Godzilla vs Kong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx
Discuss

dynamix
whats the status of this? i know it was supposed to come out this year before covid happened.

xPRIMEx
It got delayed, supposed to be released May 2021 now

riv6672
Good discussion.

ShadowFyre
There was a thread for this. Did you just learn about Godzilla prime? You have been discussing him a lot. You should make a Toho Kingdom account though the Godzilla fanbase is a little more toxic than the general movie or comicbook audience lol.

But here is the latest rumor: that they used the remaining head of Ghidorah to make a brain for mechagodzilla and that he regenerates inside of MG creating Mecha King Ghidorah!

Sounds horrible and it's just a rumor based off of a Mecha King Ghidorah toy that Walmart has under Godzilla vs. Kong. No pics

Hopefully not. A movie titled Godzilla vs. Kong shouldn't have 30 endbosses but BVS exists

riv6672
That -does- sound pretty horrible.

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

BruceSkywalker
they will barely fight for ten minutes.. questions is which is the better 5 minute fight,, bruce against kal or godzilla v kong

ShadowFyre
Hopefully G vs K because BVS was trash. I don't even comprehend how you go from making one of my top 5 hero movies to wtf ever bvs was.

ShadowFyre
https://old.reddit.com/r/Monsterverse/comments/i569sg/big_time_potential_spoilers_gvk_4chantoho_kingdom/

Now this leak sounds bad ****ing ass.

Warning: could be a legit leak, could be trash.

xPRIMEx
Sounds good to me

ShadowFyre
New leak, completely legit but the link was taken down, that's how I know it's legit.

Godzilla,King Ghidorah, Kong and Mecha Godzilla all team up to fight...Mecha Bobby Brown. After so much exposure to the Titans Millie grows to 600 feet tall and gets robot hands and shoots plasma beams out of her mouth. And her nose bleeds acid.

ShadowFyre
Trailer tomorrow

-Pr-
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
New leak, completely legit but the link was taken down, that's how I know it's legit.

Godzilla,King Ghidorah, Kong and Mecha Godzilla all team up to fight...Mecha Bobby Brown. After so much exposure to the Titans Millie grows to 600 feet tall and gets robot hands and shoots plasma beams out of her mouth. And her nose bleeds acid.

Maybe I'm showing my age, but when you said "Mecha Bobby Brown" I pictured something very different.

Arachnid1
Godzilla is going to rock the living hell out of Kong. He's already taken on forces of nature like King Ghidorah. What is Kong going to do against that?

Nemesis X
I'm sure a few of the scrap fights will be entertaining but I'm not gonna hold my breath that Godzilla will beat Kong nor vice versa. Calling it: a third monster will join the fray and the two will have to team up on it and they go their separate ways after to make more movies beyond this one with the totally non-misleading title.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm sure a few of the scrap fights will be entertaining but I'm not gonna hold my breath that Godzilla will beat Kong nor vice versa. Calling it: a third monster will join the fray and the two will have to team up on it and they go their separate ways after to make more movies beyond this one with the totally non-misleading title. Those of who have seen the prescreening claimed there is a clear and decisive winner between the two.

Also, the rights to Godzilla revert back to Toho after this movie, so I wouldn't hold my breath for sequel bait. Personally, I'm hoping for a brutal death for one of them. The loser needs to be reduced to a single head like Ghidorah or something.

ares834
Godzilla should kick Kong's ass, but I fully expect some horsehit allowing Kong to pull off the major upset.

ShadowFyre
https://youtu.be/odM92ap8_c0

riv6672
Oh. Shit.

xPRIMEx

playa1258
I like that they went out of their way to show Godzilla taking hits and finally Godzilla vs the military.

ShadowFyre
I like him being the "bad" guy.

Even if he did win it would be due to a mind altered Godzilla and an ax made out of Godzilla lol.

I dont think he wins the fight but he might still end up a King

xPRIMEx
You mean if Kong wins?

xPRIMEx
Also Godzilla looks small on the ship

Estacado
That chick is already is annoying As phuck...

steverules_2

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Also Godzilla looks small on the ship

Oil tankers and carriers are like 1k feet long. And his general outline make him look ser than Kong because kong has a massive head and chest

Old Man Whirly!
I love how Kong tanks Godzilla's Kamahamaha wave and hurls it back at him in mid air.

