Red Hulk vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
mad Sentry is powerful like Hela. Can Rulk learn from How Darwin beat Hela and beat Sentry. Fight to a standstill goes to the good guys.

Stoic
Sentry easily. Anyone recall the Absorbing Man vs Sentry collision?

Wonder Man

Philosophía
They already fought.

carthage
Sentry turns him into a turnip

MrMind

DarkSaint85
Rulk was laughing when fighting Sentry.

Philosophía
Originally posted by MrMind
when did that happen?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=655335&pagenumber=2

My first post on that page.

Wonder Man
Red Hulk could beat Sentry with something besides physics.
Maybe a condition known as incubus has been used in the past to explain the unexplainable.
Red Hulk administers it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Stoic
Sentry easily. Anyone recall the Absorbing Man vs Sentry collision?

That's why Rulk fought him and Wonder Man and the rest of Mighty Avengers at the same time, huh?

Kill yourself.

when did that happen?

Hulk Smash Avengers #5.

MrMind
I've always said sentry was garbage

Wonder Man
His telepathy makes him influential.

zopzop
Sentry kills him (and yes I'm aware they fought already).

Wonder Man
Red Hulk as long as he has space he can break him. He is a general.

Booya_69
Rulk would need the Leob-force

carver9
I've always said sentry was garbage

Or Rulk is just that powerful.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Rulk was laughing when fighting Sentry.

I'm taking it as if this is both at their best. Imagine Sentry as a video game. The more you play, the better you become. Now translate that to Bob controlling him.

Wonder Man

BrolyBlack
Red Hulk eats him

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm taking it as if this is both at their best. Imagine Sentry as a video game. The more you play, the better you become. Now translate that to Bob controlling him.

At the time they fought, Rulk wasn't at his best either.

krisblaze
Their fight don't count for much.
Red Hulk punched him away, Sentry returned and hit him a few times. Red Hulk punched him away and the avengers away and then tried to suicide with the bomb.

tkitna
Sentry beats him even easier than when Wonder Man did.

StiltmanFTW
WM did that to depowered Ross.

Sentry and WM together couldn't handle "peak" Rulk and got their sorry behinds whooped.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by krisblaze
Their fight don't count for much.
Red Hulk punched him away, Sentry returned and hit him a few times. Red Hulk punched him away and the avengers away and then tried to suicide with the bomb.

It counts for a lot if we use that version as the "basic" version, whatever that may be, because of his mindset.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry beats him even easier than when Wonder Man did.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
WM did that to depowered Ross.

Sentry and WM together couldn't handle "peak" Rulk and got their sorry behinds whooped.

Sentry had little to no training and relied on raw power, by the way.

He's not replicating Simon's "Million Dollar Dream" pro wrestling move, for ****'s sake...

It's like taking Aquaman and pretending he can do Lady Shiva's leopard blow.

DarkSaint85
Except Aquaman has no raw power thumb up

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Yeah, bad example. Arthur can only talk to fish.

Oh, wait. He can't even do that nowadays.

BrolyBlack
Oh really? Maybe he needs to just be killed off.

Wonder Man
You know how a general knows the weather on the battle field.
Like an elemental like Meggan Rulk could imprint weather element in his fights.

krisblaze
It counts for a lot if we use that version as the "basic" version, whatever that may be, because of his mindset.
Rulk seemed to be a lot more serious than Sentry.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by krisblaze
Rulk seemed to be a lot more serious than Sentry.

At the time he couldn't use his absorption powers when he fought the Sentry, iirc. Could be wrong though.

krisblaze
At the time he couldn't use his absorption powers when he fought the Sentry, iirc. Could be wrong though.
I don't remember the context, just the fight.
Might be missing something important smile

StiltmanFTW

You are wrong.

Issue was published late, yes, but it took place sometime during the first Mighty Avengers run, first team.

So, before he got nerfed.

---
Sentry has plenty of lacklustre performances like this.

It's because he's not even sane. His best showings are either when voided-out, merged with the void or amped.

