What other types of arc power are there?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Our basic elemental power is solar and arc which can consist of lighting/electricity.

What other types of power do we have access to?

Artol
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Our basic elemental power is solar and arc which can consist of lighting/electricity.

What other types of power do we have access to?

For renewable energy, we have hydropower, wind, geothermal and biomass, among other things.

And for relatively "clean" energy we have nuclear, and possibly fusion in the future.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Artol
For renewable energy, we have hydropower, wind, geothermal and biomass, among other things.

And for relatively "clean" energy we have nuclear, and possibly fusion in the future. good post thumb up

Old Man Whirly!

And for relatively "clean" energy we have nuclear, and possibly fusion in the future. There's loads really from thermal taps and geothermal at one extreme end to the at present untapped and untapable power of plate movement itself, the best we can do for harnessing the effects of gravity on the planet at present in tidal and using the planets own gravity, geothermal. Solar can be harnessed in so many ways, small scale heating water and photon induced PD to large scale solar furnaces. Then you have a ton of other types involved in greeting steam to turn turbines and the use of gravity to turn turbines. Hydrogen fuel cells, nuclear fission even possibly fusion, both of which really just produce steam for turbines too. Etc. Etc.

Old Man Whirly!
I actually meant hydroelectric for the above harnessing of gravity. I'd already defined geothermal.

dadudemon
Really like the idea of making thorium reactors a thing.

PBS made a great video on Thorium (legit pros and cons):

ElulEJruhRQ

Jaden also has some great knowledge on Thorium but it might be beyond the scope of most of us plebeians.

Old Man Whirly!
The majority of the Earths natural non kinetic energy is stored as Thorium. It's still just another way to heat a jet of water and turn a turbine.

Blakemore
that sounds cool

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
that sounds cool yeah, it's just fission producing heat at the end of the day.

Blakemore
well, can it be used for radiators?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
well, can it be used for radiators? haha nooooo. smile

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I actually meant hydroelectric for the above harnessing of gravity. I'd already defined geothermal.

This is still electric meaning arc

What other power is there other than using a source to generate a arc form of power

BrolyBlack

And for relatively "clean" energy we have nuclear, and possibly fusion in the future.

All of this still ultimately generates an arc form of power.

Even solar eventually does.

Any other forums?

Blakemore
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
haha nooooo. smile awww damn

Old Man Whirly!
This is still electric meaning arc

What other power is there other than using a source to generate a arc form of power fission, fusion, gravictic can produce an arc, they can also just produce heat or sound and movement. E.g a Hydrogen bomb. Energy is interchangeable. I mean you combine an acid and a base and a byproduct is always heat, it's why it's exothermic.

Wonder Man
Like every letter in the elemental table.

Blakemore
whirly knows chemistry!

BrolyBlack

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by dadudemon
Really like the idea of making thorium reactors a thing.

PBS made a great video on Thorium (legit pros and cons):

ElulEJruhRQ

Jaden also has some great knowledge on Thorium but it might be beyond the scope of most of us plebeians.

Just look up Kirk Sorensen and Flibe Energy.

Old Man Whirly!

BrolyBlack
Geothermal cooled Solar Panels is a perfect form of energy. I am working on that project as we speak

Old Man Whirly!
Geothermal cooled Solar Panels is a perfect form of energy. I am working on that project as we speak imteresting, just googled it, simple and efficient. Good stuff thumb up

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Just look up Kirk Sorensen and Flibe Energy.

Saw his 2011 presentation, years ago (on YouTube).

He has the LFTR stuff and got funding, too. They are going to town. Looks like this is going to be a thing.

E6xu4QhMkD8

Surtur
Can't help noticing nobody mentioned the power of heart.

F*ck you guys.

BrolyBlack

BackFire
Power is when you have every justification to kill and you do not. That is power, Amon. That is power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.