bruce-springsteen-on-donald-trump-he-is-a-threat-to-our-democracy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.nme.com/news/music/bruce-springsteen-on-donald-trump-he-is-a-threat-to-our-democracy-2694486

Bruce doesn't think Trump and Trumpers know what it means to be American.

What a great man Bruce is.

“I believe we may have finally reached a presidential tipping point with that Lafayette Square walk,” Springsteen said, adding that it was “so outrageously anti-American, so totally buffoonish and so stupid, and so anti–freedom of speech. And we have a video of it that will live on forever.

He would have made a great President for the US.

Robtard
Not really a fan of Springstein's music, even though he has a handful of songs I like. But he is dead on correct there.

carthage
Bruce Springsteen hates the U.S.A

Eon Blue

eThneoLgrRnae
Good thing the United States is actually a Republic instead of a democracy then. thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae

Surtur
Not sure why this couldn't have gone into the trump thread, perhaps you need a link:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t613830.html

eThneoLgrRnae
It's because Pooty is an attention whore. That's the reason he feels the need to make several new anti-Trump threads every day. Also, the fact he has TDS plays a role in it as well.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Good thing the United States is actually a Republic instead of a democracy then. thumb up Not this drivel again... oh Trumpers...

eThneoLgrRnae
Constitution: article 4 section 4.

Constitution > your fee fees

The United States is a republic, moron.

Surtur
It's because Pooty is an attention whore. That's the reason he feels the need to make several new anti-Trump threads every day. Also, the fact he has TDS plays a role in it as well.

The more he posts the more I'm convinced that his threats to do violence over being insulted were all talk. The quintessential internet tough guy.

It's funny and bleak all at the same time laughing

Robtard
TIL: Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen triggers Trumpers

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
The more he posts the more I'm convinced that his threats to do violence over being insulted were all talk. The quintessential internet tough guy.

It's funny and bleak all at the same time laughing

Yes, wouldn't surprise me if the old man isn't nearly as tough in real life as he pretends to be.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Robtard
TIL: Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen triggers Trumpers

Nah, his opinion is irrelevant.

Robtard
Nah, his opinion is irrelevant.

Then why are you people flipping out over it.

Old Man Whirly!
Constitution: article 4 section 4.

Constitution > your fee fees

The United States is a republic, moron. its a democratic Republic.Originally posted by Surtur

It's funny and bleak all at the same time laughing sadly you'll probably never find out. But like I say a man who let's another man insult him to his face isn't much of a man. Nor is a man who needs a weapon to protect himself. It is a shame we are so far apart. smile

eThneoLgrRnae
Nope, it's a Constitutional Republic moron, no matter how many times you keep repeating otherwise.

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh, and give the tough guy act a rest. We all know you aren't some big bad ass. You just like to pretend you are.

Old Man Whirly!

Old Man Whirly!
Oh, and give the tough guy act a rest. We all know you aren't some big bad ass. You just like to pretend you are. you'll never know my little faceless troll sadly. It's a shame little one.

Surtur
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
But like I say a man who let's another man insult him to his face isn't much of a man. Nor is a man who needs a weapon to protect himself. It is a shame we are so far apart. smile

A real man could walk away from being insulted without resorting to violence.

Old Man Whirly!
A real man could walk away from being insulted without resorting to violence. Nah, I could never respect a man who doesn't know where the line is with other men.

eThneoLgrRnae
Constitution > Bloomberg

Constitution > you.

The Constitution clearly states we are a republic. So sorry this triggers you so much, but it is factual. The word democracy is nowhere mentioned in the Constitution or any of our other founding documents.

The only time the founders mentioned democracy as a government type is when they were bashing it.

Republic > democracy.

Surtur
Anyways, I can't say I was ever a big fan of his music, but I wouldn't say Bruce Spingsteen hates America.

I think he's just incredibly misguided. So many people have been manipulated by our media when it comes to Trump.

Old Man Whirly!
Constitution > Bloomberg

Constitution > you.

The Constitution clearly states we are a republic. So sorry this triggers you so much, but it is factual. The word democracy is nowhere mentioned in the Constitution or any of our other founding documents. The only time the founders mentioned democracy as a government type is when they were bashing it.