BrolyBlack
Rulk eats him

DarkSaint85
You are wrong.

Issue was published late, yes, but it took place sometime during the first Mighty Avengers run, first team.

So, before he got nerfed.

---
Sentry has plenty of lacklustre performances like this.

It's because he's not even sane. His best showings are either when voided-out, merged with the void or amped.

thumb up nice one, cheers.

So yeah. Looks like Rulk could take this.

StiltmanFTW
Sentry used heat vision like two times in his whole career.

And among those two times, he used it against the guy with energy absorption laughing out loud

Only Bob can be that dumb.

Wonder Man
Sentry is a Beast. I like Red Hulk as a character but Sentry would pull his 🦷 teeth.

BrolyBlack
Sentry used heat vision like two times in his whole career.

And among those two times, he used it against the guy with energy absorption laughing out loud

Only Bob can be that dumb.

Sentry has heat visionlaughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Sentry has heat visionlaughing out loud

Yes. Almost never uses it, but yes.

Most Superman clones have HV or some variation of it, like AV, FV or MV.

Wonder Man
The question is can Sentry cause a mass extinction like Void makes him do or will Red Hulk express an answer to slaughter.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Wonder Man

The question is can Sentry cause a mass extinction like Void makes him do or will Red Hulk express an answer to slaughter.

Yes, he can and Sentry also beats the living crap out of Red Hulk, even if you tie both of his arms behind his back.

The "fight" between Red Hulk and Sentry wasn't even a complete fight. Red Hulk punched him away, Sentry came immediately back, punched the crap out of him and then let Wonder Man get some hits in as well.

At the same time Red Hulk got his ass handed to him by Hulk, where a weakened Sentry fought World War Hulk to a standstill.

Wonder Man
Red Hulk can demonstrate against anyone.

Booya_69

Booya_69
Originally posted by Enzeru
Yes, he can and Sentry also beats the living crap out of Red Hulk, even if you tie both of his arms behind his back.

The "fight" between Red Hulk and Sentry wasn't even a complete fight. Red Hulk punched him away, Sentry came immediately back, punched the crap out of him and then let Wonder Man get some hits in as well.

At the same time Red Hulk got his ass handed to him by Hulk, where a weakened Sentry fought World War Hulk to a standstill.

Why do think sentry was weakened in his fight with wwhulk?

StiltmanFTW
Source, honey?

I don't recall Sentry fighting any hulkbuster --- perhaps you mean one of Ross' old robots?

Iron Man's regular suit withstood Starbrand's eye blasts with ease.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Booya_69

He was going mental --- but other than that, he was much more formidable than his usual "calm & semi-coherent" self that kept getting humiliated by the likes of She-Hulk or Blue Marvel.

WWH Sentry was bloodlusted and destructive. He wasn't at his absolute best, but he was more powerful than usual during that era.

Enzeru

Sentrys weakness is his mental instability. The more unstable he is, the weaker he gets and the easier to defeat he becomes. During World War Hulk Sentry was massively unstable and spent days in his house, unable the leave. At one point he stood for 29 hours at the door and couldn't leave his house. Agoraphobia and so. He only left, when Hulk threatened to kill all the other heroes.

Source, honey?
I don't recall Sentry fighting any hulkbuster --- perhaps you mean one of Ross' old robots?
Iron Man's regular suit withstood Starbrand's eye blasts with ease.

https://imgur.com/a/qggG45e

Sentry isn't Starbrand.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, he's Starbrand-lite.

Thanks for the scan. Guess Tony's face is really durable, huh? laughing out loud

Enzeru

Guess Tony's face is really durable, huh?

As durable as Hulks pants.

StiltmanFTW
Apparently so.

So, he used HV three times in his career? Vs. Punisher's handcuffs, Rulk, Hulkbuster? Or was there something else?

