Hi !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

G.P
Well, I'm new here so I want to greet everyone:

HI EVERYONE !...

As you can see on my little biography, I'm french (so I apologize in advance for all the mistakes...) .

Guillaume

Kes

Augeybana
Bienvenidos and have fun posting.

brownie
Howdy G.P.

yerssot
bonjour smile

G.P

yerssot

Kes
Very good yerssot! lol I only understand a bit in reading,a bit more when it's spoken and suck at writing! stick out tongue

G.P
Don't worry, It'll be OK. I'll improve my english.It's important nowadays... smile smile

yerssot
you only fail when you stop trying smile

G.P
I couldn't agree more yes

yerssot
unfortunatly, it's not my quote

G.P
ok, but seeing that you use it to enhance your wisdom (or madness ? stick out tongue ), it's great smile

yerssot
oh! definitly madness wink

Member.
welcome to the forums G.P., hope you pass your high school diploma thingstick out tongue. gl.

Evy_O
Welcome and hi smile
The only phrases I know in French are (NO SPELLING!):
Je m'appelle Estelle (my RL name)
Je sui nourvouz (I'm nervous)
Je ne veux pas travallier (from the song) (I don't wanna work)
Oui
Bonjour

G.P
Thanks. These sentences are absolutely right smile , except 'I'm nervous ' => Je suis nerveuse
As you said, the spelling doesn't matter...wink I'm really impressed (I couldn't say the same in greek, for example). I only "speak" french & english and "understand" german & italian

The most amazing thing with the song which includes the lyrics "Je ne veux pas travailler..." is that the band isn't even french.

I think I can't realize but it seems that french is a not so easy language to learn...

Thanks everyone for your welcoming me kindly ! smile

yerssot
the problem is with the gender of the words: le and la I think

G.P
To determine the gender ?

yerssot
and to remember it later on wink

G.P
Don't worry...There are still buds of mine who make gender mistakes (after 14 years of learning-The shame of it !)

There are even, Yerssot, words that have a different gender depending on whether they are singular or not.

Ex: Amour (love) => masculine & singular
Amours => feminine & plural
wink stick out tongue

yerssot
then we haven't even started talking about the adjectives wink

G.P
Yeah but it's like german, you know, when you have understnd the gender, the number and how do substantives work, the adjectives are a piece of cake...well, ok, let's just slightly easier wink cool

yerssot
ah, but I can't speak german well either stick out tongue

princess leia
german is hard. french is hard. why arent all languages simple...like english sad

Kes
All latin (i think thats how it said in english) laguages are difficult to learn.smile To many variables in the verbs, genders , words that are writen the same way but pronounced differently mean many different things! lol the lits goes on. wink

yerssot
oh, but english is easy ... for brits stick out tongue

I have the problem that my language has pieces of french and english in it, so you think ... hmm, should be the same word in french: NOPE! is not!

Kes
lol English is easy yers! stick out tongue Its very simple! wink The same thing happens to me in spanish, its like same words are so similar that you assume others are 2! Well nope! Same goes for italian! stick out tongue

Fire
lol well the easiest language I know is ancient japanese

yerssot
so, we all agree that every language is difficult?

Kes
I think portuguese is easy! started speaking without going to school!!! big grin

yerssot
the basics then stick out tongue

Kes
lol i conjugated (sp) verbs! before starting school!stick out tongue

G.P
You just have to get the knack... When you learn 2 or 3 different languages, learn other become easier (I studied latin too)
Obviously I hope I won't have to learn a dozen languages...

What makes all languages difficult is the fact that they reflect people's mind. (So when you look at some languages, you may think that this is a nation of fools...maybe I am wink big grin Happy Dance )

yerssot
the more you learn the more annoying it gets wink

Kes
lol had to learn french, english and german in school and engish was the easiest. german was cool but since i dont really see any german movies and dont use the language i kinda forgot about it. And ,no offence G.P., but never liked french. english is easier because of the movies. it helps. i knew english way before i started learning in school.

yerssot
if you watch french movies all the time, french is easier, you're right on that one kes smile

Kes
I watch tv series in french sometimes but i'm not learning it anymore. Havent been for 4years! Thats why i say i understand it ok. dont speak it very well because i dont like making the accent.

yerssot
accent? which accent? stick out tongue

Kes
french accent. pronounce the words like they do. funny i can tell the difference, no matter how good the accent is, from the portuguese and other forgneirs (sp),lets say, speaking english for exemple. its very distinct (sp).stick out tongue

G.P
Don't worry , I'm broad minded

He's right. Yesterday evening I watched two french movies while I was reading the thread named "Crushes". wink I've easily understood big grin

Kes, Maybe if you wasn't obliged to learn french or if you had a crush with a french guy (who knows ?), you may have liked it... (Same thing could be told about every other language...)

yerssot
doubt you can have a crush on a british guy wink

G.P
I've always wondered how the foreigners considered the french accent ... embarrasment

G.P
wink
It must be awful !*frightened* what tv series ?

