Fall Guys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
Just heard about this game the other day, but it's apparently gotten really popular.

To give you an idea of what the game is like, it's a battle royale with Mario Party style minigames and Wipeout-style obstacle courses.

Kazenji
I've been playing it, It's been good. Devolver Digital will eventually have to eventually add more arena's to it.

Impediment
It's a lot of fun online with friends and head sets.

Kazenji
Those phantom grab's can **** off during the tail grab rounds.

StyleTime
This game is way more fun than I expected. I love Mario Party, but it's nice to have another option for goofing off with friends. I even played solo and found myself laughing out loud.

walshy
I never game anymore, I only play GTA online very rarely and I played the spyro remasters but I am playing this game, it's simple and it's fun

cdtm
20 dollars! Who the hell pays 20 f'n dollars for a bad Smash Bros ripoff??

If it waw free, I probably still wouldn't touch it, but no way I'm ponying up that kind of coin for this... thing. Its a 5 dollar game at best.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
20 dollars! Who the hell pays 20 f'n dollars for a bad Smash Bros ripoff??

If it waw free, I probably still wouldn't touch it, but no way I'm ponying up that kind of coin for this... thing. Its a 5 dollar game at best.

It is free if you're on the PS4 with PS plus

and it's nothing like Smash Bro's, So try again dipshit.

StyleTime
Yeah, Fall Guys isn't a fighting game at all. I don't see the comparison.

KingD19
Fall Guys has nothing to do with Smash Bros at all. cdtm trying his normal routine.

Anyway, 4 Dubs and counting. I hate Hex-A-Gone with such a deep burning passion.

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
Yeah, Fall Guys isn't a fighting game at all. I don't see the comparison.

Neither is Smash. 😤

KingD19
Neither is Smash. 😤

Super Smash Bros. is a series of crossover fighting video games published by Nintendo... <Direct quote from Wikipedia.

Every single entry is called a Crossover fighting video game, so what were you saying? Since ya know, there's been Smash fighting tournaments for years and Smash is considered one of the most deceptively difficult to master fighting games ever made?

cdtm
Wikipedia says. laughing

Trocity
That is a weird double down. Fall Guys is a party game, Smash is clearly a fighting game. Who plays Smash Bros and doesn't think it's a fighting game? Evo is exclusively for fighting games and Smash is always there.

cdtm
Smash is a party game. It was never meant to be a competitive fighter.

Smash is as much a real fighting game as Burnout is a racing sim.

Kazenji
Cdtm's usual bullshit...

cdtm
More like the game is buffalo diarrhea.

I wouldn't play this shit looking game for free.

Trocity
Originally posted by Kazenji
Cdtm's usual bullshit...

I think he tried the game and kept getting shitted on.

cdtm
I did try many versions, and did well.

But it's like Power Stone, not Street Fighter. Smash absolutely in no way is a competitive fighting game, period.

The fact you need to cripple the game and restrict arenas is proof of this.

Kazenji

But it's like Power Stone, not Street Fighter. Smash absolutely in no way is a competitive fighting game, period.

But Smash is a competitive fighting game. It's even allowed at EVO.

cdtm
Evo's a joke. Glorified marketing for big companies over what's competitive.

Proof of this is Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Street Fighter 5, or the latest Marvel vs Capcom being there. Absolutely none of them are good, from a competitive stand point.

There's far better fighters to make competitions around.

StyleTime
Cdtm got caught in a time warp. He's still stuck in a past era where Street Fighter fanboys were super salty and afraid of Smash's success. When I attended tournaments more, you'd meet a lot of players during casuals/friendlies. I still remember talking with a couple of Smash players during a DoA or Soul Cal match, and discussing elitism and such. It was during an era where the 2D vs 3D divide was real, and many players had a problem with Smash too.

Thankfully, the fighting fame community has matured since then. They've realized the success of any fighting game is a success for the whole community. I'm glad the old guard is gone and we've got an influx of younger folks. Just makes the scene much more diverse.

The fact you need to cripple the game and restrict arenas is proof of this.
Cool story.

It's factually a competitive fighting game though, with more entrants than any other game at Evo last year. So enjoy your salt I guess. It's not crippling the game to optimize it for competitive environments. All fighters do that.

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
Cdtm got caught in a time warp. He's still stuck in a past era where Street Fighter fanboys were super salty and afraid of Smash's success. When I attended tournaments more, you'd meet a lot of players during casuals/friendlies. I still remember talking with a couple of Smash players during a DoA or Soul Cal match, and discussing elitism and such. It was during an era where the 2D vs 3D divide was real, and many players had a problem with Smash too.

Thankfully, the fighting fame community has matured since then. They've realized the success of any fighting game is a success for the whole community. I'm glad the old guard is gone and we've got an influx of younger folks. Just makes the scene much more diverse.

Cool story.

It's factually a competitive fighting game though, with more entrants than any other game at Evo last year. So enjoy your salt I guess. It's not crippling the game to optimize it for competitive environments. All fighters do that.

All fighters ban an OP dlc character, maybe. They don't disable 75% of the game to shoehorn in "competition".

Final Destination Final Destination items off.

StyleTime
Evo's a joke. Glorified marketing for big companies over what's competitive.

Proof of this is Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Street Fighter 5, or the latest Marvel vs Capcom being there. Absolutely none of them are good, from a competitive stand point.

There's far better fighters to make competitions around.
MvC wasn't in the official lineup for Evo last year, and they included Samurai Showdown and UNIST. They leave slots for lesser known titles, and each game gets to throw its own side-tournament anyway.

That said, they need people to actually show up. How do you propose they function if they just ignored big draws like Tekken or Smash or SF or DBZ?
All fighters ban an OP dlc character, maybe. They don't disable 75% of the game to shoehorn in "competition".

Final Destination Final Destination items off.
A game can be both things though. Smash can have things intended for goofing around with friends and also the ability to disable those things for competitive play.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.