Britain Jails Citizens for Speech Online

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack

Surtur
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10967156/mum-branded-transgender-woman-a-pig/

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, this stuff happens everywhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/18/facebook-comments-arrest-prosecution

Jailed for a Facebook post: how US police target critics with arrest and prosecution

Surtur
Kinda happens way more often in your country tho bruv

keep in mind dude was talking about burning someones house down tho

not like the article i posted

or even like teaching a dog to do a nazi salute

but you tried smile

wxyz
I don't think there's a country out there that has freedom of speech.

Canada sure as hell doesn't.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Surtur

but you tried smile

Scotland isn't England.

Surtur
Uk

shithole for free speech

sad, pathetic, agreed?

-Pr-
Uk

shithole for free speech

sad, pathetic, agreed?

The UK isn't a country either.

But yes, people should have more freedom with their opinions. Doesn't make their opinions any more valid, but still.

Surtur
Okay jesus christ, whatever you wanna call the shithole. A series of dogshit places.

That better? That nitpicking solve anything?

-Pr-
Okay jesus christ, whatever you wanna call the shithole. A series of dogshit places.

That better? That nitpicking solve anything?

Calling the UK a shithole while living in America... okay. Cool.

Surtur
Yes, we're better.

Surtur
And the EU(Yes, I know it's not a country bro, save it) wants to crackdown even more.

Splendid.

-Pr-
Yes, we're better.

Sure.

And the EU(Yes, I know it's not a country bro save it) wants to crackdown even more.

Splendid.

You say that like it means anything.

Surtur
It means just what I said: they are deranged enough to want even more censorship.

Who raised them to think this was okay?

-Pr-
It means just what I said: they are deranged enough to want even more censorship.

Who raised them to think this was okay?

Government run by old people wants more control... yeah, not a surprise. They can want all they like. It doesn't mean anything.

Surtur
So it's just the old people?

The young woke kids do not want censorship, correct? And would not implement it if handed power, in your opinion?

jaden_2.0

but you tried smile

Neither of those 2 were jailed though.

Surtur
Arrested, kiddo.

And should have never been.

Surtur
Oh, and pieces of utter dog shit(lower than the lowest) showed up at a dudes house for retweeting a limerick.

Sad and pathetic, agreed?

snowdragon
Uk

shithole for free speech

sad, pathetic, agreed?

Lulz, sorry but there is always a bit of comedy that spreads when you want to rip on something/someone and you don't quite get that thing you are ripping on correct:P

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
Lulz, sorry but there is always a bit of comedy that spreads when you want to rip on something/someone and you don't quite get that thing you are ripping on correct:P

As is there some comedy when someone knows what I mean but is weasel enough to cry about it anyways

Surtur
But you are also correct it is funny, which is why I suspect some feel the need to highlight despite knowing the intent: they have no other argument

How can you defend getting so buttmad over a guy teaching a dog a trick? You can't.

-Pr-
So it's just the old people?

The young woke kids do not want censorship, correct? And would not implement it if handed power, in your opinion?

You're talking about two different things. The EU isn't run by people whining on twitter about their feelings (most of the time, anyway). It's about people in power wanting to consolidate meaningful power. Or they're the "think of the children" idiots that want control of the internet because it's just that. Control.

That isn't the same as the "SJW" types that whine on twitter etc.

jaden_2.0
Oh, and pieces of utter dog shit(lower than the lowest) showed up at a dudes house for retweeting a limerick.

I have no Idea what you're talking about.

Is it this one?

6CTWvSvd5Jw

Or this one?

vZ8eGgYC9v8

Surtur
Originally posted by -Pr-
You're talking about two different things. The EU isn't run by people whining on twitter about their feelings (most of the time, anyway). It's about people in power wanting to consolidate meaningul power. Or they're the "think of the children" idiots that want control of the internet because it's just that. Control.

That isn't the same as the "SJW" types that whine on twitter etc.

