

AlbertoJohnAvil
Then you've never truly read anything objectively with Joker. He's more than capable with fighting h2h and like i said earlier his damage soak his just as great if not greater. He would also outprep him in any prep scenario. Castle isnt good enough

laughing out loud post some scans

Frank is militarily trained. Has more durability, agility, strength, and speed than The Joker. He'd simply overwhelm him and put a bullet in his head ot end it.

Old Man Whirly!

Frank is militarily trained. Has more durability, agility, strength, and speed than The Joker. He'd simply overwhelm him and put a bullet in his head ot end it. Nah. Sin is right.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by SquallX

Nobody, hence the "Seriously though" starting the next sentence.

I also said DC generally has more powerful characters, mainly due to speed but still.

Sin I AM

Frank is militarily trained. Has more durability, agility, strength, and speed than The Joker. He'd simply overwhelm him and put a bullet in his head ot end it.

Post scans of prep or him fighting streets or damage soak?

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by SquallX

I also said DC generally has more powerful characters, mainly due to speed but still.

And let's not get to crazy with the "military" trained stuff, I mean I was an instructor for a while in the Marines and I'm pretty sure the average comic book child citizen would wtf wash my ass. It just doesent mean much in comics.

I still think Punisher would kill Joker tho

Sin I AM
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

And let's not get to crazy with the "military" trained stuff, I mean I was an instructor for a while in the Marines and I'm pretty sure the average comic book child citizen would wtf wash my ass. It just doesent mean much in comics.

I still think Punisher would kill Joker tho

But how though? I see this post alot where people say Frank would come to Gotham and clean house...sure he'd wreck alot of low level guys. Hed probably take out the mob, five families etc..but against or the Court of Owls, etc...hes out of his league. And none of these guys want to screw with Joker. I mean he outprepped Lex, Sinestro, Grodd etc on his Lexs own turf to prove a point. He's more than just some crazed clown. People forget that. Punisher is awesome but he rarely goes after the big names. When he can take down Bullseye, a similarly psycho who operates in Franks own backyard, then id concede.

-Pr-

I'm not sure if you're cereals or trolling.

But sure, if you take away everything about the Joker that makes him special, a decent Marvel street would have no problem taking him down.

I really think he hasn't. Or, as before, he might just be trolling.

Smurph
Doubtful as Joker is more skilled in h2h and has just as good but arguably better damage soak Great damage soak and h2h skills? Sure.

More skilled in h2h than Frank?

Lol, no.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I'm not sure if you're cereals or trolling.

But sure, if you take away everything about the Joker that makes him special, a decent Marvel street would have no problem taking him down.

I really think he hasn't. Or, as before, he might just be trolling.

I read Batman. Joker is just a lame convoluted threat they keep throwing up to give Batman an opposite because DC is afraid to pull the trigger on the worn out character plain and simple. They had that corny still unresolved 3 jokers storyline that they haven't solidly finished as an excuse for joker's various performances

-Pr-
I read Batman. Joker is just a lame convoluted threat they keep throwing up to give Batman an opposite because DC is afraid to pull the trigger on the worn out character plain and simple. They had that corny still unresolved 3 jokers storyline that they haven't solidly finished as an excuse for joker's various performances

I'm beginning to think you just think that hating something means it's objectively crap.

The Three Jokers book is actually not far off being finished, as of the last update. Who knows, it might be shit.

Sin I AM

What MAs has he beaten or managed to stalemate

AlbertoJohnAvil
I'm beginning to think you just think that hating something means it's objectively crap.

The Three Jokers book is actually not far off being finished, as of the last update. Who knows, it might be shit.

the book might end up being good, who knows. That doesn't stop the concept itself from being corny. Forced complication is always corny to me. That shit is like adding tomato slices to grilled cheese or raisins in potato salad. Joker as a chaotic killer clown is fine enough. He shouldn't have ever been the arch nemesis though, Hugo strange, bane, or Ra's Al ghul should more rightfully fill that role.

ShadowFyre
But how though? I see this post alot where people say Frank would come to Gotham and clean house...sure he'd wreck alot of low level guys. Hed probably take out the mob, five families etc..but against or the Court of Owls, etc...hes out of his league. And none of these guys want to screw with Joker. I mean he outprepped Lex, Sinestro, Grodd etc on his Lexs own turf to prove a point. He's more than just some crazed clown. People forget that. Punisher is awesome but he rarely goes after the big names. When he can take down Bullseye, a similarly psycho who operates in Franks own backyard, then id concede.

