What DCEU movie was actually great

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
compared to Spiderman into the spider verse, Avengers Endgame, The Avengers Civil War, and Captain America Winter Soldier

https://i.postimg.cc/FdWgSJNS/DCEU-Movies-Header.jpg

steverules_2

lawest9
Despite the critics, I liked Justice League.

xJLxKing

xJLxKing

spetznaz

lawest9
Well...........any movie regardless of critically acclaimed it is could be better or worse, I liked it for it's over as ll characterization of the heroes, and it's overall action and moments of humor and a few other things, but to each their own.

Adam Grimes
GotG is still better than Nolan Batman, though.

AlbertoJohnAvil
@xJ

I loved man of steel I don't know why they haven't followed up with that. I swear DC can't even get one of its flagship characters a decent row of movies it's shameful honestly. You got a great actor wanting the role and he's got no script. The other movies was ok to me it went downhill #MakeItMakeSense

StiltmanFTW
@spetznaz

DCEU specifically, not just any film from dc you want.

Wanking DC will give you cancer one day.

spetznaz
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
@spetznaz

DCEU specifically, not just any film from dc you want.

Wanking DC will give you cancer one day.

😄

Yeah, that was a bit of a wank.

DCEU - only MoS and WW, with an honorable mention for AM. Shazam almost makes it. Just those ones.

BrolyBlack
Trollbert at it again

AlbertoJohnAvil
@spetnaz

laughing out loud SO let's just act like the Joker movie isn't Falling Down or Taxi Driver in greasepaint. It's literally a remake of two already great movies with a thin veneer of almost DC slapped on. Much ado about nothing. Either the people who rave about this movie have very limited cinema exposure, or their DC fanboy cognitive dissonance doesn't allow them to admit it's a blatant ripoff of two great movies. It's not unique. Like, at all. The scenery, city, timeframe and cinematography even rip off Taxi Driver.

anyone over the age of 25 should know the movie has came out before many times. In Taxi Driver, Falling Down (actually the best out of this genre), Ragging Bull, Hardcore, King of Comedy, Requiem, The Machinist and ect. There was nothing new or unique about Joker besides they took a script and changed it for Joker.

in general, It's a movie made to empower incels and future broke brain mass shooters. There's nothing iconic about the film whatsoever and a guarantee nobody can tell you 1 solid scene beside the scene toward the end where he shoots Murray. The shit was mostly him saying cringe level shit and half giggling in a way that was neither iconic nor reminiscent of anything any joker has done. I gotta keep it real, even with the little piece of screentime he had Leto was a light-years better joker.

It's actually not a BAD movie though . It's simply neither original, nor very comic related, The fact that it has a pseudo comic character as the titular figure is causing people to make far more if this movie than they should. It's decent. It's better if your cinema experience is shallow and you've never seen any of the greats it ripped off

spetznaz
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
@spetnaz

laughing out loud SO let's just act like the Joker movie isn't Falling Down or Taxi Driver in greasepaint. It's literally a remake of two already great movies with a thin veneer of almost DC slapped on. Much ado about nothing. Either the people who rave about this movie have very limited cinema exposure, or their DC fanboy cognitive dissonance doesn't allow them to admit it's a blatant ripoff of two great movies. It's not unique. Like, at all. The scenery, city, timeframe and cinematography even rip off Taxi Driver.

anyone over the age of 25 should know the movie has came out before many times. In Taxi Driver, Falling Down (actually the best out of this genre), Ragging Bull, Hardcore, King of Comedy, Requiem, The Machinist and ect. There was nothing new or unique about Joker besides they took a script and changed it for Joker.

in general, It's a movie made to empower incels and future broke brain mass shooters. There's nothing iconic about the film whatsoever and a guarantee nobody can tell you 1 solid scene beside the scene toward the end where he shoots Murray. The shit was mostly him saying cringe level shit and half giggling in a way that was neither iconic nor reminiscent of anything any joker has done. I gotta keep it real, even with the little piece of screentime he had Leto was a light-years better joker.

It's actually not a BAD movie though . It's simply neither original, nor very comic related, The fact that it has a pseudo comic character as the titular figure is causing people to make far more if this movie than they should. It's decent. It's better if your cinema experience is shallow and you've never seen any of the greats it ripped off

Little child, I could answer you beyond this sentence but unfortunately I have standards.

DarkSaint85
*mic drop*

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by spetznaz
Little child, I could answer you beyond this sentence but unfortunately I have standards.

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

https://i.postimg.cc/R6qGvdQn/atl.gif

deft
The Dark Knight and Man of Steel.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by spetznaz

Post of the year

Poster of the year 2020 and possibly 20201

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

https://i.postimg.cc/R6qGvdQn/atl.gif

You got owned like the little Trollbitch you are

BrolyBlack

Insane Titan
Man of steel , Nolan trilogy , joker and watchmen (especially the extended cut)

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Very well written articulated post admitting Marvel movies are better which they are but highlighting some good movies by DC

This post is utter shit post written by a immature manchild.

Nope, ALL FACTS. like the usual

it would've been great if it was even marginally original. The fact that it blatantly ripped off such well known films basically killed it's validity

Had you watched Taxi Driver or Falling Down, this movie would've made you wtf out loud. It's so obviously a take on both films

there's nothing complex about a goofball oversheltered and ridiculed dude finally snapping after he's handed a gun. People who think this shit is complex probably think chicken soup is fancy when it has carrots and celery in it.

Already unstable incel snaps when the lies his mommy feeds him and his own delusions *gasp* turn out to be untrue. About as complex as the magazine of the same name. 🤷🏿‍♂️

BrolyBlack

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud Yeah totally man. Tell me when your daddy spet decides to grow some balls and address what i said. I'm not surprised though, it's a repetitive trend when debating against me. it's always either a corny emoji or an "ShUtUP Ur AlbErTO tHeReFoRE u Lose HAH!"