BruceSkywalker
As long as they fight for more than 5 minutes.. hopefully neither one says save mothra.. great to see mechagodzilla

Estacado
So apparently Kong made an axe out of Godzilla's scale thats why the atomic breathe doesnt effect him but charges his weapon at the end of the trailer....haermm

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Estacado
So apparently Kong made an axe out of Godzilla's scale thats why the atomic breathe doesnt effect him but charges his weapon at the end of the trailer....haermm Primates do use tools, my guess though is the Axe was made for him by the people of Skull Island as he has it in the cave paintings.

Bentley
It seems this will be a better Thor vs Hulk movie than the movie that actually features Thor fighting the Hulk

jaden_2.0
Can't make up my mind on this. The fights look a lot better than the 2 Godzilla movies. Much easier to see what's going on. Looks like the night fights from Pacific Rim. I don't know why they're finding it so difficult to have good human characters in the Godzilla films. Skull Island managed it. Some good cast additions though. Lance Reddick, Danai Gurira and Alex Skargard are all decent and Eiza Gonzalez is an absolute babe. Finger's crossed.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Can't make up my mind on this. The fights look a lot better than the 2 Godzilla movies. Much easier to see what's going on. Looks like the night fights from Pacific Rim. I don't know why they're finding it so difficult to have good human characters in the Godzilla films. Skull Island managed it. Some good cast additions though. Lance Reddick, Danai Gurira and Alex Skargard are all decent and Eiza Gonzalez is an absolute babe. Finger's crossed. Skarsgard strips to his pants and communicates with Kong in Ape?

Khazra Reborn

DeadpoolXXX
will probably end in a stalemate tbh

tkitna
So they made Godzilla smaller.

xPRIMEx
I think they just made Kong bigger but it makes Godzilla look smaller

riv6672

ShadowFyre
The 2014 movie was not to scale in some shots.ike next to the ships and Golden gate bridge.

The cgi on Kong is fantastic and you can feel the scale when Godzilla comes on the ship.

TheVaultDweller
How much he grew is kinda silly though IMO. He seems to have more than tripled in height. But hey, at that scale, assuming he has the proportional strength of an actual gorilla, he's quite possibly physically stronger than Godzilla. To get somewhat of a scale comparison, look at 0:44 odd in the trailer and then look at this:

https://static2.cbrimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/king-kong-skull-island-brie-larson.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=960&h=500

And yeah, I know it's a little kid vs an adult woman, but you can still see that the size increase is massive, regardless.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
As long as they fight for more than 5 minutes.. hopefully neither one says save mothra.. great to see mechagodzilla

my guess is Mechagodzilla malfunctions.

ShadowFyre
Well, they are using Ghidorahs head to run it supposedly.

"What should we use for the AI on our giant killer robot?"

"The giant golden 3 headed space dragon that tried to kill everything literally seconds after it woke up for no reason "

Kazenji

"The giant golden 3 headed space dragon that tried to kill everything literally seconds after it woke up for no reason "

Not just that

Mechagodzilla was a villain in it's first movie too.

TheVaultDweller

It's like in the one Transformers movie where they try to recreate Optimus but use Megatron's template and can't figure out why the end result keeps looking like Megatron lol.

riv6672
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's like in the one Transformers movie where they try to recreate Optimus but use Megatron's template and can't figure out why the end result keeps looking like Megatron lol.
Oh man I remember laughing my ASS off at that.
I had to stand and lean against the wall for the rest of the movie.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by riv6672
Oh man I remember laughing my ASS off at that.
I had to stand and lean against the wall for the rest of the movie.

Yeah, it was legitimately facepalm-worthy even compared to the rather low general intelligence bar set by the characters in the Transformers franchise.

ShadowFyre
People give them a lot of hate. But I really enjoyed the first 2 transformers and both ninja turtles

Estacado
The first 2 were good anything after was just awful especially the last 2.

Robtard
This will be cheesy, the whole Kong and little girl connection will be immensely stupid, but I'm looking forward to it. Seeing Kong hit Godzilla with a jumping right cross made by inner 10yo self squeal.