I have no idea about the h2h I just agree that Frank will try and kill him

AlbertoJohnAvil

Difference between Batman and Frank
Is Frank is coming in killing. The court of owls would have been less of an issue if Batman came in hitting them with grenades and high velocity weapons from the jump. People don't mess with joker because he's a nut, Frank is also a nut in the other direction. As far as joker " outprepping" all the others you named it's all plot based bullshit. There's not one person on that list that couldn't EASILY tear joker in half at the drop of a hat.

Sin I AM
Difference between Batman and Frank
Is Frank is coming in killing. The court of owls would have been less of an issue if Batman came in hitting them with grenades and high velocity weapons from the jump. People don't mess with joker because he's a nut, Frank is also a nut in the other direction. As far as joker " outprepping" all the others you named it's all plot based bullshit. There's not one person on that list that couldn't EASILY tear joker in half at the drop of a hat.

Ahh i see. You're a low-baller. Nevermind then ttyl

ShadowFyre
To be fair @alberto you could use that "worn out villian" on Thanos, Darkseid,Zod,Apocalypse,Doom, any universal threat, doomsday, evil Superman clone, juggernaut etc. Etc. Not just joker

Khazra Reborn

MrMind
joker outprep them all

DarkSaint85
Love how people forget that Gotham villains are perfectly willing to kill. And are capable of hiring other villains who are willing to kill (Deathstroke etc).

As if killing is some mythical no go area DC won't do.....

-Pr-
the book might end up being good, who knows. That doesn't stop the concept itself from being corny. Forced complication is always corny to me. That shit is like adding tomato slices to grilled cheese or raisins in potato salad. Joker as a chaotic killer clown is fine enough. He shouldn't have ever been the arch nemesis though, Hugo strange, bane, or Ra's Al ghul should more rightfully fill that role.

They don't represent Batman's dark reflection nearly as much as the Joker does, though. There's a reason he's a persistently recurring villain (even at the times when he shouldn't be).

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Love how people forget that Gotham villains are perfectly willing to kill. And are capable of hiring other villains who are willing to kill (Deathstroke etc).

As if killing is some mythical no go area DC won't do.....

Hell, people still act like the League doesn't kill, when people like Batman and Superman are largely the exception, not the rule.

AlbertoJohnAvil
They don't represent Batman's dark reflection nearly as much as the Joker does, though. There's a reason he's a persistently recurring villain (even at the times when he shouldn't be).

Hell, people still act like the League doesn't kill, when people like Batman and Superman are largely the exception, not the rule.

Except Joker isn't a reflection of Batman in the slightest bit. DC keeps him around because they have a serious issue with holding on to old characters even in the face of success without them. When they made Dick Grayson Batman the book was just fine without Bruce or the joker in the story, better even. DC keeps adding shock value to joker to keep him relevant because he nothing but a serial killing clown with a some plot based toxin toxin as a backup plan.

-Pr-
Except Joker isn't a reflection of Batman in the slightest bit. DC keeps him around because they have a serious issue with holding on to old characters even in the face of success without them. When they made Dick Grayson Batman the book was just fine without Bruce or the joker in the story, better even. DC keeps adding shock value to joker to keep him relevant because he nothing but a serial killing clown with a some plot based toxin toxin as a backup plan.

You either really, really hate The Joker, are trolling, or are showing me levels of ignorance I didn't know existed when it comes to comics.

And I talk to Stilt.

krisblaze
DC villains are much scarier than Marvel villains.
Remember the Freedom Fighters?

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze

Not sure I agree. Fear is fear, so they do it in equal measure. Imagine Carnage creeping around trying to kill you? Anyway, my first thought on the OP was that Frank would just shoot him in the face. No h2h, no dialogue queue for an argument, just pow you're effing dead.

DarkSaint85
Plus, Frank will just become the next Joker.

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/Batman-Describes-The-Batman-Who-Laughs-1.jpg

xJLxKing

AlbertoJohnAvil
You either really, really hate The Joker, are trolling, or are showing me levels of ignorance I didn't know existed when it comes to comics.