People lack the capacity to formulate good arguments

BrolyBlack

StiltmanFTW
DCEU is a failed project, but we already have dozens (literally) threads about this in the Movie Forum.

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud It def is a failed project, it might have a few 1-3 ALRIGHT movies, but overall WB's cinematic universe sucks. They focus entirely too much on Batman and Superman. they repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot by not establishing other character in the cinematic universe.
They need to do what Marvel did and realize that its not checkers. It's chess. They need to set themselves up for the long term instead of shoehorning other characters into a Batman or Superman movie.

Wolverine's marvel's most popular character, and There's ZERO reboots.
Do you know how many Batman movies there? 15. Do you know how many Superman movies there are? 8. There are a combined 23 films that are of Superman and/or Batman (not counting animated). Do you know how many films are of OTHER DC properties? 18. There are more films about Batman and Superman than there are of the rest of the DC universe COMBINED. Then they wonder why nobody cares about their other IPs, More people care about Groot than Wonder Woman. A ****ing tree who's only line is "I am groot" rates higher than one of the top female super heroes from a cinema perspective.

laughing out loud

BrolyBlack
Dude you really need a gf and a job

cdtm
Joker was excellent.

When the left does a 180 and the right says its just "ok", you know they nailed it.

celeyhyga17
joker, wondy, dk tril

a lot of shite though

CosmicComet
Dceu specifically refers to movies in the same continuity as man of steel.

So Joker, Nolan Batman, Watchman etc do not count.

So none of the DCEU movies have been great. I did enjoy Momoaman a lot tho. Probably the best one.

celeyhyga17
welp, then wondy for me.

aquadude was good ish...

the rest were mostly something mr. m would slurp up.

-Pr-
Not sure this should be in this section, but...

Few comicbook movies in general are as good as Spiderverse or Winter Soldier. They're a class apart in general.

Civil War and Endgame though? You can easily argue, imo, that WW is in the same bracket as CW, and is arguably better than Endgame. It just suffers from different issues as the other two. CW has a strong start and end but a weak middle. Endgame has a weak start, okay middle and great end, whereas WW has a good start and middle but a poor ending.

I rate Shazam pretty highly, but I refuse to take seriously anyone who rates Aquaman. The only thing it has going for it is the CGI and Patrick Wilson.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not sure this should be in this section, but...

Few comicbook movies in general are as good as Spiderverse or Winter Soldier. They're a class apart in general.

Civil War and Endgame though? You can easily argue, imo, that WW is in the same bracket as CW, and is arguably better than Endgame. It just suffers from different issues as the other two. CW has a strong start and end but a weak middle. Endgame has a weak start, okay middle and great end, whereas WW has a good start and middle but a poor ending.

I rate Shazam pretty highly, but I refuse to take seriously anyone who rates Aquaman. The only thing it has going for it is the CGI and Patrick Wilson.

One of the things that makes me partial to Spiderverse is how they handled Miles and his family. It not only felt like watching an authentic awkward teen, it was comfortably, realistically a black Brooklyn kid. And just his family in general was done with realism and respect. I have nothing but love for that movie

I think it's the only flawless CBM I can think of.

Enzeru
I'm such a big fan of superhero movies, that I even liked garbage movies like the "Daredevil" movie with Ben Affleck and "Steel" with Shaquille O'Neal. But damn, does the DCEU make it hard to like their movies...

I guess, I'd have to vote for "Man of Steel". I like that take on Superman. If Superman was like that in the comics, I'd read the comics. An outsider trying to do the right thing and not shying away from killing for the sake of the greater good. I'm not a big fan of the always upright and uplifting blue boyscout Superman.

Joker was alright, although I had a hard time viewing it as an actual "Joker" film. The movie was more of a "The King of Comedy" remake with the main actor wearing face paint. Not that it's a bad thing... Just not that much of a Joker movie.

I've also somewhat liked "Shazam". I had my issues with the movie, but since I'm in love with Grace Fulton I'm giving it a pass.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Joker was excellent.

Joker is not a part of DCEU.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Dceu specifically refers to movies in the same continuity as man of steel.

Yes.

But don't count on dctards realizing it.

So Joker, Nolan Batman, Watchman etc do not count.

Correct.

Joker was a one-shot, a stand-alone film separate from DCEU, Nolan's trilogy happens in its own "Nolanverse" and Watchmen comics have always been confined to their own little universe, very separate from DC, till now, that is.

Watchmen film, much like the original material, wasn't connected in any way with other DC properties.

So none of the DCEU movies have been great. I did enjoy Momoaman a lot tho. Probably the best one.

To be fair, you "enjoyed" Momoaman only because you want to bash Pr's pretty face in.

Booya_69
Man of steel was great despite the critic reviews

Bvs is great after smoking a joint.

Booya_69
Not a dceu, but Superman returns was decent

-Pr-
Nolanverse is overrated. There, I said it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Nolanverse is overrated. There, I said it.

I can't disagree here.

I loved TDK, but that's it.

Nolan was probably drugged, naked and on all fours when he was "directing" the trilogy.

So just like every KMCer when he or she posts.

wxyz
Since we're using just DCEU and not DC movies in general; none of them have been great.

dynamix
man of steel is dope

Badabing
compared to Spiderman into the spider verse, Avengers Endgame, The Avengers Civil War, and Captain America Winter Soldier

https://i.postimg.cc/FdWgSJNS/DCEU-Movies-Header.jpg Dolt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.