Booya_69
Sentrys weakness is his mental instability. The more unstable he is, the weaker he gets and the easier to defeat he becomes. During World War Hulk Sentry was massively unstable and spent days in his house, unable the leave. At one point he stood for 29 hours at the door and couldn't leave his house. Agoraphobia and so. Hel
only left, when Hulk threatened to kill all heroes.

Fair point, but one could argue his agoraphobia was at a peak because he was afraid unleashing his FULL power, which was a must in order to fight the hulk. When he found conviction, it appeared he had no problem unleashing it. His aura was destroying the city dbz style. He stated on panel the hulk is the only one that can handle his unleashed power.

Booya_69
He was going mental --- but other than that, he was much more formidable than his usual "calm & semi-coherent" self that kept getting humiliated by the likes of She-Hulk or Blue Marvel.

WWH Sentry was bloodlusted and destructive. He wasn't at his absolute best, but he was more powerful than usual during that era.

Agreed.

Wonder Man

Enzeru

So, he used HV three times in his career? Vs. Punisher's handcuffs, Rulk, Hulkbuster? Or was there something else?

Well I mean, in the end of the day the Sentry can shoot laser beams out of every single hole in his body. But yeah, he has shot energy out of his eyes more often (and most often):

Against Thor:
https://i.imgur.com/82dVy5q.jpg

Against the Asgardian Thunder Guard:
https://i.imgur.com/2sudYsC.jpg

Against the Void:
https://i.imgur.com/XUuwYiD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/K1WmK0w.jpg

Against Void Spawns:
https://i.imgur.com/Jh4Y4Qo.jpg

Against the Cancerverse:
https://i.imgur.com/wCrlO8m.jpg

Fair point, but one could argue his agoraphobia was at a peak because he was afraid unleashing his FULL power, which was a must in order to fight the hulk. When he found conviction, it appeared he had no problem unleashing it. His aura was destroying the city dbz style. He stated on panel the hulk is the only one that can handle his unleashed power.

You are free to disagree with me of course, but I still think that the Sentry was weakened at that point. He was sick.
Compare your own strength, when you are healthy and when you have the flu. You'll be physically much weaker, when you have the flu. Obviously a mental breakdown / episode can't be compared to the flu, but a long lasting anxiety attack (which Sentry had to deal with) will leave you weak as shit. And that's what has been stated about the Sentry: That mental issues make him weaker.

Here is another instance, where we didn't see Sentry struggle with anything... and like you mentioned he was afraid to unleash his power:

https://i.imgur.com/pEJSLRx.jpg
That's against Photon. Sentry knew he would endanger the entire planet, if he fought Photon for real.

https://i.imgur.com/oyeb1MA.jpg
Photon transferred them to the Microverse where atoms are as big as planets and in there they were destroying planets, while still holding back. Later on it was confirmed that one of the planets they destroyed belonged to one of the many Hyperion versions.

And there are more massive jumps in power through out Sentrys history, where he is unstable and stable. That's why there are also so many threads (especially on Comicvine), where an Unstable Sentry takes on other characters. Making Sentry stable leaves you with this character, who punches holes through Voids chest as if it's nothing.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Or Rulk is just that powerful.

Carver would have words with thee Enzeru.

tkitna

He wasnt bloodlusted. Hell, he wasnt even fighting back for half the fight.

StiltmanFTW
He wasnt bloodlusted. Hell, he wasnt even fighting back for half the fight.

Sentry was going to destroy the city and perhaps even more than that.

He reveled in his fight against Hulk and yes, he got hit on purpose, as it helped him to go all out.

He was bloodlusted and out of control.

Unlike the time when he got one-shotted by She-Hulk, put into space by Blue Marvel or kicked in the balls by Hercules.

tkitna
Apparently so.

He KO'd Thor with it while in his Death Seed form.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11118/111180635/4035844-uncanny-avengers-11-daniel-acuna-4.png

StiltmanFTW
Enzeru already posted that stick out tongue

tkitna

He reveled in his fight against Hulk and yes, he got hit on purpose, as it helped him to go all out.