And I talk to Stilt.

joker isn't isn't a reflection of Batman in the slightest bit, that's not an opinion.
As far as joker just being a serial killing clown with a toxin as a backup plan? What more is he?
What's his power set?
What's his real purpose beside he's crazy?
I've been reading comics since 1987 my dude, there's nothing about joker that is all that special beside the nostalgic factor of them force feeding him as Batman's arch nemesis.

Magnon
If we assume Joker just gets thrown into MU without his resources, connections or world knowledge then of course he would be in trouble.

But allow him to have all of the above to the extent he has those in DCU then he would give Frank (and most other MU streets) the Jason Todd treatment.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Magnon
If we assume Joker just gets thrown into MU without his resources, connections or world knowledge then of course he would be in trouble.

But allow him to have all of the above to the extent he has those in DCU then he would give Frank (and most other MU streets) the Jason Todd treatment.

He went undercover and was 'normal' enough that Batman of all people couldn't recognise him, even though they frequently interacted (over an entire year):

https://imgur.com/a/Upmqj

And Joker Venom isn't that hard for him to make:
https://i.postimg.cc/ZYxbzLsy/RCO008-1469460604.jpg

krisblaze
Originally posted by Stoic
Not sure I agree. Fear is fear, so they do it in equal measure. Imagine Carnage creeping around trying to kill you? Anyway, my first thought on the OP was that Frank would just shoot him in the face. No h2h, no dialogue queue for an argument, just pow you're effing dead.
Carnage?
Try Black Adam or Sinestro...

AlbertoJohnAvil
Carnage?
Try Black Adam or Sinestro...

Marvel has Carnage, Green Goblin, Bullseye, AND Knull whos pretty scary while dc villains are more witty

MrMind
doh!

Magnon
He went undercover and was 'normal' enough that Batman of all people couldn't recognise him, even though they frequently interacted (over an entire year):

And Joker Venom isn't that hard for him to make:
Good point. In MU, he would likely go undercover and only make himself known once he had re-established his resources and powerbase.

Diesldude
No one. Play in in reverse, a nobody in dc like riddler would own the streets in marvel with no Batman to stop him.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Diesldude
No one. Play in in reverse, a nobody in dc like riddler would own the streets in marvel with no Batman to stop him.

Prove it

-Pr-
joker isn't isn't a reflection of Batman in the slightest bit, that's not an opinion.
As far as joker just being a serial killing clown with a toxin as a backup plan? What more is he?
What's his power set?
I've been reading comics since 1987 my dude, there's nothing about joker that is all that special beside the nostalgic factor of them force feeding him as Batman's arch nemesis.

Yes it is. One that's hard to argue given the mountain of evidence to the contrary.
I told you.
Is power set necessary to be a good villain?
His purpose? Anarchy? Destruction? To be Batman's opposite in so many ways?

Funny, I've been reading comics since the late 80s too. And in that time, if I've learned anything, it's that opinions and facts aren't the same thing.

Honestly, I think you just don't like DC. That's the impression I'm getting.

Diesldude
What's his power set?
I've been reading comics since 1987 my dude, there's nothing about joker that is all that special beside the nostalgic factor of them force feeding him as Batman's arch nemesis. remember that picture you posted with Starlin as proof that you met him? Can you post it again please? Thanks in advance. thumb up

AlbertoJohnAvil
Yes it is. One that's hard to argue given the mountain of evidence to the contrary.
I told you.
Is power set necessary to be a good villain?
His purpose? Anarchy? Destruction? To be Batman's opposite in so many ways?

Funny, I've been reading comics since the late 80s too. And in that time, if I've learned anything, it's that opinions and facts aren't the same thing.

Honestly, I think you just don't like DC. That's the impression I'm getting.

Yeah no it isn't, you're wrong, period. joker isn't a reflection of Batman, Joker is a chaos for chaos sake murderous anarchist nutbag. Batman is a wealthy highly intelligent man of order. If anything Ra's Al ghul is his mirror or at least what he could become if corrupted.
Power set is necessary in the context of why he would be trivial in marvel. What's to stop him from getting shot in the head by Punisher? He doesn't have a healing factor or invulnerability so it he could easily get murked.

-Pr-
Yeah no it isn't, you're wrong, period. joker isn't a reflection of Batman, Joker is a chaos for chaos sake murderous anarchist nutbag. Batman is a wealthy highly intelligent man of order. If anything Ra's Al ghul is his mirror or at least what he could become if corrupted.
Power set is necessary in the context of why he would be trivial in marvel. What's to stop him from getting shot in the head by Punisher? He doesn't have a healing factor or invulnerability so it he could easily get murked.

