Mass marketed lab grown meat is on its way... Good idea?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/jul/29/petri-dishes-is-lab-grown-meat-a-mass-market-environmentally-sound-food-fix?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_WhatsApp

Good idea?

snowdragon
I gotta be honest, I do enjoy meat and seafood. If scientists can find a way to produce a meat/poultry that is safe, I'd switch for sure. I'm still going to eat real seafood though.

That is one of the reasons I eat alot of beans/lentils so I cut back on protein from mah animal friends.

gold slorg
if it's safe for health and better ecologically than normal meat, sure then

veganism is honestly just right about all the environmental and moral stuff, but i can't help loving meat taste, so fake meat that tastes like meat = sure

Archaeopteryx
I became a Vegan a little over two years ago for ethical reasons but I have seen TONS of health benefits from it, I no longer take diabetes or cholesterol meds, I have lost 50 lbs, I feel great.

But more on the topic, I say this is the coming thing, it's also a lot more humane than factory farming.

Then there's the arable land issue for producing meat vs plant food products for human consumption, the effect of animal agriculture on climate change.

As long as proper testing and research is done and it is deemed safe I say yes, do it.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by gold slorg
veganism is honestly just right about all the environmental and moral stuff, but i can't help loving meat taste
thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by gold slorg
if it's safe for health and better ecologically than normal meat, sure then

veganism is honestly just right about all the environmental and moral stuff, but i can't help loving meat taste, so fake meat that tastes like meat = sure thumb up Top notch, which is why this would be great.

Surtur
But what if the suffering adds to the flavor of meat though? If it doesn't fine.

If it does...ooooh I'm on the fence here.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Surtur
But what if the suffering adds to the flavor of meat though? If it doesn't fine.

If it does...ooooh I'm on the fence here. i think what animals eat probably has more of an effect and that no doubt can be replicated artificial through tissue culture. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.