Kes
Very snob! lol just kiding. yeh maybe if i didn't have to leearn it, or if my teachers hadn't been so lame!

Kes
Their not french. Its m6, the channel, you guys should use subtitles! basacly the x-files! i'm such a fan i even watch it in french! lol

Kes
i like brits! wink i think the english language is best in its natural form! just like portuguese from portugal is better than from brazil!

yerssot
kes said that, not me smile

Kes
what did i say?

yerssot
watching/watched french series

Kes
well american series with french actors doing the voices! I used to watch an german series actually i think its from austria, Rex! a police dog. i think that was is name.

G.P
Sorry, yerssot, it's a quoting lapse embarrasment wink

Kes, the foreign TV series subtitled are rather rare, nowadays...
You can only find them on the cable/satellite networks.

One of my buds recently told me that in France, we've got one of the best system of french-acctors-doing-the-voices. I don't know if it can reassure you ... confused

Kes
lol yeh all over europe that is done! i think people are just to lazy to read the subtitles! but yeh french aren't that bad! just lame to see it like that. they tried that here, the station got trashed by the public. the problem is the jokes. you have to change them and well thats lame!big grin

G.P
That's what makes you very brave (to watch tv series in french ) on M6 (and I'm not kidding) smile

Kes
lol not brave! an x-files fanatic! the funny thing is i got the episodes on tape messed wacko

yerssot
yes, there's a serie named Rex smile
we always subtitle things here smile

Kes
I think thats the way it should be done. I think people shouldn't mass with the original! stick out tongue

yerssot
yeah, a lot of jokes get lost otherwise
I never read the subtitles, I just hear what they say, much better smile

Kes
me to!

G.P
...But on some other channels we can choose whether we want to watch it in french, subtitled, or in the original language...That's pretty cool smile

yerssot
which channels are that?

G.P

yerssot
lucky you sad

lots of channels in france?

Kes
How many channels do you get yers?

yerssot
have no idea! our tv can get 35, but we have more channels though, so haen't counted them

G.P
In the noos network you can choose the channels you want, I 've 45 (including 12 international channels & some useless ones). But there are 108 channels among which you can choose (including packs of 4,5,or 6 cinema channels)

yerssot
are the cinema channels any good?

G.P
Yeah, it's alright

Kes
My cable gets like 50! Blah! It does have a really good movie channel. I mean recent movies though they repeated quite a bit!

princess leia
english is my first language. what is french for ... hmm then? see, its unnecessary.

with foxtel you get about 5 or 6 movie channels,3 music channels, a few cartoons and a few doco channels. something likr 4 sports channels, a few pay per view...

Corran

G.P
I'm glad to see that many people here understand french ( and use it a little wink ) I want especially to thank all of you, who have made an effort to speak some sentences in french, although it is not their mother tongue...
Hello Corran, and thank you ! smile

yerssot
woohoo! that would be (I hope) too! wink

Evy_O
Kinda late to comment on that... embarrasment but:
They are right? Really? Woha, I typed the spelling in random!
The same in Greek, hmm, "My name is Stella" is "To onoma mou ine Stella" or "Me lene Stella". See, now you know something wink

It isn't French? Really? eek!

No, it is an easy language to learn. Easier than German, at least messed

yerssot
stella artois? big grin

Kes

G.P
Stella Artois ????

blink huh erm

What ? beer

Kes

G.P
Merveilleusement. (Marvellously)

Kes, I wanna really thank you for your warm welcome and your wonderful efforts to speak my own language. smile

Ps: that makes sense!

yerssot
beer!!!

G.P
Yeah, I understood, but i mean why is this beer here ?

yerssot
because it gets into everything?

G.P
smile

Kes

yerssot
almost kes wink

G.P
Moi aussi

Here comes the sad moment sad : as I told you at the beginning of the post, I have an exam coming (Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday), so I have to work on it a little.
*sad*I'll be back on wednesday... sad sad sad I'll miss you all

See you soon !

Guillaume

yerssot
hey! I have exams too, but I'm still here!

Kes
Oh gonna miss you G.P. Hey dont listen to yers is a bad influence!
Did I actually get any of that right?

yerssot

Kes
Oh ok. It is a mistake. It changes the pronounciation of the word. But if it's just that it wasn't so bad! stick out tongue

Evy_O
Cool, all prefer Stella Artois! Keep up the advertising big grin

yerssot
"My home is where my stella is"

Corran
Your home is where your Stella ios brewed.

yerssot
that's another way to put it stick out tongue

they actually say it in italian, but I'm not sure about the writing

Kes

Clovie
frenchie eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.