I'll take the word of Alan Moore and Denny O'Neil over yours if you don't mind.

"What's to stop him getting shot in the head by Punisher?" if I'm being honest, is a dumb ****ing question. And you really should know better.

How many villains (or heroes, even) in comics could easily be taken out by a sniper five blocks away on a water tower with a rifle? Tons. You know why it doesn't happen? Because comics. Because characters that are important to plots don't just needlessly die. Because sometimes you have to sacrifice common sense to tell a good story. Because vs threads don't really work if we make characters do what we'd do in their place.

Imagine going in to a thread about Punisher vs one of the X-Men, and using the same argument. Or someone from the Justice League. Or any superhero team where someone has better stats.

krisblaze
Marvel has Carnage, Green Goblin, Bullseye, AND Knull whos pretty scary while dc villains are more witty
Bullseye is the only one of them who has any worthwhile scary moments in Dark Avengers. I'd say Venom generally comes off as more frightening than Carnage, who's mostly played for laughs. I suppose you could add Sabretooth as wel. Him and Bullseye seem to get away with a lot.

That being said, the DC villains seem to accomplish far more. Superboy Prime, Black Adam, Sinestro, Mongul, Hank Henshaw and so on. Marvel have few villains that compare to these...Just the stuff Joker alone has accomplished seems to beat anything Marvel villains has done.

Also, how far up your ass did you have to crawl to come up with this?

DarkSaint85

"What's to stop him getting shot in the head by Punisher?" if I'm being honest, is a dumb ****ing question. And you really should know better.

How many villains (or heroes, even) in comics could easily be taken out by a sniper five blocks away on a water tower with a rifle? Tons. You know why it doesn't happen? Because comics. Because characters that are important to plots don't just needlessly die. Because sometimes you have to sacrifice common sense to tell a good story. Because vs threads don't really work if we make characters do what we'd do in their place.

Imagine going in to a thread about Punisher vs one of the X-Men, and using the same argument. Or someone from the Justice League. Or any superhero team where someone has better stats.

LMAO like comic characters stay dead in the first place anyway. Joker has even been executed before...

-Pr-
LMAO like comic characters stay dead in the first place anyway. Joker has even been executed before...

Also a good point. Especially with there being three of the ****ers.

Juntai
Whats to stop any human characters from getting shot?
Like Hawkeye, Bullseye, Fury, Elektra, etc?

Is it skill?

Because Joker is skilled enough to go against the Bat-family. He's taken all of them down at one time or another, including sometimes all in the same story. Including Red Hood, who will put a bullet in someone too.

We've seen him go blow for blow for Dick, Bruce, and even Casandra Cain in hand to hand. We've seen him effortlessly take down rooms full of officers, special forces, League of Shadows ninjas and regular thug henchmen on various occasions like a plague of death walking through, and laughing about it.

He's taken over the city several times, created his own red skied Crisis event on Earth and even took over reality once.

He's one of the most dangerous human characters in comics. His resume speaks for itself.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Bullseye is the only one of them who has any worthwhile scary moments in Dark Avengers. I'd say Venom generally comes off as more frightening than Carnage, who's mostly played for laughs. I suppose you could add Sabretooth as wel. Him and Bullseye seem to get away with a lot.

That being said, the DC villains seem to accomplish far more. Superboy Prime, Black Adam, Sinestro, Mongul, Hank Henshaw and so on. Marvel have few villains that compare to these...Just the stuff Joker alone has accomplished seems to beat anything Marvel villains has done.

Also, how far up your ass did you have to crawl to come up with this?

Marvel has villains like hyperstorm, anti-man, maelstrom, king Hyperion, annihilus, Ultron, etc in comparison. The notion that DC has all around more powerful heroes and villains is some WAY overblown shit that shows bias and in your case here trolling if you actually read both companies.

They've been constantly one upping each other for years, it's damn near an impossibility at this point for you not to find a comparable villain between the companies.

DarkSaint85
Tbf, what's stopping Joker from just shooting Punisher in the face?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Juntai

Is it skill?

Because Joker is skilled enough to go against the Bat-family. He's taken all of them down at one time or another, including sometimes all in the same story. Including Red Hood, who will put a bullet in someone too.

