Nintendo after the Switch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
As we all know, the Switch is a huge success. But what will Nintendo do afterwards? They're about to be way behind in power with the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Will they just make a more powerful Switch? Will they make a new console entirely? And if they do, will they have another Wii U-level failure on their hands?

NewGuy01
flip a coin

cdtm
Originally posted by VG_Addict
As we all know, the Switch is a huge success. But what will Nintendo do afterwards? They're about to be way behind in power with the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Will they just make a more powerful Switch? Will they make a new console entirely? And if they do, will they have another Wii U-level failure on their hands?

Nintendo will do what its done since the 1980's. Continue to churn out the same creatively bankrupt cut 'n pastes schlock that their fanbots eat up like little girls going after Barbie dolls with a new outfit.

Impediment
Look for another gimmick and shamelessly exploit it.

Wii: Motion control.
Wii U: Touch screen interaction.
Switch: Dual action console and handheld capability.

My bet? VR will be next.

cdtm
Originally posted by Impediment
Look for another gimmick and shamelessly exploit it.

Wii: Motion control.
Wii U: Touch screen interaction.
Switch: Dual action console and handheld capability.

My bet? VR will be next.

If it can be done cheap.

Pretty sure no parent will spend a thousand dollars for their kid to enjoy Mario in VR.

StyleTime
Hasn't Nintendo openly stated they don't see Xbox and Playstation as competition, at least not in the traditional sense?

I can't really blame them tbh. Sega was the last company doing something similar to Nintendo, and Nintendo won that war. Now they practically exist in their own market system. It really doesn't matter that Playstation and Xbox are more powerful, as that wasn't Nintendo's selling point.

Nintendo makes evergreen content. The public will always, and I mean always, want the next Pokemon, Super Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, possibly Animal Crossing, etc. These titles don't have expiration dates.

And that's not me mocking the phenomenon either. I will unashamedly eat most of those titles up until the day I die. I'm literally wearing Zelda themed socks right now. Quite frankly, I think other companies would dream of having as many titles of that kind on their roster.

I just think some gamers get confused because console power is such an issue for other companies. Nintendo is playing a different game from Sony or Microsoft though, so it's not as relevant.

NemeBro
Yeah they cater to manchildren, it's true. thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yeah they cater to manchildren, it's true. thumb up

thumb up

StyleTime
They cater to actual children too. Get it right. thumb up

BackFire

Smasandian
I just wish they start making different IP's with their talented developer groups.

Super Mario Odyssey was fun but it was just another Mario game.
Do we need another Mario Kart? Or Mario Party? Or Mario sport games?

Obviously, Zelda made large change for the better but the series had that opening because previous games were largely the same.

Arachnid1
Yeah they cater to manchildren, it's true. thumb up Man child, checking in thumb up

Gimme more of that BOTW and Fire Emblem Three Houses goodness

MooCowofJustice

Jmanghan
Yeah they cater to manchildren, it's true. thumb up As a raging manchild, can confirm.

Anyway, if they can keep up what they've got with the switch (arguably one of the smartest and most revolutionary gaming idea of all time, graphical fidelity aside).

cdtm
Even in its grave, SEGA is infinity cooler then Nintendo.

Genesis does what Nintendon't.

StyleTime
Nah. I was a Sega kid growing up, but Sega ****ed themselves.

https://youtu.be/ytXpHrq9xoI

https://youtu.be/X1WgSrjpEAw

Also these, Dorkly had it right. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.