Let us just discuss these old folk you describe.

Replace them with young wokesters. Stuff gets better or worse?

wxyz
Government has no right to prosecute and/or arrest people for exercising their natural right to freedom of speech.

It's evil.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden_2.0

Is it this one?

6CTWvSvd5Jw

Or this one?

vZ8eGgYC9v8

Not gonna lie to you: I'm not gonna watch those videos tonight.

For more info: dude retweeted some transgender limerick. Inferiors showed up at his house to question him. Maybe that narrows it down for you.

Surtur
And if you f*ckers have multiple folk harassed by cops over retweeting limericks to the point you don't know which story I mean, that is...just, damn. You guys used to rule the world, you deserved to get it taken away thumb up

jaden_2.0
Nah doesn't ring a bell.

-Pr-
Let us just discuss these old folk you describe.

Replace them with young wokesters. Stuff gets better or worse?

It'd just be a different shade of shit. Thankfully though, the EU gets ****-all say in the day to day lives of most of the people living in it.

Surtur
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/uk-judge-police-probe-transphobic-tweets-unlawful-68984071

jaden_2.0
You obviously don't realise the videos I posted are from "free speech" America. The secret service turning up to people's doors over Facebook comments.

Surtur
I didn't click them kiddo, but if you deflected it doesn't shock me, you are an occasional member of the usual suspects here and all they are capable of is deflecting.

jaden_2.0
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/uk-judge-police-probe-transphobic-tweets-unlawful-68984071

So not jailed. In fact it's the police that got into trouble for it. 👍

Surtur
Kid: I didn't say he was jailed.

Surtur

^Nowhere did I say he was jailed, my child.

jaden_2.0
I didn't click them kiddo, but if you deflected it doesn't shock me, you are an occasional member of the usual suspects here and all they are capable of is deflecting.

Best not to try and make other countries seem worse than your own. Then maybe people won't hurt your feefs by pointing that out.

Surtur
But we are better.

jaden_2.0
So far the only person jailed for any of the above stories was an American. 👍

Surtur
Beat you before and we'd definitely beat you again

Tell me I'm wrong

jaden_2.0
Yep. Beat us at jailing citizens for Facebook posts.

Surtur
I love that you cherry picked in order to deflect from how much shithole Europe cracks down.

It's allowed thumb up

jaden_2.0
Speak English and I might understand your point.

Surtur
Which part did you fail to comprehend?

jaden_2.0
https://www.statista.com/graphic/1/262961/countries-with-the-most-prisoners.jpg

"Land of the Free"

*Jails more people than tyrannical oppresive dictatorship*

Surtur
For me its telling that one of the things from America was threatening to burn shit and in the UK its just...you made fun of a protected class

Surtur
Well now big J we can talk about the war on drugs and how it was wrong and caused many to be imprisoned but that is a diff subject

Old Man Whirly!
I doubt Jaden or Pr have taught certain people anything but it was fun to see this before I went to sleep. smile Night KMC posters.

Surtur
Well hey, the guy with pecks on his back is on your side

Pretend wins all around smile

eThneoLgrRnae
Calling the UK a shithole while living in America... okay. Cool.

Yup, that's correct. The United States is like ten times better than the UK. thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae
Yes, we're better.

Indeed, we are. Looks like that fact has triggered someone lol.

jaden_2.0
Well now big J we can talk about the war on drugs and how it was wrong and caused many to be imprisoned but that is a diff subject

You know drugs exist and are illegal in other countries too, right?

-Pr-
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Yup, that's correct. The United States is like ten times better than the UK. thumb up

I'm Irish, and even I wouldn't agree with that. But I'm sure you could pick and choose your qualifiers to make it work, sure.

eThneoLgrRnae
So sorry the truth upsets you so much.

FACT: United States >>>>> United Kingdom.

-Pr-
So sorry the truth upsets you so.

