Anti-Vax vs. Pro-Vax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Some say vaccinations cause autism, developmental delays, and illness in children.

Some say that's junk science.

I'm looking to collect the various perspectives and get into the science.

Send me science. Discuss the science. Post credible research. Rebuttals to research. etc.

Anti-Vax:

First one I ran into that is recent is this one:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2050312120925344

I don't know about rebuttals to this. Help me with rebuttals or replies to this study.

Second one I ran into:

From this, my first criticism is obvious: this wasn't an RCT, it was self-reported (though anonymous). We need clinical verification and this needs to be a controlled trial. I don't trust self-reported studies like these.

https://www.mendeley.com/catalogue/e9fcdf44-d406-3ef2-b196-4423ef9a9f53/

Other than that, that's the science of it and they report no competing interests. Anyone else have any rebuttals?

Pro-Vax

I struggled with this. I need just a broad study that covers the entire gamut of outcomes for children: NDD, OR, etc. I couldn't find any. I gave up. I was tired of looking. But I do find a ton of specific studies such as this meta-analysis (kind of ?) from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/pdf/cdcstudiesonvaccinesandautism.pdf

The CDC collects a ton of research on their site and they have research that covers the bad and the good related to vaccinations. I think they do an honest job of the vaccination debate.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/research/publications/index.html

Someone help me on the pro-vax side with better research. There was just too much research to go through.

Here's my stance: vaccines are great and have saved hundreds of millions of lives. The limited harm it causes is worth it. But we should do better and better with the science. Always work on balancing life and quality of life when developing these wonder-drugs. I am not super-pro-vaccination but I'm pretty close to it. I always desire drug safety and having all the facts before you so you know what you're getting into is always a good choice.

Do vaccines cause autism? Maybe? Mostly no. Some research suggests there may be a link but it is weak, at best. Having a child is better than tons of dead babies.

I know this is a contentious topic and some of you may not like how strongly I support vaccines. But try to keep it civil. Stick to the science. Post a lot of it. Discuss the science.

eThneoLgrRnae
Despite what many people on this forum may think, I am not really anti-vax. I am pro-free will. I would call it '"pro-choice" but I don't like being associated with a term that is linked to pro-abortion people.

And I could list plenty of evidence that vaccines are dangerous but I feel like it would just be a huge waste of time. I would put so much effort and time into it and it would just end-up being hand-waved away by the pro-vaxxers as not being reliable sources or whatever so not gonna bother.

dadudemon
Feel free to post that research. I'm here specifically to criticize the research, pick it apart, point out methodology weaknesses, etc.

Best outcomes are RCTs that focus on real world outcomes over long periods of time with very large sample sizes. That's the best kind of science.

Old Man Whirly!
From Smallpox to Polio and beyond, vaccines have eradicated diseases since Jenner played with sharp objects, milk maids and small boys.

/end thread

cdtm
I think compulsory anything is problematic, based off governments historically abusing such powers (Including our own)

Impediment
Jonas Salk proved to the entire planet that vaccines work.

And well, too.

eThneoLgrRnae
They are exyremely dangerous, that's a fact and nothing you say will ever change that fact. thumb up

I'd rather take my chances by boosting my immune system naturally rather than having a dangerous vaccine put into my body.

You wanna keep taking vaccines that's your business but don't try to force that shit on me.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by cdtm
I think compulsory anything is problematic, based off governments historically abusing such powers (Including our own)

Agreed, and if Trump doesn't make it clear that the vaccine (or vaccines,plural) will be voluntary then he can forget about my vote. At first he said that it would optional but then later on he kinda hinted that it would be mandatory when he said in passing that "people have to get their shots."

So it looks like he contradicted himself. He needs to make it clear which position he is taking.

If they are made mandatory and people refuse to take them anyway which many, including myself, will refuse them, what is the government gonna do about it? Arrest us all? Turn off our utilities like politicians in California are now doing to people who don't follow the lockdown mandates? That is a violation of basic human rights, btw.

wxyz
I'm pro vax but the government in no way should force people to vaccinate.

Government has no right to tell me what to do with my body.

Eon Blue

Surtur
I got a flu shot the other day.

wxyz
Originally posted by Surtur
I got a flu shot the other day.

You'll be mind controlled soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.