Tyson vs Jones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack

Surtur

Robtard
What made Tyson a force of nature in the ring was his ridiculously explosive speed and power. Most fighters do not have both at those levels. Watch his earlier pro-fights, he's like a machine. I can't see 55 year old Tyson getting that speed back. He'll likely be a slow hard hitting brick like Foreman was at his return.

I'd give this to Jones as Jones had his last fight only a couple years ago and likely has less to improve on than Tyson who hasn't fought in 15+ years.

But I want Tyson to win.

dadudemon

eThneoLgrRnae
Don't know, don't care. Sports are insignificant to me nowadays.

I do remember Tyson as being one bad a** MF'er in the ring though. Few could hold a candle to him.

dadudemon
You have ascended into top level nihilism.

eThneoLgrRnae
LOL.

snowdragon
Roy's probably going to be giving up alot of weight to Tyson, seems like one of those fights where if Tyson can pin him in the early rounds he can get the win, anything past round 4-5 bye bye Tyson unless a lucky shot.

I loved watching these guys fight in their glory days.

As an aside it was hilarious that Michael B. Jordan said he could probably step to Roy after his creed movies......lulz

Robtard
Originally posted by snowdragon
Roy's probably going to be giving up alot of weight to Tyson, seems like one of those fights where if Tyson can pin him in the early rounds he can get the win, anything past round 4-5 bye bye Tyson unless a lucky shot.

I loved watching these guys fight in their glory days.

As an aside it was hilarious that Michael B. Jordan said he could probably step to Roy after his creed movies......lulz

That's like most of Tyson's career. He destroys his opponent early with a flurry of speed and power or he gasses out.

LoL, Jones would demolish the actor.

Old Man Whirly!
hmmmm, I'm not judging till it happens. Problem I have is no matter how good they are people will be comparing them to their former selves. They will be good btw, but they will not be their former selves. Jones was never a natural heavyweight in his prime despite winning a heavyweight title. What he was, is the only fighter to win titles at 4 weights (i think its 4 cant be bothered to check) and one of the most skilled of all time. Tyson was highly skilled, but he was not at that level of skill for his weight, what he had was spectacular speed and power, lateral movement and time. Prime Tyson would beat prime Jones, now both of them will look amazing for their age, it will mean nothing.

Old Man Whirly!
hmmmm, I'm not judging till it happens. Problem I have is no matter how good they are people will be comparing them to their former selves. They will be good btw, but they will not be their former selves. Jones was never a natural heavyweight in his prime despite winning a heavyweight title. What he was, is the only fighter to win titles at 4 weights and one of the most skilled of all time. Tyson was highly skilled, but he was not at that level of skill for his weight, what Tyson had was spectacular speed and power, lateral movement and timing. Prime Tyson would beat prime Jones, now both of them will look amazing for their age, it will mean nothing.

Old Man Whirly!
To add to this, one of my fave all time British Boxers Nigel Benn, talked about a similar exhibition a while back, he released some training footage and his skills and speed looked superb, then he released a press release saying his shoulder had frozen after too much heavy bag training and it wasn't worth pushing his body overly.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Robtard
What made Tyson a force of nature in the ring was his ridiculously explosive speed and power. Most fighters do not have both at those levels. Watch his earlier pro-fights, he's like a machine. I can't see 55 year old Tyson getting that speed back. He'll likely be a slow hard hitting brick like Foreman was at his return.

I'd give this to Jones as Jones had his last fight only a couple years ago and likely has less to improve on than Tyson who hasn't fought in 15+ years.

But I want Tyson to win.

mvwb08rorMg

Robtard
Oh my. Not his 20-something year old self, but color me impressed. Jones better bring it.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
Oh my. Not his 20-something year old self, but color me impressed. Jones better bring it. like i say they will both be great, but not their former selves. I'm still trying to get a copy of Miletich vs Nunn from last week. Middle aged legends fighting seems a new fad.

carthage
If Bane joins the fight he will die

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.