How would it upset me? I'm from neither of your countries.

ares834
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, this stuff happens everywhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/18/facebook-comments-arrest-prosecution

Jailed for a Facebook post: how US police target critics with arrest and prosecution

Yes. Because he was making threats. Not a comparable situation in the slightest.

Insane Titan

jaden_2.0
How would it upset me? I'm from neither of your countries.

He doesn't understand.

Old Man Whirly!
How would it upset me? I'm from neither of your countries. Originally posted by jaden_2.0
He doesn't understand. Why would it bother me, I have an Irish passport and live in Africa and have a daughter who is an African American. thumb up

Surtur
Originally posted by ares834
Yes. Because he was making threats. Not a comparable situation in the slightest.

Bingo

eThneoLgrRnae

eThneoLgrRnae
He doesn't understand.

Nah, dude, I understand perfectly fine that butthurt losers like you are upset that United States >>> United Kingdom. UK is a shithole. United States is greatest country In the history of the world. thumb up

Artol

-Pr-
Nah, dude, I understand perfectly fine that butthurt losers like you are upset that United States >>> United Kingdom. UK is a shithole. United States is greatest country In the history of the world. thumb up

What a wonderful bubble you must live in. I'm almost envious.

snowdragon
So weird, you can block ppl on twitter so how did this become a legal issue, Oh found it:

Lulz, I watched the videos linked and they were nothing like what happened in this incident, the only guy that had charges brought were because he threatened bodily harm or to incite violence.

Anyway GG UK.

jaden_2.0
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-692f633873eb1a4784fc68a5ccd140bf.webp
https://cdn.givingcompass.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/18161557/How-to-Revive-the-Rust-Belts-Economy.jpg
https://cdn.theatlantic.com/thumbor/Aa0dGjCN8NQFgNG7CYX-TENZuFU=/0x185:2493x1488/960x500/media/img/mt/2015/08/RTR6HMO/original.jpg

Such heaven. Pfft. 😄

eThneoLgrRnae
Again, sorry I've upset you with facts, PR.

-Pr-
Again, sorry I've upset you with facts, PR.

If you had posted any, they might have had an effect. But we both know you didn't, don't we?

Claiming a non-existent victory does seem par for the course for you, though.

snowdragon
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-692f633873eb1a4784fc68a5ccd140bf.webp
https://cdn.givingcompass.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/18161557/How-to-Revive-the-Rust-Belts-Economy.jpg
https://cdn.theatlantic.com/thumbor/Aa0dGjCN8NQFgNG7CYX-TENZuFU=/0x185:2493x1488/960x500/media/img/mt/2015/08/RTR6HMO/original.jpg

Such heaven. Pfft. 😄

Those are the training grounds for our urban combat forces man eek!

Wanna see something REALLY scary......look up places and folks in West Virginia Appalachian area sick

jaden_2.0
If you had posted any, they might have had an effect. But we both know you didn't, don't we?

Claiming a non-existent victory does seem par for the course for you, though.

Yeah but...

HoPwqkyhYk8

dadudemon
The UK isn't a country either.

I don't understand what you're saying. Are you trolling Surtur? if so, ignore everything I'm about to point out.

It has a:
Country flag
Country Coat of Arms
Country song
Country capital
Country official language
Country government
Country leader(s)
Country boundaries with very explicit lon lat coordinates
Country currency
Country ISO code

If you mean to make a distinction between the UK's constituent countries, which are functionally similar to provinces and states in other countries, that's fine.* But the United Kingdom is still a country.

*NB4 discussions and rules of secession are stronger in the constituent countries of the UK compared to the US - they are not. Some US States' constitutions explicitly make mention of secession provisions such as Texas (Texas v. White).

dadudemon
Arrested, kiddo.

And should have never been.

Wait...arrested means jailed 100% of the time. In police custody does not mean jailed.