Wonder what the angle will be as to why Godzilla is now attacking humanity instead of protecting. I also expect that this will not last the whole film, he'll go back to normal and team up with Kong to fight the true villain.

KingD19
I think the little girl who is Kong's "anchor" might be a nod to the twins who could control Mothra by singing to her back in the OG Showa films. And most people agree that there's something shady going on. Godzilla is being manipulated or there's a misunderstanding that he and Kong are too angry to work out until Mecha Godzilla or Mecha Ghidorah show up.

Insane Titan
So kong just blocks atomic breath with a axe he made! Wtf is that shit.

KingD19
Originally posted by Insane Titan
So kong just blocks atomic breath with a axe he made! Wtf is that shit.

The axe is made of Zilla's back plate, which is why it glowed just like his spines when he sends his fire through them and why it exploded when Kong hit Big G with it.

Darth Thor
People give them a lot of hate. But I really enjoyed the first 2 transformers and both ninja turtles

Just the first one and Bumblebee were good for me. But those two were really good.

Liked Ninja Turtles, but not seen the supposedly sucky sequel.

Ridley_Prime
^ You didnt miss much there. Krang was alright, but they surprisingly did Shredder even worse than the first one. The rest was just cringe fluff like how Bebop and Rocksteady were portrayed.

But yeah, this looks fun.

Insane Titan

xPRIMEx

Quincy
Shit just looks dope and fun as hell

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
my guess is Mechagodzilla malfunctions.

possible but i bet that mechagodzilla is the actual bad guy

Surtur

If I die in some freak accident before this movie is released I'm gonna be pissed off.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
I think the little girl who is Kong's "anchor" might be a nod to the twins who could control Mothra by singing to her back in the OG Showa films. And most people agree that there's something shady going on. Godzilla is being manipulated or there's a misunderstanding that he and Kong are too angry to work out until Mecha Godzilla or Mecha Ghidorah show up.

The Kong-girl bond is going to be stupid, there's really no way to not make that plot angle stupid. When they touched fingers to bond, I laughed.

I'm guessing some sort of control. We've already seen that with the "Orca" device in the last film, no reason they couldn't expand on that. Alan Jonah and his group are still out there, they could be the culprits.

ares834
The Kong girl is a miko. Anyway I expect their bond is a natural bond they developed over time on the island and not some mystical one from touching fingers.

As for Godzilla rampaging. I fully expect mechagodzilla is the one initially behind the attacks which pisses off the real Godzilla. I very much doubt he is under control.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Just the first one and Bumblebee were good for me. But those two were really good.

Same here, For those two

i hope we eventually get more Transformers live action movies of Bumblebee's quality. but i doubt it.

Kazenji
Gamera possibly gonna appear? -

https://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/is-ufo-the-godzilla-vs-kong-trailer-gamera

ShadowFyre
No IT, it's literally a prior Godzillas dorsal plate shoved through the femur of a dead godzilla. Thats why the ray follows the axe head up so far its touching the roof of godzillas mouth. The plate actively draws and absorbs all radiation. And no, kong didn't make it.

Thats not ****ing Gamera. They are such clickbaiters. Its some kind of shipnthey made for hollow earth.

Nemesis X
possible but i bet that mechagodzilla is the actual bad guy

My guess is Mechagodzilla being the first line of defense and Kong is the last resort.

TheVaultDweller
Some of the reactions to this trailer are stupid. People crying about Kong supposedly beating up Godzilla and acting as if the trailer is the actual entire film and Kong wins when it's likely just a marketing ploy. Chances are the next trailer does the opposite and shows Godzilla as the one getting the better of things.

ares834
We'll see. I expect they made the trailer favor Kong simply because everyone assumes Godzilla will win.

The song choice was absolute ass though.

Kazenji

Thats not ****ing Gamera. They are such clickbaiters. Its some kind of shipnthey made for hollow earth.

That's why it's a question from that site, dumbass.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Kazenji
That's why it's a question from that site, dumbass. [/QUOTE

Why are you calling me a dumbass? I wasnt cussing at you, I just know 100% absolutely for a fact that the people on that site know damn good and well its not Gamera but they put stuff like that anyway. I hate that stuff. Not sure why you took that as a personal insult.

