Baron Quinn vs Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
MCU Black Panther vs Baron Quinn from ItB.

- T'Challa has his powers but no suit. He has his ceremonial vibranium spear and shield instead.
- To make things fair, Quinn gets vibranium replicas of his S2 sword and sais. It's also S2 Quinn, so high and crazy enough that his brain tumour pain doesn't actively interrupt him in combat. stick out tongue
- Location is open terrain.
- Combatants start 15 feet apart.
- Fight to the death.

Who wins?

Lestov16
While Into The Badlands characters are uber powerful, BP is supposed to be equal to Cap, who held down a helicopter with one hand. I don't see Quinn replicating that.

TheVaultDweller
They're depicted as overall peers, but it doesn't mean they're exact equals across the board. Plus, this isn't a fist fight or arm wrestling match. It's a contest of bladed weapons. And Quinn is strong enough to stab his sword through a wall while impaling someone against it, which he did during the S1 raid on the Widow's HQ.

Lestov16
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
They're depicted as overall peers, but it doesn't mean they're exact equals across the board. Plus, this isn't a fist fight or arm wrestling match. It's a contest of bladed weapons. And Quinn is strong enough to stab his sword through a wall while impaling someone against it, which he did during the S1 raid on the Widow's HQ.

Being "overall peers", when one of said peers can hold down a helicopter, is still way above anything that Quinn (or arguably anyone in the Badlandsverse) has ever done. I understand that it's a swordfight, but you need to understand that Cap has the reflexes to grab Quinn's sword and the strength to break it with his fingertips and then rip Quinn's skull out of his face or shove his own sword up Quinn's ass with no mercy.

HulkIsHulk
T'challa bounced back from being blown away by Klaue's sonic cannon, which just obliterated a bulletproof, possibly vibranium lined car
Blunt force is probably out of the picture then

Lestov16
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
T'challa bounced back from being blown away by Klaue's sonic cannon, which just obliterated a bulletproof, possibly vibranium lined car

TBF, that was with the suit, which the OP has banned.

Also, in prior post, I accidentally said Cap instead of BP. Got my vibranium-wielding metahumans confused lol

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Lestov16
Being "overall peers", when one of said peers can hold down a helicopter, is still way above anything that Quinn (or arguably anyone in the Badlandsverse) has ever done. I understand that it's a swordfight, but you need to understand that Cap has the reflexes to grab Quinn's sword and the strength to break it with his fingertips and then rip Quinn's skull out of his face or shove his own sword up Quinn's ass with no mercy.

The best in-combat reaction feat I can recall for T'Challa (which is catching Hawkeye's arrows in CA:CW) is pretty similar to those of ItB characters. And they're all still susceptible to piercing damage. On multiple occasions, we've seen skilled humans (Batroc, Widow, Crossbones, Dora Milaje members and even Tony Stark) tag super soldier-level characters. And most of them did not have Quinn's physicals, especially his retarded damage soak. I am not saying he wins by any means, but I really don't think it's as cut and dried as you make it sound.

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk

Energy attacks in movies are always very inconsistent though when it comes to damaging flesh and inorganic objects, whether it's Fox, the MCU or the DCEU. It's still definitely a good feat for T'Challa (not that he needs that particular one as a blunt force feat in anyway IMO), but it's something to also take into consideration. It's always crazy how so many characters can wreck their environment with energy attacks but often just send opponents, sometimes with only human durability, flying across a room or something.

HulkIsHulk
T'challa also got hit by that mine train while the sonic waves were messing up his suit while fighting Killmonger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifoFercJX2I&t=110s

And this is what Shuri said about the trains and sonic suppressers::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1crJt8fC8_s&t=110s

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, I am well aware. stick out tongue

Hence why I said this about the other feat:

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
...not that he needs that particular one as a blunt force feat in anyway IMO...

I made it a weapons match exactly for that reason. Probably the only Badlands character who could potentially hurt a super-soldier tier opponent via pure brute force is Pilgrim while in Dark One mode, as he can casually barge his way straight through solid brick walls when fully powered up. But even he would likely need a number of hits to get anything of note done. I wonder if these two survived.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RegalFreshAmurratsnake-size_restricted.gif

carthage
Tchalla isn't skilled enough to hang with ITB high tiers
He gets stomped

Lestov16
IDK. I would rank ItB characters as high-level Daredevil opponents, but nowhere near enough juice to hang with MCU genetic metahumans

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by carthage
Tchalla isn't skilled enough to hang with ITB high tiers
He gets stomped

I'm curious what makes you think there's such a big skill gap. I mean, yeah, ItB has more intricate choreography, but that's only one visual tool used by directors to indicate skill. The fact that we've seen MCU Earthlings contend in skill with planet-conquering aliens suggests that the Earth heroes are actually exceptionally skilled in-universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.