So did they go to the police station and have to sit in a detention cell? If so, they were jailed until their arraignment.

eThneoLgrRnae
The Scottish and the Irish like to pretend they are separate from the UK (perhaps because they hate the English so much, or at least they used to). They're not. At least the northern part of Ireland is part of the UK. All of Scotland is, I believe.

-Pr-
Originally posted by dadudemon
I don't understand what you're saying. Are you trolling Surtur? if so, ignore everything I'm about to point out.

It has a:
Country flag
Country Coat of Arms
Country song
Country capital
Country government
Country leader(s)
Country currency
Country ISO code

If you mean to make a distinction between the UK's constituent countries, which are functionally similar to provinces and states in other countries, that's fine.* But the United Kingdom is still a country.

*NB4 discussions and rules of secession are stronger in the constituent countries of the UK compared to the US - they are not. Some US States' constitutions explicitly make mention of secession provisions such as Texas (Texas v. White).

I was mostly dicking around, but I dunno if I would agree with anyone likening Scotland and Wales to provinces. That's me though.

The Scottish and the Irish like to pretend they are separate from the UK (perhaps because they hate the English so much, or at least they used to). They're not. At least the northern part of Ireland is part of the UK. All of Scotland is, I believe.

Edit: Be glad you edited.

Artol
Originally posted by dadudemon

It has a:
Country flag
Country Coat of Arms
Country song
Country capital
Country government
Country leader(s)
Country currency
Country ISO code

The main question of nationhood in Europe is whether they have a united football team, which means that de facto the United Kingdom is made up of multiple countries.

dadudemon

Is it this one?

6CTWvSvd5Jw

Or this one?

vZ8eGgYC9v8

These are great finds. I really enjoyed the stories behind them and the videos themselves.

As for the first video, that's not protected speech. She should, at the minimum, be fined. Max, serve time in jail for incitement to violence. She done f*cked up. lol!

Here's the facebook post that got the second guy in hot water:

If that isn't as close as possible to incitement to violence, without actually stepping over the line, I don't know what is. They should enter this into law school when cover the incitement to violence section. To see how close he was to being over the line, you'd need an electron microscope.

In the US, freedom of speech is very generous. But it does not cover incitement to violence and violent threats. Thankfully, we have plenty of case law that makes it very clear what incitement to violence is.

The secret service agents that visited him were not young - they likely served Obama. They are non-partisan. They are there to protect the US Presidents (and former), user leaders, and financial systems. They probably think the dude in the second vid is a giant *******/douche especially for the accusations of being Trump's shills.

Edit - Also, it's why I warned a certain caustic KMC poster about his comments going too far about Trump a while back. It's best to stay away from those types of statements.

dadudemon
https://www.statista.com/graphic/1/262961/countries-with-the-most-prisoners.jpg

"Land of the Free"

*Jails more people than tyrannical oppresive dictatorship*

lol, Surtur, Jaden WTFPWN3D a la 2007 Internets with this post.

The US is a police state, for sure. With our foreign wars, drug war, and class wars, we are not the land of the free. We are the land of the lawyered and rich.

snowdragon
The US is a police state, for sure.

This is slightely comedic, only in the sense we compare the USA to China. They don't arrest ppl, they just shoot them or put them in camps.

Artol
What China does tot he Uyghur is unconscionable. At the very least an attempt at cultural genocide.

Old Man Whirly!
DdM doubling down for Voltron, this whole thread was purely aimed at trolling me. Couldn't care less, but, the number of these getting made lately, makes me laugh.

Insane Titan
It ain't. United States is probably Heaven compared to the UK. are you kidding me, they are both in a mess and shithole for various reasons.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by snowdragon
The US is a police state, for sure.

This is slightely comedic, only in the sense we compare the USA to China. They don't arrest ppl, they just shoot them or put them in camps. where as America just puts the boot on the neck of your minorities...

snowdragon
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
where as America just puts the boot on the neck of your minorities...

Ha, that boot finds the necks of everyone not just minorities.

Old Man Whirly!
wink This was a good thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.