Republic > democracy. nah little one, the terms are interchangeable and in fact were both used in the draught. It's O.K.

Surtur
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Nah, I could never respect a man who doesn't know where the line is with other men.

I understand, you're a narcissist.

Old Man Whirly!
I understand, you're a narcissist. smile

eThneoLgrRnae
No matter what you say, pooty, no matter what BS sources you quote, none of it trumps the Constitution.

Not gonna keep wasting my time replying to your BS when the Constiturion explicitly states we are a Republic. You wanna continue to be ignorant then be my guest.

Old Man Whirly!
No matter what you say, pooty, no matter what BS sources you quote, none of it trumps the Constitution.

Not gonna keep wasting my time replying to your BS when the Constiturion explicitly states we are a Republic. You wanna continue to be ignorant then be my guest. I know, you struggle with the truth. It's O.K. little one.

Robtard
The Constitution establishes a 'federal democratic republic'. Stop being so stupid for once, star.

Surtur
Though I do remember liking one song called "The Rising" I think.

Old Man Whirly!
I've liked loads of his songs, from blinded by the light to thunder Road. He is almost a poet.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Robtard
The Constitution establishes a 'federal democratic republic'. Stop being so stupid for once, star.

Nothing trumps the Constitution (except God, of course).

We are a Constitutional Republic.

So sorry that triggers you, Robbie.

Robtard
So what I said. Did you even read it? "Constitution" is the second word on my post.

eThneoLgrRnae
Anyways, I can't say I was ever a big fan of his music, but I wouldn't say Bruce Spingsteen hates America.

I think he's just incredibly misguided. So many people have been manipulated by our media when it comes to Trump.

He's made several songs I like. "Born in the USA" was probably my favorite among them. Funny thing is, leftists nowadays would probably bash that song for being pro-America.

Now all of a sudden Springsteen is their hero because he agrees with them that "orange man bad!" lol.

Robtard
He's made several songs I like. "Born in the USA" was probably my favorite among them. Funny thing is, leftists nowadays would probably bash that song for being pro-America.

Now all of a sudden Springsteen is their hero because he agrees with them that "orange man bad!" lol. "Born in the USA" is a Vietnam war protest song and protest of how America treats its 'heroes' after the wars are over and the those soldiers come back.

Listen to the lyrics.

BrolyBlack
Whirly comes here because he needs someplace to vent about Trump

Eon Blue

BrolyBlack

Robtard

BrolyBlack

Robtard
Yes, 50% correct. Because we're talking about Bruce Springsteen too and he's the topic of thread.

BrolyBlack
As if that actually matters. But according to special Rules it does.

Are you ever giving up your shtick?

Robtard
If you want to report this thread and ask for it to me merged, I wouldn't care.

BrolyBlack

Robtard
Answered above.

BrolyBlack

Robtard
You should lead by example. Be the change you want to see.

In fact, let's both do it thumb up

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!
I will be continuing to post far less threads than Broly. That is all. smile

Blakemore
lets fuse threads no one cares anyway!

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
lets fuse threads no one cares anyway! shifty i think some care, but sure, I don't and no one should care.

Blakemore
they're stupid. they should go on the corner.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
they're stupid. they should go on the corner. yes, they are and yes, they should laughing out loud expect their triggering to increase exponentially. smile

Artol
Good thing the United States is actually a Republic instead of a democracy then. thumb up

What does that mean exactly?

BrolyBlack

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Artol
What does that mean exactly?

It means just what I said. Do I have to explain the definition of words to you? Look them up in a dictionary if you must.

Artol
It means just what I said. Do I have to explain the definition of words to you? Look them up in a dictionary if you must.

I am aware of (many of the) definitions of both Democracy and Republic. I am wondering what it means to you. To me a Republic and a Democracy are not mutually exclusive. I would say the United States are certainly a Republic, but they are also a Democracy, in the sense of having a, imo flawed, democratic system of determining leadership and justifying hierarchies. But you clearly see this differently, and I have heard right leaning people often say it, so I'd be very interested in what it means to you to be a Republic, but not a Democracy, in terms of the United States.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.