So apparently this trailer is WBs biggest opening trailer ever. Considering these are two of the longest running movie franchises/characters to ever exist and Godzilla has 30 plus movies and Kong being around a hundred years old (real life time)and people are still spending 200 million dollars on making movies about them thats a pretty big success in itself.

Robtard
Kong did win the original mashup in the 60's, even though it was ambiguous.

I'm still going with Kong kicking ass for a bit, then Godzilla kicking ass for a bit and leaving it ambiguous (with a possible slight edge to Kong), until they team up to take on the real villain(s).

TheVaultDweller
Well, dunno if it will be the main villain, but if you watch 00:03-00:04 closely it looks like Mechagodzilla is rampaging about a city. You can see a metallic Godzilla-shaped head and glowing red chest while the people flee.

Inhuman
Last movie Godzilla survived being dropped from the stratosphere, have a nuke blown up in his face, and fought a 3 headed space dragon that shoots lightning and that was bigger than himself.

And a big money with a stick should have a chance?
There is absolutely nothing that Kong should be able to do to cause substantial damage to Godzilla.
But of coarse they have to shrink Godzilla and make Kong bigger, as well as add the plot device Axe made of Godzillas fin to make it seem like a good fight.

Stupid.

But if leaks are correct, things are not what they seem.

Robtard
Well, dunno if it will be the main villain, but if you watch 00:03-00:04 closely it looks like Mechagodzilla is rampaging about a city. You can see a metallic Godzilla-shaped head and glowing red chest while the people flee.

It does look like Mechagodzilla.

https://i.imgur.com/NUaW9cs.png

Could be a ship though.

steverules_2

Inhuman
Still from the trailer

https://i.ibb.co/C9rgvkR/1611510369235.png

From previous movie.

https://i.ibb.co/PZ1Ntz7/Ed-ZLJn-FWAAMzs72.jpg

Now Godzilla can easily fit and stand on an aircraft carrier.

TheVaultDweller
Not all aircraft carriers are the same size though. A Nimitz-class carrier, for example, can be over 1,000 feet in length IIRC.

Inhuman
Regardless, Kong growing almost 4X the size he was on Skull island and Godzilla appearing to be smaller than he was in the previous 2 films is expected to be ignored or have a pass for the sake of having a good 1v1 fight i guess.
Still dumb though. Still going to watch the movie. I hope the filler human plot(s) don't get too much in the way of the monster fights.

TheVaultDweller
I do agree the Kong getting so much larger thing is silly, as it actually creates somewhat of an inconsistency with Skull Island. How did the Skull Crawlers wipe out all the adult giant apes if what is apparently toddler Kong, going by his full grown size, took out the big one solo?

Inhuman
If they go with the silly radiation explanation. Its still nonsense because then all of the monsters on Skull Island (including Kong's relatives) would have grown the same way.

Robtard
Do you know for sure that Godzilla's been sized down?

Cos that ship carrying him could be some fictional super-ship created specifically to carry the titans.

Inhuman
well the Godzilla sized down thing is probably just my perception from the trailers. Could be that he is the same size as the previous movie.
Still the Kong being 4X the size as Skull Island version is silly , no matter how they explain it.

BruceSkywalker
https://i.postimg.cc/Wb5yPnGX/142797931-1410274032645371-2960393827856819126-n.jpg

ShadowFyre
Godzilla is not smaller. In 2014 Gareth Edwards admitted to having the scale off.

Godzilla is 393 feet tall and just under a 1000 feet long.
Most carriers are around that length as well.

Kong grew that big because he is the last of his kind. His parents topped out at 200 feet because there was hundreds of them..

Also Kong has been able to go to hollow earth because Ramarak was killed allowing him to absorb much stronger radiation than he could previously

The comic should examine it in more detail Im sure if they don't outright say something in the movie.

The carriers do sink because of the fight, we just dont see it because those are two different parts of the fight and Kong jumps from sbip to ship. Notice how he in chains when Godzilla bumps the carrier and not when he cli.bs on the next one

Inhuman
https://i.ibb.co/kDgFKLp/1611555898598.jpg..........https://i.ibb.co/tQVvBCz/1611610024938.jpg

steverules_2

Robtard
Stevie just wants to see naked sweaty monkey ass

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx
Also Godzilla is the same size (maybe even bigger?), Kong just tripled in size.