We've seen him go blow for blow for Dick, Bruce, and even Casandra Cain in hand to hand. We've seen him effortlessly take down rooms full of officers, special forces, League of Shadows ninjas and regular thug henchmen on various occasions like a plague of death walking through, and laughing about it.

He's taken over the city several times, created his own red skied Crisis event on Earth and even took over reality once.

He's one of the most dangerous human characters in comics. His resume speaks for itself.

Joker can't really hang with Batman, they just have to let him get a good hit in every now and then to keep him a compelling villain. Joker should have died off when Hugo strange was introduced.

AlbertoJohnAvil

laughing laughing out loud HAHA you USED ALAN MOORE out all people too, YIKES. All I was trying to say was there's no real reason why the joker, a complete normie in the comparable sense is able to survive beyond the fact that nobody is actively trying to kill him. If they were he'd be dead. DC as a company hangs on to the character just because he's the most recognizable villain to their most successful character. Beyond that he just overhyped beyond his station. I feel the same way about Norman Osborn in marvel, they gave him a platform to be the baddest villain in marvel for a bit when he's was consistently getting his ass handed to him by basically a kid for years.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Juntai

Is it skill?

ALSO,
All those characters have been killed or at least badly crippled before. The also are all highly trained to the point we're they can throw small objects at bullets to intercept them.
Joker has NEVER been as skilled as the batfamily in the slightest bit. They are all human and not immune to getting caught off guard. He's unpredictable and the advantage of being unpredictable against highly trained fighter is they never know where your hits are coming from. Plot saved him from red hood.
He's not dangerous at all just company protected. period

The fact that Joker has beaten the Bat Fam on multiple occasions is an indictment against them than a argument for Joker level of skill.

krisblaze
Marvel has villains like hyperstorm, anti-man, maelstrom, king Hyperion, annihilus, Ultron, etc in comparison. The notion that DC has all around more powerful heroes and villains is some WAY overblown shit that shows bias and in your case here trolling if you actually read both companies.
Hyperstorm, Maelstrom and Anti-man don't exactly make regular appearances....

Aside from large crossovers the DC teams seem to face far more powerful villains. Amazed anyone would argue this.

At any rate I said "scarier" villains. Villains that accomplish and get away with more.
Like my example, Freedom Fighters.
When's the last time a marvel hero team was wiped out?

They've been constantly one upping each other for years, it's damn near an impossibility at this point for you not to find a comparable villain between the companies.
Marvel earth does not have nearly as powerful villain as DC earth.
The cosmology more or less evens out, but that's because they all go "max power" more or less.

StiltmanFTW

They are rare as f*ck, yes.

What this thread has... "evolved"... into now?

Haven't checked it in a while. Anything I missed?

It's funny how Alberto became our sole source of entertainment.

AlbertoJohnAvil

Aside from large crossovers the DC teams seem to face far more powerful villains. Amazed anyone would argue this.

At any rate I said "scarier" villains. Villains that accomplish and get away with more.
Like my example, Freedom Fighters.
When's the last time a marvel hero team was wiped out?

Marvel earth does not have nearly as powerful villain as DC earth.
The cosmology more or less evens out, but that's because they all go "max power" more or less.

Heroes failing to stop something shows failure not that the villains are greater. Thanos wiped out everything 2-3 times. Matthew Malloy was well on his way to do it. Molecule man casually did it and put everything back. Legion inadvertently did it. Mikaboshi did it. The beyonders did it. The beyonder did it. Ultron did it twice. Red skull did it once.
DC is not more powerful than marvel. They just have more events where the heroes fail in order to add to stagnant storytelling.

DarkSaint85
So what you're saying is Marvel heroes keep failing....

AlbertoJohnAvil
Both are, DC just keeps failing to the point where they need full reboots and universe mergers.

DarkSaint85
You just said DC had more events where the heroes fail...

Then listed tons of Marvel failings lol.

AlbertoJohnAvil
He asked for villains that wiped out teams and I named them. DC has more events where their entire continuity had to be rebooted because of base failure from the heroes. That's only happened once in marvel.

krisblaze
Heroes failing to stop something shows failure not that the villains are greater. Thanos wiped out everything 2-3 times. Matthew Malloy was well on his way to do it. Molecule man casually did it and put everything back. Legion inadvertently did it. Mikaboshi did it. The beyonders did it. The beyonder did it. Ultron did it twice. Red skull did it once.
DC is not more powerful than marvel. They just have more events where the heroes fail in order to add to stagnant storytelling.