Unlike the time when he got one-shotted by She-Hulk, put into space by Blue Marvel or kicked in the balls by Hercules.

Lol. Man you like to bring up those low showings dont you. Lets just forget about the times he went toe to toe with Genis, the Collective, and Ultron.

tkitna
Enzeru already posted that stick out tongue

I know. I got ahead of myself. laughing out loud

DeadpoolXXX

Unlike the time when he got one-shotted by She-Hulk, put into space by Blue Marvel or kicked in the balls by Hercules. you forgot to mention the time he got taken out of commission for multiple issues by the space worm. smile

StiltmanFTW
I know. I got ahead of myself. laughing out loud

To be fair, that's pretty different than his standard heat vision, as:

1) it's red, not yellow,

2) he's also shooting it from his mouth.

But it's always okay to repost scans of Thor getting assraped on this site big grin

DarkSaint85
Thor was lucky he wasn't vaporised.

StiltmanFTW
Thor was lucky he wasn't vaporised.

He was covered in Rage's sperm, it absorbed most of Sentry's attack.

abhilegend
He KO'd Thor with it while in his Death Seed form.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11118/111180635/4035844-uncanny-avengers-11-daniel-acuna-4.png
Death Seed sentry was powered up.

StiltmanFTW
Abhi.

The only man in the universe hating Sentry even more than Thor.

The legend.

Enzeru

Don't be an ass.

She-Hulk cheapshot-punched Sentry from behind to the ground, while he was giving an interview. That's after he threw her a couple of city blocks away and she had to return with a taxi. He then stood up and she couldn't do anything to him other than running away.

Blue Marvel lost to the Sentry. In his very own book during his very first appearance. And that's while the Negative Zone was leaking into the world and messing with Sentrys powers, as confirmed by the writer and Blue Marvels creator. Also confirmed by Blue Marvels creator is the fact that Blue Marvel is weaker than Thor... and we all know that slapping Thor around is one of Sentrys hobbies.

Sentry was trying to talk Hercules down. Once he had enough, Hercules only way out was kicking Sentry in the balls and sinking a ship with people on it. Hercules then ran away, while Sentry had to save everyone on the ship.

Wonder Man

abhilegend
Abhi.

The legend.
Why would I hate sentry? He is barely any character to hate.

Wonder Man
Sentrys genius can be as deadly as his strength

h1a8
Don't be an ass.

She-Hulk cheapshot-punched Sentry from behind to the ground, while he was giving an interview. That's after he threw her a couple of city blocks away and she had to return with a taxi. He then stood up and she couldn't do anything to him other than running away.

Blue Marvel lost to the Sentry. In his very own book during his very first appearance. And that's while the Negative Zone was leaking into the world and messing with Sentrys powers, as confirmed by the writer and Blue Marvels creator. Also confirmed by Blue Marvels creator is the fact that Blue Marvel is weaker than Thor... and we all know that slapping Thor around is one of Sentrys hobbies.

Sentry was trying to talk Hercules down. Once he had enough, Hercules only way out was kicking Sentry in the balls and sinking a ship with people on it. Hercules then ran away, while Sentry had to save everyone on the ship.

But you are not understand is that these showings prove that someone weaker than Rulk can hurt Sentry. If Sentry was so far above those guys (like a fly to a human) then getting kicked in the nuts would barely be felted.

Wonder Man
Sentry has the ability to alter time by devoting his attention to say a more of dust. At least that is how himself explained his power at a molecular level to start with and he said it was even far greater than that.

Wonder Man
Meant a mote of dust.

carver9
Abhi.

The legend.

Correction... he hates Marvel HERALDS. Also, why didn't you capitalize his name?

StiltmanFTW
Because I don't have a raging boner on him like you do, carv?

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Death Seed Sentry was/is overrated. Regular ol' Voidtry is much more impressive.

Wonder Man

tkitna
Originally posted by abhilegend

I realize that. I wasnt arguing about how powerful the blast was. I was just using it as another example of Sentry using HV.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.