BruceSkywalker
this film has BVS written all over it

playa1258
Godzilla is the same size Kong just hit some serious roids.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Inhuman
Last movie Godzilla survived being dropped from the stratosphere, have a nuke blown up in his face, and fought a 3 headed space dragon that shoots lightning and that was bigger than himself.

And a big money with a stick should have a chance?
There is absolutely nothing that Kong should be able to do to cause substantial damage to Godzilla.
But of coarse they have to shrink Godzilla and make Kong bigger, as well as add the plot device Axe made of Godzillas fin to make it seem like a good fight.

Stupid.

But if leaks are correct, things are not what they seem. I love all the whiny little bitches like you who are so butthurt their heckin' good lizard boy was btfo in the trailers. laughing out loud

I hope Kong phucking destroys Godzilla just to see all of the sensitive Godzilla fans cry about it for months.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Robtard
Do you know for sure that Godzilla's been sized down?

Cos that ship carrying him could be some fictional super-ship created specifically to carry the titans.

This is a fair point. I mean if they're building things like Mechagodzilla it's perfectly plausible that they've also been up-scaling their more conventional stuff in an attempt to help counteract the titan threat.

steverules_2

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx
Kong will get his ass beat and the King stays King.

NemeBro

Inhuman
Originally posted by NemeBro
I love all the whiny little bitches like you who are so butthurt their heckin' good lizard boy was btfo in the trailers. laughing out loud

I hope Kong phucking destroys Godzilla just to see all of the sensitive Godzilla fans cry about it for months.

lol , here comes the resident contrarian nerd with his generic edgelord reply.
Good to see Neme still faggin' it up. thumb up

Also that is Mecha G. That's why in the trailer they say Godzilla isnt acting like himself.
Dont really care who wins tbh, but all the ass pulls they are doing to give Kong a shot is ****ing dumb.

Incel Kong vs. Chadzilla

https://i.ibb.co/SdMDqSh/1611519622926.jpg

NemeBro

Dont really care who wins tbh

https://media.giphy.com/media/1AIeYgwnqeBUxh6juu/giphy.gif

Stay salty my friends. thumb up

cdtm

Liked Ninja Turtles, but not seen the supposedly sucky sequel.

Bumblebee doesn't count.

Too had there probably won't be a sequel, because of COURSE the good one is a one off while the Bay abominations kept getting sequels.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
Bumblebee doesn't count.

Too had there probably won't be a sequel, because of COURSE the good one is a one off while the Bay abominations kept getting sequels.

Regardless of what you say, Bumblebee is part of the live action franchise.

Impediment

Robtard

https://i.ibb.co/SdMDqSh/1611519622926.jpg

The one on the far right looks fit and the one on the far left looks like she's got kinda a phat ass. Nice.

KingD19
this film has BVS written all over it

You mean how a relatively normal guy in comparison to a walking God has to use tools and trickery to even the odds and make it seem like he actually has a chance? Then they're forced to put their beef aside and team up to fight the unseen monstrosity that threatens everything? And its made clear during the team up that the God character is indeed superior?? Sounds about right.

BruceSkywalker
You mean how a relatively normal guy in comparison to a walking God has to use tools and trickery to even the odds and make it seem like he actually has a chance? Then they're forced to put their beef aside and team up to fight the unseen monstrosity that threatens everything? And its made clear during the team up that the God character is indeed superior?? Sounds about right.

yeah lol

xPRIMEx
thumb up

Kazenji
Well...yeah, The clues are all there for Mechagodzilla.

Patient_Leech
odM92ap8_c0

(fixed)

It's looks a little more "Godzilla: Kind of the Monsters" than "Kong: Skull Island" which is disappointing to me. I didn't like "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" very much and I really liked "Skull Island." But I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully it'll still be good.

Khazra Reborn

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
(fixed)

It's looks a little more "Godzilla: Kind of the Monsters" than "Kong: Skull Island" which is disappointing to me. I didn't like "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" very much and I really liked "Skull Island." But I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully it'll still be good.