It doesn't seem to be sinking in, I'll try a different approach smile

A cosmic villain isn't scary, because whatever they do will happen out in space and have no consequence on a person's life. Someone wiping out existence isn't scary on an individual level, that's why I omitted cosmology. No one has heard of Hyperstorm or Maelstrom, any more than they've heard of the Anti-Monitor or Mandrakk.

Legion and Malloy might be villains on earth, but they're completely unknown and not really recurring in the sense that they show up in the public eye. Carnage, Bullseye and The Green Goblin were better examples of scary villains.

But not even they have the claim to fame that someone like Superboy Prime or the Society. I can't think of any Marvel villains that accomplish as much evil on earth as their DC counterparts, and on the topic of power I certainly can't think of a Marvel version of the Secret Society of Super Villains. At one point they had Black Adam, Sinestro, Bizarro, Zoom, Dr.Light, Amazo and Psycho Pirate. On one team...

DarkSaint85
Black Adam killed everyone in Bialya. That's like....wmd levels. Sure, it's no God Doom, but this was a guy you could watch Inthe news, who was part of the JSA.

-Pr-
laughing laughing out loud HAHA you USED ALAN MOORE out all people too, YIKES. All I was trying to say was there's no real reason why the joker, a complete normie in the comparable sense is able to survive beyond the fact that nobody is actively trying to kill him. If they were he'd be dead. DC as a company hangs on to the character just because he's the most recognizable villain to their most successful character. Beyond that he just overhyped beyond his station. I feel the same way about Norman Osborn in marvel, they gave him a platform to be the baddest villain in marvel for a bit when he's was consistently getting his ass handed to him by basically a kid for years.

You shouldn't be so transparent in your trolling. Subtlety would be good.

If by some small miracle you aren't trolling? I would suggest finding a book about how comics are written. There are tons out there. I particularly recommend the ones by Stan Lee and Peter David.

Great pick. That wasn't just a killing. It was a brutal murder. The kind you don't see very often performed against remotely established characters.

Smurph

MrMind
dc villains are so insane they have to reboot the universe every few decades

AlbertoJohnAvil

A cosmic villain isn't scary, because whatever they do will happen out in space and have no consequence on a person's life. Someone wiping out existence isn't scary on an individual level, that's why I omitted cosmology. No one has heard of Hyperstorm or Maelstrom, any more than they've heard of the Anti-Monitor or Mandrakk.

Legion and Malloy might be villains on earth, but they're completely unknown and not really recurring in the sense that they show up in the public eye. Carnage, Bullseye and The Green Goblin were better examples of scary villains.

But not even they have the claim to fame that someone like Superboy Prime or the Society. I can't think of any Marvel villains that accomplish as much evil on earth as their DC counterparts, and on the topic of power I certainly can't think of a Marvel version of the Secret Society of Super Villains. At one point they had Black Adam, Sinestro, Bizarro, Zoom, Dr.Light, Amazo and Psycho Pirate. On one team...

you're over explaining my point while at the same time trying to twist it to whatever idea you are rolling with.

DarkSaint85

krisblaze
@Smurph, good point.
The Mutant Massacre also comes to mind.
It comes as no suprise to anyone that the x-men stories are the superior ones.

Another noteworthy mention is MJJ.

you're over explaining my point while at the same time trying to twist it to whatever idea you are rolling with.

Sorry if it feels like I'm moving the goalpost here.
I'm simply elaborating on why I find DC villains to be more frightening.

Stoic

True enough. I'm still not sure about the more powerful aspect of your breakdown. More plentiful is a better word. The Void is pretty scary too, but I get where you're going.

AlbertoJohnAvil
@Smurph, good point.
The Mutant Massacre also comes to mind.
It comes as no suprise to anyone that the x-men stories are the superior ones.

Another noteworthy mention is MJJ.

Sorry if it feels like I'm moving the goalpost here.
I'm simply elaborating on why I find DC villains to be more frightening.

It's all good bro, but on Earth most of Marvel villains are genocidal despots. Their higher purpose is extermination of someone

krisblaze
It's all good bro, but on Earth most of Marvel villains are genocidal despots. Their higher purpose is extermination of someone

Yeah, that's probably why the x-men get the worst of it.

Let's not forget no more mutants or the literal modern day concentration camps in Neverland.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.