Thank you. How do I do that? I just copy and paste the link.

Patient_Leech
Thank you. How do I do that? I just copy and paste the link.

It's a little more complicated than that.

odM92ap8_c0

^ just the part of the url after the equal sign (=).

And of course don't do the spaces. I just did that so it would show up for you.

xPRIMEx

ShadowFyre
This trailer is absolutely decimating the rest of WB property with more views in a day than Batman has had in 5 months and twice as many as Dune. You can tell people are eager to see some action movies. Sucks ww sucked so bad

Newjak
I'm actually thinking about renting out a theater with friends to go see this on the big screen.

Darth Thor
This trailer is absolutely decimating the rest of WB property with more views in a day than Batman has had in 5 months and twice as many as Dune. You can tell people are eager to see some action movies. Sucks ww sucked so bad

Too bad theyre releasing it at a time theatres are mostly still closed.

Originally posted by Newjak
I'm actually thinking about renting out a theater with friends to go see this on the big screen.

Cool idea.

Old Man Whirly!
When is the release date?

xPRIMEx
March 31

Newjak
Too bad theyre releasing it at a time theatres are mostly still closed.

Cool idea. Yeah I think a couple of the big movie chains like AMC have been letting you do it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah I think a couple of the big movie chains like AMC have been letting you do it.

Makes sense. A way for them to make something.

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
March 31

2 months? Well If Vaccine roll out goes well, then there may be more theatres open by then.

playa1258

If cinemas where running normal I think would do over $800 million at the box office. They hype is there and according to ViewerAnon its the best Monsterverse film so far.

BruceSkywalker

well not really.. trailer views are often overrated. wait until the film is available to watch to actually gauge if its good or bad.. a lot of people don't like these films.. also lets truly hope this isn't a bvs clone and we all know how that fared.

Patient_Leech
well not really.. trailer views are often overrated. wait until the film is available to watch to actually gauge if its good or bad.. a lot of people don't like these films.. also lets truly hope this isn't a bvs clone and we all know how that fared.

True, even I liked some of the BvS trailers. It looked sort of cool at the time. Suicide Squad had some of the best trailers, and it sucked massive balls, too.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
True, even I liked some of the BvS trailers. It looked sort of cool at the time. Suicide Squad had some of the best trailers, and it sucked massive balls, too.

yep also the iron man 2 and 3 trailers were pretty good , yet both those films are crap.

ShadowFyre
As long as the fights and cgi are true to what the trailer represented and the story isn't retarded, it will do well.

This movie has already made 50 million profit before its release. A flop isn't even possible right now

Galan007
Kong and Godzilla will likely stalemate(with perhaps a slight edge to one of them.)

Then they will team-up against MechaGodzilla. thumb up

juggernaut74
I have HBO Max but I'm thinking a movie like this should be seen on a big screen.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I have HBO Max but I'm thinking a movie like this should be seen on a big screen.

Theatres might be open (or some of them at least) by April.

This movie has already made 50 million profit before its release.

How is that?

BruceSkywalker
As long as the fights and cgi are true to what the trailer represented and the story isn't retarded, it will do well.

This movie has already made 50 million profit before its release. A flop isn't even possible right now

huh the film isn't released until march

ShadowFyre
Legendary got 250 million from WB to release it on HBO max. The movie only cost 160 and prob another 40 million for advertisement etc and yeah.

BruceSkywalker
Legendary got 250 million from WB to release it on HBO max. The movie only cost 160 and prob another 40 million for advertisement etc and yeah.

is this speculation or actual facts. post the link to where you got this from

Mindship

Impediment
Did Godzilla shrink or did Kong grow?

Someone explain this to me.

KingD19
Originally posted by Impediment

Kong was described as an adolescent/teenager during the events of Skull Island, which took place during the Vietnam War(1973). He continued to grow in the decades between then and present day. The size we see him at now was presumably what he reached before Ghidorah showed up, but as Kong is also an Alpha, he ignored the call to arms and stayed on the island during King of the Monsters.

So the answer is definitely Kong grew, but by how much isn't known. And its possible they shrunk Big G by some amount too.

jaden_2.0

Don't you worry about things like continuity.

I'm sure they'll have put literally minutes of thought into exposition dialogue explaining away the massively retarded contradictions that will inevitably be in abundance in this movie.

BruceSkywalker

well kong was a baby in his own film, t'was said he would grow , oh and torrent the film , don;t spend any money lol

playa1258
It's Ok Disneywalker we all know you only have money when you run your lemonade stand in front of Disney Headquarters.

cdtm
Kong only really won by plot device in the last movie. Electricity made him stronger, and Godzilla weaker.

Considering neither have ever been affected like that before or since, I'm inclined to rule out the old movie for Out of Universe reasons.

The same reason Injustice Superman vs Wonder Woman don't count to mainstream.

Because lets be fair, Kong didn't tank a red spiral beam from Godzilla. The creature we called Godzilla there, was not any of the versions seen in the main line, he was something unique to the crossover.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by cdtm
Kong only really won by plot device in the last movie. Electricity made him stronger, and Godzilla weaker.

Considering neither have ever been affected like that before or since, I'm inclined to rule out the old movie for Out of Universe reasons.

The same reason Injustice Superman vs Wonder Woman don't count to mainstream.

Because lets be fair, Kong didn't tank a red spiral beam from Godzilla. The creature we called Godzilla there, was not any of the versions seen in the main line, he was something unique to the crossover.

thumb up

Originally posted by playa1258
It's Ok Disneywalker we all know you only have money when you run your lemonade stand in front of Disney Headquarters.

ask Imp or better yet Bada upon the report I just made against you.. you see masterbaiter that is how i will respond to your moronic tactics from now on, by just reporting you.. at some point another mod will ban you

playa1258
Aww typical meltdown.

TheVaultDweller
Kong was described as an adolescent/teenager during the events of Skull Island, which took place during the Vietnam War(1973). He continued to grow in the decades between then and present day. The size we see him at now was presumably what he reached before Ghidorah showed up, but as Kong is also an Alpha, he ignored the call to arms and stayed on the island during King of the Monsters.

So the answer is definitely Kong grew, but by how much isn't known. And its possible they shrunk Big G by some amount too.

I've heard some weird theories about Godzilla's size in this. One guy on YouTube speculated that the version of Godzilla we see in the trailer is not the one from previous films but a younger specimen (as there have been multiple Godzillas in some past films as well), and that the one from previous films died after its fight with Ghidorah because of the strain going full nuclear at the end took on its body. Seems like a stretch to me though.

But yeah, if one looks at the earlier post I made comparing Kong's size in that promo poster for Skull Island and him in a similar position in the trailer, it's clear that Kong's size has increased massively.

Darth Thor

Oh right so Legendary has made profit from it. And Thats fixed. Cant go up or down. WB can certainly make a huge loss on it though. Given theyve spent $250million on it now. Not counting any additional marketing they do.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by playa1258
Aww typical meltdown.

nah scum .. just simply ask Imp or Bada because I have simply reported you.. if you can't handle the truth then simply stop trying to get banned...

anyways on to important stuff instead of some douchebag c#nt

I've heard some weird theories about Godzilla's size in this. One guy on YouTube speculated that the version of Godzilla we see in the trailer is not the one from previous films but a younger specimen (as there have been multiple Godzillas in some past films as well), and that the one from previous films died after its fight with Ghidorah because of the strain going full nuclear at the end took on its body. Seems like a stretch to me though.

But yeah, if one looks at the earlier post I made comparing Kong's size in that promo poster for Skull Island and him in a similar position in the trailer, it's clear that Kong's size has increased massively.

allegedly the Godzilla shown in the trailer isn't really him

xPRIMEx

tkitna
, oh and torrent the film , don;t spend any money lol

Its the only way to watch movies in my opinion. I hate going to theaters and i'm not paying for streaming services.

xPRIMEx

Robtard
Would really rather watch this in a theater, but I doubt they'll be open in my area come March.

So home it is, I'll invite a small group of close friends, we'll do dinner and a movie.

KingD19
I dont know if its been mentioned but some theaters allow you to "rent" a room for a technically private screening.

Inhuman

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>